Forum Settings
       
« Previous 1 2
Reply To Thread

Yup SE is definitely tryiing to go mainstreamFollow

#1 Sep 24 2013 at 11:04 PM Rating: Sub-Default
****
4,957 posts
from gameplay style to even terminology. I just thought of the fact that they specifically called the Crystal Tower a 24 man raid. even the players call it as such. Now tell me, in FFXI had SE or ANY of the players playing it EVER call ANY of the endgame events in that game (dynamis, limbus, salvage etc etc) a raid?
#2 Sep 24 2013 at 11:14 PM Rating: Excellent
Scholar
***
1,033 posts
Shut up.
#3 Sep 24 2013 at 11:25 PM Rating: Excellent
I know a song that gets on everybody's nerves!
____________________________
Our team is like a flock of woodpeckers in a petrified forest. We just need to keep working and keep an eye open for opportunity.

FFXI
Toofar - Asura (Formerly of Lakshmi (Garuda)) - WHM BLM SMN
Rafoot - Asura (Formerly of Lakshmi (Garuda)) - THF SAM BRD
#4DuoMaxwellxx, Posted: Sep 24 2013 at 11:50 PM, Rating: Sub-Default, (Expand Post) Doesnt work on me. I mastered the oh so sacred art only known by a small few and mastered by even less than that. Called "ignoring people" You can sing that song that get son everybodies nerves directly in my ear for hours and the entire time I could act like youre not even there. :p
#5 Sep 25 2013 at 12:22 AM Rating: Excellent
Avatar
***
1,556 posts
Uh...what would you have called it in FFXI? An alliance?

What did you expect?

#6 Sep 25 2013 at 12:48 AM Rating: Excellent
*****
12,622 posts
Well.. Isn't it a raid?
____________________________
Blah
#7 Sep 25 2013 at 3:07 AM Rating: Good
**
658 posts
The only ways to stop a widely accepted neologism (in this case "Raid": an instanced event in an MMORPG that involves progressing though an area to obtain treasure that usually has a boss at the end that usually has rewards that are better than those that are obtained in the middle of the area) from being used in a piece of media that post dates the wide acceptance of said neologism is to not include anything that could fall under said definition (which would basically restrict SE to an HNM style system), to make the media only attractive to those who use the various terms that existed before the neologism came along (two problems, 1: said players are probably sticking to their WoW MMOs, 2: the terms used were usually named after the event in question) and lastly, they could try to make their own word, but the only thing harder than resisting a neologism is trying to usurp a neologism with an even newer term.

SImply put, there is a reason why we have "first person shooters" and "open world sandboxes" instead of "doom clones" and "GTA clones".
____________________________
[ffxisig]121077[/ffxisig]
#8 Sep 25 2013 at 3:08 AM Rating: Decent
**
438 posts
if this was XI, they would have given it a french sounding, frou frou-y name that nobody could ever pronounce.

I'm looking at you, Saromogue Champagne, and Meriphataud Mountains!
____________________________
Star Swirl on Behemoth AKA Best-hemoth AKA The Cool Kid's Table----60AST, 60WHM, 60SCH/SMN, 60BLM, 60MNK, 38 PLD, 34DRG, 31NIN, 27MRD
FFXI- Derpypony on Asura
Check out the Dream Network, a Twitch.tv community for XIV fans, featuring notable streamers like Mr. Happy, MTQcapture, Rahhzay, and Slyakagreyfox! http://dreamnetwork.tv/forum/index.php
Then maybe check out myself, EquestriaGuy, on twitch at http://www.twitch.tv/equestriaguy


#9 Sep 25 2013 at 3:08 AM Rating: Excellent
***
2,377 posts
I don't know what you tend to accomplish with your threads, Duo. But they always seem to be unpopular. What you've focused on this time is simple terminology. The content remains the same, yet you decied because SE decided to use more "mainstream" terms, it's more or less unworthy of the FF online gaming franchise.
____________________________
"The game is fun as **** to me and I don't need epeen DPS parsers to feel like a bad ****. " ~Curt Schilling (A.K.A Wyndwraith)
#10 Sep 25 2013 at 3:16 AM Rating: Default
Avatar
***
2,045 posts
They are trying to appeal to the WoW crowd, this ins't something new or surprising is it?

Most new mmos do the same, having said that of course it's never a good idea to try to build a player base off wow players.
____________________________
BANNED
#11 Sep 25 2013 at 3:50 AM Rating: Decent
Avatar
**
425 posts
I miss when recast was called recast, instead of cooldowns.

