Forum Settings
       
« Previous 1 2
Reply To Thread

Just when i thought it was dead.. it came backFollow

#1 Sep 07 2013 at 9:54 AM Rating: Sub-Default
****
4,957 posts
After not seeing it for 5 days.... it has finally returned.. the dreaded 1017. I thought it wqs fixed? When it Is fixed will it never return?

I mean sure a world is gonna get full you cant "fix" that but I still think they could fix that message from occurring.. i.e Id rather be stuck in a 1+ hour queue everytime I wanna log in when the server is full over getting that error and having to try over and over to get in, wouldnt you agree?
#2 Sep 07 2013 at 10:00 AM Rating: Good
Avatar
****
4,773 posts
Duo...

I don't know how many times it's been stated.

1017 is not an error, It is not a problem. It is a manual lockdown on server queues when the servers are taxed to capacity.

It is literally a "No Vacancy" Sign SE puts up to keep the servers from breaking. And right now, it happens on the most populated servers still.
#3 Sep 07 2013 at 10:18 AM Rating: Default
****
4,957 posts
Hyrist wrote:
Duo...

I don't know how many times it's been stated.

1017 is not an error, It is not a problem. It is a manual lockdown on server queues when the servers are taxed to capacity.

It is literally a "No Vacancy" Sign SE puts up to keep the servers from breaking. And right now, it happens on the most populated servers still.




yes except this is how a queue is supposed to work


lets say youre at a building that can only hold 100.... 100 are inmn youre number 101... Yioure oustid ethe door... They obviously dont let you in... you stay in line until soemone leaves THEN you can enter.. that show a queue/1017 SHOUDL work...


Instead its like this..


building is full t capacity.. you walk up to go in and the guy guarding the door says "we're full, gtfo and come back/try again later" Why should i have to do that when I can just wait outside until space becomes available? Waiting outside the building isnt burdening its already full capacity, so I fail to see the problem of putting me in a queue for however long it takes until a space opens up. That being said, please do explain it to me
#4 Sep 07 2013 at 10:24 AM Rating: Good
*
55 posts
How did I know this was a post about 1017...
____________________________
FFXI
Comfortablynumb from Garuda
Metallious from Remora

FFXIV
Darkman Nightstar from Excalibur
#5 Sep 07 2013 at 10:32 AM Rating: Good
DuoMaxwellxx wrote:
Hyrist wrote:
Duo...

I don't know how many times it's been stated.

1017 is not an error, It is not a problem. It is a manual lockdown on server queues when the servers are taxed to capacity.

It is literally a "No Vacancy" Sign SE puts up to keep the servers from breaking. And right now, it happens on the most populated servers still.




yes except this is how a queue is supposed to work


lets say youre at a building that can only hold 100.... 100 are inmn youre number 101... Yioure oustid ethe door... They obviously dont let you in... you stay in line until soemone leaves THEN you can enter.. that show a queue/1017 SHOUDL work...


Instead its like this..


building is full t capacity.. you walk up to go in and the guy guarding the door says "we're full, gtfo and come back/try again later" Why should i have to do that when I can just wait outside until space becomes available? Waiting outside the building isnt burdening its already full capacity, so I fail to see the problem of putting me in a queue for however long it takes until a space opens up. That being said, please do explain it to me



You're looking at it wrong. It's not a cap of 100 and you're 101. It's a cap of 7,500 and you're 11,573. The queue is a system, too, and IT can only handle so much load before breaking.
____________________________
Blog: http://robertcrist.me/

Current: FFXIV | EVE Online (again)
Former: FFXI | The Matrix Online (FOREVER!!!) | STO | SW:TOR | EQ2 | WoW | Florensia | RF Online

FFXI :: Valefor :: Dareknight, Darexius
FFXIV :: Valefor :: Dare Knight
EVE Online :: Dare Knight, Hazel Knight, Rex Knight
#6 Sep 07 2013 at 10:32 AM Rating: Excellent
A new store opens in town. The entire city is so excited by this, that many citizens start going down to the store. Soon, the store reaches its maximum capacity allowed by the fire marshals, so they set up a line outside. But the line kept growing and growing. At first it circled the building. Then it spilled into the parking lot. Soon, though it started to move onto the street. At this time, the police arrive, parked a patrol car at the entrance of the parking lot, and turned away anyone else who wanted to line up.

That would be the 1017. Do you get it now? Do you comprehend or... wait, forgot who I was replying to. Carry on the idiocy.
____________________________
Twitter: http://www.twitter.com/pawkeshup
YouTube: http://www.youtube.com/pawkeshup
Twitch: http://www.twitch.tv/pawkeshup
Blog: http://pawkeshup.blogspot.com
Olorinus the Ludicrous wrote:
The idea of old school is way more interesting than the reality
#7 Sep 07 2013 at 10:53 AM Rating: Default
****
4,957 posts
Pawkeshup, Averter of the Apocalypse wrote:
A new store opens in town. The entire city is so excited by this, that many citizens start going down to the store. Soon, the store reaches its maximum capacity allowed by the fire marshals, so they set up a line outside. But the line kept growing and growing. At first it circled the building. Then it spilled into the parking lot. Soon, though it started to move onto the street. At this time, the police arrive, parked a patrol car at the entrance of the parking lot, and turned away anyone else who wanted to line up.

