Forum Settings
       
« Previous 1 2 3
Reply To Thread

Bots and Hacks are Ruin this GameFollow

#1 Sep 16 2013 at 8:40 AM Rating: Good
Avatar
22 posts
Hey everybody.

I guess most of you have allready see the goldsellers Spam and maybe some farm Bots to. I was lvling my mine this Weekend a bit. Hoping that i can make some Money from selling ressources or craftet stuff. But the Prices on Excalibur are so Cheap is most times not even worth putting stuff into the AH. Also i have sawd on Saturday first time the Reason while mining for it.

I sawt alone on my mining place 8 Bots around the mined all automaticly, but more worst they used a Kind of teleport hack that save them the complet Walking time and avoid all Mobs on there way to the next spots. I have reportet them all and descriped the way they act as good as i could but i got no Answer so far.

Thats real ******* me of because this bots are overfloating the AH. Ok sure on one way its good because you get the mats real cheap. But if you try to make some Money with from it, its nearly usless because i get faster Gill from dooing fates or Leaves.

I also couldnt find a Statement from SE about this. MAybe its just me but if SE dont stop this i think it will break the game economy and the fun for all miners who collecting ressources by themself to make a bit Profit and so on.
#2 Sep 16 2013 at 8:47 AM Rating: Good
Needs More Smut
******
21,262 posts
SE has said they'll be bringing in a XIV equivalent of the Special Task Force Unit (aka STFU aka the greatest acronym from a company ever) to combat RMT.

Right now SE is making $40/pop each time a new keyboardsmash name is banned. The real problem is that they're hacking and stealing accounts from users who haven't set up token authentication, or who are being remarkably stupid and handing over accounts to be power leveled. Someone last night lamented that one of the shouters was a person they'd done a dungeon with the week before - the account had been hacked just in the last few days. Smiley: frown
____________________________
FFXI: Catwho on Bismarck: Retired December 2014
Thayos wrote:
I can't understand anyone who skips the cutscenes of a Final Fantasy game. That's like going to Texas and not getting barbecue.

FFXIV: Katarh Mest and Taprara Rara on Lamia Server - Member of The Swarm
Curator of the XIV Wallpapers Tumblr and the XIV Fashion Tumblr
#3 Sep 16 2013 at 8:52 AM Rating: Decent
***
3,530 posts
If SE handles bots in FFXIV as well as they did in FFXI, we'll have the occasional bot removed, then a lot of real players banned, followed by a gradual worsening of the problem, which eventually caps out and then, seven years later, no real solution. But at least by then everyone's moved away from the most contentious nodes.

Edit: Oh, come on, I'm only playing around. I know that SE does take some amount of action, at the time it's just discouraging to see groups of obvious RMT running around for days, or to get spammed every 15 minutes with advertisements.

Edited, Sep 16th 2013 11:49am by KaneKitty
____________________________
"... he called to himself a wizard, named Gallery, hoping by this means to escape the paying of the fifteen hundred crowns..." (Machen 15)

"Thus opium is pleasing... on account of the agreeable delirium it produces." (Burke para.6)

"I could only read so much for this paper and the syphilis poem had to go."
#4 Sep 16 2013 at 8:52 AM Rating: Excellent
Anterograde Amnesia
Avatar
*****
12,363 posts
From one of the CR's on Twitter:

http://na.finalfantasyxiv.com/lodestone/news/detail/c78acb765fb93274c60067c238095a614312461a

Quote:
09/13/2013 1:32 AM
Regarding RMT Advertisements (Sep. 12)
Having confirmed in-game advertisements for RMT* sites, we have taken the following actions to address this issue.
*RMT (Real Money Trade) is selling account or game data with actual currency in the real world.

[Period]
Sep. 5, 2013 to Sep. 10, 2013 (PDT)
- Accounts receiving disciplinary action for RMT advertisement: 828 accounts
- Action Details: Permanent ban from FINAL FANTASY XIV

In addition to chat filters, we will continue to address RMT activity through cooperation with our GM teams and STF (Special Task Force). When you see an RMT advertisement, please file a report by using the in-game command [System Menu] -> [Support Desk] -> [Contact Us] -> [Report Cheating].
____________________________
"Choosy MMO's choose Wint." - Louiscool
The greatest trick the devil ever pulled was to convince the world he didn't exist.
Keyser Soze - Ultros
Guide to Setting Up Mumble on a Raspberry Pi
#5 Sep 16 2013 at 8:55 AM Rating: Excellent
**
337 posts
I just really hope they're careful about getting people their accounts back if they've been hacked.

Pretty much every in-game spammer right now is a hacked account. I mean, you can tell just from their lore-appropriate names.

These RMT sure aren't buying their own copies of the game.

Edited, Sep 16th 2013 10:56am by LucasNox
____________________________
FINAL FANTASY XIV: A Realm Reborn
Lucas Nox on Midgardsormr
#6 Sep 16 2013 at 8:55 AM Rating: Good
Avatar
**
425 posts
Catwho wrote:
SE has said they'll be bringing in a XIV equivalent of the Special Task Force Unit (aka STFU aka the greatest acronym from a company ever) to combat RMT.

