Forum Settings
       
Reply To Thread

Digital SalesFollow

#1 Sep 01 2013 at 5:57 PM Rating: Good
Avatar
*
79 posts
Does anyone know when they are going to reopen the digital sales back up?
#2 Sep 01 2013 at 6:01 PM Rating: Decent
Scholar
***
1,030 posts
There's been no official word but I'd imagine a week, at least. That's how it usually goes when digital versions get temporarily halted.
#3 Sep 01 2013 at 6:01 PM Rating: Decent
The official post said something, once the new server/infrastructure is "working" they would flip the switch for digital sales. We wont know until Wednesday at the earliest.

Quote:
To address this matter, we are currently working on introducing new Worlds and enhancing the performance of the login and match making processes on both the Japanese and North American & European data centers. This operation is expected to be completed at the beginning of next week.

Until this operation is complete, we would like to prioritize the quality of service for those who have already purchased the game. Therefore, we are temporarily suspending the sale of the digital download versions of FINAL FANTASY XIV: A Realm Reborn. Once the operation has been completed, the sale of the digital download version will resume.

While the operation is in progress, we will continue to apply restrictions on both the creation of characters and the ability to log into the game. Throughout this time, we will be offering constant updates on the progress of the operation.
from : http://na.finalfantasyxiv.com/lodestone/topics/detail/e3a37c6c1c83ed7fc1e26a7a9d1308da98f95947
**added source

Edited, Sep 1st 2013 8:03pm by pufardo
____________________________
FFXIV Character, Trixi Athensa
[ffxisig]199948[/ffxisig]
#4 Sep 01 2013 at 6:09 PM Rating: Good
Avatar
*
79 posts
pufardo, Tarutaru Murder Suspect wrote:
The official post said something, once the new server/infrastructure is "working" they would flip the switch for digital sales. We wont know until Wednesday at the earliest.

Quote:
To address this matter, we are currently working on introducing new Worlds and enhancing the performance of the login and match making processes on both the Japanese and North American & European data centers. This operation is expected to be completed at the beginning of next week.

Until this operation is complete, we would like to prioritize the quality of service for those who have already purchased the game. Therefore, we are temporarily suspending the sale of the digital download versions of FINAL FANTASY XIV: A Realm Reborn. Once the operation has been completed, the sale of the digital download version will resume.

While the operation is in progress, we will continue to apply restrictions on both the creation of characters and the ability to log into the game. Throughout this time, we will be offering constant updates on the progress of the operation.
from : http://na.finalfantasyxiv.com/lodestone/topics/detail/e3a37c6c1c83ed7fc1e26a7a9d1308da98f95947
**added source

Edited, Sep 1st 2013 8:03pm by pufardo



Oh wow I'm blind lol. Thank you, must have over looked that
#5 Sep 01 2013 at 6:10 PM Rating: Decent
Avatar
*
79 posts
Wednesday is the earliest, but more likely next week.
#6 Sep 02 2013 at 3:59 AM Rating: Decent
Scholar
**
525 posts
They wanna make money. New Servers go live Wednesday and I bet sales do too.
____________________________
I used to care about my sig. Then I got mocked and ****-hurt. I shall commence with the self-pity now.
#7 Sep 02 2013 at 4:12 AM Rating: Decent
**
438 posts
They'll give it a week before unlocking digital sales, just to see how stable the servers are, and just how many more they can handle.
____________________________
Star Swirl on Behemoth AKA Best-hemoth AKA The Cool Kid's Table----60AST, 60WHM, 60SCH/SMN, 60BLM, 60MNK, 38 PLD, 34DRG, 31NIN, 27MRD
FFXI- Derpypony on Asura
Check out the Dream Network, a Twitch.tv community for XIV fans, featuring notable streamers like Mr. Happy, MTQcapture, Rahhzay, and Slyakagreyfox! http://dreamnetwork.tv/forum/index.php
Then maybe check out myself, EquestriaGuy, on twitch at http://www.twitch.tv/equestriaguy


#8 Sep 02 2013 at 5:20 AM Rating: Decent
*
55 posts
garethrogue wrote:
They'll give it a week before unlocking digital sales, just to see how stable the servers are, and just how many more they can handle.


That would be the smart thing to do, but I wouldn't be surprised if they unlocked digital sales on wednesday... $$$
____________________________
FFXI
Comfortablynumb from Garuda
Metallious from Remora

FFXIV
Darkman Nightstar from Excalibur
#9 Sep 02 2013 at 5:21 AM Rating: Good
Worst. Title. Ever!
*****
16,537 posts
DarkmanNightstar wrote:
garethrogue wrote:
They'll give it a week before unlocking digital sales, just to see how stable the servers are, and just how many more they can handle.


That would be the smart thing to do, but I wouldn't be surprised if they unlocked digital sales on wednesday... $$$


Think they already said they'd keep the restrictions tight for an unspecified time after the upgrades, so it's not like it'd hurt them anymore than not.
____________________________
Can't sleep, clown will eat me.
Reply To Thread

Colors Smileys Quote OriginalQuote Checked Help

 

Recent Visitors: 95 All times are in CST
Anonymous Guests (95)