Forum Settings
       
This thread is locked

Read the this before complaining:Follow

#1 Sep 04 2013 at 8:07 AM Rating: Excellent
Avatar
*
150 posts
http://na.finalfantasyxiv.com/lodestone/news/detail/4198c8c4e8b4b749e6881aa564b9b8b5c44d4061

"In the time period just after maintenance has completed, we predict a rush of characters logging in simultaneously. In order to prevent any technical difficulties due to this login rush, we will be temporarily placing severe login restrictions. These login restrictions may occur frequently, lasting from a few minutes to ten minutes; however, restrictions will be lifted in a gradual manner as login status is carefully monitored. We ask for your patience and understanding in this matter.

Furthermore, as a result of the countermeasures taken to alleviate stress on the Duty Finder servers, we expect to be able to increase the number of players able to login simultaneously; however, if those login numbers still surpass the maximum number of possible logins in the various Worlds, please be aware that we will continue to implement login restrictions."


So apparently they don't want the rush of people trying to log in to blow up a server.

Edited, Sep 4th 2013 10:07am by Strangerous

Edited, Sep 4th 2013 10:08am by Strangerous

Edited, Sep 4th 2013 10:43am by Wint Lock Thread: Not going anywhere.
#2 Sep 04 2013 at 8:12 AM Rating: Decent
Avatar
*
62 posts
sounds reasonable....
except SE forgets that many of their users are users for life.... 24/7/365(6) life
____________________________
-there is your way, and the right way. my way is the right way. get used to it.-

~-~YggdrasilSlepnir/Odins Horse Slepnir~-~
(yes i realize after the fact, that Yggdrasil should have a second L at the end, and Slepnir should have an i after the e......) -.-
#3 Sep 04 2013 at 8:17 AM Rating: Default
Avatar
7 posts
SE can't afford to do this right now. If they're stopping people from logging in, yeah that's neat but people are just going to give the complaint. "I'm paying for this. I should be able to login!" I can't even get in right now, so I'm kinda ******* but after reading that I understand. I don't see why they increased the data centers or even added more servers. It's just going to make the game worse in the long run in terms of login errors, since now they have to queue people longer to prevent people from getting in. So either way they're *******

A glass is a glass no matter how you look at it, it will eventually fill and spill over and the spill over part will be the people not being able to get into the game. It does not matter how many glasses (servers) they add. They will eventually fill and spill over as well until they reach a peak number
____________________________
"A flowers purpose is simple and immutable. Human purpose is fickle because it is a slave to memory. Memories must be strictly managed, unproductive ones must be eliminated."
#4 Sep 04 2013 at 8:19 AM Rating: Default
Avatar
*
123 posts
LadyNakami wrote:
SE can't afford to do this right now. If they're stopping people from logging in, yeah that's neat but people are just going to give the complaint. "I'm paying for this. I should be able to login!" I can't even get in right now, so I'm kinda ******* but after reading that I understand. I don't see why they increased the data centers or even added more servers. It's just going to make the game worse in the long run in terms of login errors, since now they have to queue people longer to prevent people from getting in. So either way they're @#%^ed.

A glass is a glass no matter how you look at it, it will eventually fill and spill over and the spill over part will be the people not being able to get into the game. It does not matter how many glasses (servers) they add. They will eventually fill and spill over as well until they reach a peak number
this this this...can't even create a new character without getting 3102 or play my Ultros character without 3102 or 1017 error
____________________________
Final Fantasy Radio
http://finalfantasyradio.co/
Amestra Blackoak Ultros Server
The Kraken Club

#5 Sep 04 2013 at 8:20 AM Rating: Good
Avatar
*
150 posts
There is bound to be a lot of "wtf it didn't work this is BS I want my money back, im taking SE to court!" threads.

Just wanted to make sure people knew that they were planning to restrict logins while they monitor their fix.

Yes I was very disappointed to see only one new server per region...I really hope they have more ready to go, and really did significantly increased old servers capacity.

I find it hard to believe that they think only one server will do, so im assuming they have a couple more per region they'll bring online as they need.

At least I hope...