Right now SE is making $40/pop each time a new keyboardsmash name is banned. The real problem is that they're hacking and stealing accounts from users who haven't set up token authentication, or who are being remarkably stupid and handing over accounts to be power leveled. Someone last night lamented that one of the shouters was a person they'd done a dungeon with the week before - the account had been hacked just in the last few days. Smiley: frown


Whenever I see names from RMT shouts that aren't gibberish, I feel a bit bad, cause of the possibility that it was a player that had their account stolen.
____________________________
FFXI character: Elathia ::F Tarutaru::87SCH/75RDM/70WHM/54BLM::Cerberus/Ragnarok/Bahamut::1/23/2004 - 3/25/2015 :: Retired
RDM First 75 Job :: RDM Maat victory: March 28, 2008 (1/3) :: San d'Oria R10 Long live King Destin :: Praise be to the late King Ranperre.
FFXIV character: Selene Silverstorm :: F Lalafell :: WAR60/WHM60/BLM60 :: Ragnarok :: 9/2013 -
Patch note archives for FFXIV: http://na.finalfantasyxiv.com/lodestone/special/patchnote_log/
#7 Sep 16 2013 at 9:01 AM Rating: Good
Avatar
22 posts
Hm thats what i did (filling out the Support Form). But if they real Perma Bann hacked Players, then that dosnt Sound like good selfpromotion. Image you have a char with allready some lvl 50 Jobs and a lot of time investet and now you get hacked and your char is doing strange things and your Account is banned for something you never did yourself. If thats happen to me i would be so ****** off, i would never ever toutch this game again or maybe would never ever buy a new Game from SE.


I only can hope they have a solution for Players that are beeing hacked.
#8 Sep 16 2013 at 9:02 AM Rating: Decent
Scholar
***
2,153 posts
TwilightSkye wrote:
Catwho wrote:
SE has said they'll be bringing in a XIV equivalent of the Special Task Force Unit (aka STFU aka the greatest acronym from a company ever) to combat RMT.

Right now SE is making $40/pop each time a new keyboardsmash name is banned. The real problem is that they're hacking and stealing accounts from users who haven't set up token authentication, or who are being remarkably stupid and handing over accounts to be power leveled. Someone last night lamented that one of the shouters was a person they'd done a dungeon with the week before - the account had been hacked just in the last few days. Smiley: frown


Whenever I see names from RMT shouts that aren't gibberish, I feel a bit bad, cause of the possibility that it was a player that had their account stolen.

Natural selection. The ones with a brain
or alternatively a token
survive.

Quote:
I only can hope they have a solution for Players that are beeing hacked.

The solution is: "stop being stupid, because there's not one reason why we should
keep you in game when a character under your account sells gil for real money."

Edited, Sep 16th 2013 11:04am by Rinsui
#9 Sep 16 2013 at 9:03 AM Rating: Good
Avatar
***
1,163 posts
Wint wrote:
From one of the CR's on Twitter:

http://na.finalfantasyxiv.com/lodestone/news/detail/c78acb765fb93274c60067c238095a614312461a

Quote:
09/13/2013 1:32 AM
Regarding RMT Advertisements (Sep. 12)
Having confirmed in-game advertisements for RMT* sites, we have taken the following actions to address this issue.
*RMT (Real Money Trade) is selling account or game data with actual currency in the real world.

[Period]
Sep. 5, 2013 to Sep. 10, 2013 (PDT)
- Accounts receiving disciplinary action for RMT advertisement: 828 accounts
- Action Details: Permanent ban from FINAL FANTASY XIV

In addition to chat filters, we will continue to address RMT activity through cooperation with our GM teams and STF (Special Task Force). When you see an RMT advertisement, please file a report by using the in-game command [System Menu] -> [Support Desk] -> [Contact Us] -> [Report Cheating].



So, my question is, what is the Bystander Effect in a situation like this? I fall victim to it. In addition I just mute the shouts, that's not helping. They need to make it more effective in allowing us to report. Or better yet, have a rep stand in each city and perform instant bans or mutes. That's a lot of servers but have a group of five cycle through all the servers once a day or once during each prime time for a region. Meh, whatever, they'll figure that out eventually.
#10 Sep 16 2013 at 9:07 AM Rating: Excellent
Anterograde Amnesia
Avatar
*****
12,363 posts
I was thinking I would go through my blist and report the names I have on there, there are only 200 slots available on the blist so your bystander effect will only last so long Smiley: laugh
____________________________
"Choosy MMO's choose Wint." - Louiscool
The greatest trick the devil ever pulled was to convince the world he didn't exist.
Keyser Soze - Ultros
Guide to Setting Up Mumble on a Raspberry Pi
#11 Sep 16 2013 at 9:07 AM Rating: Excellent
Scholar
***
2,153 posts
WFOAssassin wrote:
Wint wrote:
From one of the CR's on Twitter:

http://na.finalfantasyxiv.com/lodestone/news/detail/c78acb765fb93274c60067c238095a614312461a

Quote:
09/13/2013 1:32 AM
Regarding RMT Advertisements (Sep. 12)
Having confirmed in-game advertisements for RMT* sites, we have taken the following actions to address this issue.
*RMT (Real Money Trade) is selling account or game data with actual currency in the real world.