Yeah the terminology in MMOs are diverting away from professionalism.
____________________________
FFXI character: Elathia ::F Tarutaru::87SCH/75RDM/70WHM/54BLM::Cerberus/Ragnarok/Bahamut::1/23/2004 - 3/25/2015 :: Retired
RDM First 75 Job :: RDM Maat victory: March 28, 2008 (1/3) :: San d'Oria R10 Long live King Destin :: Praise be to the late King Ranperre.
FFXIV character: Selene Silverstorm :: F Lalafell :: WAR60/WHM60/BLM60 :: Ragnarok :: 9/2013 -
Patch note archives for FFXIV: http://na.finalfantasyxiv.com/lodestone/special/patchnote_log/
#12 Sep 25 2013 at 4:14 AM Rating: Excellent
****
4,146 posts
preludes wrote:
They are trying to appeal to the WoW crowd, this ins't something new or surprising is it?


The WoW crowd. I think people are coming around to understand that this 'WoW crowd' isn't really a crowd of WoW players, but rather; players who can appreciate practical game mechanics and a clean, customizable interface.

@OP

This is no different than XI players calling it a 'character' or 'DD'. People use generally accepted terms to refer to something in a manner that most people familiar with MMO games will understand. Raid is one such term.
____________________________
Rinsui wrote:
Only hips + boobs all day and hips + boobs all over my icecream

HaibaneRenmei wrote:
30 bucks is almost free

cocodojo wrote:
Its personal preference and all, but yes we need to educate WoW players that this is OUR game, these are Characters and not Toons. Time to beat that into them one at a time.
#13 Sep 25 2013 at 4:38 AM Rating: Good
Scholar
Avatar
**
600 posts
DuoMaxwellxx wrote:
from gameplay style to even terminology. I just thought of the fact that they specifically called the Crystal Tower a 24 man raid. even the players call it as such. Now tell me, in FFXI had SE or ANY of the players playing it EVER call ANY of the endgame events in that game (dynamis, limbus, salvage etc etc) a raid?


/facepalm
____________________________

Quote:
Fiddle Faddle!

#14 Sep 25 2013 at 4:56 AM Rating: Decent
*****
12,622 posts
Duo was into it before it was cool. Too bad "hipster cred" won't help your karma rating.
____________________________
Blah
#15 Sep 25 2013 at 6:05 AM Rating: Good
*
129 posts
Ya this mainstreaming is awful. They need to come up with a new term that is uniquely theirs.... I know... Let's call these large group events "Fiddle Faddles". "Come to my fiddle faddle!" people would /shout in the cities. New players would have no idea what that was... they'd say "Good sir, what is a fiddle faddle?" and those who are "in the know" would explain "Why let me tell you. A fiddle faddle is like a raid in any other game, but not, because then we'd be just like all those other games out there raiding and raiding instead of fiddle faddling, and who would want that common bunk in this most uncommon of games?"

But no, it's ok that they're calling them raids. Common frames of reference are not the devil.
____________________________
- The artist usually known as Angrynixon
#16 Sep 25 2013 at 6:57 AM Rating: Good
*
81 posts
I'm not quite sure the OP has yet come to realize:

FFXI != FFXIV

Please good sir, understand they are not and never will be the same game!

FFXI is and was a great game, they've created another game of equal if not more enjoyable variety(at least in my opinion and certainly have played both). IF you want FFXI, last I checked the servers are still up.
#17 Sep 25 2013 at 7:00 AM Rating: Excellent
***
1,083 posts
DuoMaxwellxx wrote:
from gameplay style to even terminology. I just thought of the fact that they specifically called the Crystal Tower a 24 man raid. even the players call it as such. Now tell me, in FFXI had SE or ANY of the players playing it EVER call ANY of the endgame events in that game (dynamis, limbus, salvage etc etc) a raid?


And they settled on 'DPS' as the official term for Damage Dealer. So you're right, they are trying to go mainstream. Do you want a cookie or something?
____________________________
Wada: "There may be some areas of testing that were lacking or too rigid."
#18 Sep 25 2013 at 7:00 AM Rating: Excellent
*****
12,622 posts
Furiousnixon wrote:
Ya this mainstreaming is awful. They need to come up with a new term that is uniquely theirs.... I know... Let's call these large group events "Fiddle Faddles". "Come to my fiddle faddle!" people would /shout in the cities. New players would have no idea what that was... they'd say "Good sir, what is a fiddle faddle?" and those who are "in the know" would explain "Why let me tell you. A fiddle faddle is like a raid in any other game, but not, because then we'd be just like all those other games out there raiding and raiding instead of fiddle faddling, and who would want that common bunk in this most uncommon of games?"