That would be the 1017. Do you get it now? Do you comprehend or... wait, forgot who I was replying to. Carry on the idiocy.


actually that makes perfect tense. Im far from an idiot tyvm (i like how ppl who insult others get rated up but then someone who calls the rating system and ppl on this board a cesspool for elitists fanboys gets sub def''d when this post above (and his rte up) proves just what that other person said). But anyway so basically the building (server) holds 100...when that gets full ppl wait in the "waiting area" (queue), which can be outside the building or another building entirely and that only holds 100.. when THAT gets full then ppl started getting turned away at the door... 1017.. yes as I said Im far from an idiot, that makes perfect sense. Now had you used the term ignorant then you would have been correct, if youre gonna insult someone at least have the elegance and vocabulary to do it correctly.
#8 Sep 07 2013 at 11:01 AM Rating: Good
***
3,177 posts
Yes, even queues have limits too.
____________________________
Final Fantasy XIV: A Realm Reborn
Grover Eyeveen - Hyperion Server
Viva Eorzea Free Company/Linkshell Leader - Hyperion Server

Aegis Server (2012-2013)
Figaro Server (2010-2012)

Final Fantasy XI:
Retired

Blog
#9 Sep 07 2013 at 11:12 AM Rating: Good
DuoMaxwellxx wrote:
actually that makes perfect tense. Im far from an idiot tyvm (i like how ppl who insult others get rated up but then someone who calls the rating system and ppl on this board a cesspool for elitists fanboys gets sub def''d when this post above (and his rte up) proves just what that other person said). But anyway so basically the building (server) holds 100...when that gets full ppl wait in the "waiting area" (queue), which can be outside the building or another building entirely and that only holds 100.. when THAT gets full then ppl started getting turned away at the door... 1017.. yes as I said Im far from an idiot, that makes perfect sense. Now had you used the term ignorant then you would have been correct, if youre gonna insult someone at least have the elegance and vocabulary to do it correctly.


OK, OK, first... it's sense, not tense. Second, not a fanboy. Third, I got rated up for an accurate description of the issue. Fourth, you are an idiot. Hyrist literally said exactly what I did with proper terminology that you just utterly didn't understand, and this has been described before as far as I know. Re-read what he said.

Hyrist wrote:
Duo...

I don't know how many times it's been stated.

1017 is not an error, It is not a problem. It is a manual lockdown on server queues when the servers are taxed to capacity.

It is literally a "No Vacancy" Sign SE puts up to keep the servers from breaking. And right now, it happens on the most populated servers still.


Fifth, and finally, if you are going to try to use words, please actually try writing eloquently and elegantly prior to attempting to assail my methodology in disseminating information in a humourous manner. Your utter arrogant refusal to peruse the entirety of this forum to discover that your inquiry has already been repeatedly dismissed with a proper and accepted explanation led to my reply and derogatory remark. In future, please refrain from replying to others prior to making a full reading of their comments to ascertain that they did not, in fact, already provide the requisite answer you sought.
.
____________________________
Twitter: http://www.twitter.com/pawkeshup
YouTube: http://www.youtube.com/pawkeshup
Twitch: http://www.twitch.tv/pawkeshup
Blog: http://pawkeshup.blogspot.com
Olorinus the Ludicrous wrote:
The idea of old school is way more interesting than the reality
#10 Sep 07 2013 at 11:34 AM Rating: Default
****
4,957 posts
Pawkeshup, Averter of the Apocalypse wrote:
DuoMaxwellxx wrote:
actually that makes perfect tense. Im far from an idiot tyvm (i like how ppl who insult others get rated up but then someone who calls the rating system and ppl on this board a cesspool for elitists fanboys gets sub def''d when this post above (and his rte up) proves just what that other person said). But anyway so basically the building (server) holds 100...when that gets full ppl wait in the "waiting area" (queue), which can be outside the building or another building entirely and that only holds 100.. when THAT gets full then ppl started getting turned away at the door... 1017.. yes as I said Im far from an idiot, that makes perfect sense. Now had you used the term ignorant then you would have been correct, if youre gonna insult someone at least have the elegance and vocabulary to do it correctly.


OK, OK, first... it's sense, not tense. Second, not a fanboy. Third, I got rated up for an accurate description of the issue. Fourth, you are an idiot. Hyrist literally said exactly what I did with proper terminology that you just utterly didn't understand, and this has been described before as far as I know. Re-read what he said.

Hyrist wrote:
Duo...

I don't know how many times it's been stated.

1017 is not an error, It is not a problem. It is a manual lockdown on server queues when the servers are taxed to capacity.

It is literally a "No Vacancy" Sign SE puts up to keep the servers from breaking. And right now, it happens on the most populated servers still.


Fifth, and finally, if you are going to try to use words, please actually try writing eloquently and elegantly prior to attempting to assail my methodology in disseminating information in a humourous manner. Your utter arrogant refusal to peruse the entirety of this forum to discover that your inquiry has already been repeatedly dismissed with a proper and accepted explanation led to my reply and derogatory remark. In future, please refrain from replying to others prior to making a full reading of their comments to ascertain that they did not, in fact, already provide the requisite answer you sought.
.


obviously its sense and not tense, seeing as i used "sense in other parts of the post it should be clear the first one was a typo. Anyway I did read what Hyrist said. However to me "Manual Lockdown on server queues" to me sound like "We dont feel like putting people in queue anymore so where just gonna deny them access" as opposed to "the waiting area is full so we CANT put anyone in queue anymore" Now had he/she said "manual lockdown on queue SERVER" then THAT would suggests that he queuing area is a separate server/entity than the world/game server and that (queue) server was full too. Then i woulda understood and it wouldve made sense to begin with
#11 Sep 07 2013 at 1:40 PM Rating: Decent
*
55 posts
Quit complaining... The severs are much improved, and I believe they are still working on them. I've only had a few instances of having problems logging in since the update (compared to not being to play at all). 1017 is never going away; It just won't be as common as they update the severs. You don't need to make a thread every time you encounter the error.
____________________________
FFXI
Comfortablynumb from Garuda
Metallious from Remora

FFXIV
Darkman Nightstar from Excalibur
#12 Sep 07 2013 at 2:53 PM Rating: Default
****
4,957 posts
NEVER going away? that would be a bad thing for SE you sure you wanna say that? i mean name ONE other mmo out now that has the same issue? it went away for them so why would it never go away for ffxiv?
#13 Sep 07 2013 at 3:03 PM Rating: Decent
*****
12,824 posts
Because it never went away for WoW?