I suspect for the time being that nothing has really changed....unfortunately.
#6 Sep 04 2013 at 8:20 AM Rating: Decent
Needs More Smut
******
21,262 posts
Logically, if I was SE, I would have set an initial cap of 2500 upon world reboot. Then every hour or so, kick that number up by 100. That way it takes a full 24-25 hours before the maximum of 5000 is reached per world.
____________________________
FFXI: Catwho on Bismarck: Retired December 2014
Thayos wrote:
I can't understand anyone who skips the cutscenes of a Final Fantasy game. That's like going to Texas and not getting barbecue.

FFXIV: Katarh Mest and Taprara Rara on Lamia Server - Member of The Swarm
Curator of the XIV Wallpapers Tumblr and the XIV Fashion Tumblr
#7 Sep 04 2013 at 8:20 AM Rating: Excellent
Avatar
***
1,330 posts
Given the timing, I suspect this is applying to the JP servers more than the NA/EU ones. I can get on to the NA/EU ones fine (at least, until I 90000'd and am now waiting for 3102), but every single JP server is full and you cannot create a character on any of them at this moment.
#8 Sep 04 2013 at 8:22 AM Rating: Good
Avatar
*
62 posts
LadyNakami wrote:
SE can't afford to do this right now. If they're stopping people from logging in, yeah that's neat but people are just going to give the complaint. "I'm paying for this. I should be able to login!" I can't even get in right now, so I'm kinda ******* but after reading that I understand. I don't see why they increased the data centers or even added more servers. It's just going to make the game worse in the long run in terms of login errors, since now they have to queue people longer to prevent people from getting in. So either way they're @#%^ed.

A glass is a glass no matter how you look at it, it will eventually fill and spill over and the spill over part will be the people not being able to get into the game. It does not matter how many glasses (servers) they add. They will eventually fill and spill over as well until they reach a peak number


i cannot remember who said it, but it was said on these forums that it wasn't that the servers don't have the capacity, but that it was just a programming error. that got out of hand badly. i would personally wait a few months before rendering judgment on whether or not more servers are truly needed.

-edit- after reading posts that were put up before i finished my own post, i am editing my post to reflect that i realize that what i said may not be the case afterall.


Edited, Sep 4th 2013 10:24am by YggdrasilSlepnir
____________________________
-there is your way, and the right way. my way is the right way. get used to it.-

~-~YggdrasilSlepnir/Odins Horse Slepnir~-~
(yes i realize after the fact, that Yggdrasil should have a second L at the end, and Slepnir should have an i after the e......) -.-
#9 Sep 04 2013 at 8:23 AM Rating: Good
Scholar
****
4,503 posts
More people inside, is more lag, is longer delays between abilities and actions. Not to mention movement starts to look rediculous after a while.

I never once experienced people bouncing around when running alongside me due to lag before today. Now i'm seeing a lot of people stutter in their movements. It really sucks and looks terrible... I'd rather have the 5k cap back in place...
____________________________
[XI] Surivere of Valefor
[XIV] Sir Surian Bedivere of Behemoth
http://na.finalfantasyxiv.com/lodestone/character/2401553/
#10 Sep 04 2013 at 8:23 AM Rating: Decent
Avatar
*
150 posts
LadyNakami wrote:
SE can't afford to do this right now. If they're stopping people from logging in, yeah that's neat but people are just going to give the complaint. "I'm paying for this. I should be able to login!" I can't even get in right now, so I'm kinda ******* but after reading that I understand. I don't see why they increased the data centers or even added more servers. It's just going to make the game worse in the long run in terms of login errors, since now they have to queue people longer to prevent people from getting in. So either way they're @#%^ed.

A glass is a glass no matter how you look at it, it will eventually fill and spill over and the spill over part will be the people not being able to get into the game. It does not matter how many glasses (servers) they add. They will eventually fill and spill over as well until they reach a peak number


I agree that this isn't good. I disagree that people are paying for this...since they are not paying right now.

I don't see the maintenance making the situation any worse, and for me it was no more than a mild annoyance to get on.

For others however...this really is an "end of the world" event that will scar them for life...im sure of it lol

I just wonder how this all would have went if they had double the EU/NA servers right at the start...wonder would they have all filled and would we be in the same boat as now?

It cant be good to halt sales of a new game right after launch for a week (did they halt sales even before the game launched?)
#11 Sep 04 2013 at 8:25 AM Rating: Good
Avatar
***
2,550 posts
Catwho wrote:
Logically, if I was SE, I would have set an initial cap of 2500 upon world reboot. Then every hour or so, kick that number up by 100. That way it takes a full 24-25 hours before the maximum of 5000 is reached per world.


