Forum Settings
       
Reply To Thread

Repair changes and other stuff comingFollow

#1 Sep 10 2013 at 9:24 AM Rating: Good
*
109 posts
Thread from the official forums.

Original:
Quote:

気軽にコンテンツに参加するための対策について
こんにちは。
開発チームでも現在、気軽にコンテンツに参加できない場合があることを認識しています。
そのための今後の対策をお伝えできる範囲でお知らせします。

修理費用およびダークマターの価格の大幅な値下げ
高レベル帯に重点を置きつつ、全般的に修理費用およびダークマターの価格を大幅に下げます。

高レベルダンジョンなどの参加条件にアイテムレベルを追加
高レベル向けのインスタンスダンジョンおよび蛮神戦などに参加する際、一定以上のアイテムレベルを持った装備品を装備していることが条件として追加されます。
これに伴い、キャラクターウィンドウに装備品のアイテムレベルの平均値を表示する仕組みを実装します。

パーティ募集ウィンドウの追加
自分のいるワールド限定でパーティを募集できる掲示板のような仕組みを導入します。募集の際には希望するダンジョン名や募集したいロール、レベルなどを登録することができます。
(詳細仕様は後日公開をお待ちください)
1については9月12日(木)のメンテナンス後、2と3についてはパッチ2.1以降に実装する予定です。


Google Translate:
Quote:

For measures to participate in the content feel free
Hi there

We are aware that there may not currently be able to participate in content willingly in the development team.
I will let you know in a range that can tell the future measures for that.

Significant reduction in the price of dark matter and repair costs
while focusing on high-level band, reduce significantly the price of dark matter and repair costs in general.

Add an item level to participation conditions, such as high-level dungeon
that when you participate in such蛮神war and instance dungeon of high level for, it has the equipment that has the item level or above will be added as a condition . Implement a mechanism As a result, display the average value of the item level of equipment in the character window.

Adding a party recruitment window
to introduce a mechanism, such as bulletin board that you can recruit party world that there is a limited myself. You can register roll you want to recruit and dungeon title you want, such as the level at the time of recruitment.
(For detailed specifications, please wait for the public at a later date)

After maintenance (Thursday), is scheduled to be implemented on the patch 2.1 and later for 2 and 3 September 12 for one.
#2 Sep 10 2013 at 9:33 AM Rating: Good
Avatar
***
2,550 posts
So the average item level will be a dungeon participation req. Interesting...
____________________________
Character Name: Valk Ayree
Server: Lamia; Free Company Leader - The Swarm (Swarm)
http://na.finalfantasyxiv.com/lodestone/character/1746889/
- Blue Mage? FTW? -
#3 Sep 10 2013 at 9:37 AM Rating: Good
Avatar
***
1,208 posts
Valkayree wrote:
So the average item level will be a dungeon participation req. Interesting...


Makes sense... if your gear is not good enough, you'll die and bring the group down... so why not just filter out those who don't meet the requirement to at least survive the dungeon prior to them dragging down the rest of the group unnecessarily.

Other games have gear scores in place for their dungeon finders, why not put this restriction in place to avoid the issue.
____________________________
The Kraken Club - (Ultros FC)
Character Name: Meat Mithkabob
#4 Sep 10 2013 at 9:43 AM Rating: Good
Sage
Avatar
**
352 posts
Will that be on all dungeons, or just the level 50 hardmode?
____________________________
Goblin: http://na.finalfantasyxiv.com/lodestone/character/2192910/
Beastmaster ~<3 Cant wait.
Gold smithing till the day i die!
#5 Sep 10 2013 at 9:43 AM Rating: Good
Avatar
**
655 posts
Im happy about the changes no more people disbanding partys due to 1 o 2 players not being geared enough.
#6 Sep 10 2013 at 9:46 AM Rating: Good
***
3,438 posts
IMFW wrote:
Will that be on all dungeons, or just the level 50 hardmode?


