Forum Settings
       
« Previous 1 2
Reply To Thread

Mining bot teleport hackFollow

#1 Sep 22 2013 at 5:01 PM Rating: Excellent
Sage
****
8,779 posts
Or something. My friend made a video of someone he found literally teleporting between mining nodes:

http://www.twitch.tv/corion82/c/2975610

Spread the word. Show it around and get it out as quick as possible so SE can deal with it before more people do it and ruin economies.

Here's the character in question:

http://na.finalfantasyxiv.com/lodestone/character/3595591/

Edited, Sep 22nd 2013 4:03pm by Quor
____________________________
Quote:
The thing about me is that apparently it's very hard to tell when I'm drunk. So I feel like I'm walking sideways on a UFO and everyone else sees me doing the robot like a pro.
- MojoVIII
i have bathed in the blood of many. my life was spent well.
feral druids do it on all fours.
The One True Prophet of Tonkism.

http://therewillbebrawl.com/
#2 Sep 22 2013 at 5:08 PM Rating: Excellent
***
3,530 posts
Seen (and reported) a fair number of these myself in-game. Really discouraging while gathering yourself. :\

Try posting this on the official forums, too: there's more chance SE will see it quickly. And, um, hopefully do something about it.
____________________________
"... he called to himself a wizard, named Gallery, hoping by this means to escape the paying of the fifteen hundred crowns..." (Machen 15)

"Thus opium is pleasing... on account of the agreeable delirium it produces." (Burke para.6)

"I could only read so much for this paper and the syphilis poem had to go."
#3 Sep 22 2013 at 5:11 PM Rating: Default
Avatar
*
100 posts
PC Master Gaming Cheating Race.
____________________________
FF: XIV - Server: Brynhildr
Name: Deadly Waltz
FC: SWORN
My Brayflox's Longstep Final Boss Guide - http://ffxiv.zam.com/forum.html?forum=152&mid=13785160615194813
My Tanking Guide - http://ffxiv.zam.com/forum.html?forum=297&mid=1378648576133515117
-----------------
FF XI - Server: Phoenix
Name: Nakami
LS: VanadielReborn
#4 Sep 22 2013 at 5:16 PM Rating: Excellent
***
2,081 posts
Yes, I have heard of this one as well. I've also seen one with mining nodes where the bots appear to be mining them from beneath the earth like underground moles. I know that Yoshi-P stated that they have been going at RMT, but they really need to hit the bots hard. I still don't feel that GM's have a presence in Eorzea. This game is too good for them to not improve in this area....just another aspect of customer service, which is clearly the Achilles heel of SE
____________________________


#5 Sep 22 2013 at 5:21 PM Rating: Decent
Avatar
*
100 posts
DrCapricious wrote:
Yes, I have heard of this one as well. I've also seen one with mining nodes where the bots appear to be mining them from beneath the earth like underground moles. I know that Yoshi-P stated that they have been going at RMT, but they really need to hit the bots hard. I still don't feel that GM's have a presence in Eorzea. This game is too good for them to not improve in this area....just another aspect of customer service, which is clearly the Achilles heel of SE


No there are GMs. They just don't show up until you **** them off. GM's choose when to appear, or does nobody remember the youtube video of Xzhibit from FF XI spamming JAPAN ONRY in Jueno. Which then forced a GM's hand.
____________________________
FF: XIV - Server: Brynhildr
Name: Deadly Waltz
FC: SWORN
My Brayflox's Longstep Final Boss Guide - http://ffxiv.zam.com/forum.html?forum=152&mid=13785160615194813
My Tanking Guide - http://ffxiv.zam.com/forum.html?forum=297&mid=1378648576133515117
-----------------
FF XI - Server: Phoenix
Name: Nakami
LS: VanadielReborn
#6 Sep 22 2013 at 5:36 PM Rating: Good
***
2,081 posts
I am sure there are GM's, but what I am saying is that currently the weight of their presence seemingly has yet to be truly felt. If I compare the current state of FFXIV to other MMO's I have been actively playing over the past 10+ years, the FFXIV community is not yet a point where they are on their toes behaviorally. SE has directly stated that they need to seriously expand their staff to support this game, and from direct experience with customer service, this is an effort that continues. I think an more intuitive in game reporting system will go a long way.
____________________________


#7 Sep 22 2013 at 5:47 PM Rating: Good
Avatar
*
137 posts
DrCapricious wrote:
I am sure there are GM's, but what I am saying is that currently the weight of their presence seemingly has yet to be truly felt. If I compare the current state of FFXIV to other MMO's I have been actively playing over the past 10+ years, the FFXIV community is not yet a point where they are on their toes behaviorally. SE has directly stated that they need to seriously expand their staff to support this game, and from direct experience with customer service, this is an effort that continues. I think an more intuitive in game reporting system will go a long way.

