Forum Settings
       
Reply To Thread

Obligatory Weekend Accomplishment Thread 8/31 - 9/2Follow

#27 Sep 03 2013 at 11:02 AM Rating: Good
Avatar
***
1,208 posts
Wow I'm feeling like I am lagging behind already... all these level 50's... limited playtime between 1017 and RL has kept me down.

I did reach level 30 on Lancer, couldn't quite open up DRG yet... going to try again at level 31... was sooo close.

Opened up The Thousand Maws of Toto-Rak and beat it so I'm advancing the story and levelling too.

I also dinged 17 Culinarian and learned how to use the AH... so I'm not as broke as I was last week...

Surprise... I'm selling Meat Miq'abobs left and right!
____________________________
The Kraken Club - (Ultros FC)
Character Name: Meat Mithkabob
#28 Sep 03 2013 at 11:15 AM Rating: Excellent
Anterograde Amnesia
Avatar
*****
12,363 posts
Refews wrote:
Thanks for the links Wint. I hit 32 in fishing and am grinding out the 2nd tier of achievements. Noscea and Shroud are done at lvl 2 and working on Thal. Then it is on to lvl 3. However, looking at those pieces, I might want to just fish Del Sol for sharks till 40.

As for my weekend when I could get in, fishing: see above.
Unlocked WHM.
Put up with asshat tanks in Hala and Toto, then had some great personable tanks at other times.
Got all my classes to 15 and burned off all my lower gear into materia.
..and that is really all I had planned. Now I want to work on tanking better while pushing through the story... TBD by the login servers.


I'd go to the dunes at 35 for your class quest, the money may not be as good as with sharks, but the XP is at least double that of Costa Del Sol.
____________________________
"Choosy MMO's choose Wint." - Louiscool
The greatest trick the devil ever pulled was to convince the world he didn't exist.
Keyser Soze - Ultros
Guide to Setting Up Mumble on a Raspberry Pi
#29 Sep 03 2013 at 11:19 AM Rating: Excellent
***
3,716 posts
Hit 34 on monk and bashed my face against Titan until he fell over. I know the COMMON strat is to punch him with my fists, but I think that just shows a lack of creativity.
____________________________
svlyons wrote:
If random outcomes aren't acceptable to you, then don't play with random people.
#30 Sep 03 2013 at 11:20 AM Rating: Excellent
lvl 35 War
Sergeant 3rd class for Grand Company
Bypassed any gear that made me look like I had no neck.
#31 Sep 03 2013 at 11:21 AM Rating: Good
***
2,120 posts
Wint wrote:
Refews wrote:
Thanks for the links Wint. I hit 32 in fishing and am grinding out the 2nd tier of achievements. Noscea and Shroud are done at lvl 2 and working on Thal. Then it is on to lvl 3. However, looking at those pieces, I might want to just fish Del Sol for sharks till 40.

As for my weekend when I could get in, fishing: see above.
Unlocked WHM.
Put up with asshat tanks in Hala and Toto, then had some great personable tanks at other times.
Got all my classes to 15 and burned off all my lower gear into materia.
..and that is really all I had planned. Now I want to work on tanking better while pushing through the story... TBD by the login servers.


I'd go to the dunes at 35 for your class quest, the money may not be as good as with sharks, but the XP is at least double that of Costa Del Sol.

That's definitely a solid grinding spot. Every possible catch is good XP. I've been struggling to find a similar spot in Coerthas. Some good level 40 spots, but with some low level fish mixed in that I catch too often for crap XP.
#32 Sep 03 2013 at 11:22 AM Rating: Excellent
Guru
***
1,673 posts
ARC to 25 and I also got my chocobo. That was an accomplishment. I'm up to the point where I need to run Toto-Rak.

