Forum Settings
       
1 2 Next »
Reply To Thread

Error 3102?Follow

#52 Sep 04 2013 at 10:33 AM Rating: Good
PhoenixOmbre wrote:
In many cases asking the customer to reboot everything when you know full well the issue is server-side and will resolve itself shortly, is just to give the customer something to do instead of just waiting it out, and make them feel like they're in control of the situation Smiley: lol

However, we should make a 100 step process for everyone that has the 3102 issue that takes an hour to complete. Add some flowchart processes that they have to come back and repeat in the case of a null fix. Hahaha. I'm ok with this issue, just a little sad that it's been a struggle on such a great game.
____________________________
FFXIV Character, Trixi Athensa
[ffxisig]199948[/ffxisig]
#53 Sep 04 2013 at 10:33 AM Rating: Decent
Scholar
****
4,503 posts
I send them a mail in the support form, it's pretty much all you can do really. Guess i should start dinner then.

Hilariously, in the lower square it told me to copy and paste my settings from the FFXIV System Information so they could see my settings. Following that it tells me the amount of text i entered was too much in an error message. I cut off everything but the bare essentials, and it gives me the same error again. So i kinda just had to tell them to guess my settings since i wasnt allowed to copy and paste more than a few lines in there.
____________________________
[XI] Surivere of Valefor
[XIV] Sir Surian Bedivere of Behemoth
http://na.finalfantasyxiv.com/lodestone/character/2401553/
#54 Sep 04 2013 at 10:37 AM Rating: Decent
KojiroSoma wrote:
I send them a mail in the support form, it's pretty much all you can do really. Guess i should start dinner then.

Hilariously, in the lower square it told me to copy and paste my settings from the FFXIV System Information so they could see my settings. Following that it tells me the amount of text i entered was too much in an error message. I cut off everything but the bare essentials, and it gives me the same error again. So i kinda just had to tell them to guess my settings since i wasnt allowed to copy and paste more than a few lines in there.

I was going to post a screenshot of the form showing the error, however, given the maturity and negativity of some people here, I didnt think it would have received the humor I was intending
____________________________
FFXIV Character, Trixi Athensa
[ffxisig]199948[/ffxisig]
#55 Sep 04 2013 at 10:42 AM Rating: Excellent
***
3,178 posts
PhoenixOmbre wrote:
In many cases asking the customer to reboot everything when you know full well the issue is server-side and will resolve itself shortly, is just to give the customer something to do instead of just waiting it out, and make them feel like they're in control of the situation Smiley: lol


OR ~ the server side fix doesn't actually solve every possible contingency, and rebooting is a standard part of the process of elimination.

It would be even more frustrating if they fix 3012 server side, but some players still can't get in because they didn't reboot to fix a secondary issue.

This thread has turned into a fairly useful collection of troubleshooting trial and errors, including official responses to the situation. Kudos to those who can contribute thoughtful information even when they are frustrated.
#56 Sep 04 2013 at 10:50 AM Rating: Excellent
***
1,622 posts
Gnu wrote:
PhoenixOmbre wrote:
In many cases asking the customer to reboot everything when you know full well the issue is server-side and will resolve itself shortly, is just to give the customer something to do instead of just waiting it out, and make them feel like they're in control of the situation Smiley: lol


OR ~ the server side fix doesn't actually solve every possible contingency, and rebooting is a standard part of the process of elimination.

It would be even more frustrating if they fix 3012 server side, but some players still can't get in because they didn't reboot to fix a secondary issue.

This thread has turned into a fairly useful collection of troubleshooting trial and errors, including official responses to the situation. Kudos to those who can contribute thoughtful information even when they are frustrated.


Oh of course it could very well be part of the solution in this case, I was just joking. I like what jameskilton said earlier that some process might still keep the connection "alive". It's entirely possible that whatever measure they implemented after phase 4 to automatically log out stuck characters after a short while cannot happen as long as that connection hasn't been severed. A reboot of the computer and/or router and/or modem would certainly do that.

