Forum Settings
       
Reply To Thread

Crafting LeveFollow

#1 Sep 24 2013 at 5:48 AM Rating: Good
Scholar
**
525 posts
There is a thread on BG about the best crafting leves for the level. If not nerfed, there is a goldsmithing one that gives something like 110k per leve.

My question, is can I have the HQ items already crafted ahead of time? Or do I have to craft them with the leve active?
____________________________
I used to care about my sig. Then I got mocked and ****-hurt. I shall commence with the self-pity now.
#2 Sep 24 2013 at 5:52 AM Rating: Decent
Scholar
****
4,506 posts
You can craft them ahead of time. However, you need enough to turn them in for each of the three waves ahead of time.

You cannot, for example, stop midway and craft some more to turn in. Once you've turned the first wave in, the only options are "Yes" which will open your inventory to trade your surplus, or "No" as far as i can remember, which will end the Leve. I dont believe there's an option to continue to craft some more.
____________________________
[XI] Surivere of Valefor
[XIV] Sir Surian Bedivere of Behemoth
http://na.finalfantasyxiv.com/lodestone/character/2401553/
#3 Sep 24 2013 at 5:59 AM Rating: Excellent
Scholar
***
2,216 posts
Don't HAVE to craft them at all - I've done a lot of the alchemy ones buying stuff off the markets since people are dumping all the meds they got via quests for ridiculously cheap prices and just turned them in once bought.
#4 Sep 24 2013 at 6:01 AM Rating: Excellent
Worst. Title. Ever!
*****
16,537 posts
KojiroSoma wrote:
You cannot, for example, stop midway and craft some more to turn in. Once you've turned the first wave in, the only options are "Yes" which will open your inventory to trade your surplus, or "No" as far as i can remember, which will end the Leve. I dont believe there's an option to continue to craft some more.


This is false. You can turn in 3, then go craft 3 more, turn them in, then go craft 3 more, turn them in.

At any time during that you can chose to end the leve and not turn in the next set of three, but you do not have to turn all 9 in at once. If you choose "Yes" and agree to continue but do not have the required items, it tells you that and lets you go make more.
____________________________
Can't sleep, clown will eat me.
#5 Sep 24 2013 at 6:28 AM Rating: Excellent
Avatar
***
1,208 posts
TirithRR wrote:
KojiroSoma wrote:
You cannot, for example, stop midway and craft some more to turn in. Once you've turned the first wave in, the only options are "Yes" which will open your inventory to trade your surplus, or "No" as far as i can remember, which will end the Leve. I dont believe there's an option to continue to craft some more.


This is false. You can turn in 3, then go craft 3 more, turn them in, then go craft 3 more, turn them in.

At any time during that you can chose to end the leve and not turn in the next set of three, but you do not have to turn all 9 in at once. If you choose "Yes" and agree to continue but do not have the required items, it tells you that and lets you go make more.



I can verify this. I have been crafting 3 at a time, turning them in, then crafting 3 more, turning them in, then again 3 more and turn them in.

Make sure you turn in HQ items if possible for these... the exp is SICK!
____________________________
The Kraken Club - (Ultros FC)
Character Name: Meat Mithkabob
#6 Sep 24 2013 at 6:55 AM Rating: Excellent
***
1,674 posts
Hairspray wrote:
Make sure you turn in HQ items if possible for these... the exp is SICK!


Quoting because this can not be stressed enough. Turning in 1/2/3 HQs during the leves that ask for three of something will net you 66%/133%/200% bonus XP, respectively. You will save yourself a lot of extra leves that would otherwise be ****** away if you simply go and turn in NQ results that you either crafted or bought on the markets/at NPC vendors.
____________________________
Final Fantasy XI Character(s)
Name: Satisiun
Server: Carbuncle (RIP Gilgamesh)
Jobs: 99DRG, 99PLD, 99RDM, 99WHM | Everything else: 50-60
~Retired.~

