Forum Settings
       
Reply To Thread

Further Server and System Improvements (Yoshida)Follow

#1 Sep 10 2013 at 11:30 AM Rating: Excellent
***
3,178 posts
Quote:

Further Server and System Improvements

As we continue to address server issues, I would like to follow up on my previous announcement regarding the measures being taken to improve this situation.

With the maintenance completed on September 4, we have increased the number of concurrent connections allowed across all Worlds by roughly 60,000 users. For the time being, however, we believe it necessary to maintain login and character creation restrictions, even though they have inconvenienced many of our players.

With the exception of recently added Worlds, each World can now support 7,300 to 7,800 simultaneous logins. Further increasing this limit runs the risk of causing severe lag in all zones. We will continue monitoring server loads to ensure a stable playing environment as we move forward with our plans.

Following the increase in server capacity, we reached 325,000 simultaneous logins, and we anticipate that this number will only increase. Therefore, as our development and operations teams continue to work towards a full-scale upgrade of our servers and systems in order to accommodate more players, we will continue our suspension of digital sales of the game.

During this time, we will be monitoring connections during peak times for each data center. Once we have confirmed that all Worlds and the zones within them are stable, we will continue to monitor server loads and populations in real time as we prepare to upgrade our servers and make other extensive improvements.

The following is a general outline of our major goals to improve overall server and system stability. Specific details will be announced as soon as they are available.

1. Substantially increase the number of Worlds.
2. Create a third duty finder group to further alleviate server stress.
3. Increase the number of servers used for instances.


Even with the increased capacity of all Worlds, the number of simultaneous logins is still reaching the limit. Because increasing server capacity further would result in significant stress to individual zones, frequent restrictions on character creation have been necessary for the most heavily populated Worlds.

Furthermore, since simply adding new Worlds would heavily stress the Duty Finder system, a significant increase to the number of Worlds will be accompanied by the creation of a third Duty Finder group for each data center. We will also increase the number of servers used for instances. We believe these steps will allow for a marked increase in the number of concurrent connections our servers can maintain.

With that said, we have also noticed that many players are leaving their characters idle in game due to the login restrictions we have set in place to maintain server stability. In response to requests to address this issue, we are working to implement a feature that will automatically log out characters that are idle for a prolonged period of time.

The above improvements are scheduled to be implemented next week. We will make an announcement at the beginning of next week with further details.

4. Commence World transfer service.

In addition to our above plans to improve server stability, we will begin service for World transfers. Players who were unable to join their desired World due to character creation restrictions will now be able to move to a World of their choosing.

We realize many players would like to play together with their friends, and preparations for the World transfer service are a top priority. We are also working towards resuming digital sales for those who had planned to purchase the game but were unable to do so.

5. Begin large-scale improvements for long term operations.

Next year will see the PlayStation 4 release and another influx of players. In order to ensure the best experience for all of our customers and customers-to-be, we are carefully monitoring our operations as we continue planning extensive changes to improve the game.

Again, we sincerely apologize for any inconveniences caused by the current restrictions to logins, character creation, and digital sales. I assure you that our entire company is working tirelessly to improve your gaming experience, and we hope we can count on your continued support.

FINAL FANTASY XIV: A Realm Reborn Producer & Director Naoki Yoshida


I may have missed this being posted here, although I doubt it. It looks like this is the outline for the patch coming Thursday.

- The Duty Finder will be split into 3.
- Auto-logout coming this week
- Confirmed again that World Transfers coming (but sadly it is not in the section to be implemented this week)
#2 Sep 10 2013 at 11:54 AM Rating: Excellent
Hopefully this helps some of the dungeon issues. Was doing Dzemael Darkhold yesterday, last boss was doing his single target attack, everyone was clearly out of the way, still getting hit and one shotted. Getting frustrating losing to lag, especially for attacks that you have 0 chance to recover from when they hit you.
____________________________

#3 Sep 10 2013 at 12:30 PM Rating: Excellent
Montsegurnephcreep wrote:
Hopefully this helps some of the dungeon issues. Was doing Dzemael Darkhold yesterday, last boss was doing his single target attack, everyone was clearly out of the way, still getting hit and one shotted. Getting frustrating losing to lag, especially for attacks that you have 0 chance to recover from when they hit you.


I got insulted by the healer on that encounter with the non targetable buddies that throw boulders down at you while you are fighting the boss. I was weaving in and out like a master, dodging multiple red circles and boss attacks on my screen, while the healer only saw me running around in the bad.
After we wiped they told me I wasn't there to 'faceroll my lancer skills', whatever that means. I told them that on my screen I was evading pretty much everything, and the awesome tank admitted to having lag as well. Strangely, the healer died the next try before anyone else, but I guess that was an anomoly since a faceroll dps wasn't involved.

