Forum Settings
       
Reply To Thread

Just got billedFollow

#27 Sep 17 2013 at 10:58 AM Rating: Default
****
5,053 posts
Catwho wrote:
Don't hoard gear that's at 100% spiritbond - turn it into materia. Materia stacks!




what if we dont hav ethe crafts to do that? because i have TOO many 100% spirit bound stuff i dont wanna throw away bu is taking up space (i dont have a retainer yet)
#28 Sep 17 2013 at 10:59 AM Rating: Excellent
***
1,622 posts
DuoMaxwellxx wrote:
Catwho wrote:
Don't hoard gear that's at 100% spiritbond - turn it into materia. Materia stacks!




what if we dont hav ethe crafts to do that? because i have TOO many 100% spirit bound stuff i dont wanna throw away bu is taking up space (i dont have a retainer yet)


You don't need to level any craft to convert to materia. Just to meld it to gear.
____________________________

Nuit Midril - White Mage/Scholar on Ultros
Nuit the Insane! - Retired Druid on Sentinels.
Ombre - Retired Dragoon/bard on Phoenix.
#29 Sep 17 2013 at 11:01 AM Rating: Excellent
***
3,718 posts
Catwho wrote:
Don't hoard gear that's at 100% spiritbond - turn it into materia. Materia stacks!


I'm not sure how much space it really saves when I turn the thing I didn't need anymore into water resistance materia I also don't need.

Still it's good advice. Every once in a while you'll get something useful, and it beats the **** out of vendoring things for 50 gil apiece.
____________________________
svlyons wrote:
If random outcomes aren't acceptable to you, then don't play with random people.
#30 Sep 17 2013 at 11:02 AM Rating: Decent
Avatar
**
392 posts
Materia stacks???? but if i change it to materia then i'll have to level a crafting job, /sigh i guess i'll have to do it sooner or later
____________________________
"You are what you are on paper."
-
Avirex Idyll - Faerie Server
#31 Sep 17 2013 at 11:06 AM Rating: Decent
****
5,053 posts
PhoenixOmbre wrote:
DuoMaxwellxx wrote:
Catwho wrote:
Don't hoard gear that's at 100% spiritbond - turn it into materia. Materia stacks!




what if we dont hav ethe crafts to do that? because i have TOO many 100% spirit bound stuff i dont wanna throw away bu is taking up space (i dont have a retainer yet)


You don't need to level any craft to convert to materia. Just to meld it to gear.



so how would i go about converting to materia?
#32 Sep 17 2013 at 11:09 AM Rating: Good
Avatar
**
392 posts
DuoMaxwellxx wrote:

so how would i go about converting to materia?


once bonded 100% just go to your character ability screen and select the convert/materia button, FYI, you have to complete a quest to do this. it takes place during the main story quest when you talk to the goblin about materia.

Edited, Sep 17th 2013 1:10pm by RyanSquires
____________________________
"You are what you are on paper."
-
Avirex Idyll - Faerie Server
#33 Sep 17 2013 at 11:17 AM Rating: Excellent
Anterograde Amnesia
Avatar
*****
12,363 posts
DuoMaxwellxx wrote:
PhoenixOmbre wrote:
DuoMaxwellxx wrote:
Catwho wrote:
Don't hoard gear that's at 100% spiritbond - turn it into materia. Materia stacks!




what if we dont hav ethe crafts to do that? because i have TOO many 100% spirit bound stuff i dont wanna throw away bu is taking up space (i dont have a retainer yet)


You don't need to level any craft to convert to materia. Just to meld it to gear.



so how would i go about converting to materia?


Do the quest from this guy, right click on the item, click convert.

Edited, Sep 17th 2013 12:18pm by Wint
____________________________
"Choosy MMO's choose Wint." - Louiscool
The greatest trick the devil ever pulled was to convince the world he didn't exist.
Keyser Soze - Ultros
Guide to Setting Up Mumble on a Raspberry Pi
#34 Sep 17 2013 at 11:18 AM Rating: Excellent
Anterograde Amnesia
Avatar
*****
12,363 posts
RyanSquires wrote:
DuoMaxwellxx wrote:

so how would i go about converting to materia?


once bonded 100% just go to your character ability screen and select the convert/materia button, FYI, you have to complete a quest to do this. it takes place during the main story quest when you talk to the goblin about materia.