I have to agree with this. I have noticed bots pos hacking especially whilst mining.
But the report system makes it less than worth my time to go to the trouble of reporting them.
I.E. I can't target them and report! I have write down their names first.
____________________________
FFXI: Kiyaya :Siren:
99 WAR/RDM/BLM/BRD/PLD/NIN/DNC/BST/MNK/SAM

FFXIV: Kiya Sirenia : Siren:
DoM: 37 Arcanist, SMN and SCH 15CNJ 15THM
DoW: 13MRD 12PUG
DoH: 45WVR 45BSM 45GSM 44CUL 40ALC 40CRP 39LTW 39ARM
DoL: 50FSH 47MIN 47BTN
#8 Sep 22 2013 at 5:48 PM Rating: Good
***
1,270 posts
Just think, this is only the lazy/super impatient people.

For every idiot making it stupid obvious they are botting there are 100x as many doing it so you could never tell :(
#9 Sep 22 2013 at 5:54 PM Rating: Good
Sage
Avatar
**
777 posts
As a tip to make reporting easier, examine them first; their character name will be at the top of the window. Then, even if they warp away, you can still open up a window to report them because their name will be right there for you. If that makes sense.
#10 Sep 22 2013 at 6:22 PM Rating: Good
*
210 posts
I've always seen the underground/teleporting hack for farming diremites too. He would pop up where they spawn then disappear again. Most of the time I got the jump on him and watched him kill my tags.
#11 Sep 22 2013 at 7:11 PM Rating: Good
****
5,745 posts
I've seen two warp hacking mining bots in Central Thanalan for the last week. They're mining shards and selling them on the market. Every time I got out there to mine, I report them. It's discouraging that I've reported the same players at least 4 days now.
____________________________
Lyonheart, like Eorzia, will be reborn in FFXIV!

FFXI veteran (Lyonheart and Lakiskline of Lakshmi)
1/467 on signed HQ Weskit!!!
#12 Sep 22 2013 at 7:34 PM Rating: Excellent
Guru
Avatar
*****
11,147 posts
Altair wrote:
As a tip to make reporting easier, examine them first; their character name will be at the top of the window. Then, even if they warp away, you can still open up a window to report them because their name will be right there for you. If that makes sense.

Alternatively, simply type "/echo <t>" while having them targeted.

I've seen a few, but the last couple gathering sessions I've had seem to be only legit players, but given how the ones I did see were all naked, I doubt endlessly mining level 30+ nodes is terribly time efficient even if automated. I can definitely see why the temptation is there, however. I'd rather the individual mining process take a bit longer than a simple click, but instead get you'd get more than 1 yield. I've started seeing nodes with +1 yield bonuses, sure, but 1 in 4 doesn't really expedite the mining process. I'm also running out of wind shards from my crafting, so the plan is either to farm those directly or sell other things to buy a restock.
____________________________
Violence good. **** bad. Yay America.
#13 Sep 23 2013 at 4:23 AM Rating: Default
Avatar
***
2,045 posts
svlyons wrote:
I've seen two warp hacking mining bots in Central Thanalan for the last week. They're mining shards and selling them on the market. Every time I got out there to mine, I report them. It's discouraging that I've reported the same players at least 4 days now.


They have to catch them actually doing it, reporting only alerts that they might do it if watched for 10 mins. If they don't do it while the GM is watching them for a few minutes they don't get caught and the busier the gms are the less chance they will bother watching them at all.
____________________________
BANNED
#14 Sep 23 2013 at 6:17 AM Rating: Good
**
660 posts
There are bots farming fleece on Gilgamesh. It has me worried since I'm approaching the need for woolen thread on my Weaver. The prices for it on the AH are just stupid.
____________________________


#15 Sep 23 2013 at 9:42 AM Rating: Excellent
Avatar
**
392 posts
I have seen mining bots already. they would mine a spot, well, i could hear them but i couldn't see them. and finally after moving my camera distance and angle, i could see their name inside the rock formation but for only a few seconds, it would then completely disappear and i would find it again at another site.

