Forum Settings
       
« Previous 1 2
Reply To Thread

Error 3102?Follow

#1 Sep 04 2013 at 6:53 AM Rating: Decent
Scholar
*
78 posts
It's happening to me again. Says im logged in when im trying to log in. It's the same on all of my characters.. Anyone else having this problem?
#2 Sep 04 2013 at 6:55 AM Rating: Decent
11 posts
Yep, never, ever happened to me during beta or before this maintenance. Not 5 minutes after logging in this morning, kicked (90k) and now i'm "still logged in" for the past 20 minutes now.
#3 Sep 04 2013 at 6:56 AM Rating: Good
Avatar
*
126 posts
I'm getting it too. I stepped away for 30 minutes and when I came back I was logged out and when I tried to log back on I got that message.
____________________________
˚. ★ *˛ ˚♥* ✰。˚ ˚ღ。* ˛˚ ♥ 。✰˚* ˚ ★ღ ˚. ★ *˛ ˚♥* ✰。˚ ˚ღ。* ˛˚ ♥ 。✰˚* ˚ ★ღ

Amanda ♥ CST ♥
FFXIV: ♥ Torokeru Senjo ♥ Malboro ♥ Miqo'te ♥ Aspiring Scholar

˚. ★ *˛ ˚♥* ✰。˚ ˚ღ。* ˛˚ ♥ 。✰˚* ˚ ★ღ ˚. ★ *˛ ˚♥* ✰。˚ ˚ღ。* ˛˚ ♥ 。✰˚* ˚ ★ღ
#4 Sep 04 2013 at 6:56 AM Rating: Decent
Scholar
*
78 posts
Problems after problems. This game is really good but would be fun to actually get to play it without hours of investment even before you get in..
#5 Sep 04 2013 at 6:58 AM Rating: Good
**
589 posts
Mekiri wrote:
It's happening to me again. Says im logged in when im trying to log in. It's the same on all of my characters.. Anyone else having this problem?


I had it once when I got kicked moving zones, I had to close the client down completely, reload, and sit through 40 mins of 1017 pop-ups.
____________________________
Solomon Grundy | Born on a Monday | Excalibur Server | Abyss: Welcome to a Higher Quality of Nerding™
#6 Sep 04 2013 at 6:59 AM Rating: Good
Scholar
*
78 posts
SolomonGrundy wrote:
Mekiri wrote:
It's happening to me again. Says im logged in when im trying to log in. It's the same on all of my characters.. Anyone else having this problem?


I had it once when I got kicked moving zones, I had to close the client down completely, reload, and sit through 40 mins of 1017 pop-ups.

Ive got it many times after being kicked. This time however i logged out and cant get in no matter what i do.
#7 Sep 04 2013 at 7:02 AM Rating: Good
***
3,178 posts
Try restarting your PC.

EDIT: Bhahaha. I gave some friendly advice and got rated down for it? Perhaps take your frustration out on someone who is not trying to help you.

Edited, Sep 4th 2013 9:07am by Gnu
#8 Sep 04 2013 at 7:03 AM Rating: Decent
Scholar
***
3,293 posts
Well I just made my own thread about this, ya beat me to it.
____________________________
Danalog the Vengeful Programmer
King of All Code wrote:
Um, I hope Kouranx doesn't mind me spamming his journal, I don't even know who he is really =P
#9 Sep 04 2013 at 7:07 AM Rating: Decent
Scholar
*
78 posts
Gnu wrote:
Try restarting your PC.

Already tried that aswell, doesnt work.
#10 Sep 04 2013 at 7:10 AM Rating: Good
***
3,178 posts
Mekiri wrote:
Gnu wrote:
Try restarting your PC.

Already tried that aswell, doesnt work.


Did you try perhaps shutting down your modem as well?
#11 Sep 04 2013 at 7:11 AM Rating: Excellent
Scholar
***
2,153 posts
Gnu wrote:
Try restarting your PC.

Why not reformatting, while you are at it?
No, seriously, it's getting *a bit* ridiculous now. Throughout all the forums I am able to read (German, Japanese, English),
people are up in arms because they can't play the game they bought quite some time ago. I usually am one of the first to
defend my countrymen, but they really, really need to speed up their solutions a bit.