[Period]
Sep. 5, 2013 to Sep. 10, 2013 (PDT)
- Accounts receiving disciplinary action for RMT advertisement: 828 accounts
- Action Details: Permanent ban from FINAL FANTASY XIV

In addition to chat filters, we will continue to address RMT activity through cooperation with our GM teams and STF (Special Task Force). When you see an RMT advertisement, please file a report by using the in-game command [System Menu] -> [Support Desk] -> [Contact Us] -> [Report Cheating].



So, my question is, what is the Bystander Effect in a situation like this? I fall victim to it. In addition I just mute the shouts, that's not helping. They need to make it more effective in allowing us to report. Or better yet, have a rep stand in each city and perform instant bans or mutes. That's a lot of servers but have a group of five cycle through all the servers once a day or once during each prime time for a region. Meh, whatever, they'll figure that out eventually.


Well, I got my kill count officially recognized by a "the account in question was taken down" confirmation mail.
Directly to my mooglebox.
That's all I need to keep hunting. ^^
#12 Sep 16 2013 at 9:07 AM Rating: Good
Avatar
22 posts
Rinsui wrote:
[quote=TwilightSkye][quote=Catwho]
The solution is: "stop being stupid, because there's not one reason why we should
keep you in game when a character under your account sells gil for real money."

Edited, Sep 16th 2013 11:04am by Rinsui


lol I wonder if you would Keep saying that if someone hacks your account and its get permabanned.^^
#13 Sep 16 2013 at 9:07 AM Rating: Decent
*
81 posts
Catwho wrote:
The real problem is that they're hacking and stealing accounts from users who haven't set up token authentication, or who are being remarkably stupid and handing over accounts to be power leveled. Someone last night lamented that one of the shouters was a person they'd done a dungeon with the week before - the account had been hacked just in the last few days. Smiley: frown


This - I have difficulty feeling any remorse, however, for those users that have lost an account. More often than not without a fairly sophisticated attack the blame falls on the user for not properly securing their account or machine. I mean look at other MMO's - each have this issue and for every person who was legitimately targeted with a sophisticated attack that couldn't be avoided there are likely thousands to tens of thousands who have lost their account to an attack because they failed to secure their account, purchased gil or other services exposing account info, etc.

I know that each person that has befallen these woes will repeatedly ensure you that they have never done anything remotely questionable on their computer or account. The OS and the game are the only thing installed on it and they update and scan their computer with 50 software products every 10 minutes. I'm willing to bet most of these people are lying - call me cynical but if you were hacked you didn't take the proper measures or did something you shouldn't have been. I'm sure there are exceptions to this, but very few.

Leave your front home door unlocked for a few weeks and see if nobody ends up at least peeking inside = Not enough account security
Place a sign out front advertising a bunch of free stuff with the door open; See how many more people look inside and take things = Using malicious third-party sites or RMT avenues.

Sorry, end rant - but seriously this is generally on the account holder and not SE and I'm sick of hearing all the sob stories. Barring evidence that SE was hacked directly, take responsibility.




Edited, Sep 16th 2013 11:08am by Aquidar

Edited, Sep 16th 2013 11:09am by Aquidar
#14 Sep 16 2013 at 9:09 AM Rating: Excellent
Anterograde Amnesia
Avatar
*****
12,363 posts
Missbone wrote:
Rinsui wrote:
[quote=TwilightSkye][quote=Catwho]
The solution is: "stop being stupid, because there's not one reason why we should
keep you in game when a character under your account sells gil for real money."

Edited, Sep 16th 2013 11:04am by Rinsui


lol I wonder if you would Keep saying that if someone hacks your account and its get permabanned.^^


Pretty sure he's using a security token, like EVERYONE should be doing since they're free now (if you have a smartphone that is). $12 for a fob is not breaking the bank either.
____________________________
"Choosy MMO's choose Wint." - Louiscool
The greatest trick the devil ever pulled was to convince the world he didn't exist.
Keyser Soze - Ultros
Guide to Setting Up Mumble on a Raspberry Pi
#15 Sep 16 2013 at 9:12 AM Rating: Excellent
**
337 posts
This is why I don't support RMT. It's not like I really care how people spend their money or if they want to "cheat", but most of these RMT are thieves and actively ******** people over.
____________________________
FINAL FANTASY XIV: A Realm Reborn
Lucas Nox on Midgardsormr
#16 Sep 16 2013 at 9:16 AM Rating: Default
Avatar
22 posts
Wint wrote:
Missbone wrote:
Rinsui wrote:
[quote=TwilightSkye][quote=Catwho]
The solution is: "stop being stupid, because there's not one reason why we should
keep you in game when a character under your account sells gil for real money."

Edited, Sep 16th 2013 11:04am by Rinsui


lol I wonder if you would Keep saying that if someone hacks your account and its get permabanned.^^


Pretty sure he's using a security token, like EVERYONE should be doing since they're free now (if you have a smartphone that is). $12 for a fob is not breaking the bank either.