It says high level dungeons, so depending on what "high level" means.. my guess would be level 50 content.
____________________________
svlyons wrote:
If random outcomes aren't acceptable to you, then don't play with random people.
#7 Sep 10 2013 at 9:48 AM Rating: Excellent
Avatar
***
1,208 posts
Well hopefully this means an end to the non-stop threads in the official forum about the broken economy too.
____________________________
The Kraken Club - (Ultros FC)
Character Name: Meat Mithkabob
#8 Sep 10 2013 at 9:48 AM Rating: Decent
Avatar
****
4,775 posts
Hairspray wrote:

Makes sense... if your gear is not good enough, you'll die and bring the group down... so why not just filter out those who don't meet the requirement to at least survive the dungeon prior to them dragging down the rest of the group unnecessarily.

Other games have gear scores in place for their dungeon finders, why not put this restriction in place to avoid the issue.


I share your concern, but let's be very careful in how this is applied to the game. We don't want elitism to ruin the game either. I'm not saying this is the goal of this system, but you know how people are and will adapt it to this end. Upon my return to FFXI shortly before FFXIV was launched, I was very disappointed by the community belief that you were required to have a relic weapon to participate with the good groups. It was so annoying they wanted you to have a weapon/item you only get from the zone itself. So that's like putting the carriage in front of the horse here. I'll all for positive changes to the game, but this change must be positive for players of all types. There is a difference between being gimped and just average. I'm concerned there will be no such distinction once you can filter people out by gear. It might start at gear levels, but we all know what follows.

Edited, Sep 10th 2013 10:49am by ShadowedgeFFXI
#9 Sep 10 2013 at 9:53 AM Rating: Good
***
3,438 posts
Hairspray wrote:
Well hopefully this means an end to the non-stop threads in the official forum about the broken economy too.


Right...

Quote:
We don't want elitism to ruin the game either.


When someone is physically incapable of completing content, or contributing meaningfully because of a lack of gear, that's not elitism, it's math.

Quote:
It was so annoying they wanted you to have a weapon/item you only get from the zone itself.


That's not elitism either, it's idiocy.
____________________________
svlyons wrote:
If random outcomes aren't acceptable to you, then don't play with random people.
#10 Sep 10 2013 at 9:54 AM Rating: Excellent
Avatar
***
1,208 posts
ShadowedgeFFXI wrote:
Hairspray wrote:

Makes sense... if your gear is not good enough, you'll die and bring the group down... so why not just filter out those who don't meet the requirement to at least survive the dungeon prior to them dragging down the rest of the group unnecessarily.

Other games have gear scores in place for their dungeon finders, why not put this restriction in place to avoid the issue.


I share your concern, but let's be very careful in how this is applied to the game. We don't want elitism to ruin the game either. I'm not saying this is the goal of this system, but you know how people are and will adapt it to this end. Upon my return to FFXI shortly before FFXIV was launched, I was very disappointed by the community belief that you were required to have a relic weapon to participate with the good groups. It was so annoying they wanted you to have a weapon/item you only get from the zone itself. So that's like putting the carriage in front of the horse here. I'll all for positive chances to the game, but this change must be positive for players of all types. There is a difference between being gimped and just average. I'm concerned there will be no such distinction once you can filter people out by gear. It might start at gear levels, but we all know what follows.


You misunderstand. Putting a system in place to keep people from even queuing up for content they are not at a minimum gear level for would actually help stop harassment because it would make it a simple number you either are above the minimum number or you are not... The server determines this not the players.

You cannot stop players from checking gear and so forth when forming groups on their own... but for Duty Finder it would be a simple algorithm that determines if you qualify to queue up or not.

It's a good thing in my opinion. This system, just like Duty Finder, is not new or unique to this game... I'm actually surprised Yoshi didn't have it from the start considering how freely he has taken the good ideas from other MMO's to make this game. It has made things more fair in other games for players to get to do content. Simply queue up and you're good to go as long as you have the required level of gear on.

____________________________
The Kraken Club - (Ultros FC)
Character Name: Meat Mithkabob
#11 Sep 10 2013 at 9:56 AM Rating: Default
*
109 posts
It would be cool if the ilvl req was optional or the party leader could control it with a slider or something.