Final Fantasy XIV Character(s)
Name: Satisiun Desain
Server(s): Sargantas (primary)
DoW/DoM/DoH/DoL: 50
#7 Sep 24 2013 at 9:37 AM Rating: Good
***
2,214 posts
I have to add to this, just to give an idea. There is (I typically stick to the area south of Dragon Head that has the obnoxious name) a series of level 30 leves that give ~21k exp per turn in. This doesn't seem like much (considering the amounts mentioned). But, leveling my Cloth crafter last weekend this is the breakdown of A SINGLE LEVE exp (Seriously, it was this good ~36-50, obviously there was a crafting drop-off in exp).
Flax -> Linen Thread Batch synthed for ~1k exp (dropped to 200ish) (will only count enough for one leve)Say, 27 synths
Linen Thread -> Undyed linen cloth, ~6k per synth, consitentenly HQed this, so, I would then do 18 Cloth

Finally, to make the Linen Tights (3x turn in leve).
This would take 2 linen Cloth, 1 linen thread, roughly 8k per synth, 3 synths per turn in, 9 turned in total

so, we have:
1,000*27
6,000*18
8,000*9
======
207000 (Just on crafting)

followed by (21,000+ (21,000*2))*3 for HQ turn ins
189,000

So, almost 400,000 for turning in a single leve.

As you level up (above 40), the crafting exp drops down as low as ~50k, but you are still walking away with over 200k per leve.
#8 Sep 24 2013 at 10:04 AM Rating: Good
Avatar
***
1,208 posts
rfolkker wrote:
I have to add to this, just to give an idea. There is (I typically stick to the area south of Dragon Head that has the obnoxious name) a series of level 30 leves that give ~21k exp per turn in. This doesn't seem like much (considering the amounts mentioned). But, leveling my Cloth crafter last weekend this is the breakdown of A SINGLE LEVE exp (Seriously, it was this good ~36-50, obviously there was a crafting drop-off in exp).
Flax -> Linen Thread Batch synthed for ~1k exp (dropped to 200ish) (will only count enough for one leve)Say, 27 synths
Linen Thread -> Undyed linen cloth, ~6k per synth, consitentenly HQed this, so, I would then do 18 Cloth

Finally, to make the Linen Tights (3x turn in leve).
This would take 2 linen Cloth, 1 linen thread, roughly 8k per synth, 3 synths per turn in, 9 turned in total

so, we have:
1,000*27
6,000*18
8,000*9
======
207000 (Just on crafting)

followed by (21,000+ (21,000*2))*3 for HQ turn ins
189,000

So, almost 400,000 for turning in a single leve.

As you level up (above 40), the crafting exp drops down as low as ~50k, but you are still walking away with over 200k per leve.


I hope there are leves like this for other crafting jobs besides just Weaver!

I need one for Armorer, I would love to go to Dragonhead and bang out 200k per leve!!!!

Thanks for posting this!

If anyone can verify if the levequest NPC offers other leves besides weaver, please let me know.

Smiley: grin
____________________________
The Kraken Club - (Ultros FC)
Character Name: Meat Mithkabob
#9 Sep 24 2013 at 10:21 AM Rating: Excellent
Hairspray wrote:
rfolkker wrote:
I have to add to this, just to give an idea. There is (I typically stick to the area south of Dragon Head that has the obnoxious name) a series of level 30 leves that give ~21k exp per turn in. This doesn't seem like much (considering the amounts mentioned). But, leveling my Cloth crafter last weekend this is the breakdown of A SINGLE LEVE exp (Seriously, it was this good ~36-50, obviously there was a crafting drop-off in exp).
Flax -> Linen Thread Batch synthed for ~1k exp (dropped to 200ish) (will only count enough for one leve)Say, 27 synths
Linen Thread -> Undyed linen cloth, ~6k per synth, consitentenly HQed this, so, I would then do 18 Cloth

Finally, to make the Linen Tights (3x turn in leve).
This would take 2 linen Cloth, 1 linen thread, roughly 8k per synth, 3 synths per turn in, 9 turned in total

so, we have:
1,000*27
6,000*18
8,000*9
======
207000 (Just on crafting)

followed by (21,000+ (21,000*2))*3 for HQ turn ins
189,000

So, almost 400,000 for turning in a single leve.

