Forum Settings
       
« Previous 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13
This thread is locked

getting so sick of know it alls! {rant, you've been warned}Follow

#1 Sep 20 2013 at 9:01 PM Rating: Default
Avatar
*
134 posts
like the title said these A-hole players who "know it all" about ever class and try to lecture people to "play they're way" are getting on my nerves. i know every MMO has them but i've never seen this many.
people need to learn that we make our character and play them the way WE WANT. i'm not here to please some jerk off who is playing Mr. know-it-all! so to anyone here i might meet in a Duty Finder, you try this crap and you'll get just the same attitude they get!

Edited, Sep 23rd 2013 2:56pm by Wint Lock Thread: Not sure how I missed this...
#2 Sep 20 2013 at 9:08 PM Rating: Excellent
Well you play a GLA who wants to DD, and I'll tell you off too.
____________________________
Sandinmyeye | |Tsukaremashi*a |
#3VorxDargo1, Posted: Sep 20 2013 at 9:09 PM, Rating: Sub-Default, (Expand Post) ITS NOT YOUR f-ING CHARACTER! you have no right to tell people how to play! none!
#4 Sep 20 2013 at 9:13 PM Rating: Good
**
832 posts
VorxDargo1 wrote:
like the title said these A-hole players who "know it all" about ever class and try to lecture people to "play they're way" are getting on my nerves. i know every MMO has them but i've never seen this many.
people need to learn that we make our character and play them the way WE WANT. i'm not here to please some jerk off who is playing Mr. know-it-all! so to anyone here i might meet in a Duty Finder, you try this crap and you'll get just the same attitude they get!

Play the way you want then...but if you are a tank then please for the love of the twelve....learn to use flash >< sorry...my own personal peeve lately with pug tanks who constant have full mp and never seem to listen when asked to flash more(or in some case just using it once during a dungeon.) Having to always pull mobs off the healer on every pull gets old very fast since some people think they just have to hit mobs once to seal hate.....
____________________________
VIVE LA RÉVOLUTION PONEY!
デーブは、ここではありません。
Urthdigger wrote:
First person view {You can have this.} I'm a galka and wore a subligar all the way to 50. You either learn to deal with it, or learn to enjoy the other party member's screams of agony.

Likibiki wrote:
I wish I could get parties of that standard. Sadly I seem to end up playing with myself all the time.

[ffxisig]81208[/ffxisig]
#5 Sep 20 2013 at 9:13 PM Rating: Good
*
230 posts
i have to wake up at 4:40am in the morning and finish a full day at 8pm with studying after work.

I think you'll live with your problem.. Take a deep breathe and enjoy the game. Because I can not. I am so tired after i get some free time that i can not enjoy this great game. :*(
#6VorxDargo1, Posted: Sep 20 2013 at 9:17 PM, Rating: Sub-Default, (Expand Post) i don't using flash, but when people start b*tching then i do it for spite! i refuse to let people tell me how to play. like the first jerk went into i use Gladiator, not because i wanna tank but because its the only sword class, there is no other option for a person who likes swords.
#7 Sep 20 2013 at 9:22 PM Rating: Excellent
VorxDargo1 wrote:
ITS NOT YOUR f-ING CHARACTER! you have no right to tell people how to play! none!


Sure you are right, it is not mine, but in DUTY (pug style, doing in with your own man made group, do w/e you want) Finder, your role is selected by your class. You Q up as Tank/Heals/DPS and want to play your character as a different role type, you have now created the issue.

So you don't like being told how to play your class..fine. But you sure as **** proved you don't even know how to play your class/role.
Maybe remove the thumb from your underneath and take the advice as just that, advice. Why would you not want to be the best you possibly can be?
____________________________
Sandinmyeye | |Tsukaremashi*a |
#8 Sep 20 2013 at 9:24 PM Rating: Excellent
Worst. Title. Ever!
*****
16,912 posts
I'm tired of people expecting me to use Cure just because I queue Duty Finder as a Conjurer. ******* now it alls. I'm only playing Conjurer cause it's got Stone. I like Earth Magic.