It looks like the repair/DM changes are going in with tomorrow's maintenance, hopefully they will be in line with the amount of gil received from battle leves so combat classes can sustain themselves which should alleviate a lot of people's concerns about running out of gil while being able to have fun on their own terms. The other two look like they are going in after 2.1? My Japanese speaking friend is currently asleep but I'm sure someone can translate that last part google translate is a little wonky.

I'd like to think the stuff gathered from the coming dailies will be focused on going towards PC housing since apparently a house is going to cost like 900k (3x the cost of leveling to 50).
#12 Sep 10 2013 at 9:59 AM Rating: Good
******
48,703 posts
KingoGoodbomber wrote:
It would be cool if the ilvl req was optional or the party leader could control it with a slider or something.
What would be the incentive to slide it down and not just leave it at the maximum?
____________________________
George Carlin wrote:
I think it’s the duty of the comedian to find out where the line is drawn and cross it deliberately.
#13 Sep 10 2013 at 10:03 AM Rating: Default
*
109 posts
lolgaxe wrote:
KingoGoodbomber wrote:
It would be cool if the ilvl req was optional or the party leader could control it with a slider or something.
What would be the incentive to slide it down and not just leave it at the maximum?

Well, they could start it at the min and then let people increase it as their gear gets better. The party could probably assume and expect more from a group with the slider moved up. Just an option for nuance instead of a yay or nay threshold.
#14 Sep 10 2013 at 10:08 AM Rating: Default
*
109 posts
Apparently all three will be in tomorrow's maintenance.
#15 Sep 10 2013 at 10:12 AM Rating: Good
**
337 posts
I guess I won't be doing dungeons in my swimwear anymore.
____________________________
FINAL FANTASY XIV: A Realm Reborn
Lucas Nox on Midgardsormr
#16 Sep 10 2013 at 10:12 AM Rating: Good
***
2,120 posts
Hairspray wrote:
ShadowedgeFFXI wrote:
Hairspray wrote:

Makes sense... if your gear is not good enough, you'll die and bring the group down... so why not just filter out those who don't meet the requirement to at least survive the dungeon prior to them dragging down the rest of the group unnecessarily.

Other games have gear scores in place for their dungeon finders, why not put this restriction in place to avoid the issue.


I share your concern, but let's be very careful in how this is applied to the game. We don't want elitism to ruin the game either. I'm not saying this is the goal of this system, but you know how people are and will adapt it to this end. Upon my return to FFXI shortly before FFXIV was launched, I was very disappointed by the community belief that you were required to have a relic weapon to participate with the good groups. It was so annoying they wanted you to have a weapon/item you only get from the zone itself. So that's like putting the carriage in front of the horse here. I'll all for positive chances to the game, but this change must be positive for players of all types. There is a difference between being gimped and just average. I'm concerned there will be no such distinction once you can filter people out by gear. It might start at gear levels, but we all know what follows.


You misunderstand. Putting a system in place to keep people from even queuing up for content they are not at a minimum gear level for would actually help stop harassment because it would make it a simple number you either are above the minimum number or you are not... The server determines this not the players.

You cannot stop players from checking gear and so forth when forming groups on their own... but for Duty Finder it would be a simple algorithm that determines if you qualify to queue up or not.

It's a good thing in my opinion. This system, just like Duty Finder, is not new or unique to this game... I'm actually surprised Yoshi didn't have it from the start considering how freely he has taken the good ideas from other MMO's to make this game. It has made things more fair in other games for players to get to do content. Simply queue up and you're good to go as long as you have the required level of gear on.


Yup. It gives some direction for new 50s finishing the main storyline as well. As it is now you open up some options that would be better to wait on. Seeing those gear requirements up front will let you know that.
#17 Sep 10 2013 at 10:13 AM Rating: Decent
Avatar
***
1,208 posts
LucasNox wrote:
I guess I won't be doing dungeons in my swimwear anymore.