Edited, Sep 17th 2013 1:10pm by RyanSquires


Not entirely true, it takes you to Mutamix, but the guy who gives the quest is the one behind him. I got into the level 30's missions before I realized I had missed the materia quest.
____________________________
"Choosy MMO's choose Wint." - Louiscool
The greatest trick the devil ever pulled was to convince the world he didn't exist.
Keyser Soze - Ultros
Guide to Setting Up Mumble on a Raspberry Pi
#35 Sep 17 2013 at 11:53 AM Rating: Good
Needs More Smut
******
21,262 posts
I get now why they allowed you to convert stuff to materia before you could start melding it - because otherwise you might start having armory issues with gear you're not sure you want to give up. I went through and just zapped any gear at 100% spiritbond into materia. Chances are good I can always get a replacement for cheap if I need it.
____________________________
FFXI: Catwho on Bismarck: Retired December 2014
Thayos wrote:
I can't understand anyone who skips the cutscenes of a Final Fantasy game. That's like going to Texas and not getting barbecue.

FFXIV: Katarh Mest and Taprara Rara on Lamia Server - Member of The Swarm
Curator of the XIV Wallpapers Tumblr and the XIV Fashion Tumblr
#36 Sep 17 2013 at 1:11 PM Rating: Good
I got suckered for 180 days. Apparently someone in our LS had a friend who couldn't create on Balmung, so who knows what the server situation is across the board. Either way, the 6 months is ok with me at the pace I'm playing.
____________________________

#37 Sep 17 2013 at 1:21 PM Rating: Good
Scholar
**
530 posts
I have yet to be asked to even input any payment information anywhere.
Guess it's different for everyone.
____________________________
i'm not saying, i'm just saying
_________________________
Babu Voyvoda - Hyur Midlander
White Mage
#38 Sep 17 2013 at 1:34 PM Rating: Good
Needs More Smut
******
21,262 posts
You can go ahead and set it up on the Mog Station now, to avoid any nasty surprises on your first billing date.
____________________________
FFXI: Catwho on Bismarck: Retired December 2014
Thayos wrote:
I can't understand anyone who skips the cutscenes of a Final Fantasy game. That's like going to Texas and not getting barbecue.

FFXIV: Katarh Mest and Taprara Rara on Lamia Server - Member of The Swarm
Curator of the XIV Wallpapers Tumblr and the XIV Fashion Tumblr
#39 Sep 17 2013 at 1:49 PM Rating: Excellent
***
3,718 posts
Catwho wrote:
You can go ahead and set it up on the Mog Station now, to avoid any nasty surprises on your first billing date.


And to avoid the inevitable server problems when that day comes and hundreds of thousands of people are trying to input their payment information at the same time.
____________________________
svlyons wrote:
If random outcomes aren't acceptable to you, then don't play with random people.
#40 Sep 17 2013 at 2:04 PM Rating: Excellent
**
329 posts
RyanSquires wrote:


Both of these need to be checked O.o If i can move gear to a retainer and get it again, sweetness.


I have some gear it wont let me put on my retainer because there's already one of them there, so it appears you can have more than 1 of a unique item, if that's what your reffering to.
____________________________


[ffxivsig]1793378[/ffxivsig]
#41 Sep 17 2013 at 2:27 PM Rating: Good
*
81 posts
Catwho wrote:
RyanSquires wrote:
Catwho wrote:
I think you can also have two retainers, so you can put the second potion on the second one and be rid of them both from standard inventory for good.


We can have two retainers???? Are you sure?? If so, you just saved me a ton of space.


I'm fairly certain I remember the retainer NPC saying you can have two retainers (but only two.) I'll have to test this later.