Well i didnt even knew they is something like a ST for this game (and i bet im not the only one).^^ Will take a look for the Smartphone app when im at home. ;p
#17 Sep 16 2013 at 9:17 AM Rating: Decent
Scholar
***
2,153 posts
Missbone wrote:
Rinsui wrote:
TwilightSkye wrote:
[quote=Catwho]
The solution is: "stop being stupid, because there's not one reason why we should
keep you in game when a character under your account sells gil for real money."

Edited, Sep 16th 2013 11:04am by Rinsui


lol I wonder if you would Keep saying that if someone hacks your account and its get permabanned.^^

Why would that happen? I'm using a security token.
Which cost me... well, nothing, it came for free with the CE.
SE is providing all the tools. If you'd rather risk being hacked that's your choice, isn't it?

[quote]I know that each person that has befallen these woes will repeatedly ensure you that they have never done anything remotely questionable on their computer or account. The OS and the game are the only thing installed on it and they update and scan their computer with 50 software products every 10 minutes. I'm willing to bet most of these people are lying - call me cynical but if you were hacked you didn't take the proper measures or did something you shouldn't have been. I'm sure there are exceptions to this, but very few.


This. Two weeks ago, there was a guy on Alla who had "shared" his passwords with his "best friend" in Spain. He then complained when one of "his" characters was caught spamming RMT advertisements 24/7. And even had the insolence to ask SE for leniency, because he didn't know his "best friend in Spain" would ever do such a thing.

Edited, Sep 16th 2013 11:22am by Rinsui
#18 Sep 16 2013 at 9:17 AM Rating: Good
Scholar
Avatar
38 posts
I dont feel bad for anyone that got hacked if you dont get a token for your game it will happen one day and thats when your gonna be kicking your self and dont get me wrong im notgonna call people dumb over not getting one some ppl have bad luck
#19 Sep 16 2013 at 9:22 AM Rating: Excellent
Won't be for long. They banned me a few hours after my account was compromised and haven't gotten back to me still after 5 days lol. They're actively banning accounts, whether it's RMT or not.

*edit: According to my friends here on ZAM, I'm also an idiot.

Edited, Sep 16th 2013 11:23am by Transmigration
____________________________
Eithne Draocht
My IG: archaicmachinery - Friend me!
#20 Sep 16 2013 at 9:22 AM Rating: Excellent
Avatar
*
71 posts
I am on Excalibur. Low to mid-level items are indeed very cheap, whether raw resource or crafted.

This is not really surprising, and not entirely due to RMT. You have a lot of new players leveling the same gathering and crafting classes at the same time. No surprise the market is flooded. I come from FFXI, so I never expected to make money at lower levels anyway. And while I don't condone botting and movement hacks, it's not like their botting affects your mining points. That alone makes any non-crafted item that can be obtained via a gathering class worth less than something that has to be farmed (boar hides and fleece for me right now).
#21 Sep 16 2013 at 9:24 AM Rating: Decent
Avatar
22 posts
well i never used a Security Token in any game before Except SWTOR and i never had any Trouble or was hacked in over 10 years of MMO.
So yea i understand that something like that makes sense and after seeing how many hackers and bots are in this game i will get one to. But it shouldnt been real necessary.

Also i have Trouble to Image it will help if someone hacks into the SE Database.
#22 Sep 16 2013 at 9:26 AM Rating: Good
*
81 posts
Transmigration the Charming wrote:
Won't be for long. They banned me a few hours after my account was compromised and haven't gotten back to me still after 5 days lol. They're actively banning accounts, whether it's RMT or not.


Just a follow up to my earlier post, I definitely don't condone how SE support is handling cases of lost accounts - There should be a means to recovery, no one is perfect and who knows tomorrow it could be my account. I have a web browser and am not necessarily vigilant with updating all plugins and add-ons. Although, it is SE and they aren't exactly touted in the industry for award winning customer support. We shall see if once other issues are fixed if they have more inclination to support their base with timely and prudent responses.
#23 Sep 16 2013 at 9:28 AM Rating: Good
**
337 posts
Transmigration the Charming wrote:
Won't be for long. They banned me a few hours after my account was compromised and haven't gotten back to me still after 5 days lol. They're actively banning accounts, whether it's RMT or not.

*edit: According to my friends here on ZAM, I'm also an idiot.

Edited, Sep 16th 2013 11:23am by Transmigration


Be sure to update your thread if there's any developments. I am curious about your situation and the customer support responses in general.
____________________________
FINAL FANTASY XIV: A Realm Reborn
Lucas Nox on Midgardsormr
#24 Sep 16 2013 at 9:28 AM Rating: Decent
Scholar
***
2,153 posts
Missbone wrote:
well i never used a Security Token in any game before Except SWTOR and i never had any Trouble or was hacked in over 10 years of MMO.
So yea i understand that something like that makes sense and after seeing how many hackers and bots are in this game i will get one to. But it shouldnt been real necessary.

Also i have Trouble to Image it will help if someone hacks into the SE Database.

To be exact, it shouldn't be necessary, but mandatory.
Some sort of token should be bundled with every version of the game, be it CE, normal, or digital.
They should explain how to set up each service in detail.
And if you still don't follow their advice: GAME OVER.
#25 Sep 16 2013 at 9:30 AM Rating: Good
Avatar
*
150 posts
Question about the security token thing:

Cant the hacker just register his own smartphone free app to your account and then assume control of it?
#26 Sep 16 2013 at 9:36 AM Rating: Excellent
*
81 posts
Strangerous wrote:
Question about the security token thing:

Cant the hacker just register his own smartphone free app to your account and then assume control of it?


