Forum Settings
       
Reply To Thread

cant respec your chocobo companionFollow

#1 Sep 11 2013 at 10:29 AM Rating: Good
Scholar
*
108 posts
So I used a rank point on regen but its pretty sucky. I searched around and found out you cant respec. Just a heads up not to use up those points if you're not sure of what you're doing

Edited, Sep 11th 2013 4:03pm by godagun
#2 Sep 11 2013 at 10:33 AM Rating: Excellent
*****
12,622 posts
And here I was thinking this was going to be a thread about naming your chocobo 'Aretha Franklin'.
____________________________
Blah
#3 Sep 11 2013 at 10:35 AM Rating: Good
***
3,450 posts
Apparently this is something they're going to change due to overwhelmingly negative feedback.

I don't quite understand the logic of designing a system in which an MMO player can make an irreversible mistake. This is right up there with there originally being no way to reassign allocated stat points. Make a mistake? Guess you need to start completely over!
____________________________
svlyons wrote:
If random outcomes aren't acceptable to you, then don't play with random people.
#4 Sep 11 2013 at 10:42 AM Rating: Good
**
589 posts
Archmage Callinon wrote:
Apparently this is something they're going to change due to overwhelmingly negative feedback.

I don't quite understand the logic of designing a system in which an MMO player can make an irreversible mistake. This is right up there with there originally being no way to reassign allocated stat points. Make a mistake? Guess you need to start completely over!


Chocobo breeding is the answer. Its coming and then you can create the chocobo you want.
#5 Sep 11 2013 at 12:45 PM Rating: Excellent
**
660 posts
Archmage Callinon wrote:
Apparently this is something they're going to change due to overwhelmingly negative feedback.

I don't quite understand the logic of designing a system in which an MMO player can make an irreversible mistake. This is right up there with there originally being no way to reassign allocated stat points. Make a mistake? Guess you need to start completely over!


Maybe it's that way to stretch out content? Kind of like Bioware's early answer to endgame in SWTOR- reroll a new character!
____________________________


#6 Sep 11 2013 at 2:06 PM Rating: Good
Scholar
*
108 posts
reptiletim wrote:
Archmage Callinon wrote:
Apparently this is something they're going to change due to overwhelmingly negative feedback.

I don't quite understand the logic of designing a system in which an MMO player can make an irreversible mistake. This is right up there with there originally being no way to reassign allocated stat points. Make a mistake? Guess you need to start completely over!


Maybe it's that way to stretch out content? Kind of like Bioware's early answer to endgame in SWTOR- reroll a new character!


Lol I hope not. Well I think they will change it since they let you do your class/job attributes.
#7 Sep 12 2013 at 2:12 AM Rating: Good
*
220 posts
nonameoflevi wrote:
Archmage Callinon wrote:
Apparently this is something they're going to change due to overwhelmingly negative feedback.

I don't quite understand the logic of designing a system in which an MMO player can make an irreversible mistake. This is right up there with there originally being no way to reassign allocated stat points. Make a mistake? Guess you need to start completely over!


Chocobo breeding is the answer. Its coming and then you can create the chocobo you want.


Dude can I breed a black chocobo? That'd be awesome!
#8 Sep 12 2013 at 7:30 AM Rating: Excellent
**
660 posts
I want a gold chocobo so I can go get the Knights of the Round materia.
____________________________


#9 Sep 12 2013 at 8:30 AM Rating: Good
Sage
*
179 posts
To be honest my chocobo will be be 0-9-4

The reason being is that the rank 10 abilities are all pretty much crap. Well maybe not the healing rank 10, but I'd rather have a multi use chocobo.
The reason this is possible is because each rank gives you equal to that ranks value in points to spend.

The first ability is worth 1 point, the second is 2, the third 3 points, and the forth 4 points, and so on.

So when the chocobo reaches rank 10 I will take my 4 points in healing to get the chocobo cure ability, while passing on the aoe Rank 10 attack ability, but keeping all the nice single target damage abilities.
____________________________
Server: Ultros
IGN: Cilia Maroth
Linkshell: Karma Zameleons
#10 Sep 12 2013 at 4:00 PM Rating: Good
***
3,178 posts
Camate, Community Rep wrote:
Hello, everyone!