It's natural that there is a rush, and that there is some congestion; it's a MMO launch, after all. It's also natural that they
need to balance costs with the benefits of opening up new capacities that may not be needed in a month or so. But a
considerable portion of the playerbase is spending a considerable portion of their "playtime" playing the login game; and
that's not what they signed up for. If Yoshi wants to attract newcomers to MMOs, he should make sure that they are not
greeted by a constant

"ERROR 1307: YOU ARE A SILLY MMO NOOB BELIEVING YOU CAN SIMPLY LOG IN AND PLAY"
#12 Sep 04 2013 at 7:13 AM Rating: Good
Scholar
26 posts
It's nothing to do with our pc/routers hundreds of people have been getting kicked all day long and then 3102 when trying to log back in, its the data centre/whatever they did in maint.
#13 Sep 04 2013 at 7:22 AM Rating: Good
*
133 posts
#14 Sep 04 2013 at 7:24 AM Rating: Excellent
Scholar
**
525 posts
Gonna be a pretty epic fail if they fix 1017 only for 3102 to come back.

Edited, Sep 4th 2013 6:24am by Buffylvr
____________________________
I used to care about my sig. Then I got mocked and ****-hurt. I shall commence with the self-pity now.
#15 Sep 04 2013 at 7:27 AM Rating: Decent
Scholar
*
78 posts
Buffylvr wrote:
Gonna be a pretty epic fail if they fix 1017 only for 3102 to come back.

Edited, Sep 4th 2013 6:24am by Buffylvr

But thats the fix eh? No full servers when people are denied to even log in! Fix logic of SE..
#16 Sep 04 2013 at 7:29 AM Rating: Excellent
***
3,178 posts
You know what? A friend of mine had this 3102 happen, logged out, power-cycled his modem, and then it worked.

These forums noobs coming in and venting their frustration by down-rating people who are trying to help them, that's the reason I see that the more experienced forum posters are mainly avoiding these threads.

That's what you get for trying to help people. No good deed goes unpunished.
#17 Sep 04 2013 at 7:32 AM Rating: Excellent
Scholar
*
78 posts
Gnu wrote:
You know what? A friend of mine had this 3102 happen, logged out, power-cycled his modem, and then it worked.

These forums noobs coming in and venting their frustration by down-rating people who are trying to help them, that's the reason I see that the more experienced forum posters are mainly avoiding these threads.

That's what you get for trying to help people. No good deed goes unpunished.

Yeah it could work in case the connection was still on somehow for the server. However for me at least it didnt :/. No idea why people bash others for trying to help though.
#18 Sep 04 2013 at 7:33 AM Rating: Excellent
11 posts
The only way that rebooting the computer / restarting the modem could possibly be a fix to Error 3102 is if FFXIV keeps a process running in the background separate from the game itself to keep a socket open to the FFXIV servers. While I haven't checked this, I highly doubt such a thing is running. Error 3102 is completely on SE's side to recognize when a player gets kicked or disconnected and marking the character as such in a timely fashion. Anything your friend saw was complete correlation, not causation.

It was able to get back in, but it took a good 20 minutes for the servers to fix themselves, and I've seen reports on the official forums of waiting even up to an hour.
#19 Sep 04 2013 at 7:38 AM Rating: Decent
Scholar
*
78 posts
Been almost an hour for me now. Also the weird thing is that i cant even log any of my other characters on other worlds which i havent even used before in ARR. Having the same error on those ones aswell.


Edited, Sep 4th 2013 9:40am by Mekiri
#20 Sep 04 2013 at 7:42 AM Rating: Good
***
3,178 posts
jameskilton wrote:
. Error 3102 is completely on SE's side to recognize when a player gets kicked or disconnected and marking the character as such in a timely fashion. Anything your friend saw was complete correlation, not causation.

It was able to get back in, but it took a good 20 minutes for the servers to fix themselves, and I've seen reports on the official forums of waiting even up to an hour.


Sure, could be that the time it took to shut everything down was enough to let the server figure out the character was not logged in anymore.

You think there is no way some kind of persistent lingering connection on the client side could keep that from resetting correctly server side? It does seem unlikely.