Well they could if they gained access without you having one to begin with. Other than that removing one, I think requires the original token (or mimicked token I suppose) and can only have one on the account at a time. I'm not 100% on that, but from my experiences with removing and adding a new token that seems to be how I remember it.
#27 Sep 16 2013 at 9:39 AM Rating: Excellent
Avatar
*
139 posts
Since you can only have one security token (physical or phone) registered to an account at a time, then no. If the hacker somehow get's your security token removed and his or her registered instead, then you have FAR MORE to be concerned about than a hacked game account, like a hacked email account, key logger, physical access to your machine, etc. since that is what it would take to get an emergency removal of a token.

Edit: small addition to original post

Edited, Sep 16th 2013 11:41am by Vaaniks
____________________________
Primary World: Hyperion
Free Company: Jormungandr
Legacy Member
Main Character: Fialas Dawnren: Level 60 BRD/ARC, Level 16-56 On Everything Else
#28 Sep 16 2013 at 9:49 AM Rating: Good
Avatar
*
70 posts
I dont feel they are taking a quick enough response to them either. 24hours ok, 48hours still spamming really? 3 days later my wife logs in and has to copy my blacklist because the same ones are still spamming....

I also dont feel sorry for anyone that got their account banned, its not hard to keep your account protected:

  • Use the security token
  • Don't use the same login and password that you do for every other game. Blizzard and Rift both have had every account and password stolen.
  • Don't buy gil
  • Don't pay to power level
  • Don't go to any site affiliated with them
  • Don't click blindly on email links
  • Keep your computer protected, use antivirus, check for maleware and spyware often
  • If your going to steal movies and music then do some research on how to protect yourself
  • Don't give your login info to anyone, no one will ask for your password that works for SE
  • And for god's sake stay away from the Chinese **** sites. They are loaded with viruses and key loggers
  • Keep your're gaming computer seperate from all your other stuff, I rarely even open a web browser on my gaming computer


If your not going to play the game to enjoy every aspect of it, leveling and earning gil are big part of any game then don't play. I have never gotten rare drops in any game. I have the worst luck ever. I played XI for years and never got drops. Same with WOW but i didn't go buy gil and cheat. I earned it.

On a side note I did however have my account stolen in WOW, i had quit playing for few years and they sent out those 7 day free come back things. It was hacked during one of those but I didn't have security token and it wasn't an easy password, I've been in IT security for 15 years now. I know how to make a password. Blizzards response when I did go back to play a few months later was that it was was too long ago and I'd just have to buy a new copy. My response was that you just lost a customer. When D3 came out every account that didn't have a token was hacked, I'd guarantee that every login and password was compromised.

Rift also had the same issue, every account that didn't have a security token was hacked in the first few weeks of its launch. I'd garruntee they also got every login and password for all users.

Too often people like to use the same login and password, its the same companies that are hacking accounts from one game to the next. Keep yourself safe, i'd be happy to give a DNA sample every time i go to login to insure that all the time and effort i put in doesn't disappear some day because of some J**K*a** hacks my account. I say ban all those country IP's and all open proxies. One of those countries doesn't even allow their people to play online gaming yet a majority of hacking comes from there. Some day I'll learn to hack godly like and spend my days hacking them and making their life's miserable. It's not just gaming either, if I ever come across the guy that made some of these destructive viruses I would be in jail.
____________________________
Shiener Grallen - Siren Server
#29 Sep 16 2013 at 9:50 AM Rating: Good
LucasNox wrote:
Transmigration the Charming wrote:
Won't be for long. They banned me a few hours after my account was compromised and haven't gotten back to me still after 5 days lol. They're actively banning accounts, whether it's RMT or not.

*edit: According to my friends here on ZAM, I'm also an idiot.

Edited, Sep 16th 2013 11:23am by Transmigration


Be sure to update your thread if there's any developments. I am curious about your situation and the customer support responses in general.


Yeah I'll update if I ever hear anything from them. I have a ticket in process for recovery right now. It's been "in process" since 09/11 though and the last email I received was the one telling me that any account I try to make in the future will be banned as well Smiley: laugh, that was on 09/12.

Quote:
I dont feel they are taking a quick enough response to them either. 24hours ok, 48hours still spamming really? 3 days later my wife logs in and has to copy my blacklist because the same ones are still spamming....


It took them about 4-5 hours from my experience.

Edited, Sep 16th 2013 11:52am by Transmigration
____________________________
Eithne Draocht
My IG: archaicmachinery - Friend me!
#30 Sep 16 2013 at 9:52 AM Rating: Excellent
***
3,530 posts
LucasNox wrote:
Pretty much every in-game spammer right now is a hacked account. I mean, you can tell just from their lore-appropriate names.