I used to have a character on what was once a low population server. My last time back, I tried going on, it was high population and impossible to access. Depending on the server, some will always been crammed full unless SE forcibly pushes players to other servers.
____________________________
Twitter: http://www.twitter.com/pawkeshup
YouTube: http://www.youtube.com/pawkeshup
Twitch: http://www.twitch.tv/pawkeshup
Blog: http://pawkeshup.blogspot.com
Olorinus the Ludicrous wrote:
The idea of old school is way more interesting than the reality
#14 Sep 07 2013 at 3:46 PM Rating: Excellent
Avatar
*
82 posts
All this talk of 1017's reminded me of my outing to the gym Labor Day morning. I get to the gym a little before 8 am and was feeling pretty happy, thanks to very little commuter traffic and the hopes of being in a relatively empty facility that morning. I get to the door and find that it's locked. There was a sign that said "Holidays - 9 am to <sometime I don't care to remember>" so, with an hour to kill I took a stroll around the base this gym is on, trying not to look suspicious to the bored police patrolling the area. I get back to the gym a little before 9 and a small crowd had gathered, after waiting a few minutes after 9 someone pointed out that the sign is wrong and it opens at 10. During this wait, I look up and notice the building number... 1017! Dammit, SE! First, I get denied playing my spiffy-looking Mithra Miqo'te and now I get denied the opportunity to pick things up and put them back down.
____________________________
FFXIV - Goblin - Seraphan Amatsuka
#15 Sep 07 2013 at 3:51 PM Rating: Excellent
*****
12,824 posts
Seraphaniim wrote:
MY GYM WAS CLOSED! THANKS SQUARE-ENIX!


Now we just need the corresponding picture...
____________________________
Twitter: http://www.twitter.com/pawkeshup
YouTube: http://www.youtube.com/pawkeshup
Twitch: http://www.twitch.tv/pawkeshup
Blog: http://pawkeshup.blogspot.com
Olorinus the Ludicrous wrote:
The idea of old school is way more interesting than the reality
#16 Sep 07 2013 at 3:55 PM Rating: Good
Scholar
Avatar
**
435 posts

Quote:
NEVER going away? that would be a bad thing for SE you sure you wanna say that? i mean name ONE other mmo out now that has the same issue? it went away for them so why would it never go away for ffxiv?




Name one MMO you'd be willing to wait an hour to just get to play? The whole argument is moot because you know that even if you go and play another MMO right now, its just killing time until you can play this one.

You like the game. We like the game. Get over being frustrated and deal with it. No one gets what they want all the time.

You apparently want to play on a very populated server. Well, this is the cost of playing where most of the other cool kids are... you have to wait.

Edited, Sep 7th 2013 2:55pm by Jjnnyrr

Edited, Sep 7th 2013 2:56pm by Jjnnyrr
____________________________
Vrrynn Moonshadow (Mi'qote / Ul'dah / Faerie )
SCH 50 (/*-*)/ WAR 50 (and the rest are works in progress)

Vrrelle Moondancer (Mi'qote / Limsa / Faerie)
PLD 50 (rawr~) MRD 29

Vrrllyrr (Mithra / San d'Oria / Seraph)
Drg 75 (I <3 Lumi!)

"The problem with black and white, is that is turns grey at all the points of contact."

"I feel its an insult to Mithra everywhere that rabbits can /check as 'Tough' instead of 'Lunch'"
#17 Sep 07 2013 at 3:57 PM Rating: Excellent
Needs More Smut
******
21,262 posts
Blue screen of death zoning into Limsa Lominsa.

Reboot windows.

3102 character still logged in.

*sigh*

Guess Squeenix is telling me to go play XI tonight after all.

Edited, Sep 7th 2013 5:58pm by Catwho
____________________________
FFXI: Catwho on Bismarck: Retired December 2014
Thayos wrote:
I can't understand anyone who skips the cutscenes of a Final Fantasy game. That's like going to Texas and not getting barbecue.

FFXIV: Katarh Mest and Taprara Rara on Lamia Server - Member of The Swarm
Curator of the XIV Wallpapers Tumblr and the XIV Fashion Tumblr
#18 Sep 07 2013 at 4:02 PM Rating: Good
Screenshot


Looks like WoW still has a queue. Want to try again? I'd like to ask if you can utilize any kind of proper syntax and spelling in your reply, please?
____________________________
Blog: http://robertcrist.me/

Current: FFXIV | EVE Online (again)
Former: FFXI | The Matrix Online (FOREVER!!!) | STO | SW:TOR | EQ2 | WoW | Florensia | RF Online

FFXI :: Valefor :: Dareknight, Darexius
FFXIV :: Valefor :: Dare Knight
EVE Online :: Dare Knight, Hazel Knight, Rex Knight
#19 Sep 07 2013 at 4:02 PM Rating: Good
Avatar
****
4,773 posts
Catwho wrote:
Blue screen of death zoning into Limsa Lominsa.

Reboot windows.

3102 character still logged in.

*sigh*

Guess Squeenix is telling me to go play XI tonight after all.

Edited, Sep 7th 2013 5:58pm by Catwho


Oh no you don't.

Get your Lalafellian **** over to the Gala!
#20 Sep 07 2013 at 4:04 PM Rating: Excellent
*****
12,824 posts
darexius2010, Goblin in Disguise wrote:
Looks like WoW still has a queue. Want to try again? I'd like to ask if you can utilize any kind of proper syntax and spelling in your reply, please?