From my understanding, the maximum on each world has now increased above 5000, but to what number I am not certain.
____________________________
Character Name: Valk Ayree
Server: Lamia; Free Company Leader - The Swarm (Swarm)
http://na.finalfantasyxiv.com/lodestone/character/1746889/
- Blue Mage? FTW? -
#12 Sep 04 2013 at 8:26 AM Rating: Excellent
******
48,476 posts
Five thousand and one.
____________________________
George Carlin wrote:
I think it’s the duty of the comedian to find out where the line is drawn and cross it deliberately.
#13 Sep 04 2013 at 8:29 AM Rating: Default
Avatar
*
123 posts
Waiting out my 30 free days, if it's still craptastic then I won't bother to play
____________________________
Final Fantasy Radio
http://finalfantasyradio.co/
Amestra Blackoak Ultros Server
The Kraken Club

#14 Sep 04 2013 at 8:30 AM Rating: Decent
*****
12,622 posts
lolgaxe wrote:
Five thousand and one.

Is that the Summoner baqst MP?
____________________________
Blah
#15 Sep 04 2013 at 8:32 AM Rating: Decent
*
115 posts
I can't even get to the lobby. I get 2002'd. That's some heavy restrictions. I can't even spam their front gate.
#16 Sep 04 2013 at 8:35 AM Rating: Good
Avatar
*
180 posts
The bad thing about living on the west coast is that even if I wake up at 7am PDT.....thats way too late for an international MMO that has login restrictions in place haha
____________________________
Final Fantasy XIV
Rhaya Mewrilah
Ultros
Karma Zameleons

#17 Sep 04 2013 at 8:37 AM Rating: Good
Scholar
*
130 posts
Are NA servers down or do I just need to keep restarting til they show?
#18 Sep 04 2013 at 8:46 AM Rating: Decent
Avatar
*
100 posts
Hello again (Nakami here, new account.) From what I've been seeing on my attempts is just SE barring me out completely. Lobby Error 2002 to Login Error 1017. Like I said before if SE is doing this, then they're going to bite the bullet hard later on down the line, if they can't get this fixed a month after re-launch. I know they worked hard to put this game back together but they really need to make an effort here. The game is spectacular, don't get me wrong. I've been an FF fan since the NES days, so I know my stuff. SE has had a long haul, but I think they should've done their homework a bit more upon the launch of their game. Looking back at titles like Diablo 3 which was down for a full 3 days for launch. I think SE should shut down XIV for maybe 3 days and take the time to fully analyze their systems, run heavy test on the server and such. Because the way its going right now, a lot of people will be unhappy customers if they can't get into a game they're paying for once the 30 (Now maybe 40) trial day sub is up.

____________________________
FF: XIV - Server: Brynhildr
Name: Deadly Waltz
FC: SWORN
My Brayflox's Longstep Final Boss Guide - http://ffxiv.zam.com/forum.html?forum=152&mid=13785160615194813
My Tanking Guide - http://ffxiv.zam.com/forum.html?forum=297&mid=1378648576133515117
-----------------
FF XI - Server: Phoenix
Name: Nakami
LS: VanadielReborn
#19 Sep 04 2013 at 8:52 AM Rating: Decent
*
115 posts
People keep talking about this being bad for business and what not and how people won't keep playing but... realistically, I'm not going to stop playing over this.

I really think the only significant damage to the bottom line is the stopping sales one. People who didn't purchase the game, those people wont. I don't think people are desubbing due to this issue. And everyone who bought the game, SE has their 30$.

If you aren't going to try the game again when it's stable... I don't know. I just don't run across people who hold grudges like that. People who cut their nose to spite their face.

Like if the game is good, and stable, and you have it. You're not going to play? Because at one point it was good but not stable? I don't think there are many people like that. Could be wrong.
#20 Sep 04 2013 at 8:52 AM Rating: Decent
Scholar
****
4,503 posts
So as i understand it's not only -still- impossible to join the servers, but it is now also a lot more anoying to do anything inside of them due to the increased lag. Lovely SE, good work!
____________________________
[XI] Surivere of Valefor
[XIV] Sir Surian Bedivere of Behemoth
http://na.finalfantasyxiv.com/lodestone/character/2401553/
#21 Sep 04 2013 at 8:58 AM Rating: Excellent
Quote:
So as i understand it's not only -still- impossible to join the servers, but it is now also a lot more anoying to do anything inside of them due to the increased lag. Lovely SE, good work!


