So I am not sure if its been done else where but I was curious this morning as to if I should upgrade a piece of gear for 2 more control? Would I see a benefit? So i kept track of all my crafting for an hour, control vs the quality recieved etc.
So here is what I have noticed:
1) Good - is a multiplied of 1.5
2) Excellent - is a 4.0 multiplier
3) Inner Quiet - increases control by 20% every time of base (aka 185 = +37 every time)
4) Quality/control actions are relatively constant on recipes below your level, and decrease as you attempt things above your level.
5) There is a linear relationship between your control, and the quality gained.
y = 0.3664x + 32.817
R² = 0.9997
X is your current control, Y is the quality you will gain (at 100% efficiency).
200 control =
106.097 quality gained at 100%
132.621 quality gained at 125%
198.932 quality gained at 125% with 'good'
Also, it means you need roughly 3 control to gain 1 quality per action, but it seems FF14 (unlike 11) rounds normally, so if +1 control will send you from 100.33 to 100.66, you will gain 101 quality. So the easiest way to do it, is plug in your current control, what it would be after the gear upgrade, and see if it puts you over the 0.5 limit and would round you up.
Cheers and have a great morning, sorry if this was already known/posted.
Edited, Sep 15th 2013 3:49pm by dustinfoley
Edited, Sep 19th 2013 2:13pm by dustinfoley