Side note: I get a little sick of the holier than thou attitude from the insta-queuers.
____________________________
FFXIV - Neo Geo (formerly Droxy Durango)
FFXI - Brit *Manly man on the Fairy server*
{Retired for good in 2010 after the server transfer and forced name change)

#4 Sep 10 2013 at 12:58 PM Rating: Excellent
***
3,178 posts
Curious who rated the thread down (and why?). But then, the information is being shared and that's the real purpose here.
#5 Sep 10 2013 at 1:10 PM Rating: Excellent
Chialing wrote:
Montsegurnephcreep wrote:
Hopefully this helps some of the dungeon issues. Was doing Dzemael Darkhold yesterday, last boss was doing his single target attack, everyone was clearly out of the way, still getting hit and one shotted. Getting frustrating losing to lag, especially for attacks that you have 0 chance to recover from when they hit you.


I got insulted by the healer on that encounter with the non targetable buddies that throw boulders down at you while you are fighting the boss. I was weaving in and out like a master, dodging multiple red circles and boss attacks on my screen, while the healer only saw me running around in the bad.
After we wiped they told me I wasn't there to 'faceroll my lancer skills', whatever that means. I told them that on my screen I was evading pretty much everything, and the awesome tank admitted to having lag as well. Strangely, the healer died the next try before anyone else, but I guess that was an anomoly since a faceroll dps wasn't involved.

Side note: I get a little sick of the holier than thou attitude from the insta-queuers.


Ya, at first I initially thought, maybe it's just me being ***. Then the tank dropped, and bard, and whm, and they all said the same thing, way out of range but getting smacked.
____________________________

#6 Sep 10 2013 at 1:15 PM Rating: Excellent
Avatar
***
1,208 posts
Gnu wrote:
Curious who rated the thread down (and why?). But then, the information is being shared and that's the real purpose here.


Don't worry Gnu, I countered the negative karma... some people just don't like good news?

Lol just thought of something... "No Gnus is good Gnus with Gary Gnu!"
____________________________
The Kraken Club - (Ultros FC)
Character Name: Meat Mithkabob
#7 Sep 10 2013 at 1:34 PM Rating: Excellent
***
3,178 posts
Hairspray wrote:
Gnu wrote:
Curious who rated the thread down (and why?). But then, the information is being shared and that's the real purpose here.


Don't worry Gnu, I countered the negative karma... some people just don't like good news?

Lol just thought of something... "No Gnus is good Gnus with Gary Gnu!"


Lmao. Yeah, good gnus.

I'm really really thinking that the Thursday patch is going to improve things on a number of fronts. When you think about the timing so far, it's pretty impressive what they have been able to pull off in just the two weeks since launch. I really like how Yoshida takes full responsibility for the too-low sales forecasts (the root of most of the server woes). What a classy guys he is. He literally caries the whole world of Eorzea on his shoulders.

That would be an awesome piece of art. Planet Eorzea with Yoshida holding it up like Atlas!
#8 Sep 10 2013 at 2:39 PM Rating: Excellent
Needs More Smut
******
21,262 posts
I think the board at SE is likely to give Yoshi P at most a "tsk tsk" and finger wag for having his product so vastly exceed sales forecasts that they couldn't handle the demand.

Then they'll give him a nice fat bonus check for having a product so vastly exceed sales forecasts that they couldn't handle the demand. Smiley: laugh
____________________________
FFXI: Catwho on Bismarck: Retired December 2014
Thayos wrote:
I can't understand anyone who skips the cutscenes of a Final Fantasy game. That's like going to Texas and not getting barbecue.

FFXIV: Katarh Mest and Taprara Rara on Lamia Server - Member of The Swarm
Curator of the XIV Wallpapers Tumblr and the XIV Fashion Tumblr
#9 Sep 10 2013 at 2:53 PM Rating: Excellent
Hairspray wrote:
Gnu wrote:
Curious who rated the thread down (and why?). But then, the information is being shared and that's the real purpose here.


Don't worry Gnu, I countered the negative karma... some people just don't like good news?

Lol just thought of something... "No Gnus is good Gnus with Gary Gnu!"


I would rate you up for the Great Space Coaster reference if I could
#10 Sep 10 2013 at 3:11 PM Rating: Excellent
Guru
Avatar
*****
11,054 posts
Gnu wrote:
Curious who rated the thread down (and why?). But then, the information is being shared and that's the real purpose here.

I could think of a few people from the XI boards who'd come here solely out of spite for any possible success and improvements to XIV.


Anyway, I've had the lag death issue on some bosses, too. Died a couple times to Isegbind 's breath attack in SV yesterday despite standing perpendicular to its front legs or further back. Had a Garuda death in her last phase, too, but I'm willing to chalk that up to me not knowing her mechanics despite us clearing.
____________________________
Violence good. **** bad. Yay America.
Reply To Thread

Colors Smileys Quote OriginalQuote Checked Help

 

Recent Visitors: 103 All times are in CDT
Anonymous Guests (103)