The heart of the problem has always been the instanced server being overloaded... that's what caused SE to start restricting logins. Server capacity has little to do with it. The fact SE added just one new NA server shows how relatively little they're concerned with server capacity.

So, yeah, given that they just did a massive server update, there will be issues probably today and tomorrow while they get everything working properly.
____________________________
Thayos Redblade
Jormungandr
Hyperion
#22 Sep 04 2013 at 9:06 AM Rating: Decent
****
4,134 posts
Thayos wrote:
The fact SE added just one new NA server shows how relatively little they're concerned with server capacity.


It also shows why they will continue to have problems. They don't acknowledge the issues and they don't address them.
____________________________
Rinsui wrote:
Only hips + boobs all day and hips + boobs all over my icecream

HaibaneRenmei wrote:
30 bucks is almost free

cocodojo wrote:
Its personal preference and all, but yes we need to educate WoW players that this is OUR game, these are Characters and not Toons. Time to beat that into them one at a time.
#23 Sep 04 2013 at 9:07 AM Rating: Good
***
1,606 posts
What's with the 3102 saying I am still logged in. I was last in the game an hour ago and logged out properly. That's going to make it even worse if it isn't registering people who have logged out and preventing others from logging in because of it.
#24 Sep 04 2013 at 9:10 AM Rating: Default
*
249 posts
Looks like 3102 has reared its ugly head again, forums are full of 3102 threads
#25 Sep 04 2013 at 9:15 AM Rating: Decent
Avatar
*
62 posts
FilthMcNasty wrote:
Thayos wrote:
The fact SE added just one new NA server shows how relatively little they're concerned with server capacity.


It also shows why they will continue to have problems. They don't acknowledge the issues and they don't address them.


somehow, i believe that SE knows what's best for their game. If they need to add more servers, they will. If not. They wont. it is that simple. For you to say anything in regards to what they choose to do, is just showing everyone else how dumb you really are. SE has a record for, if anything, apologizing for problems, and rectifying them as well as possible, if possible.

for those who don't understand how things like this work. here it is in plain and simple explanation.
Their servers are not having a capacity problem, they are having a speed problem. quite simply, they are getting more incoming connections than what they can return on time. this is why there is lag. This is a problem that affects ALL MMO's, and not just SE made ones. The sad part is, that this WAS able to be prevented, but alas, they did not forsee the possibility of this many people trying to log in all at the same time. this is why they are restricting people's capability to log in, and it will continue to be like this until they can fix what ever soft/hardware needs to be fixed to allow for all connections to communicate properly. This was a problem in V1.0 and am not suprised to see it again in V2.0. Though to be honest, im not suprised to see it happen in any mmo for the first three months until all bugs are found and fixed.... which SE is known for doing well, if not always on time.
____________________________
-there is your way, and the right way. my way is the right way. get used to it.-

~-~YggdrasilSlepnir/Odins Horse Slepnir~-~
(yes i realize after the fact, that Yggdrasil should have a second L at the end, and Slepnir should have an i after the e......) -.-
#26 Sep 04 2013 at 9:16 AM Rating: Decent
*
249 posts
YggdrasilSlepnir wrote:
FilthMcNasty wrote:
Thayos wrote:
The fact SE added just one new NA server shows how relatively little they're concerned with server capacity.


It also shows why they will continue to have problems. They don't acknowledge the issues and they don't address them.


somehow, i believe that SE knows what's best for their game. If they need to add more servers, they will. If not. They wont. it is that simple. For you to say anything in regards to what they choose to do, is just showing everyone else how dumb you really are. SE has a record for, if anything, apologizing for problems, and rectifying them as well as possible, if possible.

for those who don't understand how things like this work. here it is in plain and simple explanation.
Their servers are not having a capacity problem, they are having a speed problem. quite simply, they are getting more incoming connections than what they can return on time. this is why there is lag. This is a problem that affects ALL MMO's, and not just SE made ones. The sad part is, that this WAS able to be prevented, but alas, they did not forsee the possibility of this many people trying to log in all at the same time. this is why they are restricting people's capability to log in, and it will continue to be like this until they can fix what ever soft/hardware needs to be fixed to allow for all connections to communicate properly. This was a problem in V1.0 and am not suprised to see it again in V2.0. Though to be honest, im not suprised to see it happen in any mmo for the first three months until all bugs are found and fixed.... which SE is known for doing well, if not always on time.