EDIT: I always take the time to report these things. I am not sure if it helps but i will not sit by and let people get away with actions such as these.

Edited, Sep 23rd 2013 11:43am by RyanSquires
____________________________
"You are what you are on paper."
-
Avirex Idyll - Faerie Server
#16 Sep 23 2013 at 10:13 AM Rating: Decent
Scholar
****
4,511 posts
Saw 4 of them together today. Reported them, actually distracted one with my Minion which she ended up trying to mine for an hour while i did some crafting there... But never saw a GM show up or do anything about it really...
____________________________
[XI] Surivere of Valefor
[XIV] Sir Surian Bedivere of Behemoth
http://na.finalfantasyxiv.com/lodestone/character/2401553/
#17 Sep 23 2013 at 10:24 AM Rating: Good
Avatar
***
2,550 posts
Quor wrote:
Or something. My friend made a video of someone he found literally teleporting between mining nodes:

http://www.twitch.tv/corion82/c/2975610

Spread the word. Show it around and get it out as quick as possible so SE can deal with it before more people do it and ruin economies.

Here's the character in question:

http://na.finalfantasyxiv.com/lodestone/character/3595591/

Edited, Sep 22nd 2013 4:03pm by Quor


Holy crap thats really bad! I've never seen it myself, but that video proof is excellent. This crap is probably why I see ungodly amounts of crystals being offered up for sale by the same person (liekly then they are using those funds to profit with gilselling). Bleh and ughhh Smiley: glare
____________________________
Character Name: Valk Ayree
Server: Lamia; Free Company Leader - The Swarm (Swarm)
http://na.finalfantasyxiv.com/lodestone/character/1746889/
- Blue Mage? FTW? -
#18 Sep 23 2013 at 10:46 AM Rating: Excellent
Sage
Avatar
*
131 posts
Reported the same guy 7 times in a 2 weeks period, logged in today, saw him mining + teleporting around. actually been reporting at least 6 different botters, and have been checking to see if they are still around, guess what? they STILL ARE. Can't wait for them to ruin the economy on my server /sarcasm

Hopefully it wont turn out as bad as wow, its one of the reason I left the game >_>

Edited, Sep 23rd 2013 12:48pm by abesut
#19 Sep 23 2013 at 10:59 AM Rating: Excellent
****
5,745 posts
preludes wrote:
svlyons wrote:
I've seen two warp hacking mining bots in Central Thanalan for the last week. They're mining shards and selling them on the market. Every time I got out there to mine, I report them. It's discouraging that I've reported the same players at least 4 days now.

They have to catch them actually doing it, reporting only alerts that they might do it if watched for 10 mins. If they don't do it while the GM is watching them for a few minutes they don't get caught and the busier the gms are the less chance they will bother watching them at all.

Those bots are out there every single time I got out there to mine. I wouldn't be surprised if they are out there 24/7. If a GM takes the time to go out there, they shouldn't have any problems catching them in the act. I find it discouraging that the GMs aren't making the time to check out the reports I send in. I'm basically wasting my time reporting cheats if the GMs don't have the time and can't make the time to investigate.
____________________________
Lyonheart, like Eorzia, will be reborn in FFXIV!

FFXI veteran (Lyonheart and Lakiskline of Lakshmi)
1/467 on signed HQ Weskit!!!
#20 Sep 23 2013 at 11:04 AM Rating: Excellent
**
660 posts
A ton of things are going unreported because people think nothing will be done, which apparently is truth.
____________________________


#21 Sep 23 2013 at 11:28 AM Rating: Good
Needs More Smut
******
21,262 posts
One of my most precious screenshots in FFXI was me convincing a GM to pat me on the head. Smiley: lol

As someone who worked as a GM in a virtual world, they have a lot of tools at their disposal that don't necessarily require them to be present. We didn't have any game aspects so 99% of our crap was interpersonal disputes or harassment. I did most of my work via /tells. I ended up handing down more than few 24 hour mutes to people for being jerks. (I also would act as an intermediary between people for large cash sales and exchanges, which is something no GM in XI would ever do. Things were different back in 1999...)