WHOA WHOA WHOA buddy you are way out of line... You want Duo to both form a proper, realistic argument AND take the time to write it out in a proper structure? Ain't no troll got time for that!!
____________________________
Twitter: http://www.twitter.com/pawkeshup
YouTube: http://www.youtube.com/pawkeshup
Twitch: http://www.twitch.tv/pawkeshup
Blog: http://pawkeshup.blogspot.com
Olorinus the Ludicrous wrote:
The idea of old school is way more interesting than the reality
#21 Sep 07 2013 at 4:47 PM Rating: Default
****
4,957 posts
darexius2010, Goblin in Disguise wrote:
Screenshot


Looks like WoW still has a queue. Want to try again? I'd like to ask if you can utilize any kind of proper syntax and spelling in your reply, please?



at least they have a qeue id call that an upgrade... and considering that qeue number clearly their queue server is bigger than SEs
#22 Sep 07 2013 at 4:54 PM Rating: Excellent
*****
12,824 posts
DuoMaxwellxx wrote:
at least they have a qeue id call that an upgrade... and considering that qeue number clearly their queue server is bigger than SEs


Yea... it is... after being in operation for, what, 9 years? One would expect a game making in excess of $115 million dollars a month could afford a few extra servers.

But, yea, you're totally reasonable to expect a game, at launch, already operating in the red, to have the same infrastructure as the world's largest MMO.
____________________________
Twitter: http://www.twitter.com/pawkeshup
YouTube: http://www.youtube.com/pawkeshup
Twitch: http://www.twitch.tv/pawkeshup
Blog: http://pawkeshup.blogspot.com
Olorinus the Ludicrous wrote:
The idea of old school is way more interesting than the reality
#23 Sep 07 2013 at 4:54 PM Rating: Default
****
4,957 posts
Jjnnyrr wrote:

Quote:
NEVER going away? that would be a bad thing for SE you sure you wanna say that? i mean name ONE other mmo out now that has the same issue? it went away for them so why would it never go away for ffxiv?




Name one MMO you'd be willing to wait an hour to just get to play? The whole argument is moot because you know that even if you go and play another MMO right now, its just killing time until you can play this one.

You like the game. We like the game. Get over being frustrated and deal with it. No one gets what they want all the time.

You apparently want to play on a very populated server. Well, this is the cost of playing where most of the other cool kids are... you have to wait.

Edited, Sep 7th 2013 2:55pm by Jjnnyrr

Edited, Sep 7th 2013 2:56pm by Jjnnyrr


actually im on ixion which i joined reluctantly because it wasthe only server that wasnt locked on launch so no im not on the coolkids server as for not always getting what you want well when did we have full server issues in ffxi guess we had no issue getting what we wanted with that one
#24 Sep 07 2013 at 4:58 PM Rating: Good
Pawkeshup the Meaningless wrote:
DuoMaxwellxx wrote:
at least they have a qeue id call that an upgrade... and considering that qeue number clearly their queue server is bigger than SEs


Yea... it is... after being in operation for, what, 9 years? One would expect a game making in excess of $115 million dollars a month could afford a few extra servers.

But, yea, you're totally reasonable to expect a game, at launch, already operating in the red, to have the same infrastructure as the world's largest MMO.



/endthread
____________________________
Blog: http://robertcrist.me/

Current: FFXIV | EVE Online (again)
Former: FFXI | The Matrix Online (FOREVER!!!) | STO | SW:TOR | EQ2 | WoW | Florensia | RF Online

FFXI :: Valefor :: Dareknight, Darexius
FFXIV :: Valefor :: Dare Knight
EVE Online :: Dare Knight, Hazel Knight, Rex Knight
#25 Sep 07 2013 at 5:08 PM Rating: Default
****
4,957 posts
Pawkeshup the Meaningless wrote:
DuoMaxwellxx wrote:
at least they have a qeue id call that an upgrade... and considering that qeue number clearly their queue server is bigger than SEs


Yea... it is... after being in operation for, what, 9 years? One would expect a game making in excess of $115 million dollars a month could afford a few extra servers.

But, yea, you're totally reasonable to expect a game, at launch, already operating in the red, to have the same infrastructure as the world's largest MMO.


well if it ws a small company with no mmo experience then id agree but SEs been making millions since the 80s and has an mmo thats sucessful and been around longer than wow thus i think the should have the experience and money to have avoided this from the start or at least turn it around in a week
#26 Sep 07 2013 at 5:17 PM Rating: Good
That is much much older and handles a minuscule amount of data less than XIV.

BEFORE you tell me that I have no way of knowing that, capture packets from both games and compare them.

EDIT: Making millions has nothing to do with it. Budgeting has everything to do with it. It wasn't until NOW that the Board of Directors, NOT Yoshi or anyone else, decided to back this game. Not before. Look at it from their perspective. A failed game was taken down, tons sunk into it, and no definable way to know if it would succeed or not. As a business, you would cut a budget to a minimum for a project like that, too.

Yet out of that came greatness, just like with the original Macintosh. sh*t non existent budget, now a HUGE moneymaker.

EDIT 2: Preempting your response of "throw up more servers". They are. Despite popular belief, building servers isn't as easy as going to Best Buy, say, "I want a dozen servers, yo", taking them to Geek Squad and leaving them there overnight to make magic love to them, taking them home and plugging them in. Building them can take a long... LONG time. Parts are almost always on backorder. Performance precision is such an issue in such a data center that you almost HAVE to use identical hardware. Then there's configuring them.... Nightmare. The fact that they did so as quickly as they did surprises me.

Also, before you say, "If they didn't believe in the game they shouldn't have released it", yeah.... Just don't.



Edited, Sep 7th 2013 7:20pm by darexius2010

Edited, Sep 7th 2013 7:30pm by darexius2010
____________________________
Blog: http://robertcrist.me/

Current: FFXIV | EVE Online (again)
Former: FFXI | The Matrix Online (FOREVER!!!) | STO | SW:TOR | EQ2 | WoW | Florensia | RF Online

FFXI :: Valefor :: Dareknight, Darexius
FFXIV :: Valefor :: Dare Knight
EVE Online :: Dare Knight, Hazel Knight, Rex Knight
#27 Sep 07 2013 at 5:44 PM Rating: Default
****
4,957 posts
darexius2010, Goblin in Disguise wrote:
That is much much older and handles a minuscule amount of data less than XIV.

BEFORE you tell me that I have no way of knowing that, capture packets from both games and compare them.