But no, it's ok that they're calling them raids. Common frames of reference are not the devil.

My mom says if I keep fiddle faddling, I'll go blind.
____________________________
Blah
#19 Sep 25 2013 at 7:14 AM Rating: Excellent
Needs More Smut
******
21,262 posts
I called Dynamis night "raid night" in FFXI as early as seven years ago when discussing it with friends.

It was the easiest and fastest way to get the point across and it described Dynamis pretty closely.
____________________________
FFXI: Catwho on Bismarck: Retired December 2014
Thayos wrote:
I can't understand anyone who skips the cutscenes of a Final Fantasy game. That's like going to Texas and not getting barbecue.

FFXIV: Katarh Mest and Taprara Rara on Lamia Server - Member of The Swarm
Curator of the XIV Wallpapers Tumblr and the XIV Fashion Tumblr
#20 Sep 25 2013 at 7:27 AM Rating: Default
Scholar
***
2,426 posts
DuoMaxwellxx wrote:
from gameplay style to even terminology. I just thought of the fact that they specifically called the Crystal Tower a 24 man raid. even the players call it as such. Now tell me, in FFXI had SE or ANY of the players playing it EVER call ANY of the endgame events in that game (dynamis, limbus, salvage etc etc) a raid?


took you this long to notice? and you felt the need to make a whole useless thread about it? admins can you get rid of this waste of forum space?
____________________________
monk
dragoon

#21 Sep 25 2013 at 7:42 AM Rating: Decent
Scholar
Avatar
**
600 posts
Furiousnixon wrote:
Ya this mainstreaming is awful. They need to come up with a new term that is uniquely theirs.... I know... Let's call these large group events "Fiddle Faddles". "Come to my fiddle faddle!" people would /shout in the cities. New players would have no idea what that was... they'd say "Good sir, what is a fiddle faddle?" and those who are "in the know" would explain "Why let me tell you. A fiddle faddle is like a raid in any other game, but not, because then we'd be just like all those other games out there raiding and raiding instead of fiddle faddling, and who would want that common bunk in this most uncommon of games?"

But no, it's ok that they're calling them raids. Common frames of reference are not the devil.


Fiddle Faddling was mainstream back in the '50s. Adults would yell "You kids quit fiddle faddling on my lawn!".
____________________________

Quote:
Fiddle Faddle!

#22 Sep 25 2013 at 7:44 AM Rating: Good
*****
12,622 posts
jayfly wrote:
Furiousnixon wrote:
Ya this mainstreaming is awful. They need to come up with a new term that is uniquely theirs.... I know... Let's call these large group events "Fiddle Faddles". "Come to my fiddle faddle!" people would /shout in the cities. New players would have no idea what that was... they'd say "Good sir, what is a fiddle faddle?" and those who are "in the know" would explain "Why let me tell you. A fiddle faddle is like a raid in any other game, but not, because then we'd be just like all those other games out there raiding and raiding instead of fiddle faddling, and who would want that common bunk in this most uncommon of games?"

But no, it's ok that they're calling them raids. Common frames of reference are not the devil.


Fiddle Faddling was mainstream back in the '50s. Adults would yell "You kids quit fiddle faddling on my lawn!".

Gee whillickers. What a swell explanation!
____________________________
Blah
#23 Sep 25 2013 at 7:54 AM Rating: Good
*
129 posts
jayfly wrote:
Furiousnixon wrote:
Ya this mainstreaming is awful. They need to come up with a new term that is uniquely theirs.... I know... Let's call these large group events "Fiddle Faddles". "Come to my fiddle faddle!" people would /shout in the cities. New players would have no idea what that was... they'd say "Good sir, what is a fiddle faddle?" and those who are "in the know" would explain "Why let me tell you. A fiddle faddle is like a raid in any other game, but not, because then we'd be just like all those other games out there raiding and raiding instead of fiddle faddling, and who would want that common bunk in this most uncommon of games?"

But no, it's ok that they're calling them raids. Common frames of reference are not the devil.