Other than those things, there really isn't anything you can do but wait. Personally I would at least do the things I can do to make sure it will reset as soon as possible.
#21 Sep 04 2013 at 7:43 AM Rating: Default
Scholar
*
78 posts
They really have to fix these server issues. Its going to turn a lot of people away from the game. Im being patient with the game just because i really love it, still the thought of quitting because of not being actually play the game have crossed my mind quite a few times.
#22 Sep 04 2013 at 7:51 AM Rating: Good
***
3,349 posts
...having the same issues, but it's still a kinda' new re-release new release so I expect snafus. Reset modem/router and PC, didn't help, but I got a couple toons finally on an NA server (Siren) so just hoping they will address this issue next. Takes a bit of time to work out all the bugs... even after beta, online gaming is always a work in progress, i.e., why they blergh up our game time with maintenance so often... I can live with it. Still really loving "the new FFXI". Smiley: grin
____________________________
Sub

...my kids call me Mary Poppins.

Cry me a river, build a bridge over it... jump in and drown. Smiley: grin

http://i64.photobucket.com/albums/h175/SupremeTrollKing/subarcana.jpg
#23 Sep 04 2013 at 9:14 AM Rating: Good
***
1,136 posts
Just got hit with 90k and now for the first time ever, 3102. Fantastic.
#24 Sep 04 2013 at 9:21 AM Rating: Decent
I too am getting Error 3102. I think I preferred its previous incarnation more. At least then I had a chance of logging in at some point. Now I'm just screwed.
#25 Sep 04 2013 at 9:22 AM Rating: Good
Scholar
Avatar
38 posts
Maybe the issue is a fix for ppl smashing the zero button i know im guilty of it lol
#26 Sep 04 2013 at 9:24 AM Rating: Good
Needs More Smut
******
21,262 posts
Emergency maintenance forthcoming in all likelihood.

Once again, the Duty Finder servers aren't telling the World Servers that people are no longer actually logged in to the instance.
____________________________
FFXI: Catwho on Bismarck: Retired December 2014
Thayos wrote:
I can't understand anyone who skips the cutscenes of a Final Fantasy game. That's like going to Texas and not getting barbecue.

FFXIV: Katarh Mest and Taprara Rara on Lamia Server - Member of The Swarm
Curator of the XIV Wallpapers Tumblr and the XIV Fashion Tumblr
#27 Sep 04 2013 at 9:25 AM Rating: Decent
11 posts
And I'm back in 3102 ****, this time it's gone on longer than an hour. Yikes what a mess.
#28 Sep 04 2013 at 9:27 AM Rating: Good
***
1,136 posts
Catwho wrote:
Emergency maintenance forthcoming in all likelihood.

Once again, the Duty Finder servers aren't telling the World Servers that people are no longer actually logged in to the instance.


More maintenance? I don't think we want that. What will they break next time?
#29 Sep 04 2013 at 9:29 AM Rating: Decent
An update for me. Just tried again, twice, and I got Errors 2002 and then 5006. What a disaster...

Edit: I was just able to log in a few moments ago.

Edited, Sep 4th 2013 11:33am by dragonwraith606
#30 Sep 04 2013 at 9:37 AM Rating: Decent
Scholar
Avatar
*
95 posts
Restarting your client/hardware is basic troubleshooting people. It's not apologizing for square enix placing the blame on the user, it's legit troubleshooting that can help you get back in the game. The maturity level on these forums is pathetic.
#31 Sep 04 2013 at 9:41 AM Rating: Excellent
Anterograde Amnesia
Avatar
*****
12,363 posts
moonfroh wrote:
Restarting your client/hardware is basic troubleshooting people. It's not apologizing for square enix placing the blame on the user, it's legit troubleshooting that can help you get back in the game. The maturity level on these forums is pathetic.


Unless there is a legitimate issue here. LS mates logged out using the proper logout link in the game and they're getting 3102 errors, myself included. Seems they broke something. I've restarted the client, my computer, my modem, and my router, all with no change.
____________________________
"Choosy MMO's choose Wint." - Louiscool
The greatest trick the devil ever pulled was to convince the world he didn't exist.
Keyser Soze - Ultros
Guide to Setting Up Mumble on a Raspberry Pi
#32 Sep 04 2013 at 9:45 AM Rating: Good
Wint wrote:
moonfroh wrote:
Restarting your client/hardware is basic troubleshooting people. It's not apologizing for square enix placing the blame on the user, it's legit troubleshooting that can help you get back in the game. The maturity level on these forums is pathetic.


