Forum Settings
       
Reply To Thread

Hard to count?Follow

#1 Sep 01 2013 at 2:11 PM Rating: Default
Scholar
Avatar
34 posts
Im sorry for yet another rant about login issues.

Why is it so hard to count SE? You know how many copies are sold. So you know how many players (believers of the FF-serie) are gonna try and play this game. Why do you guys over at SE underestimate our love for FF? There`s just no excuse.

I`ve been playing FFXI for over 6 years, with my wife (so 2 paying accounts) . Payed an enormous amount for dollars. Bought a copy of FFXIV the minute we could. Been playing it for nearly 2 years. And now finally after waitng for months all we get is 1017 or 9000 or whatever. This is how you tread custumers who`ve been paying and enjoying your service`s for years!?


I expected a more/better/genuine moral understanding of Japanese ppl.


And yes I know, its just a game.....but holy ****. We`re on a Legacy server which makes it even more weird. Legacy servers are for players who played 1.0....so what the ****? You think we didnt come back to enjoy the game!? Shame on you SE. We love Final Fantasy, we`re more then happy to see this game rise and shine cause we know you make badass MMO`s.


So sad.
#2 Sep 01 2013 at 2:24 PM Rating: Excellent
Scholar
**
525 posts
Because it was impossible to estimate how many of the 600,000 people that bought 1.0 but didn't get legacy were going to play.

The answer? Apparently a lot.
____________________________
I used to care about my sig. Then I got mocked and ****-hurt. I shall commence with the self-pity now.
#3 Sep 01 2013 at 2:31 PM Rating: Decent
Scholar
***
1,658 posts
I agree they had preorder numbers they could have made a good estimate,,, Plus all those that signed up for beta should have game some indication. They are not just a few servers short.
Hmm wonder why? They didn't have the money to stick behind this game with all the losses maybe?
They had to launch to get the cash to actually launch more servers.

Think about it once you use your code you can not return the game or even sell it used. They have you it is too late and bad business tactics.

I feel sorry for Yoshi because he made a great game but works for a company that is broke. They have been laying off lots of people this year and should have been hiring for the launch instead.

You know what I am tired of hearing well other mmo launches are the same.. You know what I didn't buy those games. Also it make SE even dumber because they should have learned from the others mistakes instead of repeating them again, makes me believe they are broke.


Whats going to be the next excuse when things are not better? Really people SE keeps making you look dumb with all the defending. Well it will be worked out by P4, well it will be worked out by launch and what will you say tomorrow when next week is here?




Edited, Sep 1st 2013 5:10pm by Nashred
____________________________
FFXI: Nashred
Server: Phoenix

FFXIV : Sir Nashred
server: Ultros
#4 Sep 01 2013 at 2:38 PM Rating: Excellent
Avatar
*
79 posts
At least give them time to actually recover. The first time they had any indication of these problems was in Phase 4, and by then it was too late and still inconclusive. On August 24th when they finally confirmed the troubles they IMMEDIATELY started getting new servers up and told us they were and told us when they would be up (early next week and now updated to Wednesday). SOOOOOO, why not save the post until Wednesday and see how things improve etc. They can't magic away your problems because you think you deserve it more than non-Legacy players.
#6 Sep 01 2013 at 2:40 PM Rating: Good
There's nothing wrong with posting constructively, which you've done and it's appreciated and rated up. Sadly, regardless of the reason, they did mess up the counts and as such we're vastly overloaded. The negatice is that we can't reliably play. The positive is that we're not able to play because the game is doing so darn well :D

On Wednesday new hardware is being installed that, while it won't resolve the issue 100% I'm sure, it'll help alleviate it and make it more bearable.
____________________________
Blog: http://robertcrist.me/

Current: FFXIV | EVE Online (again)
Former: FFXI | The Matrix Online (FOREVER!!!) | STO | SW:TOR | EQ2 | WoW | Florensia | RF Online

FFXI :: Valefor :: Dareknight, Darexius
FFXIV :: Valefor :: Dare Knight
EVE Online :: Dare Knight, Hazel Knight, Rex Knight
#7 Sep 01 2013 at 2:47 PM Rating: Good
9 posts
Sadly the number of preorders weren't a very accurate estimation of player base, considering so many people only preordered to get the code, then cancelled their order. As a 1.0 player, I got fed up pretty quickly with the game, as I know many others did. I was very cautious about just jumping in with the "because it's a Final Fantasy game and it can't possibly be bad" attitude again.

To be honest, even I'm surprised they have this many people on board after the first failure. They must be overwhelmed. I know a lot of people are ticked off right now but I've been through enough launches to know that this is, unfortunately, normal.
#8 Sep 01 2013 at 2:50 PM Rating: Excellent
Avatar
******
29,911 posts
FFXIV4Evah wrote:
Incoming fanbois flames in 3....2...1....