This is why they need the option to wear the good armor and have the style reflect whatever you wish to look like.... DCUO had this and it was my favorite part of the game.
____________________________
The Kraken Club - (Ultros FC)
Character Name: Meat Mithkabob
#18 Sep 10 2013 at 10:16 AM Rating: Decent
*
109 posts
From Translation Thread on SE forum:

Quote:
Hello,
Currently the dev team also knows that there are times you can’t easily join contents, please let me explain how we are going to address this matter.

修理費用およびダークマターの価格の大幅な値下げ
Greatly lowering repair costs and Dark Matter prices.


高レベル帯に重点を置きつつ、全般的に修理費用およびダークマターの価格を大幅に下げます。
Carefully looking into high levels, we will greatly lower the overall repair costs and dark matter prices.


高レベルダンジョンなどの参加条件にアイテムレベルを追加
Add item level requirement for participation for high level dungeons.


高レベル向けのインスタンスダンジョンおよび蛮神戦などに参加する際、一定以上のアイテムレベルを持った装備品を装備していることが条件として追加されます。これに伴い、キャラクターウィンドウに装備品のアイテムレベルの平均値を表示する仕組みを実装します。
We will be adding a minimum gear item level requirement when participating in high level instanced dungeons or primal battles, We will be adding a feature which shows the characters average gear item level in the character window.


パーティ募集ウィンドウの追加
Adding a party invitation window


自分のいるワールド限定でパーティを募集できる掲示板のような仕組みを導入します。募集の際には希望するダンジョン名や募集したいロール、レベルなどを登録することができます。
(詳細仕様は後日公開をお待ちください)
We will be implementing a feature similar to a bulletin board where you can request for party members with players in your own world. When requesting, you will be able to put the dungeon name, role, level information.
(Detailed information to follow at a later time.)


1については9月12日(木)のメンテナンス後、2と3についてはパッチ2.1以降に実装する予定です。
First one will be implemented in 9/12’s maintenance, for 2&3 these are planned to be released in post 2.1.
#19 Sep 10 2013 at 10:24 AM Rating: Decent
**
589 posts
lolgaxe wrote:
KingoGoodbomber wrote:
It would be cool if the ilvl req was optional or the party leader could control it with a slider or something.
What would be the incentive to slide it down and not just leave it at the maximum?


I see this as good AND bad. What are the current limiting factors for DF to work? Right now I would say that's having a tank queue up behind a healer. Now add more limiting factors. Sure it would be great if everyone has max iLvl, but now you have removed people who would like to run it to learn out the pool. So a slider would be nice imho
#20 Sep 10 2013 at 10:26 AM Rating: Decent
Avatar
****
4,775 posts
Hairspray wrote:


You misunderstand. Putting a system in place to keep people from even queuing up for content they are not at a minimum gear level for would actually help stop harassment because it would make it a simple number you either are above the minimum number or you are not... The server determines this not the players.

You cannot stop players from checking gear and so forth when forming groups on their own... but for Duty Finder it would be a simple algorithm that determines if you qualify to queue up or not.

It's a good thing in my opinion. This system, just like Duty Finder, is not new or unique to this game... I'm actually surprised Yoshi didn't have it from the start considering how freely he has taken the good ideas from other MMO's to make this game. It has made things more fair in other games for players to get to do content. Simply queue up and you're good to go as long as you have the required level of gear on.



I feel much better about this now. I wasn't sure how it would be implicated is all. Thanks man.
#21 Sep 10 2013 at 10:33 AM Rating: Excellent
***
3,178 posts
Quote:
We currently have a target setting that will allow you to filter out what can be targeted by pressing the X key. However, we've determined that there is a bug with this setting which is scheduled to be addressed in the next hot fix.

Once this has been addressed, you should be able to use the X key as a target filter button and you can customize this to ignore minions.

We'll let you know once this has been addressed and we apologize for any inconvenience.
#22 Sep 10 2013 at 12:42 PM Rating: Decent
9 posts
My guess is this...