As you level up (above 40), the crafting exp drops down as low as ~50k, but you are still walking away with over 200k per leve.


I hope there are leves like this for other crafting jobs besides just Weaver!

I need one for Armorer, I would love to go to Dragonhead and bang out 200k per leve!!!!

Thanks for posting this!

If anyone can verify if the levequest NPC offers other leves besides weaver, please let me know.

Smiley: grin


Romper Stomper - 17670 xp, 375 gil
Limsa Lominsa, triple turn in
3 Steel-plated Jackboots

I used this leve to go from ARM 34-37 last night. I'm getting a 50% HQ rate on the final product so not as much XP as I would have liked but still very nice. I like this one because the mats are easy to get a hold of. Forge the steel plates yourself and buy the leather. I'm leveling LTW too so I made my own leather.
#10 Sep 24 2013 at 10:27 AM Rating: Good
Avatar
***
1,208 posts
SkinwalkerAsura wrote:
Hairspray wrote:
rfolkker wrote:
I have to add to this, just to give an idea. There is (I typically stick to the area south of Dragon Head that has the obnoxious name) a series of level 30 leves that give ~21k exp per turn in. This doesn't seem like much (considering the amounts mentioned). But, leveling my Cloth crafter last weekend this is the breakdown of A SINGLE LEVE exp (Seriously, it was this good ~36-50, obviously there was a crafting drop-off in exp).
Flax -> Linen Thread Batch synthed for ~1k exp (dropped to 200ish) (will only count enough for one leve)Say, 27 synths
Linen Thread -> Undyed linen cloth, ~6k per synth, consitentenly HQed this, so, I would then do 18 Cloth

Finally, to make the Linen Tights (3x turn in leve).
This would take 2 linen Cloth, 1 linen thread, roughly 8k per synth, 3 synths per turn in, 9 turned in total

so, we have:
1,000*27
6,000*18
8,000*9
======
207000 (Just on crafting)

followed by (21,000+ (21,000*2))*3 for HQ turn ins
189,000

So, almost 400,000 for turning in a single leve.

As you level up (above 40), the crafting exp drops down as low as ~50k, but you are still walking away with over 200k per leve.


I hope there are leves like this for other crafting jobs besides just Weaver!

I need one for Armorer, I would love to go to Dragonhead and bang out 200k per leve!!!!

Thanks for posting this!

If anyone can verify if the levequest NPC offers other leves besides weaver, please let me know.

Smiley: grin


Romper Stomper - 17670 xp, 375 gil
Limsa Lominsa, triple turn in
3 Steel-plated Jackboots

I used this leve to go from ARM 34-37 last night. I'm getting a 50% HQ rate on the final product so not as much XP as I would have liked but still very nice. I like this one because the mats are easy to get a hold of. Forge the steel plates yourself and buy the leather. I'm leveling LTW too so I made my own leather.


Cool, yeah I'm doing Limsa leves now for Armorer... I put grinding leves on hold while I finish levelling all of the other crafting jobs to 15 before making my 32-50 run so I can use all of the cross-class abilities to make it easier.
____________________________
The Kraken Club - (Ultros FC)
Character Name: Meat Mithkabob
#11 Sep 24 2013 at 10:32 AM Rating: Excellent
***
1,270 posts
My personal advice.

Level all crafts to 15 (just use discover exp, save the leves)
Level culinary to 15-37 for steady hand 2 (use leves 20+, look for the triple hand ins)
Level weaver 15 to 50 for careful synthesis 2

Level what ever other crafters you want, but those level 15 abilities, + steady hand 2 + careful synthesis, should allow you to HQ everything with NQ mats (up till 50* recipes)
#12 Sep 24 2013 at 10:34 AM Rating: Excellent
Yeah the cross class abilities are a huge help. There's a leve at Quarrymill that's good too called Not Enough Headroom, 3 Iron Celata triple turn in. Iron Celata are pretty easy to make and fairly cheap mat wise.
#13 Sep 24 2013 at 10:36 AM Rating: Good
Avatar
***
1,208 posts
dustinfoley wrote:
My personal advice.