Cloudkiss Sephiroth, Seiferboi Leonhart...
____________________________
"... he called to himself a wizard, named Gallery, hoping by this means to escape the paying of the fifteen hundred crowns..." (Machen 15)

"Thus opium is pleasing... on account of the agreeable delirium it produces." (Burke para.6)

"I could only read so much for this paper and the syphilis poem had to go."
#31 Sep 16 2013 at 9:57 AM Rating: Excellent
Scholar
Avatar
*
95 posts
It's bad. My blacklist is filling up and I still see a steady wall of rmt spam scrolling in every city and every single surrounding area. Not to mention spam tells every few minutes. It's so bad that I'm forced to ignore the chime sound and I'm missing legit tells from friends.
#32 Sep 16 2013 at 10:37 AM Rating: Excellent
Needs More Smut
******
21,262 posts
KaneKitty wrote:
If SE handles bots in FFXIV as well as they did in FFXI, we'll have the occasional bot removed, then a lot of real players banned, followed by a gradual worsening of the problem, which eventually caps out and then, seven years later, no real solution. But at least by then everyone's moved away from the most contentious nodes.

Edit: Oh, come on, I'm only playing around. I know that SE does take some amount of action, at the time it's just discouraging to see groups of obvious RMT running around for days, or to get spammed every 15 minutes with advertisements.

Edited, Sep 16th 2013 11:49am by KaneKitty


Were you there when they finally took down the NASA bots*? Almost an entire linkshell (Toki) on Seraph was banned.

It was a good day.

* The NASA bot was so named because the guy that came up with it charged $3000 for the system and only allowed one per server, so some linkshells had to move wholesale to new servers to buy the bot. The bot allowed for groups to have around a 90% claim rate on HNMs. About six months after SE collected their $$$ from all the server transfers, they concluded their investigation and sent a cease and desist to the dude running the NASA bot servers. He willingly complied and shut the servers off. He made around $100K from the whole thing, and all the morons who paid him the money got no refunds and got their accounts banned to boot. And everyone else lived happily ever after.
____________________________
FFXI: Catwho on Bismarck: Retired December 2014
Thayos wrote:
I can't understand anyone who skips the cutscenes of a Final Fantasy game. That's like going to Texas and not getting barbecue.

FFXIV: Katarh Mest and Taprara Rara on Lamia Server - Member of The Swarm
Curator of the XIV Wallpapers Tumblr and the XIV Fashion Tumblr
#33 Sep 16 2013 at 10:37 AM Rating: Good
Avatar
*
70 posts
I also noticed that if you blacklist them and they do /yell instead of a /shout its not blacklisted.
____________________________
Shiener Grallen - Siren Server
#34 Sep 16 2013 at 10:51 AM Rating: Decent
Avatar
*
91 posts
Missbone wrote:
Hey everybody.

I guess most of you have allready see the goldsellers Spam and maybe some farm Bots to. I was lvling my mine this Weekend a bit. Hoping that i can make some Money from selling ressources or craftet stuff. But the Prices on Excalibur are so Cheap is most times not even worth putting stuff into the AH. Also i have sawd on Saturday first time the Reason while mining for it.

I sawt alone on my mining place 8 Bots around the mined all automaticly, but more worst they used a Kind of teleport hack that save them the complet Walking time and avoid all Mobs on there way to the next spots. I have reportet them all and descriped the way they act as good as i could but i got no Answer so far.

Thats real ******* me of because this bots are overfloating the AH. Ok sure on one way its good because you get the mats real cheap. But if you try to make some Money with from it, its nearly usless because i get faster Gill from dooing fates or Leaves.

I also couldnt find a Statement from SE about this. MAybe its just me but if SE dont stop this i think it will break the game economy and the fun for all miners who collecting ressources by themself to make a bit Profit and so on.


Wow I thought I was the only one. I was like WTF? They would be invisible then just completely vanish they drop from the sky to a mining location. There were 3 of them, these ppl really know how to *** a game up. I wonder what other bots they use.
#35 Sep 16 2013 at 11:03 AM Rating: Decent
***
1,622 posts
Rinsui wrote:

Natural selection. The ones with a brain
or alternatively a token
survive.


Hi. I hope you get your account compromised through no fault of your own. Then I can have a laugh and insult you.


Edited, Sep 16th 2013 1:03pm by PhoenixOmbre
____________________________

Nuit Midril - White Mage/Scholar on Ultros
Nuit the Insane! - Retired Druid on Sentinels.
Ombre - Retired Dragoon/bard on Phoenix.
#36 Sep 16 2013 at 11:58 AM Rating: Decent
Sage
****
8,180 posts
Sorry, but I bought the CE Digital, no FOB here until they release an android version of the app. Not everyone who isnt using the security token is doing so by choice.
____________________________
Things I sometimes play...

"What do you want to be when you grow up?"
"I want to be a unicorn!"
"Awww, why's that?"........
"So I can stab people with my face."
#37 Sep 16 2013 at 12:04 PM Rating: Decent
Scholar
***
2,153 posts
PhoenixOmbre wrote:
Rinsui wrote:

Natural selection. The ones with a brain
or alternatively a token
survive.


Hi. I hope you get your account compromised through no fault of your own. Then I can have a laugh and insult you.