Unless there is a legitimate issue here. LS mates logged out using the proper logout link in the game and they're getting 3102 errors, myself included. Seems they broke something. I've restarted the client, my computer, my modem, and my router, all with no change.


If it's anything like beta p4, there's absolutely nothing you can do until SE fixes it.
____________________________

#33 Sep 04 2013 at 9:54 AM Rating: Good
Scholar
Avatar
*
95 posts
Wint wrote:
moonfroh wrote:
Restarting your client/hardware is basic troubleshooting people. It's not apologizing for square enix placing the blame on the user, it's legit troubleshooting that can help you get back in the game. The maturity level on these forums is pathetic.


Unless there is a legitimate issue here. LS mates logged out using the proper logout link in the game and they're getting 3102 errors, myself included. Seems they broke something. I've restarted the client, my computer, my modem, and my router, all with no change.

That's fine. I didn't say it WILL fix the issue just that it could. Jumping down someone's throat because they are checking to see if you performed basic troubleshooting is just really sad to me.
#34 Sep 04 2013 at 9:54 AM Rating: Good
Needs More Smut
******
21,262 posts
That said, Moonfroh is absolutely correct that the first thing you should do, should you ever run in to any problem with any program whatsoever, be it a video game or a desktop application, is try restarting the app in question, and then rebooting your computer. I'd leave power cycling the modem until the last because unless you outright have no Internet connection that probably will not help.

Around 50% of program woes are solved by a reboot, my old office determined.

Chaos reigns within
Reflect, repent, and reboot
Order shall return.
____________________________
FFXI: Catwho on Bismarck: Retired December 2014
Thayos wrote:
I can't understand anyone who skips the cutscenes of a Final Fantasy game. That's like going to Texas and not getting barbecue.

FFXIV: Katarh Mest and Taprara Rara on Lamia Server - Member of The Swarm
Curator of the XIV Wallpapers Tumblr and the XIV Fashion Tumblr
#35 Sep 04 2013 at 9:58 AM Rating: Good
Avatar
*
150 posts
go to your command prompt (search for it on your start bar)

type in "ipconfig /flushdns"

hit enter.

sometimes I restart my computer after this, not sure theres a point to.

this does help me get in.
#36 Sep 04 2013 at 9:58 AM Rating: Excellent
Anterograde Amnesia
Avatar
*****
12,363 posts
moonfroh wrote:
Wint wrote:
moonfroh wrote:
Restarting your client/hardware is basic troubleshooting people. It's not apologizing for square enix placing the blame on the user, it's legit troubleshooting that can help you get back in the game. The maturity level on these forums is pathetic.


Unless there is a legitimate issue here. LS mates logged out using the proper logout link in the game and they're getting 3102 errors, myself included. Seems they broke something. I've restarted the client, my computer, my modem, and my router, all with no change.

That's fine. I didn't say it WILL fix the issue just that it could. Jumping down someone's throat because they are checking to see if you performed basic troubleshooting is just really sad to me.


Calling the maturity level of the entire forum pathetic based upon one post is a little extreme wouldn't you agree? I've heard plenty of times our forums are better than most.
____________________________
"Choosy MMO's choose Wint." - Louiscool
The greatest trick the devil ever pulled was to convince the world he didn't exist.
Keyser Soze - Ultros
Guide to Setting Up Mumble on a Raspberry Pi
#37 Sep 04 2013 at 9:59 AM Rating: Excellent
Avatar
***
2,550 posts
Catwho wrote:
That said, Moonfroh is absolutely correct that the first thing you should do, should you ever run in to any problem with any program whatsoever, be it a video game or a desktop application, is try restarting the app in question, and then rebooting your computer. I'd leave power cycling the modem until the last because unless you outright have no Internet connection that probably will not help.

Around 50% of program woes are solved by a reboot, my old office determined.

Chaos reigns within
Reflect, repent, and reboot
Order shall return.


