Forum Settings
       
Reply To Thread

Is there anything that shighly gil dependant?Follow

#1 Sep 08 2013 at 12:14 PM Rating: Default
****
4,957 posts
Is any gil spent in obtaining/upgrading relic? Or how much would you estimate it would cost to level a craft to 50? etc etc is there anything out in game right now that requires a fair bit of gil? I know FC and personal housing wont be cheap but those arent out yet. Im only referring to things that exist right now
#2 Sep 08 2013 at 12:24 PM Rating: Excellent
DuoMaxwellxx wrote:
Is any gil spent in obtaining/upgrading relic? Or how much would you estimate it would cost to level a craft to 50? etc etc is there anything out in game right now that requires a fair bit of gil? I know FC and personal housing wont be cheap but those arent out yet. Im only referring to things that exist right now


The only gil sink I've found so far, and I've been looking for them, is Tele'ing everywhere all the darn time and buying ingredients for crafting as opposed to actually farming them. Other than that, though, everything is dirt cheap.

EDIT: Oh, and gear repair at endgame. Repairing Darklight sets is some 5-10k isn't it?

Quote:
abesut wrote:
its a huge problem for me, it cost me almost 10k just to repair my darklight set, its not even worth farming leves since i spent more gil on repair, than I actually get from leves or dungeons >_> would be nice if they addede dailies that would give you allagan currency or other gil rewards, cause as of now I barely dare to do anything that harms my gear, unless I need something specific.



Source

Edited, Sep 8th 2013 2:32pm by darexius2010
____________________________
Blog: http://robertcrist.me/

Current: FFXIV | EVE Online (again)
Former: FFXI | The Matrix Online (FOREVER!!!) | STO | SW:TOR | EQ2 | WoW | Florensia | RF Online

FFXI :: Valefor :: Dareknight, Darexius
FFXIV :: Valefor :: Dare Knight
EVE Online :: Dare Knight, Hazel Knight, Rex Knight
#3 Sep 08 2013 at 12:34 PM Rating: Decent
**
337 posts
I spend a lot of money on HQ foods to maximize DPS.
____________________________
FINAL FANTASY XIV: A Realm Reborn
Lucas Nox on Midgardsormr
#4 Sep 08 2013 at 12:41 PM Rating: Good
darexius2010, Goblin in Disguise wrote:


EDIT: Oh, and gear repair at endgame. Repairing Darklight sets is some 5-10k isn't it?

Quote:
abesut wrote:
its a huge problem for me, it cost me almost 10k just to repair my darklight set, its not even worth farming leves since i spent more gil on repair, than I actually get from leves or dungeons >_> would be nice if they addede dailies that would give you allagan currency or other gil rewards, cause as of now I barely dare to do anything that harms my gear, unless I need something specific.



Source


So is leveling a craft to repair your own gear something I somehow have in my head, but is totally made up?

ATM the only thing I blow gil on is Teleports, Crafting Material that I don't want to farm, repairs here and there, and gear for when I change class and want OK/Decent gear the moment it hits lv10.

Isell stuff on the market, so I also make gil, but I've yet to withdraw gil out. I think I'm about even, 12k on my, 12k on retainer.
____________________________
Sandinmyeye | |Tsukaremashi*a |
#5 Sep 08 2013 at 1:05 PM Rating: Excellent
Anterograde Amnesia
Avatar
*****
12,363 posts
End game crafting/gathering armor is pricey as ****.
____________________________
"Choosy MMO's choose Wint." - Louiscool
The greatest trick the devil ever pulled was to convince the world he didn't exist.
Keyser Soze - Ultros
Guide to Setting Up Mumble on a Raspberry Pi
#6 Sep 08 2013 at 1:53 PM Rating: Default
****
4,957 posts
what about relic? is anything needed for it obtainable with gil or is relic 100% farming 0% gil? unlike ffxi where you needed money for relic.. hypothetically you could farm all the currency you needed but doing it that way woulda made an already year long process take longer. So is spending gil in xiv for relic even an option or is xiv's relc strictly farming.

also since we're on the subject of relic is the relics power in xiv on par with xi's relic? i know in a bead to head batle xi's is probably stronger. But im asking if theyre equal for their respected realms/worlds? does relc in xiv offer any hidden/additional effects or ws/abilities youll ONLY find in that weapon or is it merely no different than any other weapon just with the best base dmg and highest stats?
#7 Sep 08 2013 at 1:54 PM Rating: Decent
Scholar
Avatar
****
6,260 posts
Sean Connery wrote:
Is there anything that shighly gil dependant?

Can't unhear.
____________________________
I've seen things you people wouldn't believe. Airships on fire off the shoulder of Bahamut. I watched Scapula Beams glitter in the dark near the Three Mage Gate...

Nilatai wrote:
Vlorsutes wrote:
There's always...not trolling him?

