The thread title says it all.
I went through **** trying to track down a copy of this game over the past two weeks. Finally I managed to get a hold of a copy. Imagine my chagrin when I go to update my client with all the patches they've pushed out already and finding that I'm unable to do so. Basically I get to about 1.4 gigs of the download then it spits out this particular error:
A problem occured while updating
Please restart FFXIV (Beta Version)
I've tried everything I can think of. I've turned off all virus protection and firewalls, killed my startup list, ran as administrator, installed all windows updates. Nothing, still refuses to get past this point. I could really use some help here.