Well thus far it looks like SE has failed in the server upgrade department.
#27 Sep 04 2013 at 9:18 AM Rating: Good
ImmolatedHope wrote:
Hello again (Nakami here, new account.) From what I've been seeing on my attempts is just SE barring me out completely. Lobby Error 2002 to Login Error 1017. Like I said before if SE is doing this, then they're going to bite the bullet hard later on down the line, if they can't get this fixed a month after re-launch. I know they worked hard to put this game back together but they really need to make an effort here. The game is spectacular, don't get me wrong. I've been an FF fan since the NES days, so I know my stuff. SE has had a long haul, but I think they should've done their homework a bit more upon the launch of their game. Looking back at titles like Diablo 3 which was down for a full 3 days for launch. I think SE should shut down XIV for maybe 3 days and take the time to fully analyze their systems, run heavy test on the server and such. Because the way its going right now, a lot of people will be unhappy customers if they can't get into a game they're paying for once the 30 (Now maybe 40) trial day sub is up.



..Why are you posting on a separate account?
____________________________
Blog: http://robertcrist.me/

Current: FFXIV | EVE Online (again)
Former: FFXI | The Matrix Online (FOREVER!!!) | STO | SW:TOR | EQ2 | WoW | Florensia | RF Online

FFXI :: Valefor :: Dareknight, Darexius
FFXIV :: Valefor :: Dare Knight
EVE Online :: Dare Knight, Hazel Knight, Rex Knight
#28 Sep 04 2013 at 9:19 AM Rating: Default
Avatar
*
100 posts
KojiroSoma wrote:
So as i understand it's not only -still- impossible to join the servers, but it is now also a lot more anoying to do anything inside of them due to the increased lag. Lovely SE, good work!


Yes because being a baby and complaining about the servers is going to fix the issue. Let's see you run a multi-billion dollar business without a hitch. Let alone manage an MMO, or did you forget that you're playing a game that was originally dead and is now alive again thanks to Yoshi-P who put his blood sweat and tears into the game just to make US the SE fans (not sure about you) happy.

FilthMcNasty wrote:
Thayos wrote:
The fact SE added just one new NA server shows how relatively little they're concerned with server capacity.


It also shows why they will continue to have problems. They don't acknowledge the issues and they don't address them.


Oh sure, why don't you go buy us some servers then, because from the way you're speaking it seems you have money to burn. So please go help Yoshi-P and his team out with this issue.

Excuse SE for not being able to give every nitty gritty detail to us. If they did that we'd be up toour neck in login error reports. Stop being so impatient, go outside for awhile or play another game.
____________________________
FF: XIV - Server: Brynhildr
Name: Deadly Waltz
FC: SWORN
My Brayflox's Longstep Final Boss Guide - http://ffxiv.zam.com/forum.html?forum=152&mid=13785160615194813
My Tanking Guide - http://ffxiv.zam.com/forum.html?forum=297&mid=1378648576133515117
-----------------
FF XI - Server: Phoenix
Name: Nakami
LS: VanadielReborn
#29 Sep 04 2013 at 9:23 AM Rating: Excellent
Quote:
It also shows why they will continue to have problems. They don't acknowledge the issues and they don't address them.


You obviously didn't read my entire post, so your comment here doesn't even make sense.
____________________________
Thayos Redblade
Jormungandr
Hyperion
#30 Sep 04 2013 at 9:24 AM Rating: Default
Avatar
*
62 posts
ShadowofaDoubt wrote:
YggdrasilSlepnir wrote:
FilthMcNasty wrote:
Thayos wrote:
The fact SE added just one new NA server shows how relatively little they're concerned with server capacity.


It also shows why they will continue to have problems. They don't acknowledge the issues and they don't address them.


somehow, i believe that SE knows what's best for their game. If they need to add more servers, they will. If not. They wont. it is that simple. For you to say anything in regards to what they choose to do, is just showing everyone else how dumb you really are. SE has a record for, if anything, apologizing for problems, and rectifying them as well as possible, if possible.

for those who don't understand how things like this work. here it is in plain and simple explanation.
Their servers are not having a capacity problem, they are having a speed problem. quite simply, they are getting more incoming connections than what they can return on time. this is why there is lag. This is a problem that affects ALL MMO's, and not just SE made ones. The sad part is, that this WAS able to be prevented, but alas, they did not forsee the possibility of this many people trying to log in all at the same time. this is why they are restricting people's capability to log in, and it will continue to be like this until they can fix what ever soft/hardware needs to be fixed to allow for all connections to communicate properly. This was a problem in V1.0 and am not suprised to see it again in V2.0. Though to be honest, im not suprised to see it happen in any mmo for the first three months until all bugs are found and fixed.... which SE is known for doing well, if not always on time.