You're new here, aren't you?
#8 Sep 08 2013 at 1:57 PM Rating: Decent
Scholar
Avatar
***
1,339 posts
Sandinmygum the Stupendous wrote:
So is leveling a craft to repair your own gear something I somehow have in my head, but is totally made up?


You can't harvest/mine the materials needed to repair your gear as it's now bought off of a vendor.

Secondly, unless the gear color's blue (AF/Darklight/Relic) or purple (Relics and Holy Shield) it flat out is more expensive to buy the items used to repair the gear.
#9 Sep 08 2013 at 2:02 PM Rating: Excellent
Viertel wrote:
Sandinmygum the Stupendous wrote:
So is leveling a craft to repair your own gear something I somehow have in my head, but is totally made up?


You can't harvest/mine the materials needed to repair your gear as it's now bought off of a vendor.

Secondly, unless the gear color's blue (AF/Darklight/Relic) or purple (Relics and Holy Shield) it flat out is more expensive to buy the items used to repair the gear.


Dark Matter can be obtained from the GC vendor in exchange for seals.
____________________________
Humankind cannot gain anything without first giving something in return. To obtain, something of equal value must be lost.
Data Center: Primal; Server: Ultros; Free Company: The Kraken Club; Grand Company: The Maelstrom; Chocobo: Kweh
#10 Sep 08 2013 at 5:23 PM Rating: Good
Scholar
***
1,948 posts
darexius2010, Goblin in Disguise wrote:
EDIT: Oh, and gear repair at endgame. Repairing Darklight sets is some 5-10k isn't it?


Repair DL is 350 gil per Dark Matter Grade 5. There are 6 armour slots (head, body, arms, legs, feet, waist), 5 accessories slots (neck, ear, wrist, 2 rings) and 1 weapons (if you are GLD/PLD or DoH/DoL theres offhand too). So that's 13-14 slots need repair equals 4550 gil or 4900 gil at most.
____________________________




#11 Sep 08 2013 at 5:35 PM Rating: Decent
Avatar
*
137 posts
shighly...
can you explain what this word means?
____________________________
FFXI: Kiyaya :Siren:
99 WAR/RDM/BLM/BRD/PLD/NIN/DNC/BST/MNK/SAM

FFXIV: Kiya Sirenia : Siren:
DoM: 37 Arcanist, SMN and SCH 15CNJ 15THM
DoW: 13MRD 12PUG
DoH: 45WVR 45BSM 45GSM 44CUL 40ALC 40CRP 39LTW 39ARM
DoL: 50FSH 47MIN 47BTN
#12 Sep 08 2013 at 5:38 PM Rating: Decent
****
4,957 posts
ok now im being trolled... i askd a legit question with no bashing and got sud defaulted?
#13 Sep 08 2013 at 5:45 PM Rating: Good
Avatar
*
150 posts
A lot of people are complaining that you don't make enough GIL in game, more than are arguing there are no GIL sinks.

Once you get close to endgame your main source of GIL being quests starts to slow down. Once you hit endgame it all but stops (at least you don't have a sea of quests every hub anymore)

Thing is after about level 30 or so, repairs start to cost a lot, and this really starts to show if you run dungeons a lot, which you will at endgame.

Then there is a sort of need to teleport everywhere. You start getting more and more quests that have you bouncing around the world after 30. You will want to fate farm, Odin might pop and then Behemoth...theres lots of reasons to teleport, and it starts to add up fast, even if you take advantage of the favored destination.

Crafting is the best way around this. People do have excess of GIL and will spend it on gear, specifically people who start a new class and wont have the quest lines to feed them gear. I found myself shocked to see no level 5-10 gear for crafter class and for some combat classes, I made a few items since they are easy to make and they all sold within an hour.

So theres a lot of ways to make money, one of the ways to be GIL negative is to fate farm and dungeon farm and nothing else.
#14 Sep 08 2013 at 5:47 PM Rating: Good
Scholar
**
334 posts
DuoMaxwellxx wrote:
Is there anything that shighly gil dependant?


KissMyPixel wrote:
shighly...
can you explain what this word means?


I think it's pretty obvious that is was supposed to say "is highly" and he made a typo. Duo annoys me as much as anyone on this board, but it's silly to flame him over an obvious typo.
____________________________
BlueLand wrote:
You can always take a screen shot of the 1017 error and set it to your desktop background, its like playing FFXIV from work
#15 Sep 08 2013 at 5:50 PM Rating: Good
Avatar
*
137 posts
it was a serious question. It could have been singularly or highly. I was asking a question = not flaming
____________________________
FFXI: Kiyaya :Siren:
99 WAR/RDM/BLM/BRD/PLD/NIN/DNC/BST/MNK/SAM

FFXIV: Kiya Sirenia : Siren:
DoM: 37 Arcanist, SMN and SCH 15CNJ 15THM
DoW: 13MRD 12PUG
DoH: 45WVR 45BSM 45GSM 44CUL 40ALC 40CRP 39LTW 39ARM
DoL: 50FSH 47MIN 47BTN
#16 Sep 08 2013 at 6:28 PM Rating: Decent
****
4,957 posts
Strangerous wrote:
A lot of people are complaining that you don't make enough GIL in game, more than are arguing there are no GIL sinks.