Level all crafts to 15 (just use discover exp, save the leves)
Level culinary to 15-37 for steady hand 2 (use leves 20+, look for the triple hand ins)
Level weaver 15 to 50 for careful synthesis 2

Level what ever other crafters you want, but those level 15 abilities, + steady hand 2 + careful synthesis, should allow you to HQ everything with NQ mats (up till 50* recipes)


Cool, I'm working on the level 15 crafts now... have CUL at 31-32 already so will definitely go to 37 soon, just need to grind out Weaver to 50 (wasn't really planning on doing weaver since it's not for my melee class Dragoon, but hey let's face it... I'm a crafter now almost 100% so who cares if I sew, right?)

Sew What


Edited, Sep 24th 2013 12:38pm by Hairspray
____________________________
The Kraken Club - (Ultros FC)
Character Name: Meat Mithkabob
#14 Sep 24 2013 at 10:41 AM Rating: Excellent
Hairspray wrote:
dustinfoley wrote:
My personal advice.

Level all crafts to 15 (just use discover exp, save the leves)
Level culinary to 15-37 for steady hand 2 (use leves 20+, look for the triple hand ins)
Level weaver 15 to 50 for careful synthesis 2

Level what ever other crafters you want, but those level 15 abilities, + steady hand 2 + careful synthesis, should allow you to HQ everything with NQ mats (up till 50* recipes)


Cool, I'm working on the level 15 crafts now... have CUL at 31-32 already so will definitely go to 37 soon, just need to grind out Weaver to 50 (wasn't really planning on doing weaver since it's not for my melee class Dragoon, but hey let's face it... I'm a crafter now almost 100% so who cares if I sew, right?)


Weaver is good to have as most of your crafting gear is made by Weavers. Nice being able to make and meld your own gear Smiley: smile

Quote:
Level weaver 15 to 50 for careful synthesis 2


Do you know if the efficiency of Careful Synthesis is effected by your Craftsmanship rating or is it always a set value? Just curious as Careful Synthesis is my go to ability.

Edited, Sep 24th 2013 9:41am by SkinwalkerAsura
#15 Sep 24 2013 at 11:00 AM Rating: Good
***
2,214 posts
I should have added a caveat, I have most of my crafts at 50 now (When I started 2.0 I had 1/2 at 50, the other 1/2 were 36ish).

I was able to use this same basic process to get alchemy and Carpentry to 50 from 36ish, and now only have cooking and leather left to level.

I would highly recommend against buying HQ ingredients from the Market. Though it is hard to HQ before you get all your crafts over 15, there are some abilities that really make a difference.

Hasty Touch. As long as you have the gear to back it up, I couldn't HQ 1/2 the time if it wasn't for this ability.

Inner Quiet. It is a godsend. I don't even use Rumination, as the bonus to quality gain is so important at the end.

Getting as much CP as humanly possible.

And there is quite a bit more to HQing, but that would be for another thread.
#16 Sep 24 2013 at 12:59 PM Rating: Good
Avatar
***
1,208 posts
rfolkker wrote:
And there is quite a bit more to HQing, but that would be for another thread.


Please let me know when you post this thread! Smiley: grin
____________________________
The Kraken Club - (Ultros FC)
Character Name: Meat Mithkabob
#17 Sep 24 2013 at 1:29 PM Rating: Good
***
2,214 posts
Will do. I am planning on mapping out abilities and timing in an image to outline what I have found for best crafting practices. I will try and get it up here when I am done.
#18 Sep 24 2013 at 1:55 PM Rating: Excellent
Avatar
***
1,330 posts
rfolkker wrote:
Will do. I am planning on mapping out abilities and timing in an image to outline what I have found for best crafting practices. I will try and get it up here when I am done.


I've only really seen two main reliable ways of HQ crafting without Level 50 abilities: Great Strides stacking and Hasty/Rapid spamming + Durability recovery. So I'm curious to see what your results end up as because Steady Hand and Steady Hand II are big linchpins for both of those tactics, respectively.

Edit: Not sure why my fingers are dropping words...

Edited, Sep 24th 2013 3:59pm by Ravashack
#19 Sep 24 2013 at 2:27 PM Rating: Decent
***
1,270 posts
I personally use the hasty hand + steady hand 2 method.