I used to work IT for a university, and used to get the class to laugh when I would walk in and fix the problem in one minute that the professor was trying to work on for the last 30 minutes. I did it most of the time by walking in, unplugging the device, and plugging it back in.
____________________________
Character Name: Valk Ayree
Server: Lamia; Free Company Leader - The Swarm (Swarm)
http://na.finalfantasyxiv.com/lodestone/character/1746889/
- Blue Mage? FTW? -
#38 Sep 04 2013 at 9:59 AM Rating: Excellent
Avatar
***
2,550 posts
Wint wrote:
moonfroh wrote:
Wint wrote:
moonfroh wrote:
Restarting your client/hardware is basic troubleshooting people. It's not apologizing for square enix placing the blame on the user, it's legit troubleshooting that can help you get back in the game. The maturity level on these forums is pathetic.


Unless there is a legitimate issue here. LS mates logged out using the proper logout link in the game and they're getting 3102 errors, myself included. Seems they broke something. I've restarted the client, my computer, my modem, and my router, all with no change.

That's fine. I didn't say it WILL fix the issue just that it could. Jumping down someone's throat because they are checking to see if you performed basic troubleshooting is just really sad to me.


Calling the maturity level of the entire forum pathetic based upon one post is a little extreme wouldn't you agree? I've heard plenty of times our forums are better than most.


I agree. You have to distinguish between the light blue names and the rest of the regulars.
____________________________
Character Name: Valk Ayree
Server: Lamia; Free Company Leader - The Swarm (Swarm)
http://na.finalfantasyxiv.com/lodestone/character/1746889/
- Blue Mage? FTW? -
#39 Sep 04 2013 at 10:00 AM Rating: Excellent
Anterograde Amnesia
Avatar
*****
12,363 posts
By the way, I'm not saying you shouldn't try restarting things, but when you hit a certain number of people all having the same issue there comes a point where you have to admit something is going on.

I went ahead and emailed support, I'd suggest others do the same if so inclined.
____________________________
"Choosy MMO's choose Wint." - Louiscool
The greatest trick the devil ever pulled was to convince the world he didn't exist.
Keyser Soze - Ultros
Guide to Setting Up Mumble on a Raspberry Pi
#40 Sep 04 2013 at 10:03 AM Rating: Good
Scholar
*
65 posts
Never had a problem with 3102... Now, well.. its Limbo time. Mehh
____________________________


#41 Sep 04 2013 at 10:04 AM Rating: Good
I'm gonna go ahead and stick with the theme of the week, AFK and not log out!
____________________________

#42 Sep 04 2013 at 10:06 AM Rating: Excellent
Anterograde Amnesia
Avatar
*****
12,363 posts
I was AFK this morning while at work and I came home to the 90000 error, which I have never gotten before. I'm curious to hear if other AFK'ers are getting kicked today where they hadn't before.
____________________________
"Choosy MMO's choose Wint." - Louiscool
The greatest trick the devil ever pulled was to convince the world he didn't exist.
Keyser Soze - Ultros
Guide to Setting Up Mumble on a Raspberry Pi
#43 Sep 04 2013 at 10:06 AM Rating: Decent
Scholar
****
4,503 posts
Yerp, getting it now too. Never saw it before either... I did have a sort of improper logout, but that was only due to whatever SE changed during this update caused some minor artifacting in background textures for me, and eventually crashed me out of the game :/ Still... Gonna take a while i asume?
____________________________
[XI] Surivere of Valefor
[XIV] Sir Surian Bedivere of Behemoth
http://na.finalfantasyxiv.com/lodestone/character/2401553/
#44 Sep 04 2013 at 10:07 AM Rating: Good
***
1,136 posts
Wint wrote:
I was AFK this morning while at work and I came home to the 90000 error, which I have never gotten before. I'm curious to hear if other AFK'ers are getting kicked today where they hadn't before.


