Forum Settings
       
Reply To Thread

Archer/Bard Limit BreakFollow

#1 Sep 09 2013 at 11:11 PM Rating: Decent
Scholar
Avatar
*
155 posts
Why is it a heal instead of a DPS? Did SE forget to change it when they redid bard?
____________________________
"Wars come and go, but my soldiers are eternal..."

Guild/LS: Weekend Raiders
#2 Sep 09 2013 at 11:41 PM Rating: Decent
Scholar
***
1,948 posts
Cause BRD attack from distance, is a support class, and DPS Limit Break for Physical DPS require you to run up close.

Technically they can give BRD the Caster DPS Limit Break but whereas BRD replenish MP/TP the same way healer replenish HP, BRD doesn't nuke stuff up with magic.
____________________________




#3 Sep 10 2013 at 5:37 AM Rating: Good
Scholar
****
4,503 posts
Also because the Archer/Bard is usually the last person standing in the case of a wipe. A level 3 Limit Break will have everyone back on their feet instantly.

And also because this game has enough DD's already.
____________________________
[XI] Surivere of Valefor
[XIV] Sir Surian Bedivere of Behemoth
http://na.finalfantasyxiv.com/lodestone/character/2401553/
#4 Sep 10 2013 at 6:01 AM Rating: Excellent
Avatar
**
392 posts
I find this odd too because in a normal light party, the brd is a DPS and yet they don't have a DPS style LB. I found this to be really annoying when doing the Titan fight. Set was myself (sch), war, brd and smn. Titan kept capturing the smn in rock and we needed to have one of the dps classes use the LB to hit his heart before he wiped us. I just find it odd that a DPS class doesn't have a matching LB.

Edited, Sep 10th 2013 8:03am by RyanSquires
____________________________
"You are what you are on paper."
-
Avirex Idyll - Faerie Server
#5 Sep 10 2013 at 7:33 AM Rating: Good
Avatar
*
124 posts
agreed op.

what i would love to see is archer class branch between into 2 well known ff jobs,
1. ranger - full blown dd + lb to match
2. and bard (as is.)
i do not expect this , just a personal preferance :)



____________________________
http://i.imgur.com/FokEtHo.png
#6 Sep 10 2013 at 7:44 AM Rating: Good
Scholar
***
1,948 posts
There's Musketeers for full blown ranged dd. All the gun models are already in, the Guild was moved, but otherwise it was in. I just hope they put in Musketeer before adding new jobs, because that would surely make tons of people starting at lvl 1 all over again like ACN did.
____________________________




#7 Sep 10 2013 at 8:15 AM Rating: Good
*****
12,622 posts
My honest opinion is that the Bards limit break should be along the lines of Fenrir's stats boost spell from FFXI. It doesn't make sense for a Bard to come out of nowhere and drop a nuke on an enemy just as much as it doesn't make sense for it to have a healers LB.

A Bard is support, and there is plenty of wiggle room to make a supporting Limit Break.
____________________________
Blah
#8 Sep 10 2013 at 8:23 AM Rating: Good
Avatar
*
239 posts
KojiroSoma wrote:
Also because the Archer/Bard is usually the last person standing in the case of a wipe. A level 3 Limit Break will have everyone back on their feet instantly.

And also because this game has enough DD's already.


While I agree their limit break should be support based I disagree there are enough DD's in the game. I have recently started to play Brd and I have to say, it is a lot of fun and I enjoy pushing tanks to their max. I feel entitled since I am a career tank and enjoy someone pushing me to my tanking limits. I made a dungeon run last night and me and the tank were having fun pushing each other.

Brd is a badass DD, and I really enjoy the support they offer when needed. The idea of producing some pretty decent DPS numbers and then being able to support the group for a "small timeframe" then go back to DPS seems really appealing to me.
____________________________
Quote:
WAR has access to enough enmity gear and enough hate-inducing JA to aggro baby jesus.


Quote:
When I'm trying to decide what spell to cast I look at the mobs' weaknesses, check the day, check the weather and then calmly cast Thunder IV.
#9 Sep 10 2013 at 9:14 AM Rating: Good
Scholar
***
3,599 posts
I have saved my party so many times with the Whm LB.

