Forum Settings
       
Reply To Thread

craft lvlingFollow

#1 Sep 10 2013 at 5:20 PM Rating: Default
****
4,957 posts
is the exp per lvl to level a craft to 50 the same as the exp per lvl to take a fighting job to 50? i mean ibwould imagine it would take forver to get 500k exp off doing a crafting log
#2 Sep 10 2013 at 5:27 PM Rating: Good
Scholar
***
1,948 posts
Yes.

Do leve. 35k x 3 x 3 a leve if you get HQ and repeatable turn in.
____________________________




#3 Sep 11 2013 at 12:27 AM Rating: Good
Avatar
*
57 posts
It seems like a lot but I also get a lot of exp from crafting too. I'm 39 goldsmith and still get 3-4k exp each on mythril ingots (lvl 36 I believe). If you take the time to put quality into the synth you get bigger than normal exp returns.
#4 Sep 11 2013 at 1:41 AM Rating: Decent
Scholar
***
2,153 posts
At the moment it's incredibly easy to level a craft from 1 to 50 by just doing a few select leves.
Also, costs for materials are so low and prices for finished or intermediary products comparably
high (on my server, that is) that the population can roughly be divided into two castes:

1.) Crafters who create thousands of gil whenever they exhale (and their breath smells of roses!) and
2.) The filth. The dirt under your toenails after a summer marathon run through Louisiana. In short: those who neither craft nor gather.

...which doesn't really answer your question, but may encourage you to swing the hammer nonetheless.
#5 Sep 11 2013 at 3:15 AM Rating: Excellent
**
589 posts
I spent an hour mining silver ore at Quarrymill, quick synthesised it all into ingots on my GLD (at 400XP per turn), then bought a stack of Glass Lenses and started banging out Silver Magnifiers for 3k XP per HQ synth (first synthesising Silver Spectacles) and turning the HQ Mags in for the Ul'dah Levequest All Booked Up, Turning in 9 HQ items will net you 99k XP. So long as you take your time (crafting is a bit of a game) you'll reap the rewards. I went from 26-30 in an evening.

Best advice I can give to anyone crafting is level Alchamist to 15 first so you get the Tricks of the Trade ability, it's a Godsend. Whenever the item quality changes to good you can use this ability to regain 20CP.

Selling the NQ items back on the Market Wards and the gil rewards from the levequest put me into profit also.
____________________________
Solomon Grundy | Born on a Monday | Excalibur Server | Abyss: Welcome to a Higher Quality of Nerding™
#6 Sep 11 2013 at 10:50 AM Rating: Default
****
4,957 posts
Rinsui wrote:
At the moment it's incredibly easy to level a craft from 1 to 50 by just doing a few select leves.
Also, costs for materials are so low and prices for finished or intermediary products comparably
high (on my server, that is) that the population can roughly be divided into two castes:

1.) Crafters who create thousands of gil whenever they exhale (and their breath smells of roses!) and
2.) The filth. The dirt under your toenails after a summer marathon run through Louisiana. In short: those who neither craft nor gather.

...which doesn't really answer your question, but may encourage you to swing the hammer nonetheless.



Oh im GOING the craft the question however is are all crafts equally popular/in demand... for example in FFXI the only high demand crafts were goldsmith or smithing as they could take the cursed armor needed for abjurations and other uber "status" gear(i.e haubergeon, hauberk scorpion harness etc etc) there was Wallas ppl shouting for them. Whereas how much did someone who decide to lvl lets say cooking or alchemy make? Sure ppl wanted mithkabobs and the acc food but even still you werent gonna be making the kinda gil a 5 star chef would make off of it.. and what where alchemists wanted for besides hktk clusters? So basically you took all that time lvling a craft you wanted to max only to in the ed not make any more gil or any gil faster than you had before you had a craft. Im just wondering if the same can be said about some of the crafting classes in XIV.

I mean im sure armored, black smiths or goldsmiths fit the: 1.) Crafters who create thousands of gil whenever they exhale (and their breath smells of roses!) and category but what about lets ay alchemists or cooks?
#7 Sep 11 2013 at 10:56 AM Rating: Decent
**
589 posts
I looked at a few thinks on the Market boards. Mailbreaker and Darksteel Armor I think it was called was extremely expensive. So I'm going to have to say armorer and weapon-smith are rolling in it assuming people have millions of gil to meet their listing price.
#8 Sep 11 2013 at 11:31 AM Rating: Good
**
660 posts
Can someone explain the triple turn in leve thing to me? I'm lvl 33 weaver and it feels like I'm levelling way too slow.
____________________________


#9 Sep 11 2013 at 11:33 AM Rating: Good
Sage
**
847 posts
If you turn in an HQ version of what the quest asks for, both the gil and exp rewards are tripled.
____________________________
Pluh.

