I dont feel they are taking a quick enough response to them either. 24hours ok, 48hours still spamming really? 3 days later my wife logs in and has to copy my blacklist because the same ones are still spamming....
I also dont feel sorry for anyone that got their account banned, its not hard to keep your account protected:
- Use the security token
- Don't use the same login and password that you do for every other game. Blizzard and Rift both have had every account and password stolen.
- Don't buy gil
- Don't pay to power level
- Don't go to any site affiliated with them
- Don't click blindly on email links
- Keep your computer protected, use antivirus, check for maleware and spyware often
- If your going to steal movies and music then do some research on how to protect yourself
- Don't give your login info to anyone, no one will ask for your password that works for SE
- And for god's sake stay away from the Chinese **** sites. They are loaded with viruses and key loggers
- Keep your're gaming computer seperate from all your other stuff, I rarely even open a web browser on my gaming computer
If your not going to play the game to enjoy every aspect of it, leveling and earning gil are big part of any game then don't play. I have never gotten rare drops in any game. I have the worst luck ever. I played XI for years and never got drops. Same with WOW but i didn't go buy gil and cheat. I earned it.
On a side note I did however have my account stolen in WOW, i had quit playing for few years and they sent out those 7 day free come back things. It was hacked during one of those but I didn't have security token and it wasn't an easy password, I've been in IT security for 15 years now. I know how to make a password. Blizzards response when I did go back to play a few months later was that it was was too long ago and I'd just have to buy a new copy. My response was that you just lost a customer. When D3 came out every account that didn't have a token was hacked, I'd guarantee that every login and password was compromised.
Rift also had the same issue, every account that didn't have a security token was hacked in the first few weeks of its launch. I'd garruntee they also got every login and password for all users.
Too often people like to use the same login and password, its the same companies that are hacking accounts from one game to the next. Keep yourself safe, i'd be happy to give a DNA sample every time i go to login to insure that all the time and effort i put in doesn't disappear some day because of some J**K*a** hacks my account. I say ban all those country IP's and all open proxies. One of those countries doesn't even allow their people to play online gaming yet a majority of hacking comes from there. Some day I'll learn to hack godly like and spend my days hacking them and making their life's miserable. It's not just gaming either, if I ever come across the guy that made some of these destructive viruses I would be in jail.