Edited, Sep 16th 2013 1:03pm by PhoenixOmbre

Yeah well, good luck with that one... ^.^/
#38 Sep 16 2013 at 12:04 PM Rating: Good
**
576 posts
Dyadem wrote:
Sorry, but I bought the CE Digital, no FOB here until they release an android version of the app. Not everyone who isnt using the security token is doing so by choice.


https://play.google.com/store/apps/details?id=com.square_enix_software_token

Edited, Sep 16th 2013 4:18pm by Pickins
____________________________
FFXI, Siren: Pickins BST99.:~:.BLM75.:~:.RDM56
FFXIV, Siren: Miss Pickins - Builder of the Realm
#39 Sep 16 2013 at 12:05 PM Rating: Excellent
**
924 posts
Dyadem wrote:
Sorry, but I bought the CE Digital, no FOB here until they release an android version of the app. Not everyone who isnt using the security token is doing so by choice.


The android/iphone app were released at the same time and I'm using it myself. Remember to save your emergency reset key somewhere in case the app messes up or you change phones and such. You find this key after you setup the token app and signin for the first time under security settings.
____________________________
http://ffxi.allakhazam.com/story.html?story=18309
Quote:
Like Final Fantasy XI, the game specs will be extremely high for the time, but in about 5 years, an average machine can run it on max settings with little to no issues. Tanaka also expressed interest in making a benchmark program available.

FilthMcNasty wrote:
I endorse this thread.
#40 Sep 16 2013 at 12:07 PM Rating: Excellent
****
5,745 posts
Dyadem wrote:
Sorry, but I bought the CE Digital, no FOB here until they release an android version of the app. Not everyone who isnt using the security token is doing so by choice.

The android version of the security token has been available since at least during Beta.

Windows phone is the one major smart phone platform that doesn't have a security token app, I believe.
____________________________
Lyonheart, like Eorzia, will be reborn in FFXIV!

FFXI veteran (Lyonheart and Lakiskline of Lakshmi)
1/467 on signed HQ Weskit!!!
#41 Sep 16 2013 at 12:16 PM Rating: Excellent
Needs More Smut
******
21,262 posts
svlyons wrote:
Dyadem wrote:
Sorry, but I bought the CE Digital, no FOB here until they release an android version of the app. Not everyone who isnt using the security token is doing so by choice.

The android version of the security token has been available since at least during Beta.

Windows phone is the one major smart phone platform that doesn't have a security token app, I believe.


All fifty users of Windows phones have yet to complain too much about it.
____________________________
FFXI: Catwho on Bismarck: Retired December 2014
Thayos wrote:
I can't understand anyone who skips the cutscenes of a Final Fantasy game. That's like going to Texas and not getting barbecue.

FFXIV: Katarh Mest and Taprara Rara on Lamia Server - Member of The Swarm
Curator of the XIV Wallpapers Tumblr and the XIV Fashion Tumblr
#42 Sep 16 2013 at 12:17 PM Rating: Excellent
Scholar
*
51 posts
Catwho wrote:
SE has said they'll be bringing in a XIV equivalent of the Special Task Force Unit (aka STFU aka the greatest acronym from a company ever) to combat RMT.


Please say that by using an 'equivalent' it is a much more improved version over the one used in FF11. Please don't rate me down because of mentioning it so I will be brief. We all know there was a huge issue with it back then.

As far as getting an account back goes, I was only able to get my old FF11 account back after said task force error after a full year. I'm assuming the same could apply here. They will wait until the game has been sorta under control for several months before putting in procedures to actually bring back accounts. Again, this is all speculations based on how they handled FF11. I don't know if they have gotten any better at handling it or not.

As far as not getting hacked goes, the authenticater is a good step but you still have to wait for them to be sent in the meantime. Yes there is a way for those to be hacked as well, but the only thing I can think of is the virus that got wow authenticaters a long time ago. So everyone just be very careful about keeping your computer clean. I will say this, if you are ever hacked while you have an authenticator, it is going to be very difficult to prove your innocence. At least that is what happened when Blizzard tried to handling their situation.
#43 Sep 16 2013 at 12:19 PM Rating: Good
Scholar
18 posts
i believe hacking will ease once digital download is available. the RMT are running out of char to perform shout due to the ban.

btw, SE does not make money from each ban, because the RMT never pay, they charge-back, which cause SE to lose money. That is why 3DS is implemented for FFXI.
#44 Sep 16 2013 at 12:21 PM Rating: Good
Avatar
*
70 posts
Catwho wrote:
svlyons wrote:
Dyadem wrote:
Sorry, but I bought the CE Digital, no FOB here until they release an android version of the app. Not everyone who isnt using the security token is doing so by choice.

The android version of the security token has been available since at least during Beta.

Windows phone is the one major smart phone platform that doesn't have a security token app, I believe.


All fifty users of Windows phones have yet to complain too much about it.


Yep that, don't forget about blackberry too. Microsoft just recently edged passed them in the market.
____________________________
Shiener Grallen - Siren Server
#45 Sep 16 2013 at 12:26 PM Rating: Excellent
Anterograde Amnesia
Avatar
*****
12,363 posts
Shiener wrote:
Catwho wrote:
svlyons wrote:
Dyadem wrote:
Sorry, but I bought the CE Digital, no FOB here until they release an android version of the app. Not everyone who isnt using the security token is doing so by choice.