People may or may not be able to see your item level gear rating. However, if you go to do the duty finder, I'm willing to bet you'll get a red overlay screen like when you leave a dungeon early and can't join for 15 minutes. In this case though, it'll just tell "you" and only you, that your gear is insufficient for the dungeon your trying to get into.
#23 Sep 10 2013 at 12:56 PM Rating: Good
Avatar
***
1,208 posts
Gnu wrote:
Quote:
We currently have a target setting that will allow you to filter out what can be targeted by pressing the X key. However, we've determined that there is a bug with this setting which is scheduled to be addressed in the next hot fix.

Once this has been addressed, you should be able to use the X key as a target filter button and you can customize this to ignore minions.

We'll let you know once this has been addressed and we apologize for any inconvenience.


This would be awesome!

Where did you see this at? I did not see it mentioned in the OP.
____________________________
The Kraken Club - (Ultros FC)
Character Name: Meat Mithkabob
#24 Sep 10 2013 at 1:01 PM Rating: Excellent
***
3,178 posts
Hairspray wrote:
This would be awesome!

Where did you see this at? I did not see it mentioned in the OP.


Was looking through the DEV tracker on the Official forums. Figured it fit under "other stuff coming". :)

Here, and then scroll down a bit for the Dev post:
http://forum.square-enix.com/ffxiv/threads/70697-Some-suggestions-mostly-quality-of-life-obvious-things?p=1207327#post1207327
#25 Sep 10 2013 at 1:08 PM Rating: Good
Avatar
***
1,208 posts
Gnu wrote:
Hairspray wrote:
This would be awesome!

Where did you see this at? I did not see it mentioned in the OP.


Was looking through the DEV tracker on the Official forums. Figured it fit under "other stuff coming". :)

Here, and then scroll down a bit for the Dev post:
http://forum.square-enix.com/ffxiv/threads/70697-Some-suggestions-mostly-quality-of-life-obvious-things?p=1207327#post1207327


That would be fantastic!!! I can't wait... targeting is my number one complaint on PS3.
____________________________
The Kraken Club - (Ultros FC)
Character Name: Meat Mithkabob
#26 Sep 10 2013 at 1:15 PM Rating: Good
Sage
Avatar
**
448 posts
While I understand the use of this and agree with it, making your game rely solely on gear for different dungeons is IMHO, a lazy way to go. It is too easy just to make better gear and more HP/harder hitting mobs in dungeons. Instead of making the challenges inherent with the dungeon such as having small pizzles to figure out opening gates or pulling mobs toward a fount to lower defenses, you just get by with the changing the mob's stats.

I have always had an issue with gearscore being the entryway to content rather than the player's ability... But this is obviously the avenue to capture more players regardless of skill level...now it just takes farming (I.e., time invested). Disappointing news, but I understand the reasoning.
____________________________
"We're getting close, real close. And now for some more bad news... Ready?"
-- Egg Shen
#27 Sep 10 2013 at 1:22 PM Rating: Decent
***
3,438 posts
Quote:
I have always had an issue with gearscore being the entryway to content rather than the player's ability... But this is obviously the avenue to capture more players regardless of skill level...now it just takes farming (I.e., time invested). Disappointing news, but I understand the reasoning.


Sure, that's better.. but how do you quantify that in the context of random matchmaking?
____________________________
svlyons wrote:
If random outcomes aren't acceptable to you, then don't play with random people.
#28 Sep 10 2013 at 1:39 PM Rating: Good
***
3,178 posts
Refews wrote:
While I understand the use of this and agree with it, making your game rely solely on gear for different dungeons is IMHO, a lazy way to go. It is too easy just to make better gear and more HP/harder hitting mobs in dungeons. Instead of making the challenges inherent with the dungeon such as having small pizzles to figure out opening gates or pulling mobs toward a fount to lower defenses, you just get by with the changing the mob's stats.

I have always had an issue with gearscore being the entryway to content rather than the player's ability... But this is obviously the avenue to capture more players regardless of skill level...now it just takes farming (I.e., time invested). Disappointing news, but I understand the reasoning.