Edited, Sep 4th 2013 12:50pm by PhoenixOmbre
____________________________

Nuit Midril - White Mage/Scholar on Ultros
Nuit the Insane! - Retired Druid on Sentinels.
Ombre - Retired Dragoon/bard on Phoenix.
#57 Sep 04 2013 at 11:50 AM Rating: Excellent
***
1,422 posts
Well, I've got bad news and good news on my end.
Bad news is, getting disconnected isn't necessary to run into 3102 errors next time you log in, as I had "properly" logged out and hit the error wall.
Good news is, turning my router off and then back on fixed the problem for me.

(still kind of annoying to have to do that every single time I log in, so I hope SE fixes this sooner rather than later)

Edited, Sep 4th 2013 1:50pm by RajiFarlander
____________________________
FFXIV: Raji Skybrand (Leviathan)
Give a man a fish, he'll be fed for a day. Teach a man to fish, and he'll scream "F*** off noob, I know what I'm doing!" and continue to do it wrong.
#58 Sep 04 2013 at 12:15 PM Rating: Good
Did this happen immediately after a maintenance last time too? Were some of you still logged on prior to maintenance booting you?
____________________________

#59 Sep 04 2013 at 12:20 PM Rating: Excellent
Needs More Smut
******
21,262 posts
This makes me suspect SE is detecting your connection via raw IP address instead of something more.... sophisticated.

Since 3102 affects all characters on an SE account, not just the character that was logged out/crashed, it seems as though the script to release IP addresses, after no "keep alive" or "heart beat" is received, is not functioning. This function is usually set to 5-10 minutes in most networks, but can be dialed down lower (it's a single minute in FFXI.)

This is different from the auto-disconnect function, because the client will send and receive data ("heartbeats") even when no user input occurs. The non-existent auto-disconnect would ignore the heartbeats after a given length of time and kick you off anyway due to no user input, because even though your client is running you're obviously afk.

Edited, Sep 4th 2013 2:21pm by Catwho
____________________________
FFXI: Catwho on Bismarck: Retired December 2014
Thayos wrote:
I can't understand anyone who skips the cutscenes of a Final Fantasy game. That's like going to Texas and not getting barbecue.

FFXIV: Katarh Mest and Taprara Rara on Lamia Server - Member of The Swarm
Curator of the XIV Wallpapers Tumblr and the XIV Fashion Tumblr
#60 Sep 04 2013 at 12:25 PM Rating: Good
Avatar
*
62 posts
Catwho wrote:
This makes me suspect SE is detecting your connection via raw IP address instead of something more.... sophisticated.

Since 3102 affects all characters on an SE account, not just the character that was logged out/crashed, it seems as though the script to release IP addresses, after no "keep alive" or "heart beat" is received, is not functioning. This function is usually set to 5-10 minutes in most networks, but can be dialed down lower (it's a single minute in FFXI.)

This is different from the auto-disconnect function, because the client will send and receive data ("heartbeats") even when no user input occurs. The non-existent auto-disconnect would ignore the heartbeats after a given length of time and kick you off anyway due to no user input, because even though your client is running you're obviously afk.

Edited, Sep 4th 2013 2:21pm by Catwho


Quoting catwho because it was Catwho who jogged my memory. in FFXI because of odd reasons i won't go into detail about. lots of people, including myself, had to setup ports and dmz in their routers to keep a constant connection going. fixed the problem immediately. this error 3102 sounds a lot like the same one in ffxi i had experienced.
____________________________
-there is your way, and the right way. my way is the right way. get used to it.-

~-~YggdrasilSlepnir/Odins Horse Slepnir~-~
(yes i realize after the fact, that Yggdrasil should have a second L at the end, and Slepnir should have an i after the e......) -.-
#61 Sep 04 2013 at 12:25 PM Rating: Good
****
5,745 posts
http://na.finalfantasyxiv.com/lodestone/news/detail/9770d30654bf6f34529900ef073ac88ce3434533
Quote:
During the following time period, players received a 3102 error upon logging into FINAL FANTASY XIV: A Realm Reborn.