Fiddle Faddling was mainstream back in the '50s. Adults would yell "You kids quit fiddle faddling on my lawn!".


That makes it retro then. Reviving long dead things is part of what passes for unique isn't it? Now if you'll excuse me I must return to listening to this game's soundtrack on vinyl, because one can only truly appreciate music from video games on vinyl, the way it was originally intended to be heard.
____________________________
- The artist usually known as Angrynixon
#24 Sep 25 2013 at 8:00 AM Rating: Excellent
Just make sure your party has enough FFPS when entering a Fiddle Faddle!
____________________________
Thayos Redblade
Jormungandr
Hyperion
#25 Sep 25 2013 at 8:02 AM Rating: Good
******
48,708 posts
****, already used the Flim Flam Brothers video this month.
____________________________
George Carlin wrote:
I think it’s the duty of the comedian to find out where the line is drawn and cross it deliberately.
#26 Sep 25 2013 at 8:08 AM Rating: Excellent
*
129 posts
Thayos wrote:
Just make sure your party has enough FFPS when entering a Fiddle Faddle!


I disagree with this. Fiddle Faddles are calculated on a per minute basis because one cannot possibly complete more than 1 fiddle and also faddle in the span of a mere second, or several in fact. That is why it is commonly expected that any given person will only ever achieve 9-10 FFPM (or Fiddle Faddles Per Minute). A real fiddle faddler would know this.

What does any of this mean you ask? Well good sir, if I have to explain it you aren't in a position to understand it anyhow and so it would serve no purpose and so you should go back to your mainstream games with "raids" or w/e the ridiculous clearly not apropos term for groupings of people completing "final phase" (yes, I don't use that main stream "end game" term either it's too common for me) content.

Now, back to fiddle faddling final phase content.
____________________________
- The artist usually known as Angrynixon
#27 Sep 25 2013 at 8:10 AM Rating: Good
Avatar
*
88 posts
I can't believe ppl are just using the F words like this..... I was never allowed to use the F words when I was a kid !
____________________________
Freaky Deaky Excalibur
#28 Sep 25 2013 at 8:15 AM Rating: Excellent
I'm waiting for lolgaxe to post some kind of image involving a Pabst Blue Ribbon can.
____________________________
Thayos Redblade
Jormungandr
Hyperion
#29 Sep 25 2013 at 8:16 AM Rating: Default
Avatar
*
91 posts
Yes there are using alot of mainstream terminology compare to FFXI. FFXI is unique. Now with FFXIV its not just some folks from FFXI but a ton from WoW. Most players I came across are from WoW, I was suprised. So yes they will use those terms to help players from other mmo other than FFXI.
#30 Sep 25 2013 at 8:17 AM Rating: Excellent
******
48,708 posts
Thayos wrote:
I'm waiting for lolgaxe to post some kind of image involving a Pabst Blue Ribbon can.
Too mainstream.
____________________________
George Carlin wrote:
I think it’s the duty of the comedian to find out where the line is drawn and cross it deliberately.
#31 Sep 25 2013 at 8:26 AM Rating: Decent
*
129 posts
In all quasi-seriousness, complaining about terminology in MMOs is a bunch of malarkey anyhow. People are just trying to communicate in a way that is familiar to them using a frame of reference they believe (mistakenly or otherwise, not really important) to be universal. The fact that others understood the point / communication player X or Y was trying to get across, in fact so much so that they had the time to inform them of their dislike of the particular term used and correct them with alternates is just kinda silly and nit picking in the extreme. May not be the terms used in this particular game but consuming energy in a war to correct people is tiresome. Given most of my experiences in DF in this game I'm glad people try to communicate at all, never mind the terms they're using.

____________________________
- The artist usually known as Angrynixon
#32 Sep 25 2013 at 8:29 AM Rating: Excellent
Avatar
*
154 posts
Furiousnixon wrote:
Thayos wrote:
Just make sure your party has enough FFPS when entering a Fiddle Faddle!


I disagree with this. Fiddle Faddles are calculated on a per minute basis because one cannot possibly complete more than 1 fiddle and also faddle in the span of a mere second, or several in fact. That is why it is commonly expected that any given person will only ever achieve 9-10 FFPM (or Fiddle Faddles Per Minute). A real fiddle faddler would know this.