IP / Name Posts / Total Flags Score

xx.xxx.xx.xxx 1 / 1 unresolved
vahlmyth 212 / 212 MUTE 1.24417592918021
FFXIV4Evah 1 / 1 NOPOST 1.16666666666667

Evading a mute is a bannable offense. Consider the mute permanent. Also, don't bother creating another account, I can ban them faster than you can make new e-mail accounts. Also, the whole that being a violation of At&t Internet Services terms of service and all.
____________________________
Arch Duke Kaolian Drachensborn, lvl 95 Ranger, Unrest Server
Tech support forum | FAQ (Support) | Mobile Zam: http://m.zam.com (Premium only)
Forum Rules
#9 Sep 01 2013 at 2:52 PM Rating: Decent
Avatar
**
728 posts
Better be careful, Fanboys don't like logical ideas like the number of people registering for the open beta being anywhere near the number of actual people trying to log in to play the game they registered to play.
____________________________
FFXI: DamienSlvrblade Race: Elvaan Nation: San d'Oria Server: Sylph 2002-2007, Phoenix 2012
PUP WHM PLD MNK BLU BST SAM WAR BLM 99 BRD THF NIN DNC SMN RDM 50+

FFXIV: Damien Scott Race: Duskwight Elezen GC: Limsa Lominsa Server: Ultros
DoW GLA50 ACN50 PUG50 MAR 50 Rest30+
DoH/DoL All 40+
#10 Sep 01 2013 at 2:56 PM Rating: Default
Scholar
***
1,658 posts
KarilanBlack wrote:
Sadly the number of preorders weren't a very accurate estimation of player base, considering so many people only preordered to get the code, then cancelled their order. As a 1.0 player, I got fed up pretty quickly with the game, as I know many others did. I was very cautious about just jumping in with the "because it's a Final Fantasy game and it can't possibly be bad" attitude again.

To be honest, even I'm surprised they have this many people on board after the first failure. They must be overwhelmed. I know a lot of people are ticked off right now but I've been through enough launches to know that this is, unfortunately, normal.



Oh really that makes no sense at all.. If all these people cancelled why are the servers so full?
If people cancelled we would not have this problems we would have over capacity.




Edited, Sep 1st 2013 4:59pm by Nashred
____________________________
FFXI: Nashred
Server: Phoenix

FFXIV : Sir Nashred
server: Ultros
#11 Sep 01 2013 at 2:59 PM Rating: Decent
Guru
**
617 posts
Nashred wrote:
KarilanBlack wrote:
Sadly the number of preorders weren't a very accurate estimation of player base, considering so many people only preordered to get the code, then cancelled their order. As a 1.0 player, I got fed up pretty quickly with the game, as I know many others did. I was very cautious about just jumping in with the "because it's a Final Fantasy game and it can't possibly be bad" attitude again.

To be honest, even I'm surprised they have this many people on board after the first failure. They must be overwhelmed. I know a lot of people are ticked off right now but I've been through enough launches to know that this is, unfortunately, normal.



Oh really that makes no sense at all.. If all these people cancelled why are the servers so full?
If people cancelled we would not have this issue..



Edited, Sep 1st 2013 4:58pm by Nashred


I'm going to ask you a question. What's the (apparently rather large) group of players that got the game for free, but did not get Early Access, and therefore would've had reason to preorder then cancel?
#12 Sep 01 2013 at 3:04 PM Rating: Good
9 posts
Nashred wrote:



Oh really that makes no sense at all.. If all these people cancelled why are the servers so full?
If people cancelled we would not have this problems we would have over capacity.




Edited, Sep 1st 2013 4:59pm by Nashred



I should have elaborated. Many 1.0 players preordered to get the preorder code bonus (items and head start) then cancelled their order. They got to keep their bonuses, I think there was a nonrefundable $5. It still doesn't exactly explain why the servers are loaded, but I was just pointing out the difficulty of reading the numbers.
I don't think they expected so many 1.0 players to come back. If all the complaining is any indication, I think this server problem will go away once the free period ends. ;)
#13 Sep 01 2013 at 3:09 PM Rating: Good
Guru
**
617 posts
KarilanBlack wrote:
Nashred wrote:



Oh really that makes no sense at all.. If all these people cancelled why are the servers so full?
If people cancelled we would not have this problems we would have over capacity.




Edited, Sep 1st 2013 4:59pm by Nashred



I should have elaborated. Many 1.0 players preordered to get the preorder code bonus (items and head start) then cancelled their order. They got to keep their bonuses, I think there was a nonrefundable $5. It still doesn't exactly explain why the servers are loaded, but I was just pointing out the difficulty of reading the numbers.
I don't think they expected so many 1.0 players to come back. If all the complaining is any indication, I think this server problem will go away once the free period ends. ;)


Bingo.
#14 Sep 01 2013 at 3:15 PM Rating: Decent
Scholar
***
1,658 posts
KarilanBlack wrote:
Nashred wrote:



Oh really that makes no sense at all.. If all these people cancelled why are the servers so full?
If people cancelled we would not have this problems we would have over capacity.