We are pleased to announce that the issue has been addressed. We apologize for any inconvenience this may have caused for our customers.

[Date & Time]
Sep. 4, 2013 from 2:10 a.m. to 11:05 a.m. (PDT)

[Details]
3102 error upon login

[Cause]
Server program error

[Affected Service]
- FINAL FANTASY XIV: A Realm Reborn


Lets see if this fix sticks.
____________________________
Lyonheart, like Eorzia, will be reborn in FFXIV!

FFXI veteran (Lyonheart and Lakiskline of Lakshmi)
1/467 on signed HQ Weskit!!!
#62 Sep 04 2013 at 12:25 PM Rating: Excellent
Scholar
Avatar
****
6,260 posts
Yeah, I think trying to log back in immediately resets the keepalive. Not trying to log back in for a minute or two was enough to get me past 3102, and it stands to follow that people resetting routers or other silly business are just managing to kill their connection long enough for it to finally time out.
____________________________
I've seen things you people wouldn't believe. Airships on fire off the shoulder of Bahamut. I watched Scapula Beams glitter in the dark near the Three Mage Gate...

Nilatai wrote:
Vlorsutes wrote:
There's always...not trolling him?

You're new here, aren't you?
#63 Sep 04 2013 at 1:09 PM Rating: Default
Scholar
***
1,652 posts
SE really should have delayed this after p4 went south to address these issues under beta instead..
____________________________
FFXI: Nashred
Server: Phoenix

FFXIV : Sir Nashred
server: Ultros
#64 Sep 04 2013 at 1:21 PM Rating: Good
***
1,422 posts
Raelix wrote:
Yeah, I think trying to log back in immediately resets the keepalive. Not trying to log back in for a minute or two was enough to get me past 3102, and it stands to follow that people resetting routers or other silly business are just managing to kill their connection long enough for it to finally time out.


Well, not speaking for everyone else, but I had been logged out for a good 2.5 hours when I had my first experience with Error 3102 mentioned above. That's one **** of a long timeout.
And, what svylons said :p

Edited, Sep 4th 2013 3:22pm by RajiFarlander
____________________________
FFXIV: Raji Skybrand (Leviathan)
Give a man a fish, he'll be fed for a day. Teach a man to fish, and he'll scream "F*** off noob, I know what I'm doing!" and continue to do it wrong.
#65 Sep 04 2013 at 1:41 PM Rating: Decent
Scholar
Avatar
**
320 posts
Wow if that's true, that's crazy. And for players who have dynamic IP addresses (e.g. most), rebooting the modem could lead to assigning a new IP, and fix the 3102 for that player.

/boggle
____________________________
FFXIV ARR: Ultros - James Kilton
#66 Sep 04 2013 at 1:54 PM Rating: Good
Avatar
***
2,550 posts
moonfroh wrote:
Yup I would tear out my hair if my ISP did that.


I am nearly bald. Smiley: tongue

Edited, Sep 4th 2013 2:54pm by Valkayree
____________________________
Character Name: Valk Ayree
Server: Lamia; Free Company Leader - The Swarm (Swarm)
http://na.finalfantasyxiv.com/lodestone/character/1746889/
- Blue Mage? FTW? -
#67 Sep 04 2013 at 2:07 PM Rating: Decent
****
4,134 posts
Taratru wrote:
Wow if that's true, that's crazy. And for players who have dynamic IP addresses (e.g. most), rebooting the modem could lead to assigning a new IP, and fix the 3102 for that player.

/boggle


It also leads to SE shutting down your account temporarily.
____________________________
Rinsui wrote:
Only hips + boobs all day and hips + boobs all over my icecream

HaibaneRenmei wrote:
30 bucks is almost free

cocodojo wrote:
Its personal preference and all, but yes we need to educate WoW players that this is OUR game, these are Characters and not Toons. Time to beat that into them one at a time.
#68 Sep 04 2013 at 2:13 PM Rating: Good
****
5,745 posts
FilthMcNasty wrote:
Taratru wrote:
Wow if that's true, that's crazy. And for players who have dynamic IP addresses (e.g. most), rebooting the modem could lead to assigning a new IP, and fix the 3102 for that player.