EDIT: Making millions has nothing to do with it. Budgeting has everything to do with it. It wasn't until NOW that the Board of Directors, NOT Yoshi or anyone else, decided to back this game. Not before. Look at it from their perspective. A failed game was taken down, tons sunk into it, and no definable way to know if it would succeed or not. As a business, you would cut a budget to a minimum for a project like that, too.

Yet out of that came greatness, just like with the original Macintosh. sh*t non existent budget, now a HUGE moneymaker.

EDIT 2: Preempting your response of "throw up more servers". They are. Despite popular belief, building servers isn't as easy as going to Best Buy, say, "I want a dozen servers, yo", taking them to Geek Squad and leaving them there overnight to make magic love to them, taking them home and plugging them in. Building them can take a long... LONG time. Parts are almost always on backorder. Performance precision is such an issue in such a data center that you almost HAVE to use identical hardware. Then there's configuring them.... Nightmare. The fact that they did so as quickly as they did surprises me.

Also, before you say, "If they didn't believe in the game they shouldn't have released it", yeah.... Just don't.



Edited, Sep 7th 2013 7:20pm by darexius2010

Edited, Sep 7th 2013 7:30pm by darexius2010



now that was both hillarious and informative and you didnt have to be an *** to do it (pawkershup should take notes) id actually rate you up if i could. your also right again my response would hav been why relese it if they didnt believe in it. i mean if they werent gonna getbacked then shoulda let it stay dead the first time. isnt that what every other compny does when a game fails. they take the loss andmove on to a new project name one other instance whre a game sucked and the comany said were gonna redo this and rerelease it?
#28 Sep 07 2013 at 5:49 PM Rating: Good
Exactly :) Now, I've been called a white knight for this, but look at it this way. Now that release has been such an exponential success, it FINALLY has the backing it deserves. It has new servers, new support hardware, and Yoshi has even come out and said they are adding even MORE very shortly. They have content being written now for patches and expansions beyond 2.1. It is purely beautiful.
____________________________
Blog: http://robertcrist.me/

Current: FFXIV | EVE Online (again)
Former: FFXI | The Matrix Online (FOREVER!!!) | STO | SW:TOR | EQ2 | WoW | Florensia | RF Online

FFXI :: Valefor :: Dareknight, Darexius
FFXIV :: Valefor :: Dare Knight
EVE Online :: Dare Knight, Hazel Knight, Rex Knight
#29 Sep 07 2013 at 5:56 PM Rating: Excellent
Avatar
***
1,416 posts
Catwho wrote:
Blue screen of death zoning into Limsa Lominsa.

Reboot windows.

3102 character still logged in.

*sigh*

Guess Squeenix is telling me to go play XI tonight after all.

Edited, Sep 7th 2013 5:58pm by Catwho

Actually, if you get disconnected from the server w/o logging out, this happens. However, give it a minute or 2, then you can log back in. It's happened to me twice so far. On a side note, XI does the same exact thing.
____________________________

#30 Sep 07 2013 at 5:56 PM Rating: Default
****
4,957 posts
speaking of content will all new contet be lvl 50? i mean low lvl content seems pointless in a gamewere even a casual can hit 50 in a month or less
#31 Sep 07 2013 at 6:03 PM Rating: Good
***
3,450 posts
DuoMaxwellxx wrote:
speaking of content will all new contet be lvl 50? i mean low lvl content seems pointless in a gamewere even a casual can hit 50 in a month or less


How would we know that?

He's talked about daily quests, new dungeons, hard mode dungeons, pvp, and a plethora of other things that have been extensively reported on both on Zam and elsewhere.
____________________________
svlyons wrote:
If random outcomes aren't acceptable to you, then don't play with random people.
#32 Sep 08 2013 at 1:19 PM Rating: Excellent
*
55 posts
DuoMaxwellxx wrote:
speaking of content will all new contet be lvl 50? i mean low lvl content seems pointless in a gamewere even a casual can hit 50 in a month or less


I shouldn't be posing in this thread anymore, but why don't you just go away? You went from bashing the servers to bashing the content (both of which are getting better). If you don't like the game, then don't play it. It's that simple... Nobody is forcing you to play it.
____________________________
FFXI
Comfortablynumb from Garuda
Metallious from Remora

FFXIV
Darkman Nightstar from Excalibur
#33 Sep 08 2013 at 1:29 PM Rating: Default
****
4,957 posts
DarkmanNightstar wrote:
DuoMaxwellxx wrote:
speaking of content will all new contet be lvl 50? i mean low lvl content seems pointless in a gamewere even a casual can hit 50 in a month or less


I shouldn't be posing in this thread anymore, but why don't you just go away? You went from bashing the servers to bashing the content (both of which are getting better). If you don't like the game, then don't play it. It's that simple... Nobody is forcing you to play it.


wtf? is your reading comprehension meter broken? i can agree with your server bashing claim, but content bashing? i was simply asking if new low levl content would even make logical sense in this game.. i see not how such a question would be considered bashing
#34 Sep 08 2013 at 1:42 PM Rating: Good
DuoMaxwellxx wrote:
DarkmanNightstar wrote:
DuoMaxwellxx wrote:
speaking of content will all new contet be lvl 50? i mean low lvl content seems pointless in a gamewere even a casual can hit 50 in a month or less


I shouldn't be posing in this thread anymore, but why don't you just go away? You went from bashing the servers to bashing the content (both of which are getting better). If you don't like the game, then don't play it. It's that simple... Nobody is forcing you to play it.


wtf? is your reading comprehension meter broken? i can agree with your server bashing claim, but content bashing? i was simply asking if new low levl content would even make logical sense in this game.. i see not how such a question would be considered bashing


I think content for lower levels would be welcome, even for end-gamers. Something I'm concerned about is after I hit 30 on my Gladiator I'll be leveling Conjurer for my Paladin quest. After I level a third job for whatever reason I'll run out of lower level content to xp off of, with the exception of FATEs and mobs. They mentioned they're doing daily content moving into 2.1, which I look forward to and hope it's not limited in repeatability per day. I'd love to see a greater variety in Leves, too. /emote'ing a target mid-battle kinda sucks...
____________________________
Blog: http://robertcrist.me/

Current: FFXIV | EVE Online (again)
Former: FFXI | The Matrix Online (FOREVER!!!) | STO | SW:TOR | EQ2 | WoW | Florensia | RF Online

FFXI :: Valefor :: Dareknight, Darexius
FFXIV :: Valefor :: Dare Knight
EVE Online :: Dare Knight, Hazel Knight, Rex Knight
#35 Sep 08 2013 at 1:55 PM Rating: Good
Scholar
Avatar
***
1,339 posts
DuoMaxwellxx wrote:
wtf? is your reading comprehension meter broken?