What does any of this mean you ask? Well good sir, if I have to explain it you aren't in a position to understand it anyhow and so it would serve no purpose and so you should go back to your mainstream games with "raids" or w/e the ridiculous clearly not apropos term for groupings of people completing "final phase" (yes, I don't use that main stream "end game" term either it's too common for me) content.

Now, back to fiddle faddling final phase content.


Well done, my friend. Except that you're not taking into account crits or buffs, in which case it is indeed possible to go as high as 12 FFPM with the right gear.

Edited, Sep 25th 2013 10:36am by PhrozenFFXI
#33 Sep 25 2013 at 8:37 AM Rating: Good
*
149 posts
Furiousnixon wrote:
In all quasi-seriousness, complaining about terminology in MMOs is a bunch of malarkey anyhow. People are just trying to communicate in a way that is familiar to them using a frame of reference they believe (mistakenly or otherwise, not really important) to be universal. The fact that others understood the point / communication player X or Y was trying to get across, in fact so much so that they had the time to inform them of their dislike of the particular term used and correct them with alternates is just kinda silly and nit picking in the extreme. May not be the terms used in this particular game but consuming energy in a war to correct people is tiresome. Given most of my experiences in DF in this game I'm glad people try to communicate at all, never mind the terms they're using.



No no no No NOOO!! You're ruining it!!! Quick, someone bring it back! More Fiddle, weave Faddles during movement!
#34 Sep 25 2013 at 8:42 AM Rating: Good
*****
12,622 posts
Just checked my pocket watch (which was hard to get to wearing my girlfriends jeans) and, as I scratched my neckbeard contemplating what could possibly not be awesome about bringing a typewriter to a Starbucks.. It occurred to me..

Posting on ZAM is too mainstream.
____________________________
Blah
#35 Sep 25 2013 at 9:03 AM Rating: Excellent
*****
12,824 posts
Screenshot
 
____________________________
Twitter: http://www.twitter.com/pawkeshup
YouTube: http://www.youtube.com/pawkeshup
Twitch: http://www.twitch.tv/pawkeshup
Blog: http://pawkeshup.blogspot.com
Olorinus the Ludicrous wrote:
The idea of old school is way more interesting than the reality
#36 Sep 25 2013 at 9:21 AM Rating: Excellent
*
129 posts
Lefein wrote:
Just checked my pocket watch (which was hard to get to wearing my girlfriends jeans) and, as I scratched my neckbeard contemplating what could possibly not be awesome about bringing a typewriter to a Starbucks.. It occurred to me..

Posting on ZAM is too mainstream.


Does your typewriter get good Wi-Fi signal? I think the Wi-Fi antenna in mine is broken or something.
____________________________
- The artist usually known as Angrynixon
#37 Sep 25 2013 at 9:22 AM Rating: Good
*****
12,622 posts
Furiousnixon wrote:
Lefein wrote:
Just checked my pocket watch (which was hard to get to wearing my girlfriends jeans) and, as I scratched my neckbeard contemplating what could possibly not be awesome about bringing a typewriter to a Starbucks.. It occurred to me..

Posting on ZAM is too mainstream.


Does your typewriter get good Wi-Fi signal? I think the Wi-Fi antenna in mine is broken or something.

I like, totally like, tether it to my Macbook Pro and boost the wifi signal with a PBR can.
____________________________
Blah
#38 Sep 25 2013 at 9:24 AM Rating: Good
Scholar
Avatar
**
600 posts
Pawkeshup the Meaningless wrote:
Screenshot
 

You're full of FIDDLE FADDLE. Smiley: grin

Edited, Sep 25th 2013 11:25am by jayfly
____________________________

Quote:
Fiddle Faddle!

#39 Sep 25 2013 at 9:27 AM Rating: Good
*
129 posts
Lefein wrote:
Furiousnixon wrote:
Lefein wrote:
Just checked my pocket watch (which was hard to get to wearing my girlfriends jeans) and, as I scratched my neckbeard contemplating what could possibly not be awesome about bringing a typewriter to a Starbucks.. It occurred to me..

Posting on ZAM is too mainstream.


Does your typewriter get good Wi-Fi signal? I think the Wi-Fi antenna in mine is broken or something.

I like, totally like, tether it to my Macbook Pro and boost the wifi signal with a PBR can.


Oh see that's where I went wrong. Macbook Pros are too main stream for me, I was tethering it to a quilt I bought on Etsy.
____________________________
- The artist usually known as Angrynixon
#40 Sep 25 2013 at 9:30 AM Rating: Excellent
*****
12,824 posts
Pffft, you both are too mainstream...