You’ll be happy to know that we are in fact planning for a way to re-allocate your companion skill points. Once we have the details, including when we plan on implementing this, we will be sure to let you all know!

Also, for those of you who are curious, the maximum amount of skill points you can earn is 55 points. In order to learn the final ability for each role, you’ll need to put in all of these points. Hopefully this information will help you plan out your companion’s abilities a bit better until we introduce the method for re-allocation.


There is also this little tidbit from awhile back:

Community Rep wrote:
Also rumors are that you might be able to train different chocobos after the chocobo raising has been introduced to get a chocobo for each of your stances.
#11 Sep 13 2013 at 5:25 AM Rating: Good
Scholar
**
787 posts
The whole Chocobo raising sounds great. One of the community reps was hinting that you can raise a chocobo companion for each combat stance. I hope that they tweak how long it takes to level your chocobo companion. It's painfully slow but if they're making major modifications to the FATE XP, it might encourage the use of your sidekick.
#12 Sep 13 2013 at 9:05 AM Rating: Good
***
3,178 posts
rubina wrote:
The whole Chocobo raising sounds great. One of the community reps was hinting that you can raise a chocobo companion for each combat stance. I hope that they tweak how long it takes to level your chocobo companion. It's painfully slow but if they're making major modifications to the FATE XP, it might encourage the use of your sidekick.


They need to modify the Companion so when you press "Mount" it auto dismisses battle mode.

Actually would be even cooler if you would just hop on.

THEN, we could use them for fates.
#13 Sep 13 2013 at 9:21 AM Rating: Excellent
***
3,450 posts
Gnu wrote:
rubina wrote:
The whole Chocobo raising sounds great. One of the community reps was hinting that you can raise a chocobo companion for each combat stance. I hope that they tweak how long it takes to level your chocobo companion. It's painfully slow but if they're making major modifications to the FATE XP, it might encourage the use of your sidekick.


They need to modify the Companion so when you press "Mount" it auto dismisses battle mode.

Actually would be even cooler if you would just hop on.

THEN, we could use them for fates.


And stop making it boot me out of the duty finder queue because I summoned it.

That's the #1 reason I don't level the thing.
____________________________
svlyons wrote:
If random outcomes aren't acceptable to you, then don't play with random people.
#14 Sep 13 2013 at 3:18 PM Rating: Good
Scholar
*
108 posts
I think when DF commences your chocobo should dismiss like when you enter a town. I thought you only get 10 skill points? 1 for each rank right?
#15 Sep 13 2013 at 7:47 PM Rating: Excellent
Scholar
Avatar
48 posts
rank 1 u get 1point, rank 2 u get 2points, etc etc
lv1 skill need 1point, lv2 skill need 2points, etc etc
#16 Sep 13 2013 at 8:09 PM Rating: Excellent
Avatar
*
65 posts
Archmage Callinon wrote:
Gnu wrote:
rubina wrote:
The whole Chocobo raising sounds great. One of the community reps was hinting that you can raise a chocobo companion for each combat stance. I hope that they tweak how long it takes to level your chocobo companion. It's painfully slow but if they're making major modifications to the FATE XP, it might encourage the use of your sidekick.


They need to modify the Companion so when you press "Mount" it auto dismisses battle mode.

Actually would be even cooler if you would just hop on.

THEN, we could use them for fates.


And stop making it boot me out of the duty finder queue because I summoned it.

That's the #1 reason I don't level the thing.


YES!. I find I can't use my chocobo for FATES because you have to ride him to get there, and I can't use him while I wait for duty finder because it won't let me register. About the only productive thing I've found to do is hunting log entries that would normally be too difficult.
#17 Sep 13 2013 at 11:55 PM Rating: Good
Scholar
*
108 posts
VioletUK wrote:
rank 1 u get 1point, rank 2 u get 2points, etc etc
lv1 skill need 1point, lv2 skill need 2points, etc etc


Oh well that clears things up ty
Reply To Thread

Colors Smileys Quote OriginalQuote Checked Help

 

Recent Visitors: 68 All times are in CST
Callinon, FilthMcNasty, Lyrailis, Seriha, Anonymous Guests (64)