Works best for 70/80 durability items.
Few notes:
Use good every time (unless you are at 100% cp, then use the 1.5 multiple)
If you get an excellent and have durability (aka aren't at 10% durability) then always use it with your highest touch/quality ability
You can use other skills like manipulation/waste not, this is just my preferred method.

80 Inner quiet
80 Steady hand 2
80-> 70 Hasty hand
70->60 Hasty hand
60-> 50 hasty hand
50->40 Hasty hand (assuming at least 1 good proc by now, thus steady hands 2 will fade, reapply sooner/later as needed)
50 Steady hand 2 (again apply sooner if needed)
50->40 Hasty hand
40->30 Hasty hand
30->20 Hasty hand
20->80 Masters mend 2
80 steady hand 2 (again apply sooner/later depending on when it fades)
80->70 Hasty hand
70->60 Hasty hand
60->50 Hasty Hand
50->80 Masters Mend 1

By now I am usually 90%+ quality so I will pop a careful synthesis 2 to get an idea of how many it will take (unless I know it will only take 1)
80->70 careful synthesis 2 (calculate how many more careful synthesis are needed to finish, and do n-1, so if you need 3 more to finish, do 2 more careful synthesis)
70->60 careful synthesis 2
60->50 careful synthesis 2

Now you only need 1 more progress to finish, and you have ~90% quality and a few options.

1) Try your luck with hasty hand and no steady hand
2) Use rumination, and apply a steady hand (1 or 2) and use a standard/advanced touch (or lvl 50 crp skill, but it is not needed)
#20 Sep 24 2013 at 2:42 PM Rating: Good
Avatar
***
2,550 posts
Hairspray wrote:
dustinfoley wrote:
My personal advice.

Level all crafts to 15 (just use discover exp, save the leves)
Level culinary to 15-37 for steady hand 2 (use leves 20+, look for the triple hand ins)
Level weaver 15 to 50 for careful synthesis 2

Level what ever other crafters you want, but those level 15 abilities, + steady hand 2 + careful synthesis, should allow you to HQ everything with NQ mats (up till 50* recipes)


Cool, I'm working on the level 15 crafts now... have CUL at 31-32 already so will definitely go to 37 soon, just need to grind out Weaver to 50 (wasn't really planning on doing weaver since it's not for my melee class Dragoon, but hey let's face it... I'm a crafter now almost 100% so who cares if I sew, right?)

Sew What


Edited, Sep 24th 2013 12:38pm by Hairspray


I've got a patchwork flower hanging off my weavers belt and I dont give a ****.
____________________________
Character Name: Valk Ayree
Server: Lamia; Free Company Leader - The Swarm (Swarm)
http://na.finalfantasyxiv.com/lodestone/character/1746889/
- Blue Mage? FTW? -
#21 Sep 24 2013 at 2:44 PM Rating: Good
Avatar
***
2,550 posts
Personally, I love Innovation (got gsm to 50 and unlocked it). Use it all the time.
____________________________
Character Name: Valk Ayree
Server: Lamia; Free Company Leader - The Swarm (Swarm)
http://na.finalfantasyxiv.com/lodestone/character/1746889/
- Blue Mage? FTW? -
#22 Sep 24 2013 at 3:22 PM Rating: Decent
***
1,270 posts
Like i said the more skills you got, the easier it will get that was just my recommendation on where to start to make the whole process easier ;-)
#23 Sep 25 2013 at 12:33 AM Rating: Decent
***
2,377 posts
Here's a thread on the O-Boards listing some of the triple turn in leves. I didn't see it posted here.

http://forum.square-enix.com/ffxiv/threads/89012-Triple-Turn-in-Leves
____________________________
"The game is fun as **** to me and I don't need epeen DPS parsers to feel like a bad ****. " ~Curt Schilling (A.K.A Wyndwraith)
Reply To Thread

Colors Smileys Quote OriginalQuote Checked Help

 

Recent Visitors: 60 All times are in CST
Callinon, Lyrailis, Anonymous Guests (58)