Screenshot
____________________________
Twitter: http://www.twitter.com/pawkeshup
YouTube: http://www.youtube.com/pawkeshup
Twitch: http://www.twitch.tv/pawkeshup
Blog: http://pawkeshup.blogspot.com
Olorinus the Ludicrous wrote:
The idea of old school is way more interesting than the reality
#41 Sep 25 2013 at 9:34 AM Rating: Excellent
Avatar
**
392 posts
DuoMaxwellxx wrote:
from gameplay style to even terminology. I just thought of the fact that they specifically called the Crystal Tower a 24 man raid. even the players call it as such. Now tell me, in FFXI had SE or ANY of the players playing it EVER call ANY of the endgame events in that game (dynamis, limbus, salvage etc etc) a raid?


Wait, so your complaining about SE trying to appeal to the general population? Those bastards. What kind of half *** stupid ******* try to run a business by appealing the ******* general ******* population. SE must be a bunch of ******* ******* licking **** bags for trying to please every ******* person in the ******* world.

Ok, at this point i'm just trying to make as many symbols as i can. **** **** **** ****. But atleast this makes as much sense as the OP **** **** **** **** .
____________________________
"You are what you are on paper."
-
Avirex Idyll - Faerie Server
#42 Sep 25 2013 at 9:40 AM Rating: Good
**
589 posts
RyanSquires wrote:
DuoMaxwellxx wrote:
from gameplay style to even terminology. I just thought of the fact that they specifically called the Crystal Tower a 24 man raid. even the players call it as such. Now tell me, in FFXI had SE or ANY of the players playing it EVER call ANY of the endgame events in that game (dynamis, limbus, salvage etc etc) a raid?


Wait, so your complaining about SE trying to appeal to the general population? Those bastards. What kind of half *** stupid @#%^ers try to run a business by appealing the @#%^ing general @#%^ing population. SE must be a bunch of @#%^ing @#%^ing licking @#%^ bags for trying to please every @#%^ing person in the @#%^ing world.

Ok, at this point i'm just trying to make as many symbols as i can. @#%^ @#%^ @#%^ @#%^. But atleast this makes as much sense as the OP @#%^ @#%^ @#%^ @#%^ .


Just make sure when you Fiddle Faddle A Final Encounter you use your @#%^ rotation or you may cause an" erasure" causing a lot of "Anger Management Two week notices".
#43 Sep 25 2013 at 9:47 AM Rating: Decent
*****
12,622 posts
Furiousnixon wrote:
Lefein wrote:
Furiousnixon wrote:
Lefein wrote:
Just checked my pocket watch (which was hard to get to wearing my girlfriends jeans) and, as I scratched my neckbeard contemplating what could possibly not be awesome about bringing a typewriter to a Starbucks.. It occurred to me..

Posting on ZAM is too mainstream.


Does your typewriter get good Wi-Fi signal? I think the Wi-Fi antenna in mine is broken or something.

I like, totally like, tether it to my Macbook Pro and boost the wifi signal with a PBR can.


Oh see that's where I went wrong. Macbook Pros are too main stream for me, I was tethering it to a quilt I bought on Etsy.

And now my coworkers are trying to figure out why I am laughing and my face is red.. Not quite sure how to explain this one..
____________________________
Blah
#44 Sep 25 2013 at 9:51 AM Rating: Good
Scholar
*
81 posts
Furiousnixon wrote:
In all quasi-seriousness, complaining about terminology in MMOs is a bunch of malarkey anyhow. People are just trying to communicate in a way that is familiar to them using a frame of reference they believe (mistakenly or otherwise, not really important) to be universal. The fact that others understood the point / communication player X or Y was trying to get across, in fact so much so that they had the time to inform them of their dislike of the particular term used and correct them with alternates is just kinda silly and nit picking in the extreme. May not be the terms used in this particular game but consuming energy in a war to correct people is tiresome. Given most of my experiences in DF in this game I'm glad people try to communicate at all, never mind the terms they're using.