I have gotten and used 2 retainers on one character, so I can confirm it.
#42 Sep 17 2013 at 2:54 PM Rating: Excellent
Anterograde Amnesia
Avatar
*****
12,363 posts
I wish it would let me pay, I want my 180 day sub going Smiley: frown
____________________________
"Choosy MMO's choose Wint." - Louiscool
The greatest trick the devil ever pulled was to convince the world he didn't exist.
Keyser Soze - Ultros
Guide to Setting Up Mumble on a Raspberry Pi
#43 Sep 17 2013 at 5:45 PM Rating: Decent
Scholar
Avatar
*
91 posts
So is it only a select few ppl who are barely getting billed? Just wondering cause I want my Gender-Bender potion XD
#44 Sep 17 2013 at 5:47 PM Rating: Excellent
Needs More Smut
******
21,262 posts
Konfuzzle wrote:
So is it only a select few ppl who are barely getting billed? Just wondering cause I want my Gender-Bender potion XD


correct, today was charge day for people with 1.0 accounts who got a free copy of the game and did not upgrade to a CE this go round. We only got 14 (+7 apology) days free.

Anyone who paid for the 2.0 game, be it the base game or the CE, got at least 37 free days.
____________________________
FFXI: Catwho on Bismarck: Retired December 2014
Thayos wrote:
I can't understand anyone who skips the cutscenes of a Final Fantasy game. That's like going to Texas and not getting barbecue.

FFXIV: Katarh Mest and Taprara Rara on Lamia Server - Member of The Swarm
Curator of the XIV Wallpapers Tumblr and the XIV Fashion Tumblr
#45 Sep 17 2013 at 5:48 PM Rating: Good
Avatar
***
1,418 posts
i went to my SE account page / mog station and payed for 180 days with no issue.
Mog station >>> Proceed to payment >>> subscription services.
____________________________

#46 Sep 17 2013 at 5:57 PM Rating: Decent
Scholar
Avatar
*
91 posts
Catwho wrote:
Konfuzzle wrote:
So is it only a select few ppl who are barely getting billed? Just wondering cause I want my Gender-Bender potion XD


correct, today was charge day for people with 1.0 accounts who got a free copy of the game and did not upgrade to a CE this go round. We only got 14 (+7 apology) days free.

Anyone who paid for the 2.0 game, be it the base game or the CE, got at least 37 free days.


Ah well that explains it, thx for the clarification.
#47 Sep 17 2013 at 7:06 PM Rating: Decent
Scholar
Avatar
29 posts
can i pay through psn network for 3 months/extras?



______________________________________________________________________________
#48 Sep 17 2013 at 8:13 PM Rating: Excellent
Anterograde Amnesia
Avatar
*****
12,363 posts
Teneleven wrote:
i went to my SE account page / mog station and payed for 180 days with no issue.
Mog station >>> Proceed to payment >>> subscription services.


Mine says something to the effect of payment not needed since my subscription is currently active.
____________________________
"Choosy MMO's choose Wint." - Louiscool
The greatest trick the devil ever pulled was to convince the world he didn't exist.
Keyser Soze - Ultros
Guide to Setting Up Mumble on a Raspberry Pi
#49 Sep 17 2013 at 9:52 PM Rating: Decent
Avatar
*
72 posts
19 more free days for 2.0 purchasers. No transgender potions I'm afraid.
#50 Sep 18 2013 at 3:31 AM Rating: Good
Avatar
***
1,418 posts
Wint wrote:
Teneleven wrote:
i went to my SE account page / mog station and payed for 180 days with no issue.
Mog station >>> Proceed to payment >>> subscription services.


Mine says something to the effect of payment not needed since my subscription is currently active.

That is weird. My account is still active too, but i decided to pay now while i had the money.
____________________________

#51 Sep 18 2013 at 9:05 AM Rating: Good
Needs More Smut
******
21,262 posts
I think if you prepay with Crysta it takes it. But if you have direct billing set up via credit card, it doesn't.
____________________________
FFXI: Catwho on Bismarck: Retired December 2014
Thayos wrote:
I can't understand anyone who skips the cutscenes of a Final Fantasy game. That's like going to Texas and not getting barbecue.

FFXIV: Katarh Mest and Taprara Rara on Lamia Server - Member of The Swarm
Curator of the XIV Wallpapers Tumblr and the XIV Fashion Tumblr
Reply To Thread

Colors Smileys Quote OriginalQuote Checked Help

 

Recent Visitors: 1 All times are in CST
Anonymous Guests (1)