What ever! I do what I want!
____________________________
Can't sleep, clown will eat me.
#9 Sep 20 2013 at 9:25 PM Rating: Excellent
VorxDargo1 wrote:
Admiral Niknar wrote:
VorxDargo1 wrote:
like the title said these A-hole players who "know it all" about ever class and try to lecture people to "play they're way" are getting on my nerves. i know every MMO has them but i've never seen this many.
people need to learn that we make our character and play them the way WE WANT. i'm not here to please some jerk off who is playing Mr. know-it-all! so to anyone here i might meet in a Duty Finder, you try this crap and you'll get just the same attitude they get!

Play the way you want then...but if you are a tank then please for the love of the twelve....learn to use flash >< sorry...my own personal peeve lately with pug tanks who constant have full mp and never seem to listen when asked to flash more(or in some case just using it once during a dungeon.) Having to always pull mobs off the healer on every pull gets old very fast since some people think they just have to hit mobs once to seal hate.....

i don't using flash, but when people start b*tching then i do it for spite! i refuse to let people tell me how to play. like the first jerk went into i use Gladiator, not because i wanna tank but because its the only sword class, there is no other option for a person who likes swords.


Yea this game is not for you atm lol.
Weapons = class/role.

Or even here is some better advice, don't use the Duty finder for random groups. You need to make a group so other roles are covered.
____________________________
Sandinmyeye | |Tsukaremashi*a |
#10VorxDargo1, Posted: Sep 20 2013 at 9:27 PM, Rating: Sub-Default, (Expand Post) i don't care about the role, for god sakes you have mages acting like Tanks half the time and then Gladiators are forced to babysit! people like you claim to be "experts" but so what if people don't wanna be forced into a role? so what if they want to play it another way? people play the way they want to play, not you, not anyone will change that! so next time you wanna b*tch about it YOU be the class your next go in. then you won't have to have someone who rather play they're way and have fun the way they want.
#11VorxDargo1, Posted: Sep 20 2013 at 9:28 PM, Rating: Sub-Default, (Expand Post) exactly! we play how we want to play. everyone has they're own preferences.
#12VorxDargo1, Posted: Sep 20 2013 at 9:29 PM, Rating: Sub-Default, (Expand Post) and i'm tired of you trying to force me off the game, who the h3ll do you think you are anyway?
#13 Sep 20 2013 at 9:29 PM Rating: Excellent
Avatar
*
57 posts
VorxDargo1 wrote:
Admiral Niknar wrote:
VorxDargo1 wrote:
like the title said these A-hole players who "know it all" about ever class and try to lecture people to "play they're way" are getting on my nerves. i know every MMO has them but i've never seen this many.
people need to learn that we make our character and play them the way WE WANT. i'm not here to please some jerk off who is playing Mr. know-it-all! so to anyone here i might meet in a Duty Finder, you try this crap and you'll get just the same attitude they get!

Play the way you want then...but if you are a tank then please for the love of the twelve....learn to use flash >< sorry...my own personal peeve lately with pug tanks who constant have full mp and never seem to listen when asked to flash more(or in some case just using it once during a dungeon.) Having to always pull mobs off the healer on every pull gets old very fast since some people think they just have to hit mobs once to seal hate.....

i don't using flash, but when people start b*tching then i do it for spite! i refuse to let people tell me how to play. like the first jerk went into i use Gladiator, not because i wanna tank but because its the only sword class, there is no other option for a person who likes swords.


GLD are tanks, that is what their designed roll is. Since you don't like that I find myself wondering, why do you play this game? You clearly don't like it because the class you want to play isn't designed to play the way you would like to. So why don't go play a game that you can play the character type you like, the way you like to? I'm not trying to be a jerk here but how can you que up as a tank and then throw a world class hissy fit about being a tank?
#14 Sep 20 2013 at 9:32 PM Rating: Excellent
Worst. Title. Ever!
*****
16,912 posts
Well, this thread here is why there needs to be a "kick player from Duty" button.