Before today, I only ever got 90000 when I was afk. Today I got it while running from one mining point to another.
#45 Sep 04 2013 at 10:07 AM Rating: Excellent
Anterograde Amnesia
Avatar
*****
12,363 posts
Just got in, it's been an hour since I got home and found I was booted. I emailed support about 15 minutes ago, not sure if either of those things matter.
____________________________
"Choosy MMO's choose Wint." - Louiscool
The greatest trick the devil ever pulled was to convince the world he didn't exist.
Keyser Soze - Ultros
Guide to Setting Up Mumble on a Raspberry Pi
#46 Sep 04 2013 at 10:14 AM Rating: Excellent
Scholar
Avatar
*
95 posts
I guess having done IT its irritating when you suggest basic steps and people get all uppity. Suggesting a reboot/power cycle is not a personal insult, it's not a denial that the problem isn't on the user end, it's just standard procedure. I watched my roommate lie to an IT person over the phone once. She refused to power cycle as reboot because she was so fixated on it not being 'her problem'. Whenever she walked away I powercycled and it was fixed.

Also, even if the issue isn't on 'your end' sometimes these steps will help the IT fix the problem on their end. Just saying 'its not my fault' demonstrates a lack of understanding of how these things can work. A little civility can go a long way.
#47 Sep 04 2013 at 10:17 AM Rating: Good
Avatar
***
2,550 posts
Wint wrote:
I was AFK this morning while at work and I came home to the 90000 error, which I have never gotten before. I'm curious to hear if other AFK'ers are getting kicked today where they hadn't before.


I'm AFK in my inn room, I'll see if that helps to keep me online. I logged on at 6:30am, it is now 10:20am for me and Lodestone says I am still logged on (but Lodestone may have a delay for log in/out times)

Edited, Sep 4th 2013 11:21am by Valkayree
____________________________
Character Name: Valk Ayree
Server: Lamia; Free Company Leader - The Swarm (Swarm)
http://na.finalfantasyxiv.com/lodestone/character/1746889/
- Blue Mage? FTW? -
#48 Sep 04 2013 at 10:21 AM Rating: Good
Avatar
***
2,550 posts
moonfroh wrote:
I watched my roommate lie to an IT person over the phone once. She refused to power cycle as reboot because she was so fixated on it not being 'her problem'. Whenever she walked away I powercycled and it was fixed.


That's how I fix 98% of the problems on my internet connection without calling IT. The other 2% is on their end and I can't do jack squat about it. I wish there was a button to punch the network supervisor when they cycle my ISP servers at 3pm every other day for 3 minutes for no apparant reason, and waste me literally hours trying to get back into FFXIV in the afternoon when I get home.

____________________________
Character Name: Valk Ayree
Server: Lamia; Free Company Leader - The Swarm (Swarm)
http://na.finalfantasyxiv.com/lodestone/character/1746889/
- Blue Mage? FTW? -
#49 Sep 04 2013 at 10:25 AM Rating: Good
Scholar
Avatar
*
95 posts
Yup I would tear out my hair if my ISP did that.
#50 Sep 04 2013 at 10:25 AM Rating: Excellent
Anterograde Amnesia
Avatar
*****
12,363 posts
http://na.finalfantasyxiv.com/lodestone/news/detail/3f72a573448d16ee2177e125c7212a51e4eadca3

Quote:
We are currently experiencing technical difficulties wherein players receive a 3102 error upon logging into FINAL FANTASY XIV: A Realm Reborn.

The issue is being addressed, and new updates will follow as additional information becomes available.

We apologize for any inconvenience this may cause for our customers.

[Date & Time]
From Sep. 4, 2013 2:10 a.m. (PDT)

[Details]
3102 error upon login

[Affected Service]
- FINAL FANTASY XIV: A Realm Reborn


Edited, Sep 4th 2013 11:26am by Wint
____________________________
"Choosy MMO's choose Wint." - Louiscool
The greatest trick the devil ever pulled was to convince the world he didn't exist.
Keyser Soze - Ultros
Guide to Setting Up Mumble on a Raspberry Pi
#51 Sep 04 2013 at 10:28 AM Rating: Good
***
1,622 posts
In many cases asking the customer to reboot everything when you know full well the issue is server-side and will resolve itself shortly, is just to give the customer something to do instead of just waiting it out, and make them feel like they're in control of the situation Smiley: lol
____________________________

Nuit Midril - White Mage/Scholar on Ultros
Nuit the Insane! - Retired Druid on Sentinels.
Ombre - Retired Dragoon/bard on Phoenix.
« Previous 1 2
Reply To Thread

Colors Smileys Quote OriginalQuote Checked Help

 

Recent Visitors: 60 All times are in CDT
Anonymous Guests (60)