So many more things that I want to do!!
#33 Sep 03 2013 at 11:30 AM Rating: Excellent
Avatar
**
595 posts
Unlocked Bard FTW!
#34 Sep 03 2013 at 11:31 AM Rating: Good
Scholar
***
3,599 posts
Wint wrote:
I got to 37 fishing, but I'm trying to catch the desert catfish and have been unsuccessful so far. I posted in the Fisher forums to see if anyone else has done it and if they have any advice. Happy with my fishing progress, looking forward to the level 50 armor.


Oh man, I love fishing now! I got it to 14. So relaxing.

Quote:
I penta-melded a cotton cowl do get my gamblers crown. Unfortunately this really isn't an achievement because the first four were 100% and the fifth was 40% chance.


Such a gambler!

Quote:
Which leads to a question ... How do I get that cool Mech Armor for the Choco???


Beat the main scenario
____________________________

[ffxivsig]1183812[/ffxivsig]
#35 Sep 03 2013 at 11:38 AM Rating: Excellent
Anterograde Amnesia
Avatar
*****
12,363 posts
TwistedOwl wrote:
Wint wrote:
Refews wrote:
Thanks for the links Wint. I hit 32 in fishing and am grinding out the 2nd tier of achievements. Noscea and Shroud are done at lvl 2 and working on Thal. Then it is on to lvl 3. However, looking at those pieces, I might want to just fish Del Sol for sharks till 40.

As for my weekend when I could get in, fishing: see above.
Unlocked WHM.
Put up with asshat tanks in Hala and Toto, then had some great personable tanks at other times.
Got all my classes to 15 and burned off all my lower gear into materia.
..and that is really all I had planned. Now I want to work on tanking better while pushing through the story... TBD by the login servers.


I'd go to the dunes at 35 for your class quest, the money may not be as good as with sharks, but the XP is at least double that of Costa Del Sol.

That's definitely a solid grinding spot. Every possible catch is good XP. I've been struggling to find a similar spot in Coerthas. Some good level 40 spots, but with some low level fish mixed in that I catch too often for crap XP.


Changing bait sometimes helps. Iron Jigs in Costa Del Sol lower your catch rate on Gobys and that other trash fish I forget the name of, but then again you need HQ Gobys for mooching the sharks. So it really depends on what your aim is, XP, or Gil.
____________________________
"Choosy MMO's choose Wint." - Louiscool
The greatest trick the devil ever pulled was to convince the world he didn't exist.
Keyser Soze - Ultros
Guide to Setting Up Mumble on a Raspberry Pi
#36 Sep 03 2013 at 12:25 PM Rating: Default
*
249 posts
I got to lvl 47 on my SMN, beat garuda, and a couple or three new dungeons.
#37 Sep 03 2013 at 12:31 PM Rating: Good
Sage
Avatar
**
448 posts
Wint wrote:

Changing bait sometimes helps. Iron Jigs in Costa Del Sol lower your catch rate on Gobys and that other trash fish I forget the name of, but then again you need HQ Gobys for mooching the sharks. So it really depends on what your aim is, XP, or Gil.


Sardines were pulling up sharks as well. And there is also the achievement. I believe Del Sol is 30 which means tier 3.
____________________________
"We're getting close, real close. And now for some more bad news... Ready?"
-- Egg Shen
#38 Sep 03 2013 at 12:35 PM Rating: Excellent
Avatar
*
246 posts
I took fishing from 23 to 50 and got a full set of HQ AF.
#39 Sep 03 2013 at 12:39 PM Rating: Excellent
Managed to log in for a bit on Saturday and Monday nights.

Those, by themselves, were great accomplishments!
____________________________
Thayos Redblade
Jormungandr
Hyperion
#40 Sep 03 2013 at 12:41 PM Rating: Excellent
*****
10,563 posts
StateAlchemist, Om nom nom... wrote:
I penta-melded a cotton cowl do get my gamblers crown. Unfortunately this really isn't an achievement because the first four were 100% and the fifth was 40% chance.