/boggle

It also leads to SE shutting down your account temporarily.

I would venture to guess that most people don't have a static IP address for their home Internet service, so this must happen often enough for SE to have accounted for it in some way. Perhaps the game client is also sending your MAC address when you attempt to login? If they saw a different IP but the same MAC address, they could probably safely conclude that you simply got a new IP address from your ISP. But if they saw a totally different MAC address along with a different IP address, that would likely be enough cause for concern to lock down the account.
____________________________
Lyonheart, like Eorzia, will be reborn in FFXIV!

FFXI veteran (Lyonheart and Lakiskline of Lakshmi)
1/467 on signed HQ Weskit!!!
#69 Sep 04 2013 at 2:35 PM Rating: Default
*
83 posts
Catwho wrote:
This makes me suspect SE is detecting your connection via raw IP address instead of something more.... sophisticated.

Since 3102 affects all characters on an SE account, not just the character that was logged out/crashed, it seems as though the script to release IP addresses, after no "keep alive" or "heart beat" is received, is not functioning. This function is usually set to 5-10 minutes in most networks, but can be dialed down lower (it's a single minute in FFXI.)

This is different from the auto-disconnect function, because the client will send and receive data ("heartbeats") even when no user input occurs. The non-existent auto-disconnect would ignore the heartbeats after a given length of time and kick you off anyway due to no user input, because even though your client is running you're obviously afk.

Edited, Sep 4th 2013 2:21pm by Catwho


You're right -- This is what they are doing. They arn't actually checking to see if the TCP/IP connection is valid. They are letting TCP/IP timeout on its own. Very amateurish from a programming point of view. I don't get how they overlook such fundamental stuff. Maybe they aren't as good as we thought they are.

Edit: TCP/IP timeouts on their own can take FOREVER.


Edited, Sep 4th 2013 4:36pm by ninechars
#70 Sep 04 2013 at 2:51 PM Rating: Excellent
*
70 posts
I got it just a short while ago. I was playing normally when I heard the first alarm go off in my house so I went to check on that. Turned out to be a false alarm but when I got back less than 2 minutes later I was kicked off with a 90000 error. Then I couldn't get back on because of 3102 but that managed to clear itself up after 5 minutes. I'm back in but I'm hoping this won't become a recurring problem.
#71 Sep 04 2013 at 2:58 PM Rating: Good
**
660 posts
svlyons wrote:
FilthMcNasty wrote:
Taratru wrote:
Wow if that's true, that's crazy. And for players who have dynamic IP addresses (e.g. most), rebooting the modem could lead to assigning a new IP, and fix the 3102 for that player.

/boggle

It also leads to SE shutting down your account temporarily.

I would venture to guess that most people don't have a static IP address for their home Internet service, so this must happen often enough for SE to have accounted for it in some way. Perhaps the game client is also sending your MAC address when you attempt to login? If they saw a different IP but the same MAC address, they could probably safely conclude that you simply got a new IP address from your ISP. But if they saw a totally different MAC address along with a different IP address, that would likely be enough cause for concern to lock down the account.


They don't lock you out if you have a security token associated with your SquareEnix ID. I can take my laptop from my home to my friend's and log in from his wifi with no problem. Before I got the token it actually would lock me out.
____________________________


#72 Sep 04 2013 at 3:05 PM Rating: Good
Scholar
**
530 posts
Look on the bright side, at least we don't have dozens upon dozens of threads related to this topic, or error code.
____________________________
i'm not saying, i'm just saying
_________________________
Babu Voyvoda - Hyur Midlander
White Mage
1 2 Next »
Reply To Thread

Colors Smileys Quote OriginalQuote Checked Help

 

Recent Visitors: 59 All times are in CDT
Anonymous Guests (59)