____________________________
FFXI: Catwho on Bismarck: Retired December 2014
Thayos wrote:
I can't understand anyone who skips the cutscenes of a Final Fantasy game. That's like going to Texas and not getting barbecue.

FFXIV: Katarh Mest and Taprara Rara on Lamia Server - Member of The Swarm
Curator of the XIV Wallpapers Tumblr and the XIV Fashion Tumblr
#22 Sep 23 2013 at 11:52 AM Rating: Excellent
Guru
Avatar
*****
11,147 posts
Even though gathering points are slightly randomized in location, I'm a bit befuddled on why they didn't calculate distances between nodes and set the system to flag you if you interact with them in a time too quick to realistically traverse that span via sprinting. And even if the hackers were keen on that and delaying their teleporting to that dynamic, it'd slow their resource production exponentially.

But yeah, it's still dumb this even possible or that the same characters are running around days after a report.
____________________________
Violence good. **** bad. Yay America.
#23 Sep 23 2013 at 12:01 PM Rating: Good
Avatar
**
425 posts
I haven't seen this yet. But then again, the nodes that appear for me, seem to send me in some kind of loop, while everyone else goes to nodes all over the place.
____________________________
FFXI character: Elathia ::F Tarutaru::87SCH/75RDM/70WHM/54BLM::Cerberus/Ragnarok/Bahamut::1/23/2004 - 3/25/2015 :: Retired
RDM First 75 Job :: RDM Maat victory: March 28, 2008 (1/3) :: San d'Oria R10 Long live King Destin :: Praise be to the late King Ranperre.
FFXIV character: Selene Silverstorm :: F Lalafell :: WAR60/WHM60/BLM60 :: Ragnarok :: 9/2013 -
Patch note archives for FFXIV: http://na.finalfantasyxiv.com/lodestone/special/patchnote_log/
#24 Sep 23 2013 at 12:11 PM Rating: Excellent
Guru
Avatar
*****
11,147 posts
Some batches are more loop-friendly than others, yeah. Occasionally you'll come across one where an aggro mob camps one point where you're literally just better off running a 3-point circuit instead of 4 due to stealth slowing you down or aggro risk. As well, how the terrain is laid out might make it better to run clockwise since you could just jump off a cliff to the next point instead of walking around it if going in reverse.
____________________________
Violence good. **** bad. Yay America.
#25 Sep 23 2013 at 12:24 PM Rating: Good
***
3,530 posts
To be honest, I kind of feel like a bot myself when gathering legitimately. Maybe SE should consider making gathering classes slightly more than "click node. click item. turn 90º. walk five steps. click node. click item. turn 90º..." and so on.

Mix the nodes up? Have certain items that you don't want to gather appear in the list? More severe gear checks for good yields? I'm not sure, but I can see how easily such things can be relegated to a simple bot script.
____________________________
"... he called to himself a wizard, named Gallery, hoping by this means to escape the paying of the fifteen hundred crowns..." (Machen 15)

"Thus opium is pleasing... on account of the agreeable delirium it produces." (Burke para.6)

"I could only read so much for this paper and the syphilis poem had to go."
#26 Sep 23 2013 at 12:43 PM Rating: Excellent
Guru
Avatar
*****
11,147 posts
Gathering in its current incarnation is pretty much bot fodder, yes. It's a bit more involved than other MMOs, yeah, but at the same time, it's just layering tedium upon tedium.

I don't know how 1.0 gathering was, but I'm thinking instead of gathering 4 mats from a single point in 10-15 seconds, the system instead encourages some kind of gameplay interaction that'll keep you at a node for a minute, but instead yield multiple times more the output. Not so much running involved. It'd introduce an element of player thought/skill to ideally improve yields. And in a perfect setting, make it harder to bot. For the sake of diversity, I wouldn't really mirror it to crafting, but I'm not sure how well some would receive a variant of Hot and Cold.
____________________________
Violence good. **** bad. Yay America.
« Previous 1 2
Reply To Thread

Colors Smileys Quote OriginalQuote Checked Help

 

Recent Visitors: 1 All times are in CST
Anonymous Guests (1)