I'm fairly certain the gameplay itself changes dramatically form Story mode to Hard Mode. I hear my LS mates talking about what the bosses do differently.

I think the average gear score is just a piece of the overall puzzle, and further, from what Yoshida has posted it will play a much bigger role in Extreme Mode fights than it does for the current content.
#29 Sep 10 2013 at 2:08 PM Rating: Good
Avatar
**
491 posts
Gnu wrote:
Quote:
We currently have a target setting that will allow you to filter out what can be targeted by pressing the X key. However, we've determined that there is a bug with this setting which is scheduled to be addressed in the next hot fix.

Once this has been addressed, you should be able to use the X key as a target filter button and you can customize this to ignore minions.

We'll let you know once this has been addressed and we apologize for any inconvenience.


Please tell me when you say X key, you are talking about the X button on the PS3 pad (or the A button on 360) That was one of my biggest gripes, that it was not working as intended. Hopefully, if that is what your post meant, you can filter those **** summons and carbies out, too. I will dance for joy and it will be glorious.
#30 Sep 10 2013 at 2:37 PM Rating: Excellent
**
259 posts
I appreciate that repairs are being reduced as well as dark matter, but I hope they bring back the option to repair other player's gear too. Just have a PC repair cost be a little more than the cost of the dark matter, but less than NPC repairs. That way players can still repair each other's gear while players in a hurry can just use NPC's.

It just seems silly to me that you have to level up all crafts in order to use dark matter for all your gear.
#31 Sep 10 2013 at 8:52 PM Rating: Decent
25 posts
I talk about the changes in the link below if anyone is interested as to my opinion on the changes and why they were needed!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=oIjIEGOcPrw&feature=youtu.be
____________________________
Safehouse Gaming up and running! HEAPS of FFXIV vids and fun stuff going on so check it out :D
http://www.youtube.com/channel/UCnKd0Hk85CQ_N04Ae7v5zZg
#32 Sep 10 2013 at 10:33 PM Rating: Good
Avatar
*
150 posts
So basically we need someone to translate the google translation into readable English.

Big fan of the repair cost nerf, might make GIL less valuable, but a im playing 1500 GIL for a slight repair on my gear...id hate to see a full repair bill, im not even 50 yet either so I still have some quests to give me gold (yes I craft and gather for GIL but for those who don't...endgame repairs would be a nightmare)
#33 Sep 10 2013 at 10:40 PM Rating: Good
Scholar
***
3,599 posts
ShadowedgeFFXI wrote:
Hairspray wrote:

Makes sense... if your gear is not good enough, you'll die and bring the group down... so why not just filter out those who don't meet the requirement to at least survive the dungeon prior to them dragging down the rest of the group unnecessarily.

Other games have gear scores in place for their dungeon finders, why not put this restriction in place to avoid the issue.


I share your concern, but let's be very careful in how this is applied to the game. We don't want elitism to ruin the game either. I'm not saying this is the goal of this system, but you know how people are and will adapt it to this end. Upon my return to FFXI shortly before FFXIV was launched, I was very disappointed by the community belief that you were required to have a relic weapon to participate with the good groups. It was so annoying they wanted you to have a weapon/item you only get from the zone itself. So that's like putting the carriage in front of the horse here. I'll all for positive changes to the game, but this change must be positive for players of all types. There is a difference between being gimped and just average. I'm concerned there will be no such distinction once you can filter people out by gear. It might start at gear levels, but we all know what follows.

Edited, Sep 10th 2013 10:49am by ShadowedgeFFXI


You have full af level 50 weapon people showing up for Titan. It's mathematically impossible to win that. That is why people are fanatical about gear, because at the end-endgame right now, 1 piece of dead weight will ruin the run.
____________________________


#34 Sep 10 2013 at 10:57 PM Rating: Decent
***
3,530 posts
Huh, so SE caved with the repair costs.

This potentially seems short-sighted to me, since they also said they would be adding in repeatable daily quests soon. The two together seems like overkill.


