Now unlike last event not everyone will be able to join us in this event (it is a Chocobo race after all, so you kind have have to be able to use a mount) but fear not we will be sure to include you all in the future. The only entry requirement is that you need to be able to use a mount, though people in the 20s range might have some difficulty with mobs on the course.
Now as with last time you are probably saying "Well a Chocobo race might be fun, but I have Tomes to farm." but also as with last time there will be a reward for the winners. This event will have a buy-in so get your friends here; the more who join the bigger the pot. So get your Tomes later and get your Gil now!
Now here is how it works:
- The race will start at Ifrits crystal in Southern Thanalan (X35, Y20).
- The buy-in is 2k gil
- You must be there before the event to register (recommended 15 min prior to start) where you will be invited to the event linkshell, and give your buy-in to event admin. You must be part of this linkshell to be eligible to win.
- 5 min prior to the start time the finish line will be declared through yell, LS, & posted here so that people can figure out how to get there but not have time to min/max their path.
- Teleports are strictly forbidden. A baseline race time has been established and if you finish significantly before that time you will be considered to have cheated. So don't.
- At the start of the event a Ready, Set, Go will be performed and then you are off. Run to the finish area and poke the tribe member at your destination.
- The event will last 30 min.
- Winners will be added to the post following the event.
The prizes will be as follows:
- 1st place will be awarded 900 gil out of each 2k buy-in for being the first to poke the Tribe member at the finish location.
- 2nd place will be awarded 600 gil out of each 2k buy-in for being the second to poke the Tribe member.
- 3rd place will be awarded 300 gil out of each 2k buy-in for being (you guessed it) the third to poke the Tribe member.
- All others who finish within 30 min of the start time will be given the privilege of watching yours-truly /panic at them when you get there.(Yes you get nothing.)
So join us for our Tribe Community Event II and possibly ride away a bit richer.
-This event will take start at 8 PM server time on Saturday September 21st.
-That's 12 PM PST, 2PM CST, 3PM EST for regular folks
-The finish line will be posted and announced at event start.
-Registration will begin 30 min prior to event start.
-The event will end when either all racers have reached the finish line, or 30 min have passed, whichever comes first.