Well thus far it looks like SE has failed in the server upgrade department.


i can see why you would say that, but alas they haven't quite failed yet. I personally believe that they know what needs to be done and where, they likely just can't do it as of yet. I wouldn't be suprised if the servers in question are just being bogged down by the constant log in attempts by people that don't know how to read the notices that have been put up to inform said people to just wait patiently while logging in. They likely just need to upgrade the speed of the servers. Not the capacity/amount of servers. I.E. it doesn't matter how many servers you add on, if they are all slow as molasses.
Im not an expert in MMO's. I just have a more in depth knowledge as to how Computers work, and even someone with a simple understanding of Ram and Connection speeds would be able to figure this out.
I would not be suprised if all they need to do is shut down the game for a night for a quick cpu upgrade in these servers. ****, it could just be an error in the code running on their servers. anyone with experience with SE while playing ffxi would know that SE will have it fixed asap. and no sooner.
____________________________
-there is your way, and the right way. my way is the right way. get used to it.-

~-~YggdrasilSlepnir/Odins Horse Slepnir~-~
(yes i realize after the fact, that Yggdrasil should have a second L at the end, and Slepnir should have an i after the e......) -.-
#31 Sep 04 2013 at 9:31 AM Rating: Decent
****
4,134 posts
YggdrasilSlepnir wrote:
For you to say anything in regards to what they choose to do, is just showing everyone else how dumb you really are. SE has a record for, if anything, apologizing for problems, and rectifying them as well as possible, if possible.


I have a track record of being the guy who people don't like because I tell it like it is. Everyone else was well aware of how dumb I am prior to me exposing the real problem here. You might not like it and it might even hurt your feelings to the point you start calling me names, but it is what it is.

If capacity isn't the problem, please explain to everyone why sales of the game were halted. Take your time.
____________________________
Rinsui wrote:
Only hips + boobs all day and hips + boobs all over my icecream

HaibaneRenmei wrote:
30 bucks is almost free

cocodojo wrote:
Its personal preference and all, but yes we need to educate WoW players that this is OUR game, these are Characters and not Toons. Time to beat that into them one at a time.
#32 Sep 04 2013 at 9:36 AM Rating: Decent
Avatar
*
62 posts
FilthMcNasty wrote:
YggdrasilSlepnir wrote:
For you to say anything in regards to what they choose to do, is just showing everyone else how dumb you really are. SE has a record for, if anything, apologizing for problems, and rectifying them as well as possible, if possible.


I have a track record of being the guy who people don't like because I tell it like it is. Everyone else was well aware of how dumb I am prior to me exposing the real problem here. You might not like it and it might even hurt your feelings to the point you start calling me names, but it is what it is.

If capacity isn't the problem, please explain to everyone why sales of the game were halted. Take your time.


they halted game sales of the digital distribution to keep the amount of new people trying to log in to a minimum. not because they couldn't hold them all... but because they couldn't handle all the connections. it may seem like the same thing to some people, but it really isn't. It is sort of like trying to run too many programs on a computer. sure your computer can hold them all on the hard drive, but it cannot run them all at the same time, quickly that is.
____________________________
-there is your way, and the right way. my way is the right way. get used to it.-

~-~YggdrasilSlepnir/Odins Horse Slepnir~-~
(yes i realize after the fact, that Yggdrasil should have a second L at the end, and Slepnir should have an i after the e......) -.-
#33 Sep 04 2013 at 9:37 AM Rating: Decent
****
4,134 posts
ImmolatedHope wrote:
FilthMcNasty wrote:
Thayos wrote:
The fact SE added just one new NA server shows how relatively little they're concerned with server capacity.


It also shows why they will continue to have problems. They don't acknowledge the issues and they don't address them.