Edited, Sep 11th 2013 12:59am by KaneKitty
____________________________
"... he called to himself a wizard, named Gallery, hoping by this means to escape the paying of the fifteen hundred crowns..." (Machen 15)

"Thus opium is pleasing... on account of the agreeable delirium it produces." (Burke para.6)

"I could only read so much for this paper and the syphilis poem had to go."
#35 Sep 10 2013 at 11:12 PM Rating: Excellent
Scholar
***
3,653 posts
KaneKitty wrote:
Huh, so SE caved with the repair costs.


I wouldn't quite call it "caved". At lvl 50 it costs more to repair gear with crafting than it does to repair it at the NPC. That at least needed fixing, in a big way, so people are encouraged to level crafting and buy repair mats through the market.

Whether they've actually structured it in such a way remains to be seen.
____________________________
I tell you, we are here on Earth to **** around, and don’t let anybody tell you different.
#36 Sep 10 2013 at 11:18 PM Rating: Good
Scholar
***
1,948 posts
blowfin wrote:
KaneKitty wrote:
Huh, so SE caved with the repair costs.


I wouldn't quite call it "caved". At lvl 50 it costs more to repair gear with crafting than it does to repair it at the NPC. That at least needed fixing, in a big way, so people are encouraged to level crafting and buy repair mats through the market.

Whether they've actually structured it in such a way remains to be seen.


No, at lvl 50+ repair 100% at NPC cost 500+ gil while DM 5 only cost 350 gil.
____________________________




#37 Sep 10 2013 at 11:34 PM Rating: Decent
Scholar
***
3,653 posts
Khornette wrote:
blowfin wrote:
KaneKitty wrote:
Huh, so SE caved with the repair costs.


I wouldn't quite call it "caved". At lvl 50 it costs more to repair gear with crafting than it does to repair it at the NPC. That at least needed fixing, in a big way, so people are encouraged to level crafting and buy repair mats through the market.

Whether they've actually structured it in such a way remains to be seen.


No, at lvl 50+ repair 100% at NPC cost 500+ gil while DM 5 only cost 350 gil.


Why are people saying it's the case then? It seems to be one of the main drives behind all the whining about repair costs. Maybe they're factoring in actually leveling that craft too?
____________________________
I tell you, we are here on Earth to **** around, and don’t let anybody tell you different.
#38 Sep 10 2013 at 11:55 PM Rating: Decent
Scholar
***
1,948 posts
Probably because they want 100% self sufficient playing DoW/DoM, including require zero crafting item (already happening), zero consumables (already happening) and zero repair (will be happening).
Next there will be posts asking for more gil drop from leve/dungeon because apparently the reduction in repair still hasn't fixed the problem, and FC House apparently will cost 900k+ gil (1/3 of my whole wealth and like 300k more than the pointy stick i'm poking stuff with, dang).

Edited, Sep 11th 2013 1:56am by Khornette
____________________________




#39 Sep 11 2013 at 10:27 AM Rating: Decent
*
109 posts
Khornette wrote:
Probably because they want 100% self sufficient playing DoW/DoM, including require zero crafting item (already happening), zero consumables (already happening) and zero repair (will be happening).
Next there will be posts asking for more gil drop from leve/dungeon because apparently the reduction in repair still hasn't fixed the problem, and FC House apparently will cost 900k+ gil (1/3 of my whole wealth and like 300k more than the pointy stick i'm poking stuff with, dang).

Edited, Sep 11th 2013 1:56am by Khornette

Wow, bitter much?
#40 Sep 11 2013 at 10:31 AM Rating: Decent
*****
12,622 posts
I think this is a great idea. Now there is some additional incentive to take on crafting skills.
____________________________
Blah
#41 Sep 11 2013 at 11:58 AM Rating: Default
*
249 posts
DF item level retrictions isnt going to stop the ******** in the df who ragequit AK because someone isnt full darklight. I am seeing this far too often. When did all the douches from WoW migrate over and when will they leave?
#42 Sep 11 2013 at 12:54 PM Rating: Decent
*
109 posts
ShadowofaDoubt wrote:
DF item level retrictions isnt going to stop the @#%^s in the df who ragequit AK because someone isnt full darklight. I am seeing this far too often. When did all the douches from WoW migrate over and when will they leave?

