Okay, here's my go at it.
I love the game. I don't have to explain that. Let me go ahead and start with common complains.
1) World to small: It's not. It's on par with just about every other launch MMO, with the bonus of not having dead-space that is there for filler. Very welcome sight.
2) Leveling takes too long: No it doesn't. The more you level jobs the higher your exp bonus is, so things level faster (obviously)
3) Leveling doesn't take long enough / too easy: Don't blitz the content. Enjoy what SE does well, which is tell a story. That's where the meat and potatos are.
4) 1017: stfu
5) Crafting is pointless: To who? I craft. I make bank at it, too, because despite what certain individuals say here, the majority of folks don't take the time to craft well. Gathering takes a lot of time, too, since I don't buy mats. Better ROI that way.
6) Content: Tons of it everywhere, and a lot of fun repeatable content. Dungeons, end-game content. And they're adding more every couple months, and by more, I mean massively more. 2.1 is going to be huge.
7) SE sucks: No they don't. stfu.
8) Not enough social: You're not doing it right.
9) Too much social: You're not doing it right.
10) No long-term social: You're not doing it right. I run a nightly static ;) And I love it.
If I think of anything else I'll add it. I love the game. I'm taking my time, leveling things slowly, enjoying the story, doing all the sidequests, etc. I just completed my Chocobo Companion quest as well as unlocked Paladin. When I'm just moving I use the Duty Finder to run dungeons pretty much continuously and I never wait more than a few seconds (I set my language preferences to include ALL languages, not just English). Crafting and Gathering take a ton of time and I usually do it when I'm watching Netflix or relaxing. It's pretty mindless. There's plenty to do and see, and I'm not even in Endgame yet.
Later on when 2.1 comes out we'll be getting housing supposedly. Later on we'll also be getting Chocobo raising and a host of new dungeons and instances. I can't wait!
Lastly, the customizability I can put into my character is astounding. I love how much I can do with my character.
Current: FFXIV | EVE Online (again)
Former: FFXI | The Matrix Online (FOREVER!!!) | STO | SW:TOR | EQ2 | WoW | Florensia | RF Online
FFXI :: Valefor :: Dareknight, Darexius
FFXIV :: Valefor :: Dare Knight
EVE Online :: Dare Knight, Hazel Knight, Rex Knight