Koalagal wrote:
I was driving to work this morning, just zoning out, listening to my radio, and out of the corner of my eye, I saw a BLACK MAGE TARU HEALING ON THE SIDE OF THE ROAD! For one split second, I thought "Omg he needs to get out of there he's gonna aggro... what a noob."

Then, I realised it was a black garbage bag left out for pick up.

#10 Sep 11 2013 at 11:35 AM Rating: Decent
***
1,270 posts
Actually its faster to do single item leves for exp then 3-5 item leves.

Option 1:
single leve
HQ9 items

Option 2:
3 leves
HQ3 items

Dont know about you, but if i have leves to spare id rather just HQ 1 item 3 times then 9 items total. Just me though.
#11 Sep 11 2013 at 11:46 AM Rating: Good
Avatar
*
132 posts
The efficiency of doing the triple turn-in leves is due to the fact that you are using up less of your leve allowances. For someone like me who has only limited play time at the moment, that may not be a big deal. But for those that play for an extended time and would run out of allowances quicky, particularly when trying to power level a craft, triple turn-ins are the way to go.
____________________________
Rayve Mendicant : Ultros
The Kraken Club <ZAM>
#12 Sep 11 2013 at 12:22 PM Rating: Good
**
660 posts
Ok I see, thank you.
____________________________


#13 Sep 11 2013 at 2:00 PM Rating: Default
****
4,957 posts
nonameoflevi wrote:
I looked at a few thinks on the Market boards. Mailbreaker and Darksteel Armor I think it was called was extremely expensive. So I'm going to have to say armorer and weapon-smith are rolling in it assuming people have millions of gil to meet their listing price.



thats only proving my point >.>
#14 Sep 11 2013 at 2:13 PM Rating: Decent
***
1,270 posts
purethulium wrote:
The efficiency of doing the triple turn-in leves is due to the fact that you are using up less of your leve allowances. For someone like me who has only limited play time at the moment, that may not be a big deal. But for those that play for an extended time and would run out of allowances quicky, particularly when trying to power level a craft, triple turn-ins are the way to go.



Right you are, the only value to the tripple leve's is you save leve requests. I am sitting on 70+ leves so to me, its easier on the gear (repair costs) to just do the single items and have less items = more exp, not to mention its always cheaper to make 3 then it is to make 9.

To each his own, some like the triples i find them to not be worth my time but i only play a few hours a night so i have excess leve requests.

#15 Sep 11 2013 at 2:27 PM Rating: Good
Sage
**
405 posts
DuoMaxwellxx wrote:
nonameoflevi wrote:
I looked at a few thinks on the Market boards. Mailbreaker and Darksteel Armor I think it was called was extremely expensive. So I'm going to have to say armorer and weapon-smith are rolling in it assuming people have millions of gil to meet their listing price.



thats only proving my point >.>


Maybe this is naive, but there's no way that people have millions of gil yet on new servers. There's just not a way to earn money quickly through quests or leves, so it would have to be through the markets. I suppose a die-hard 18-hour-a-day-since-release multiple 50 DoH might have alot of gil, but they had to spend alot to get 50. Most stuff I see is barely selling above cost, even the HQ, and alot for less than 100 gil.
#16 Sep 11 2013 at 7:27 PM Rating: Excellent
Avatar
*
71 posts
reptiletim wrote:
Can someone explain the triple turn in leve thing to me? I'm lvl 33 weaver and it feels like I'm levelling way too slow.

Some leves ask for 3 items at a time. Let's say the item is hard leather cesti. Turn in the 3 cesti, and the NPC will ask if you want to give 3 more. Do that, and he will ask again. The leve reward is already higher than normal since you are turning in 3 items at a time. Each time you turn in 3 HQ items, you get a 200% experience reward. (Exp * 200%)*3 = quick levels

And yeah, being able to do a leve 3 times on one leve allowance is great. I was doing single item leves and burning through my allowances really fast.
#17 Sep 11 2013 at 7:30 PM Rating: Good
Scholar
***
1,948 posts
On the other hand the single item leve is usually easier to craft (require less). For example at lvl 45 ARM I get to do either 1 Cobalt Plate (2 Cobalt Ingot) or 3 x Heavy Mythril Armour (too many material to list). The best thing though is that usually you don't have to move from the city to do the leve, the previous 2 leves I mentioned the NPC is right at LL Aetheryte Plaza.
____________________________




Reply To Thread

Colors Smileys Quote OriginalQuote Checked Help

 

Recent Visitors: 71 All times are in CST
Anonymous Guests (71)