Edited, Sep 1st 2013 4:59pm by Nashred



I should have elaborated. Many 1.0 players preordered to get the preorder code bonus (items and head start) then cancelled their order. They got to keep their bonuses, I think there was a nonrefundable $5. It still doesn't exactly explain why the servers are loaded, but I was just pointing out the difficulty of reading the numbers.
I don't think they expected so many 1.0 players to come back. If all the complaining is any indication, I think this server problem will go away once the free period ends. ;)



They are off by way to much here.. This is no small number of people they missed by, It is not just a couple of servers..

I am sorry but I just can not see a company missing by this much without there being some other reason.

I didn't even have the pre order #'s but said way back this launch should have been pushed back. They have more info than me but I am smarter than SE.. I dont think So... I Think SE knew what was going to happen. Again I think it is other reasons I have stated.


Edited, Sep 1st 2013 5:35pm by Nashred
____________________________
FFXI: Nashred
Server: Phoenix

FFXIV : Sir Nashred
server: Ultros
#15 Sep 01 2013 at 3:20 PM Rating: Good
Scholar
Avatar
34 posts
Oh my...this is going in the wrong direction.


Im from Holland, Amsterdam. So English isnt my native. PLz. plz, plz...this thread is about the love I (we all have) about the Final Fantasy series. FFXI was/is a **** of an MMO. So SE is more then capable of making a *very* good MMO. I just dont get why they underestimate our love for the series.

I really do understand that launching such a game has its minors....but geez, why is it possible that a player like me, and many others like me, are treated like all others? Im not saying im better then you guys but SE surely can see im (and many others) a customer which is willing to stay (and pay) for years to come.



Ahh well geuss Im just upset Im unable to enjoy playing this wonderfull game with my wife and friends for life which I made during XI.


And yes I feel sorry for Yoshi. I know he and his team did all they could. I was able to play some and yeah the game improved A LOT!



But I wanna play and sadly my weekend is over and all Im left with is....well an unsatisfied feeling.......due to hardware issues....which is so unnesassery lol. Plug in a few servers...its not that hard. You can rent them...I know cause its my core business lol.

Edited, Sep 1st 2013 5:24pm by Chiem

Edited, Sep 1st 2013 5:24pm by Chiem
#16 Sep 01 2013 at 3:47 PM Rating: Good
Scholar
Avatar
*
181 posts
DamienSScott wrote:
Better be careful, Fanboys don't like logical ideas like the number of people registering for the open beta being anywhere near the number of actual people trying to log in to play the game they registered to play.


Well im sure they're are tons of people that download demos or sign up for free trials that never bother getting the game. When you walk into the grocery store get a free sample do you always buy the item?

I'm sure the planned for a lot of people just not a record breaking amount of people. To plan for that would be foolish and not how you run a business.

Or would you have rather then slap a few servers up in a flash and have them be buggy and crash.
#17 Sep 01 2013 at 3:48 PM Rating: Excellent
Chiem wrote:
Oh my...this is going in the wrong direction.


Im from Holland, Amsterdam. So English isnt my native. PLz. plz, plz...this thread is about the love I (we all have) about the Final Fantasy series. FFXI was/is a **** of an MMO. So SE is more then capable of making a *very* good MMO. I just dont get why they underestimate our love for the series.

I really do understand that launching such a game has its minors....but geez, why is it possible that a player like me, and many others like me, are treated like all others? Im not saying im better then you guys but SE surely can see im (and many others) a customer which is willing to stay (and pay) for years to come.



Ahh well geuss Im just upset Im unable to enjoy playing this wonderfull game with my wife and friends for life which I made during XI.


And yes I feel sorry for Yoshi. I know he and his team did all they could. I was able to play some and yeah the game improved A LOT!



But I wanna play and sadly my weekend is over and all Im left with is....well an unsatisfied feeling.......due to hardware issues....which is so unnesassery lol. Plug in a few servers...its not that hard. You can rent them...I know cause its my core business lol.

Edited, Sep 1st 2013 5:24pm by Chiem

Edited, Sep 1st 2013 5:24pm by Chiem



First, welcome to the forums! Your English isn't very bad at all and I had no problem understanding you.

To address your concern, consider this. If they gave preference to players who have played XI and XIV 1.0, they'd be forced to explain said preference to the public. The public would severely frown upon this and we'd have much more heated debates than we have now. As it is, everyone has an equal chance of playing the game (or not playing, in this case). This avoids the PR nightmare that would ensue if they gave a certain group login preferences. For every person that logs in with preference, they'd have to manually boot one person without. No company in their right mind would do that and expect to thrive.
____________________________
Blog: http://robertcrist.me/

Current: FFXIV | EVE Online (again)
Former: FFXI | The Matrix Online (FOREVER!!!) | STO | SW:TOR | EQ2 | WoW | Florensia | RF Online

FFXI :: Valefor :: Dareknight, Darexius
FFXIV :: Valefor :: Dare Knight
EVE Online :: Dare Knight, Hazel Knight, Rex Knight
Reply To Thread

Colors Smileys Quote OriginalQuote Checked Help

 

Recent Visitors: 94 All times are in CST
Callinon, Anonymous Guests (93)