OH THE IRONY!

Secondly, it's humorous that you attempt to bring FFXI into the discussion. Newflash: during RoZ and CoP (and even most of ToAU) there was always massive amounts of lag in any zone handling over 100 people. FFXI didn't have a queue; in fact it just bluntly wouldn't let you log on during the heydays if it were really crammed full.

Plus, trying to herald FFXI as pro with it's dialup speed connections?

El. Oh. El.
#36 Sep 08 2013 at 2:00 PM Rating: Default
****
4,957 posts
Viertel wrote:
DuoMaxwellxx wrote:
wtf? is your reading comprehension meter broken?


OH THE IRONY!

Secondly, it's humorous that you attempt to bring FFXI into the discussion. Newflash: during RoZ and CoP (and even most of ToAU) there was always massive amounts of lag in any zone handling over 100 people. FFXI didn't have a queue; in fact it just bluntly wouldn't let you log on during the heydays if it were really crammed full.

Plus, trying to herald FFXI as pro with it's dialup speed connections?

El. Oh. El.


i started ffxi on us ps2 launch in march 2004 thats 5 months after us pc launch and in 5 years of playing the only time i couldnt log on is when servers were actualyy down
#37 Sep 08 2013 at 2:11 PM Rating: Good
*
55 posts
DuoMaxwellxx wrote:
Viertel wrote:
DuoMaxwellxx wrote:
wtf? is your reading comprehension meter broken?


OH THE IRONY!

Secondly, it's humorous that you attempt to bring FFXI into the discussion. Newflash: during RoZ and CoP (and even most of ToAU) there was always massive amounts of lag in any zone handling over 100 people. FFXI didn't have a queue; in fact it just bluntly wouldn't let you log on during the heydays if it were really crammed full.

Plus, trying to herald FFXI as pro with it's dialup speed connections?

El. Oh. El.


i started ffxi on us ps2 launch in march 2004 thats 5 months after us pc launch and in 5 years of playing the only time i couldnt log on is when servers were actualyy down


So your saying there was a five month difference between launch dates? Do you think that could of possibly had something do with the lack of servers problems? Come back in five months and see how many times you get error 1017.
____________________________
FFXI
Comfortablynumb from Garuda
Metallious from Remora

FFXIV
Darkman Nightstar from Excalibur
#38 Sep 08 2013 at 3:18 PM Rating: Default
****
4,957 posts
that would make sense except jp and na shared servers in ffxi and jp had it two years before us so even on pc in us the game was two years old before we started... and according to those who sat 1017 will never go away.. if thats true then yes even 5 months later ill still have 1017 problems
#39 Sep 08 2013 at 3:24 PM Rating: Excellent
*****
12,824 posts
Hey, you know when I saw the title of this thread, all I could think of is how apt it truly is.

Can we let it die now?
____________________________
Twitter: http://www.twitter.com/pawkeshup
YouTube: http://www.youtube.com/pawkeshup
Twitch: http://www.twitch.tv/pawkeshup
Blog: http://pawkeshup.blogspot.com
Olorinus the Ludicrous wrote:
The idea of old school is way more interesting than the reality
#40 Sep 08 2013 at 3:24 PM Rating: Excellent
***
3,450 posts
DuoMaxwellxx wrote:
that would make sense except jp and na shared servers in ffxi and jp had it two years before us so even on pc in us the game was two years old before we started... and according to those who sat 1017 will never go away.. if thats true then yes even 5 months later ill still have 1017 problems


Is it even remotely possible that FFXI and FFXIV use different server architecture? And therefore may not behave exactly the same way?

Possible?
____________________________
svlyons wrote:
If random outcomes aren't acceptable to you, then don't play with random people.
#41 Sep 08 2013 at 3:48 PM Rating: Decent
*
55 posts
DuoMaxwellxx wrote:
that would make sense except jp and na shared servers in ffxi and jp had it two years before us so even on pc in us the game was two years old before we started... and according to those who sat 1017 will never go away.. if thats true then yes even 5 months later ill still have 1017 problems


What is the point your trying to make? Your making my point for me. FFXI had delayed launches for different platforms and regions. Not everyone was trying to play at the exact same time (such as the case with FFXIV). 1017 is not a traditional "error". It will never truly go away, but it won't be as common. There were times in FFXI where the servers were overcrowded. It was just not as common because of the delayed launches. Don't compare FFXIV to FFXI. It is a completely different game launched under different situations and settings. I've had barely any issue with 1017 since the update and it will only get better as they improve the servers and add new ones.
____________________________
FFXI
Comfortablynumb from Garuda
Metallious from Remora

FFXIV
Darkman Nightstar from Excalibur
#42 Sep 08 2013 at 5:09 PM Rating: Excellent
Avatar
*
150 posts
Catwho wrote:
Blue screen of death zoning into Limsa Lominsa.

Reboot windows.

3102 character still logged in.

*sigh*

Guess Squeenix is telling me to go play XI tonight after all.