Do you get the crown in the mail after getting the achievement or do you have to do something else to actually get the item?
____________________________
◕ ‿‿ ◕
#41 Sep 03 2013 at 12:43 PM Rating: Decent
***
2,377 posts
All this talk of Fishing.. it's high time I picked it back up. I did get WAR to 38 today. The main story is really getting good. But I feel 50 is coming so quick, and I'll sideline it for some time spent crafting.
____________________________
"The game is fun as **** to me and I don't need epeen DPS parsers to feel like a bad ****. " ~Curt Schilling (A.K.A Wyndwraith)
#42 Sep 03 2013 at 12:46 PM Rating: Decent
Scholar
***
3,599 posts
LordMethos wrote:
I took fishing from 23 to 50 and got a full set of HQ AF.


Wow! How??? Like.. what's the best way to level it? Just grind it out? It was nice and peaceful but eventually I got a little bored of pebble crabs and ended up shooting other crabs with my bow.

Quote:
I did get WAR to 38 today. The main story is really getting good. But I feel 50 is coming so quick, and I'll sideline it for some time spent crafting.


Without any spoilers, you got a while to go!

Edited, Sep 3rd 2013 2:47pm by Louiscool

Edited, Sep 3rd 2013 2:47pm by Louiscool
____________________________

[ffxivsig]1183812[/ffxivsig]
#43 Sep 03 2013 at 12:55 PM Rating: Excellent
Avatar
*
246 posts
The only thing I really did in version 1.0 was fishing, so I started game as a level 23. I went to the fisherman's guild and picked up my lvl 1, 5, 10, 15, & 20 quests (not all at the same time of course) and did those and just by fishing a little bit to finish those quests, the next thing I knew I was level 25.

From that point I still had a bunch of rested xp from phase 4 beta to early access.
I went to Costa Del Sol and fished till level 30 and then Moondrip (just North of Vesper Bay) till 35.
After that, it is dunefishing from 35 - 40. Then I went to Burning Wall in Eastern Thanalan from 40-45. Then finally capped it off with skyfishing from 45-50.

I pulled a marathon grind from 38-50 in about 14 hours (including the lvl 40, 45, 50 fishing quests) and about 2 hours of profit fishing.

I got lucky and made some very good profit fishing as soon as early access began, but now the undercutters have already saturated the market. I am still making some gil... but in the first couple of days it was very very nice.

Edit: It is very important to spend the gil to buy good perception gear. It makes it a lot faster to level up when you are pulling in HQ's frequently for 14k - 20k per fish instead of 2.2k - 4.5k per fish.

Edited, Sep 3rd 2013 2:59pm by LordMethos
#44 Sep 03 2013 at 12:58 PM Rating: Good
Scholar
**
482 posts
Managed to get Pugilist to 30 and unlocked Monk, then I made the mistake of not being an *** and actually logging out for the night. Sunday morning I got into queue four times before 1017-ing out again, so I spent all my time watching 8 Out of 10 Cats on YouTube instead.
____________________________
Kuyo - Hume Male - Pandemonium server (Retired)
75 Monk, 75 Samurai
#45 Sep 03 2013 at 1:07 PM Rating: Decent
Scholar
Avatar
**
587 posts
Louiscool wrote:
And yes, I fully expect 19 replies along the lines of "I logged in!" and "I canceled my account!"

Me? I successfully quad-melded a Gyphonskin Tunic! And by me, I mean I made my friend do it for me. Got 3rd meld (30% chance) and 4th meld (15%) on the first tries. Sadly, 5th meld failed with only an 8% chance.

Screenshot


Nice stuff man.

So, just so I understand correctly - we can meld materia onto other gear by having the one who owns the gear trade it to us, we meld it, and trade it back, right? This is all possible as long as the item is not spiritbound?