The android version of the security token has been available since at least during Beta.

Windows phone is the one major smart phone platform that doesn't have a security token app, I believe.


All fifty users of Windows phones have yet to complain too much about it.


Yep that, don't forget about blackberry too. Microsoft just recently edged passed them in the market.


Orly? I just swapped my iPhone 4S for an HTC One (LOVE IT) and I was looking really hard at those Nokia Lumia phones, the camera is awesome on them (for me it's important, 3 kids) but I just didn't want to commit to the platform since it doesn't seem very robust yet. I consider myself a Microsoft fan (windows developer here) and I could probably even write apps for it but I just couldn't get past the small ecosystem.
____________________________
"Choosy MMO's choose Wint." - Louiscool
The greatest trick the devil ever pulled was to convince the world he didn't exist.
Keyser Soze - Ultros
Guide to Setting Up Mumble on a Raspberry Pi
#46 Sep 16 2013 at 12:39 PM Rating: Good
Avatar
*
70 posts
Yea they only have about 5% of the market right now. My boss has the new Lumina but couldn't do what the commercials you can do with the camera, could just be him though lol. The only probably I have is the lack of apps and how locked down things are, try to do OS updates on it. I administer the cell phones at my place of business, we used to be all windows, now we are mostly android/IOS with only a few Microsoft out there. From an administrative standpoint in a business thats all microsoft software I would rather have every mobile user on IOS. Preference is preference though. I was an Apple hater for a long time, now i have an iPad, iPhone, and a Mac lol.
____________________________
Shiener Grallen - Siren Server
#47 Sep 16 2013 at 12:42 PM Rating: Excellent
Anterograde Amnesia
Avatar
*****
12,363 posts
I still have (and love my Air) but between Swiftkey, Nova Launcher, and Tasker my phone has become an entirely different device. Having that kind of freedom is awesome.
____________________________
"Choosy MMO's choose Wint." - Louiscool
The greatest trick the devil ever pulled was to convince the world he didn't exist.
Keyser Soze - Ultros
Guide to Setting Up Mumble on a Raspberry Pi
#48 Sep 16 2013 at 12:42 PM Rating: Default
Avatar
**
392 posts
I am all for SE banning RMT's, hard and swift bans. If your account is hacked, then honestly, you kinda deserved it. There is a reason they offer key fobs and apps for one time passwords. I use the key fob because i find this to be better then the app, your phone could get hacked, the key fob on my key chain can't. And don't tell me "SE should give it to us anyways", no, they shouldn't, SE should not have to compensate for your stupidity, and yes, that's exactly what it is. "i hope your account gets hacked/banned"......nope, sorry, i am not as stupid as you so that will never happen. Geeze people, grow up and take SOME responsibility.
____________________________
"You are what you are on paper."
-
Avirex Idyll - Faerie Server
#49 Sep 16 2013 at 12:43 PM Rating: Good
Needs More Smut
******
21,262 posts
My office gave me the option for an iPhone 4S or Samsung Galaxy S4 (just noticed the 4S/S4, hmmm) and I opted for the S4.

And yet, I prefer and get waaaaay more mileage out of my personal phone, a Samsung Galaxy Exhibit. The S4 is just too big and having the Otterbox on top of it... ugh. My Exhibit is just the right size and is naked with no case so it's more slender, too.
____________________________
FFXI: Catwho on Bismarck: Retired December 2014
Thayos wrote:
I can't understand anyone who skips the cutscenes of a Final Fantasy game. That's like going to Texas and not getting barbecue.

FFXIV: Katarh Mest and Taprara Rara on Lamia Server - Member of The Swarm
Curator of the XIV Wallpapers Tumblr and the XIV Fashion Tumblr
#50 Sep 16 2013 at 12:48 PM Rating: Good
Sage
****
8,180 posts
Oh what a swell group of people! I legitimately didn't know the android app was out (I read on SE site that it was 'coming soon'), I mistakenly thought that was the Key Fob, hence my misinformation. The ones who pointed that out nicely will get free rate ups...

...the rest who are being too happy with the red arrow button.... I have one too.



Edited, Sep 16th 2013 2:01pm by Dyadem
____________________________
Things I sometimes play...

"What do you want to be when you grow up?"
"I want to be a unicorn!"
"Awww, why's that?"........
"So I can stab people with my face."
#51 Sep 16 2013 at 1:29 PM Rating: Default
****
4,957 posts
why do ppl use the word hacked to describe this? theres a difference between being hacked qnd beig stupid. giving someone your account info is NOT being hacked. being hacked is somone gaining your account info without ANY help from you... or at least without you directly giving it to them (i.e if you went to a site that installed a keylogger without you knowing then THAT would count as being hacked even though you technically did play a part in them getting your info by going to whatver site you went to). i mean in all my years of playing ffxi ive NEVER heard of an acciunt getting "hacked" that wasnt an account whos info was willingly shared with others
« Previous 1 2 3
Reply To Thread

Colors Smileys Quote OriginalQuote Checked Help

 

Recent Visitors: 62 All times are in CST
scchan, Anonymous Guests (61)