Edited, Sep 7th 2013 5:58pm by Catwho


Get in your FC's voice coms and tell someone to send you a /tell in game. That kicks you off the server if you are not on.
#43 Sep 08 2013 at 5:19 PM Rating: Default
****
4,957 posts
DarkmanNightstar wrote:
DuoMaxwellxx wrote:
that would make sense except jp and na shared servers in ffxi and jp had it two years before us so even on pc in us the game was two years old before we started... and according to those who sat 1017 will never go away.. if thats true then yes even 5 months later ill still have 1017 problems


What is the point your trying to make? Your making my point for me. FFXI had delayed launches for different platforms and regions. Not everyone was trying to play at the exact same time (such as the case with FFXIV). 1017 is not a traditional "error". It will never truly go away, but it won't be as common. There were times in FFXI where the servers were overcrowded. It was just not as common because of the delayed launches. Don't compare FFXIV to FFXI. It is a completely different game launched under different situations and settings. I've had barely any issue with 1017 since the update and it will only get better as they improve the servers and add new ones.



yeah youre right i too hardly have 1017 since the update (hence the topic title) but when i think about the fact tht ive played mms where this nevr happens atvll thats what makes me say SE is cearly dong something wrong
#44 Sep 08 2013 at 6:21 PM Rating: Good
*
55 posts
DuoMaxwellxx wrote:
DarkmanNightstar wrote:
DuoMaxwellxx wrote:
that would make sense except jp and na shared servers in ffxi and jp had it two years before us so even on pc in us the game was two years old before we started... and according to those who sat 1017 will never go away.. if thats true then yes even 5 months later ill still have 1017 problems


What is the point your trying to make? Your making my point for me. FFXI had delayed launches for different platforms and regions. Not everyone was trying to play at the exact same time (such as the case with FFXIV). 1017 is not a traditional "error". It will never truly go away, but it won't be as common. There were times in FFXI where the servers were overcrowded. It was just not as common because of the delayed launches. Don't compare FFXIV to FFXI. It is a completely different game launched under different situations and settings. I've had barely any issue with 1017 since the update and it will only get better as they improve the servers and add new ones.



yeah youre right i too hardly have 1017 since the update (hence the topic title) but when i think about the fact tht ive played mms where this nevr happens atvll thats what makes me say SE is cearly dong something wrong


How many MMOs did you play at launch (excluding FFXI's third launch)? Many of them have problems (especially the popular ones). Square may of not been prepared for all of they players at launch, but they are doing everything right to fix it. How does this make you think they are "clearly" doing something wrong? The game just came out two weeks ago.
____________________________
FFXI
Comfortablynumb from Garuda
Metallious from Remora

FFXIV
Darkman Nightstar from Excalibur
#45 Sep 08 2013 at 6:38 PM Rating: Default
****
4,957 posts
DarkmanNightstar wrote:
DuoMaxwellxx wrote:
DarkmanNightstar wrote:
DuoMaxwellxx wrote:
that would make sense except jp and na shared servers in ffxi and jp had it two years before us so even on pc in us the game was two years old before we started... and according to those who sat 1017 will never go away.. if thats true then yes even 5 months later ill still have 1017 problems


What is the point your trying to make? Your making my point for me. FFXI had delayed launches for different platforms and regions. Not everyone was trying to play at the exact same time (such as the case with FFXIV). 1017 is not a traditional "error". It will never truly go away, but it won't be as common. There were times in FFXI where the servers were overcrowded. It was just not as common because of the delayed launches. Don't compare FFXIV to FFXI. It is a completely different game launched under different situations and settings. I've had barely any issue with 1017 since the update and it will only get better as they improve the servers and add new ones.



yeah youre right i too hardly have 1017 since the update (hence the topic title) but when i think about the fact tht ive played mms where this nevr happens atvll thats what makes me say SE is cearly dong something wrong


How many MMOs did you play at launch (excluding FFXI's third launch)? Many of them have problems (especially the popular ones). Square may of not been prepared for all of they players at launch, but they are doing everything right to fix it. How does this make you think they are "clearly" doing something wrong? The game just came out two weeks ago.



because this isnt SEs first or even 3rd mmo.. they have enough mmo exp on their reume to have a clear grasp ofwhat to and not to do.

also supposedly this stuff happened on beta too... isnt the point of a beta to find and fix problems for launch? if this was happening at beta then shouldnt SE have said "ok we need to either increase server capacity or bringbib new severs before we release this". Correct?
#46 Sep 08 2013 at 7:11 PM Rating: Excellent
*
55 posts
DuoMaxwellxx wrote:
DarkmanNightstar wrote:
DuoMaxwellxx wrote:
DarkmanNightstar wrote:
DuoMaxwellxx wrote:
that would make sense except jp and na shared servers in ffxi and jp had it two years before us so even on pc in us the game was two years old before we started... and according to those who sat 1017 will never go away.. if thats true then yes even 5 months later ill still have 1017 problems


What is the point your trying to make? Your making my point for me. FFXI had delayed launches for different platforms and regions. Not everyone was trying to play at the exact same time (such as the case with FFXIV). 1017 is not a traditional "error". It will never truly go away, but it won't be as common. There were times in FFXI where the servers were overcrowded. It was just not as common because of the delayed launches. Don't compare FFXIV to FFXI. It is a completely different game launched under different situations and settings. I've had barely any issue with 1017 since the update and it will only get better as they improve the servers and add new ones.



yeah youre right i too hardly have 1017 since the update (hence the topic title) but when i think about the fact tht ive played mms where this nevr happens atvll thats what makes me say SE is cearly dong something wrong


How many MMOs did you play at launch (excluding FFXI's third launch)? Many of them have problems (especially the popular ones). Square may of not been prepared for all of they players at launch, but they are doing everything right to fix it. How does this make you think they are "clearly" doing something wrong? The game just came out two weeks ago.



because this isnt SEs first or even 3rd mmo.. they have enough mmo exp on their reume to have a clear grasp ofwhat to and not to do.

also supposedly this stuff happened on beta too... isnt the point of a beta to find and fix problems for launch? if this was happening at beta then shouldnt SE have said "ok we need to either increase server capacity or bringbib new severs before we release this". Correct?