As for my weekend accomplishments. Yes, defeated the 1017 HNM a few times. Managed to get Gladiator to 30, PLD unlocked, Mining, Goldsmithing and Armorsmithing all to 21.
____________________________
FFXIV
Vencedor Solares - 50 PLD

WoW
Vencedor - 85 Protection Paladin - Ner'zhul
Dancingedge - 85 Rogue - Ner'zhul

FFXI
Weran - 75SAM | 75THF | 100+2+3 Woodworking
#46 Sep 03 2013 at 1:07 PM Rating: Good
Guru
Avatar
**
362 posts
Finished? Let's see.. SMN to 44, keeping up to date on SMN/SCH job quests, main story up to Garuda (got pounded by her before we logged off), and completed my THM/BLM storyline.

Achievements? Being able to get any experience at all in Coerthas fates while not being in the zerg groups..
____________________________
Anakte Grey
BLM 50 SMN/SCH 50 WHM 40
MRD 26 DRG 30 MNK 30 GLA 25

http://art.penny-arcade.com/photos/416469141_Vt5aq-XL-2.jpg
#47 Sep 03 2013 at 1:12 PM Rating: Decent
Scholar
**
297 posts
I just got my PLD to lv 35. I really need to update the gear for it though. Miner I hit lv 15 or so.
____________________________
FFXIV - Ultros - Kraken Club - Karma Zameleons
Autumn Klmbkvist

FFXI - Fenrir (Retired)
Osmund
Diogenes

"Move with confidence."
"Anything worth doing is never easy."
#48 Sep 03 2013 at 1:19 PM Rating: Good
*****
10,563 posts
Oh yea, accomplishments. 30-37 (well, almost) BLM, 17 BTN, 20 WVR, 15 CUL, got to an interesting part of the story, and even ran Qarn last night for the first time with only 1 wipe on the last boss (mostly owing to the tank knowing what he was doing and doing a good job of coaching). Smiley: nod

____________________________
◕ ‿‿ ◕
#49 Sep 03 2013 at 1:25 PM Rating: Excellent
Anterograde Amnesia
Avatar
*****
12,363 posts
LordMethos wrote:
Edit: It is very important to spend the gil to buy good perception gear. It makes it a lot faster to level up when you are pulling in HQ's frequently for 14k - 20k per fish instead of 2.2k - 4.5k per fish.

Edited, Sep 3rd 2013 2:59pm by LordMethos


Also, Jack O' Lanterns Smiley: thumbsup
____________________________
"Choosy MMO's choose Wint." - Louiscool
The greatest trick the devil ever pulled was to convince the world he didn't exist.
Keyser Soze - Ultros
Guide to Setting Up Mumble on a Raspberry Pi
#50 Sep 03 2013 at 1:36 PM Rating: Decent
***
1,430 posts
*Got Arcanist to 27 on the way towards joining the Maelstrom and earning enough seals for my personal bird (also allowing me to ride the kitty I got for ordering early).

*Started out on the Culinarian class and cooked up to level 8. Much better system than synthing.

*If the morning before work counts, blitzed Thaumaturge to 15, leaving me 3 levels away from unlocking Summoner.
____________________________
Hayward: San d'Orian Elvaan Male. Cerberus Server.

*Current Project: Mog Garden*
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Hayward Timberwolf | Limsa Lominsa | Adamantoise | Elezen Male

Main class: ACN50
Other classes: THM50|ARC50|CNJ50|GLA50|MRD50|PGL50|LNC50|ROG50
DoH: CUL50|CRP50|ALC50|BSM50|ARM50|WVR50|LTW50|GSM50
DoL: Miner, Lv. 50|Botanist Lv. 50|Fisher Lv. 50
Jobs Unlocked: SMN|BLM|SCH|PLD|WHM|BRD|WAR|DRG|NIN
#51 Sep 03 2013 at 1:48 PM Rating: Decent
I got Goldsmith and Lancer to 19... some other Crafts +15, and then tried to use the Duty Finder to enter the first dungeon on the main storyline (no luck).
____________________________
FFXIV Character, Trixi Athensa
[ffxisig]199948[/ffxisig]
Reply To Thread

Colors Smileys Quote OriginalQuote Checked Help

 

Recent Visitors: 1 All times are in CST
Anonymous Guests (1)