Sorry, but in a Duty, you aren't just wasting your time playing "how you want". You are wasting 3+ other players time and messing up their experience because you want to use a tanking class as a poor quality DD.
____________________________
Can't sleep, clown will eat me.
#15 Sep 20 2013 at 9:33 PM Rating: Excellent
VorxDargo1 wrote:
Sandinmygum the Stupendous wrote:
VorxDargo1 wrote:
ITS NOT YOUR f-ING CHARACTER! you have no right to tell people how to play! none!


Sure you are right, it is not mine, but in DUTY (pug style, doing in with your own man made group, do w/e you want) Finder, your role is selected by your class. You Q up as Tank/Heals/DPS and want to play your character as a different role type, you have now created the issue.

So you don't like being told how to play your class..fine. But you sure as **** proved you don't even know how to play your class/role.
Maybe remove the thumb from your underneath and take the advice as just that, advice. Why would you not want to be the best you possibly can be?

i don't care about the role, for god sakes you have mages acting like Tanks half the time and then Gladiators are forced to babysit! people like you claim to be "experts" but so what if people don't wanna be forced into a role? so what if they want to play it another way? people play the way they want to play, not you, not anyone will change that! so next time you wanna b*tch about it YOU be the class your next go in. then you won't have to have someone who rather play they're way and have fun the way they want.


God this is ending as the best drunk thread I've been in, in a long time. I can't wait to see if I have PMs in the morning.

Them mages acting like tanks is due to your and your ill minded rejects. That mage doesn't want to tank...you just fail because YOU ARE SUPPOSE TO BE THE TANK. When you just run up and AFK attack, you do nothing to help the group..at all. Healer ends up having to heal way more people then they should, you can't be vote kicked out of people's lives, but still get EXP. GLA and MRD are the starting tanks, with GLA being the big one (duty finder put me in as tank on MRD, I just ran with it).
Don't want to be the role? Time to go back and play WoW were a Class has 3 roles to pick from. In this game, you have one. So don't want to be a tank? Well **** the sword and go play an actual DD class.
And I am in no way an expert, I'm learning this game just like the rest of the world. But it is failtards like you really make a fun game go sour.
____________________________
Sandinmyeye | |Tsukaremashi*a |
#16VorxDargo1, Posted: Sep 20 2013 at 9:33 PM, Rating: Sub-Default, (Expand Post) why do you think we are able to use skills from other classes? TO PLAY HOW WE WANT TO PLAY!
#17 Sep 20 2013 at 9:34 PM Rating: Excellent
VorxDargo1 wrote:
who the h3ll do you think you are anyway?


According to your logic, I'm like an FFXIV God. You can call me Sand. I want sand, buckets of it. And Everclear..lots and lots of everclear.
____________________________
Sandinmyeye | |Tsukaremashi*a |
#18VorxDargo1, Posted: Sep 20 2013 at 9:37 PM, Rating: Sub-Default, (Expand Post) so just because people rather have fun themselves with a style they prefer you say its my fault. hm, ok so what about the Lancers who can use Flash? then by your logic they shouldn't use it just because they're class isn't Tank then? yet they might have better gear right?
#19 Sep 20 2013 at 9:37 PM Rating: Excellent
***
1,102 posts
VorxDargo1 wrote:
TirithRR wrote:
I'm tired of people expecting me to use Cure just because I queue Duty Finder as a Conjurer. @#%^ing now it alls. I'm only playing Conjurer cause it's got Stone. I like Earth Magic.

What ever! I do what I want!

exactly! we play how we want to play. everyone has they're own preferences.


I think your sarcasm meter is broken.

Seriously though, if you wanna play like that with friends, that's fine and your choice. But if you are joining a random group, you need to expect to fulfill your roll in the party, whether you want to or not. You are their tank, and they are relying on you.
____________________________
------------------
#20VorxDargo1, Posted: Sep 20 2013 at 9:38 PM, Rating: Sub-Default, (Expand Post) you would think that about yourself.
#21 Sep 20 2013 at 9:38 PM Rating: Excellent
******
49,831 posts
Well since this is clearly a fake thread, ponies.
Screenshot


Edited, Sep 20th 2013 11:38pm by lolgaxe
____________________________
George Carlin wrote:
I think it’s the duty of the comedian to find out where the line is drawn and cross it deliberately.
#22 Sep 20 2013 at 9:38 PM Rating: Good
Avatar
***
1,418 posts
I just walked a party through the Darkhold. Thats a lvl 44 dungeon btw. I didn't tell anyone how to play their class, but i did shout out orders. I feel that, since i was the tank, i should help to guide everyone. 3 of 4 people were doing it for the first time. Can you guess who did it before?