I'm done responding to you after this. They already admitted they they were under prepared. They have done everything right to fix it. What else do you want? Why are you complaining about problems they already fixed? Why do you keep bringing up sever launch problems? I'm done going in circles with you. If you don't like it, leave....
____________________________
FFXI
Comfortablynumb from Garuda
Metallious from Remora

FFXIV
Darkman Nightstar from Excalibur
#47 Sep 08 2013 at 10:58 PM Rating: Default
****
4,957 posts
DarkmanNightstar wrote:
DuoMaxwellxx wrote:
DarkmanNightstar wrote:
DuoMaxwellxx wrote:
DarkmanNightstar wrote:
DuoMaxwellxx wrote:
that would make sense except jp and na shared servers in ffxi and jp had it two years before us so even on pc in us the game was two years old before we started... and according to those who sat 1017 will never go away.. if thats true then yes even 5 months later ill still have 1017 problems


What is the point your trying to make? Your making my point for me. FFXI had delayed launches for different platforms and regions. Not everyone was trying to play at the exact same time (such as the case with FFXIV). 1017 is not a traditional "error". It will never truly go away, but it won't be as common. There were times in FFXI where the servers were overcrowded. It was just not as common because of the delayed launches. Don't compare FFXIV to FFXI. It is a completely different game launched under different situations and settings. I've had barely any issue with 1017 since the update and it will only get better as they improve the servers and add new ones.



yeah youre right i too hardly have 1017 since the update (hence the topic title) but when i think about the fact tht ive played mms where this nevr happens atvll thats what makes me say SE is cearly dong something wrong


How many MMOs did you play at launch (excluding FFXI's third launch)? Many of them have problems (especially the popular ones). Square may of not been prepared for all of they players at launch, but they are doing everything right to fix it. How does this make you think they are "clearly" doing something wrong? The game just came out two weeks ago.



because this isnt SEs first or even 3rd mmo.. they have enough mmo exp on their reume to have a clear grasp ofwhat to and not to do.

also supposedly this stuff happened on beta too... isnt the point of a beta to find and fix problems for launch? if this was happening at beta then shouldnt SE have said "ok we need to either increase server capacity or bringbib new severs before we release this". Correct?


I'm done responding to you after this. They already admitted they they were under prepared. They have done everything right to fix it. What else do you want? Why are you complaining about problems they already fixed? Why do you keep bringing up sever launch problems? I'm done going in circles with you. If you don't like it, leave....




because it hasnt been "fixed" just improved.. if you had a car that was breaking down 90% of the time.. and you took it to a shop and now it breaks down 10% of the time... its not fixed.. its VASTLY improved but not fixed... a fixed car doesnt break down at all.
#48 Sep 08 2013 at 11:14 PM Rating: Excellent
***
3,450 posts
You're operating under the assumption that the server is broken because it's full. It's supposed to do that when it's full, it's operating normally.

Would it be better if it put people into a queue so that they could play as soon as the server was not full? Yes. But it doesn't do that. Not because it's broken, but because it doesn't really have a queuing system at all, not that kind of queue anyway.
____________________________
svlyons wrote:
If random outcomes aren't acceptable to you, then don't play with random people.
#49 Sep 08 2013 at 11:41 PM Rating: Default
****
4,957 posts
Archmage Callinon wrote:
You're operating under the assumption that the server is broken because it's full. It's supposed to do that when it's full, it's operating normally.

Would it be better if it put people into a queue so that they could play as soon as the server was not full? Yes. But it doesn't do that. Not because it's broken, but because it doesn't really have a queuing system at all, not that kind of queue anyway.


Youre right a server thats full is NOT broken.. its still operating as intended its just full.. thus its not broken.. I broken server would be one that isnt operating as intended.

What is broken is SEs way of fixing the full issue.

What could be done to fix t hat is:

a) make a queueing system like the one you mentioned in your post

2) upgrade the servers so that theyll hold much more people thus eliminating the "full" problem

3) adding more servers and encouraging ppl to switch servers in hopes of evenly distributing ppl across all servers, then once thats achieved close those servers and leave new or very unpopulated servers open for new players.
#50 Sep 09 2013 at 1:16 AM Rating: Excellent
Avatar
**
491 posts
DuoMaxwellxx wrote:
Archmage Callinon wrote:
You're operating under the assumption that the server is broken because it's full. It's supposed to do that when it's full, it's operating normally.

Would it be better if it put people into a queue so that they could play as soon as the server was not full? Yes. But it doesn't do that. Not because it's broken, but because it doesn't really have a queuing system at all, not that kind of queue anyway.


Youre right a server thats full is NOT broken.. its still operating as intended its just full.. thus its not broken.. I broken server would be one that isnt operating as intended.

What is broken is SEs way of fixing the full issue.

What could be done to fix t hat is:

a) make a queueing system like the one you mentioned in your post

2) upgrade the servers so that theyll hold much more people thus eliminating the "full" problem

3) adding more servers and encouraging ppl to switch servers in hopes of evenly distributing ppl across all servers, then once thats achieved close those servers and leave new or very unpopulated servers open for new players.


4) once the initial buzz of the game wears off and the numbers start to steady themselves out, try to come up with a plan of ripping people from their norm comfortably to get them back together again so everyone isn't playing on their own server.

Added the very important fourth for ya. Don't mention it ;)
#51 Sep 09 2013 at 5:07 AM Rating: Excellent
Avatar
***
1,556 posts
It's interesting how Kilua disappears and DuoMaxwellxx (love the teenage anime reference; the xx is a nice touch) reappears.

A detriment to this community. Why hasn't action been taken? :\
« Previous 1 2
Reply To Thread

Colors Smileys Quote OriginalQuote Checked Help

 

Recent Visitors: 80 All times are in CST
Callinon, Seriha, Thayos, Anonymous Guests (77)