Oh sure, why don't you go buy us some servers then, because from the way you're speaking it seems you have money to burn. So please go help Yoshi-P and his team out with this issue


You're suggesting that I pay to have SE's servers upgraded? Are you aware of how ridiculous that sounds? It's early I guess, I'll chalk that one up to you being too tired to realize what you just said.

FWIW, I've done nothing else but work and play other games since XIV launched. It has nothing to do with being negative and everything to do with the fact that I couldn't log in even if I wanted to.

____________________________
Rinsui wrote:
Only hips + boobs all day and hips + boobs all over my icecream

HaibaneRenmei wrote:
30 bucks is almost free

cocodojo wrote:
Its personal preference and all, but yes we need to educate WoW players that this is OUR game, these are Characters and not Toons. Time to beat that into them one at a time.
#34 Sep 04 2013 at 9:37 AM Rating: Decent
Avatar
*
62 posts
FilthMcNasty wrote:
YggdrasilSlepnir wrote:
For you to say anything in regards to what they choose to do, is just showing everyone else how dumb you really are. SE has a record for, if anything, apologizing for problems, and rectifying them as well as possible, if possible.


I have a track record of being the guy who people don't like because I tell it like it is. Everyone else was well aware of how dumb I am prior to me exposing the real problem here. You might not like it and it might even hurt your feelings to the point you start calling me names, but it is what it is.

If capacity isn't the problem, please explain to everyone why sales of the game were halted. Take your time.


also, your not really telling it like it is, your just telling it like you feel. not the same thing. its just a nice way of saying that your ******** cause your **** hurt.
____________________________
-there is your way, and the right way. my way is the right way. get used to it.-

~-~YggdrasilSlepnir/Odins Horse Slepnir~-~
(yes i realize after the fact, that Yggdrasil should have a second L at the end, and Slepnir should have an i after the e......) -.-
#35 Sep 04 2013 at 9:40 AM Rating: Excellent
Quote:
If capacity isn't the problem, please explain to everyone why sales of the game were halted. Take your time.


I'll do better than take my time... I'll take YOU back in time, to like... half an hour ago!

Quote:
The heart of the problem has always been the instanced server being overloaded... that's what caused SE to start restricting logins. Server capacity has little to do with it.
____________________________
Thayos Redblade
Jormungandr
Hyperion
#36 Sep 04 2013 at 9:40 AM Rating: Decent
MrTalos wrote:
What's with the 3102 saying I am still logged in. I was last in the game an hour ago and logged out properly. That's going to make it even worse if it isn't registering people who have logged out and preventing others from logging in because of it.

I was very excited to finally test my PS3 thins morning as it was the first time is actually saw the NA/EU servers. Log in was very speedy — however my armor sets didnt transfer so I decided to to just us the PC... Yay! Apparently I'm still logged in too. Oh well. I'm glad they fixed 75% of the issues. I still have friends that yet to get passed the make a character screen and now they can catch up.
____________________________
FFXIV Character, Trixi Athensa
[ffxisig]199948[/ffxisig]
#37 Sep 04 2013 at 9:41 AM Rating: Default
****
4,134 posts
YggdrasilSlepnir wrote:
they halted game sales of the digital distribution to keep the amount of new people trying to log in to a minimum. not because they couldn't hold them all... but because they couldn't handle all the connections.


If they had sold 10 million copies of the digital download in the first hour of sales they would still be keeping people from logging into the game with 1017. It has nothing to do with sales. Try again?

Thayos wrote:
FilthMcNasty wrote:
If capacity isn't the problem, please explain to everyone why sales of the game were halted. Take your time.
I'll do better than take my time... I'll take YOU back in time, to like... half an hour ago!

The heart of the problem has always been the instanced server being overloaded... that's what caused SE to start restricting logins. Server capacity has little to do with it.


Oh, so they stopped sales because of the instanced server being overloaded. I get it now. Smiley: dubious


Edited, Sep 4th 2013 11:45am by FilthMcNasty
____________________________
Rinsui wrote:
Only hips + boobs all day and hips + boobs all over my icecream

HaibaneRenmei wrote:
30 bucks is almost free

cocodojo wrote:
Its personal preference and all, but yes we need to educate WoW players that this is OUR game, these are Characters and not Toons. Time to beat that into them one at a time.
This thread is locked
You cannot post in a locked topic!
Recent Visitors: 74 All times are in CDT
Callinon, FilthMcNasty, Karlina, Anonymous Guests (71)