Once you get close to endgame your main source of GIL being quests starts to slow down. Once you hit endgame it all but stops (at least you don't have a sea of quests every hub anymore)

Thing is after about level 30 or so, repairs start to cost a lot, and this really starts to show if you run dungeons a lot, which you will at endgame.

Then there is a sort of need to teleport everywhere. You start getting more and more quests that have you bouncing around the world after 30. You will want to fate farm, Odin might pop and then Behemoth...theres lots of reasons to teleport, and it starts to add up fast, even if you take advantage of the favored destination.

Crafting is the best way around this. People do have excess of GIL and will spend it on gear, specifically people who start a new class and wont have the quest lines to feed them gear. I found myself shocked to see no level 5-10 gear for crafter class and for some combat classes, I made a few items since they are easy to make and they all sold within an hour.

So theres a lot of ways to make money, one of the ways to be GIL negative is to fate farm and dungeon farm and nothing else.



yeah making money isnt the issue. im just wondering if theres any gilvsinks in the game. i like being one of the ppl with the 10 mil gil uber item that few have.. or the item that takes so much work to get that 90% of ppl will see the requirements and decide to not even try. (i.e ffxi relic) in ffxi relic was so rar everyone on the server could literally name all the playrs who had one and anyone who had more than one was "obviously cheating/buying gil" (no those arent MY thoughts thas wh i used quotes) im just wondering if theres any items like that in xiv. xiv relic, while hard to get its not THAT hard (i spectulatsle 50% of players will have one before 2014)
#17 Sep 09 2013 at 1:21 AM Rating: Excellent
Avatar
**
491 posts
DuoMaxwellxx wrote:
ok now im being trolled... i askd a legit question with no bashing and got sud defaulted?


Isn't sud defaulted when you order Sam Adams and they just give you Budweiser? Anyhow, you want a gil sink. wait till housing is in. I'm sure it will serve all your masochistic spending tendencies. :)
#18 Sep 09 2013 at 10:04 AM Rating: Decent
****
4,957 posts
i want something thats actually gonna better my gameplay/character not just a gil sink thatll probably be nothing more than an "Eorzea Cribs" showoff house.
#19 Sep 09 2013 at 4:52 PM Rating: Good
Avatar
**
425 posts
Strangerous wrote:


Then there is a sort of need to teleport everywhere. You start getting more and more quests that have you bouncing around the world after 30. You will want to fate farm, Odin might pop and then Behemoth...theres lots of reasons to teleport, and it starts to add up fast, even if you take advantage of the favored destination.


I've gotten into the habit of running anywhere that doesn't require chocobo porting, ship, or airship. I'm sure there is some areas that do, but I'm sticking to that. I bet those 30+ players where wondering wtf a lvl20 was doing running through. It's a LONG trek, but hey.

FATES remind me of campaign, and I either just miss them, or get there in time, and it's zerged down so bad that I didn't get to hit one mob. So I'm not too concerned about them.

Guess I'll be the last player in the game to hit 50 :P but I don't care.

Edited, Sep 9th 2013 6:52pm by TwilightSkye
____________________________
FFXI character: Elathia ::F Tarutaru::87SCH/75RDM/70WHM/54BLM::Cerberus/Ragnarok/Bahamut::1/23/2004 - 3/25/2015 :: Retired
RDM First 75 Job :: RDM Maat victory: March 28, 2008 (1/3) :: San d'Oria R10 Long live King Destin :: Praise be to the late King Ranperre.
FFXIV character: Selene Silverstorm :: F Lalafell :: WAR60/WHM60/BLM60 :: Ragnarok :: 9/2013 -
Patch note archives for FFXIV: http://na.finalfantasyxiv.com/lodestone/special/patchnote_log/
#20 Sep 09 2013 at 4:58 PM Rating: Good
***
3,448 posts
DuoMaxwellxx wrote:
i want something thats actually gonna better my gameplay/character not just a gil sink thatll probably be nothing more than an "Eorzea Cribs" showoff house.


Apparently repairs for high level gear are quite expensive.
____________________________
svlyons wrote:
If random outcomes aren't acceptable to you, then don't play with random people.
Reply To Thread

Colors Smileys Quote OriginalQuote Checked Help

 

Recent Visitors: 81 All times are in CST
Anonymous Guests (81)