Now, to my point... If you come into my group as, let's say a healer, and you are too busy trying to DOT mobs than heal me, ima tell you how to play your job. You can play how ever the F%^K you want solo, but when you're in a group, you better know what that class is supposed to do.

Edit: Grammar.

I probably still suck at it.

Edited, Sep 20th 2013 11:41pm by Teneleven
____________________________

#23 Sep 20 2013 at 9:38 PM Rating: Excellent
VorxDargo1 wrote:
DanteAlighieri wrote:
VorxDargo1 wrote:
Admiral Niknar wrote:
VorxDargo1 wrote:
like the title said these A-hole players who "know it all" about ever class and try to lecture people to "play they're way" are getting on my nerves. i know every MMO has them but i've never seen this many.
people need to learn that we make our character and play them the way WE WANT. i'm not here to please some jerk off who is playing Mr. know-it-all! so to anyone here i might meet in a Duty Finder, you try this crap and you'll get just the same attitude they get!

Play the way you want then...but if you are a tank then please for the love of the twelve....learn to use flash >< sorry...my own personal peeve lately with pug tanks who constant have full mp and never seem to listen when asked to flash more(or in some case just using it once during a dungeon.) Having to always pull mobs off the healer on every pull gets old very fast since some people think they just have to hit mobs once to seal hate.....

i don't using flash, but when people start b*tching then i do it for spite! i refuse to let people tell me how to play. like the first jerk went into i use Gladiator, not because i wanna tank but because its the only sword class, there is no other option for a person who likes swords.


GLD are tanks, that is what their designed roll is. Since you don't like that I find myself wondering, why do you play this game? You clearly don't like it because the class you want to play isn't designed to play the way you would like to. So why don't go play a game that you can play the character type you like, the way you like to? I'm not trying to be a jerk here but how can you que up as a tank and then throw a world class hissy fit about being a tank?

why do you think we are able to use skills from other classes? TO PLAY HOW WE WANT TO PLAY!
a Gladiator is able to use Cure like a PLD, Impulse Drive like a Lancer, h3ll even Feint, which would make it like the RDM style from FFXI. the game is set up to give us options.


Not inside a Pick Up Group (PUG). You have set role, bet that role. Out side in la-la land while doing FATEs and Quest, sure be w/e you want and w/e combo you want. I have leveled other class for abilities, to help me as a Healer, ot to help my DPS with stone.
____________________________
Sandinmyeye | |Tsukaremashi*a |
#24VorxDargo1, Posted: Sep 20 2013 at 9:40 PM, Rating: Sub-Default, (Expand Post) right so the Lancer with skills that let them mow over everything is relying on me huh? like i said i have no trouble doing support stuff but just because i use a sword there no reason to be forced into anything. also aren't they suppose to be a team thing? when they're all attacking and the Gladiator is taking all the hits doesn't seem right does it?
#25 Sep 20 2013 at 9:42 PM Rating: Good
Worst. Title. Ever!
*****
16,912 posts
lolgaxe wrote:
Well since this is clearly a fake thread, ponies.
Screenshot


Edited, Sep 20th 2013 11:38pm by lolgaxe


Got any Gifs of Pink Raven?
____________________________
Can't sleep, clown will eat me.
#26VorxDargo1, Posted: Sep 20 2013 at 9:43 PM, Rating: Sub-Default, (Expand Post) i can't believe there so many f-ing control freaks on this game, if you people know so much about the **** game then by all means you should be able to Tank at any class. i mean if you know enough to bark orders then why should anyone have to do anything right?
« Previous 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13
This thread is locked
You cannot post in a locked topic!
Recent Visitors: 1 All times are in CST
Anonymous Guests (1)