They didn't, they've always been there and always will be. It's not 2004 anymore, they are part of every MMO (of which there are hundreds now) and not exclusive to WoW.

The idea that the FF community is different from wow (or any other MMO for that matter) is simply a myth. Especially at this point when a majority of the playerbase is not 50 and so the ones that are 50 are more likely to be hardcore "serious business" douche rushers with little patience or tolerance and large amounts of ADD.

I use the example of the 1017 to show that the FF community is just as selfish as any other MMO community. If the community was as selfless as normally implied then so many people wouldn't have stayed logged on for days straight so they could take a break and spend a few hours jerking off to hentai without worrying about being locked out. If they were as selfless as implied they would log out before jerking off so other people who just got done jerking off can have a few hours of fun.

People are just ******** no matter what environment you put them it. That's why there are FC and friends lists and blacklists and stuff to deal with them.

#43 Sep 11 2013 at 1:03 PM Rating: Good
***
3,438 posts
KingoGoodbomber wrote:
Bile


You seem bitter.

Maybe you need a cookie? Smiley: cookie
____________________________
svlyons wrote:
If random outcomes aren't acceptable to you, then don't play with random people.
#44 Sep 11 2013 at 1:07 PM Rating: Default
*
109 posts
Archmage Callinon wrote:
KingoGoodbomber wrote:
Bile


You seem bitter.

Maybe you need a cookie? Smiley: cookie

This is funny coming from someone who gets off trying to shame strangers with holier-than-thou condescending lectures about cheaters.

You seem to have a problem understanding the meaning of words. Is English not your first language? First you misunderstand and conflate the difference between subjectivity and objectivity and now you seem to misunderstand the meaning of the word reality and have it confused with the word bitter.

Edited, Sep 11th 2013 3:08pm by KingoGoodbomber
#45 Sep 11 2013 at 2:25 PM Rating: Good
Avatar
**
310 posts
Khornette wrote:
Probably because they want 100% self sufficient playing DoW/DoM, including require zero crafting item (already happening), zero consumables (already happening) and zero repair (will be happening).
Next there will be posts asking for more gil drop from leve/dungeon because apparently the reduction in repair still hasn't fixed the problem, and FC House apparently will cost 900k+ gil (1/3 of my whole wealth and like 300k more than the pointy stick i'm poking stuff with, dang).

Edited, Sep 11th 2013 1:56am by Khornette


You don`t seem to get it, the biggest(like 90%) source of gil influx(aka, from the game to players, not from player to player like market) are quests and those are limited, the other options are leves which give lame rewards and are limited and selling items to npc which gives low gil, on the other hand we have sinks(most notably market tax and repairs) which get VERY heavy later on, ive heard of 5k gil cost for repairing endgame gear.

fact is, quests will end sometime, specially when the 1st month players leave to the next cool thing, when that happens, the costs with repairing will be far too heavy and can cause a crash.

edit: for gil influx theres also allagan pieces, but their drops are terrible(i got bronze pieces from stone vigil for example)

Edited, Sep 11th 2013 4:28pm by MitArgento
#46 Sep 11 2013 at 3:57 PM Rating: Good
Avatar
***
2,550 posts
Hairspray wrote:
LucasNox wrote:
I guess I won't be doing dungeons in my swimwear anymore.


This is why they need the option to wear the good armor and have the style reflect whatever you wish to look like.... DCUO had this and it was my favorite part of the game.


They are doing that in Dragon Age III as well, so it is even being worked into offline games.
____________________________
Character Name: Valk Ayree
Server: Lamia; Free Company Leader - The Swarm (Swarm)
http://na.finalfantasyxiv.com/lodestone/character/1746889/
- Blue Mage? FTW? -
Reply To Thread

Colors Smileys Quote OriginalQuote Checked Help

 

Recent Visitors: 61 All times are in CST
Anonymous Guests (61)