I wouldn't have it any other way. You are support, just because we deal tons of damage. Also, I see a major nerf coming to bards and the addition of musketeer to Archer, but that's just me. But right now... the only people who can out DD me are better geared bards and Summoners.

Edited, Sep 10th 2013 11:15am by Louiscool
____________________________


#10 Sep 10 2013 at 9:42 AM Rating: Decent
Avatar
**
431 posts
Even if it doesn't make much sense at all I really like it that way.
I play as a WHM and my best friend as BRD and when **** hits the fan I can tell him via Skype to save our asses without stopping to focus on the tank.
Works really well for us even thought he would rather have a DPS LB ;)
____________________________
AlexisLucia wrote:
It's ok, my native language is Typo, so I probably would have understood.

#11 Sep 10 2013 at 10:03 AM Rating: Decent
**
337 posts
I think they should have a DPS Limit Break. They have support spells but they're still a DPS.
____________________________
FINAL FANTASY XIV: A Realm Reborn
Lucas Nox on Midgardsormr
#12 Sep 10 2013 at 10:27 AM Rating: Good
Scholar
Avatar
**
587 posts
Allestra wrote:
agreed op.
what i would love to see is archer class branch between into 2 well known ff jobs,
1. ranger - full blown dd + lb to match
2. and bard (as is.)
i do not expect this , just a personal preferance :)


This actually touches on something I've been thinking about lately.

As we see from the Arcanist class, I believe SE is setting up the possibility of branching every class into at least 2 directions.

I started another thread about this concept here:
http://ffxiv.zam.com/forum.html?forum=152&mid=1378830432241725376
____________________________
FFXIV
Vencedor Solares - 50 PLD

WoW
Vencedor - 85 Protection Paladin - Ner'zhul
Dancingedge - 85 Rogue - Ner'zhul

FFXI
Weran - 75SAM | 75THF | 100+2+3 Woodworking
#13 Sep 10 2013 at 10:58 AM Rating: Good
*
62 posts
The job is built around the fact that it already does a ton of damage without the LB. Giving it a DPS LB would mean you'd have to nerf the rest of the damage.
#14 Sep 11 2013 at 2:54 AM Rating: Good
Khornette wrote:
Cause BRD attack from distance, is a support class, and DPS Limit Break for Physical DPS require you to run up close.

Technically they can give BRD the Caster DPS Limit Break but whereas BRD replenish MP/TP the same way healer replenish HP, BRD doesn't nuke stuff up with magic.


Just give us a crazy *** sidewinder LB.
____________________________
Eithne Draocht
My IG: archaicmachinery - Friend me!
#15 Sep 11 2013 at 6:01 AM Rating: Good
Avatar
**
392 posts
Lefein wrote:
My honest opinion is that the Bards limit break should be along the lines of Fenrir's stats boost spell from FFXI. It doesn't make sense for a Bard to come out of nowhere and drop a nuke on an enemy just as much as it doesn't make sense for it to have a healers LB.

A Bard is support, and there is plenty of wiggle room to make a supporting Limit Break.


Drop a nuke from bard? How about a stronger version of Eagle Eye Shot? And why can't healers have a LB's? I have used my SCH's LB to prevent more then one wipe.
____________________________
"You are what you are on paper."
-
Avirex Idyll - Faerie Server
#16 Sep 11 2013 at 6:02 AM Rating: Good
Avatar
**
392 posts
Lefein wrote:
My honest opinion is that the Bards limit break should be along the lines of Fenrir's stats boost spell from FFXI. It doesn't make sense for a Bard to come out of nowhere and drop a nuke on an enemy just as much as it doesn't make sense for it to have a healers LB.

A Bard is support, and there is plenty of wiggle room to make a supporting Limit Break.


Drop a nuke from bard? How about a stronger version of Eagle Eye Shot? And why can't healers have a LB's? I have used my SCH's LB to prevent more then one wipe.
____________________________
"You are what you are on paper."
-
Avirex Idyll - Faerie Server
Reply To Thread

Colors Smileys Quote OriginalQuote Checked Help

 

Recent Visitors: 92 All times are in CDT
Anonymous Guests (92)