Take your logic out of here! Next thing I know, you'll be telling me I shouldn't have a hissy when some midwestener calls my soda "pop".
____________________________
Mika Fuzzypaws - Balmung Server - ( ゜∀゜)彡
#45 Sep 25 2013 at 9:54 AM Rating: Excellent
******
48,708 posts
Furiousnixon wrote:
I was tethering it to a quilt I bought on Etsy.
I bought my quilt in Lancaster. You probably never heard of it.
____________________________
George Carlin wrote:
I think it’s the duty of the comedian to find out where the line is drawn and cross it deliberately.
#46 Sep 25 2013 at 9:58 AM Rating: Decent
*****
12,824 posts
Lefein wrote:
Furiousnixon wrote:
Lefein wrote:
Furiousnixon wrote:
Lefein wrote:
Just checked my pocket watch (which was hard to get to wearing my girlfriends jeans) and, as I scratched my neckbeard contemplating what could possibly not be awesome about bringing a typewriter to a Starbucks.. It occurred to me..

Posting on ZAM is too mainstream.


Does your typewriter get good Wi-Fi signal? I think the Wi-Fi antenna in mine is broken or something.

I like, totally like, tether it to my Macbook Pro and boost the wifi signal with a PBR can.


Oh see that's where I went wrong. Macbook Pros are too main stream for me, I was tethering it to a quilt I bought on Etsy.

And now my coworkers are trying to figure out why I am laughing and my face is red.. Not quite sure how to explain this one..

Just look at them, and say "Oh, don't worry, it's a funny site but you've probably never heard of it. You guys are all so mainstream."

By the way, why did you buy the quilt? Gawd, so mainstream to buy it from Etsy. I made mine from vintage thread I bought from a hobo.
____________________________
Twitter: http://www.twitter.com/pawkeshup
YouTube: http://www.youtube.com/pawkeshup
Twitch: http://www.twitch.tv/pawkeshup
Blog: http://pawkeshup.blogspot.com
Olorinus the Ludicrous wrote:
The idea of old school is way more interesting than the reality
#47 Sep 25 2013 at 10:03 AM Rating: Decent
**
589 posts
Pawkeshup the Meaningless wrote:
Lefein wrote:
Furiousnixon wrote:
Lefein wrote:
Furiousnixon wrote:
Lefein wrote:
Just checked my pocket watch (which was hard to get to wearing my girlfriends jeans) and, as I scratched my neckbeard contemplating what could possibly not be awesome about bringing a typewriter to a Starbucks.. It occurred to me..

Posting on ZAM is too mainstream.


Does your typewriter get good Wi-Fi signal? I think the Wi-Fi antenna in mine is broken or something.

I like, totally like, tether it to my Macbook Pro and boost the wifi signal with a PBR can.


Oh see that's where I went wrong. Macbook Pros are too main stream for me, I was tethering it to a quilt I bought on Etsy.

And now my coworkers are trying to figure out why I am laughing and my face is red.. Not quite sure how to explain this one..

Just look at them, and say "Oh, don't worry, it's a funny site but you've probably never heard of it. You guys are all so mainstream."

By the way, why did you buy the quilt? Gawd, so mainstream to buy it from Etsy. I made mine from vintage thread I bought from a hobo.


Buying stuff from the hobo's SO mainstream. I AM the hobo.
#48 Sep 25 2013 at 10:20 AM Rating: Excellent
*
129 posts
Well you've ruined it now. By even mentioning your secret hobo thread purchasing it's probably "trending" now somewhere. Next people will be "tweeting" the locations of these pop up hobo thread shops and taking pictures of the thread to post on their facebook "walls"... GG on mainstreaming hobo thread.

You'll know hobo thread is mainstream garbage when CNN sends Wolf Blitzer to do a special report on "Hobo Threading", maybe throws up some visual on a green screen of Wolf re-enacting the process of purchasing thread from a hobo.

Edited, Sep 25th 2013 12:22pm by Furiousnixon
____________________________
- The artist usually known as Angrynixon
#49 Sep 25 2013 at 10:29 AM Rating: Excellent
Avatar
*
154 posts
Furiousnixon wrote:
Well you've ruined it now. By even mentioning your secret hobo thread purchasing it's probably "trending" now somewhere. Next people will be "tweeting" the locations of these pop up hobo thread shops and taking pictures of the thread to post on their facebook "walls"... GG on mainstreaming hobo thread.

You'll know hobo thread is mainstream garbage when CNN sends Wolf Blitzer to do a special report on "Hobo Threading", maybe throws up some visual on a green screen of Wolf re-enacting the process of purchasing thread from a hobo.

Edited, Sep 25th 2013 12:22pm by Furiousnixon


Pfft. I get the cotton to make my thread straight from the field. That makes it 87.68% more organic.
87.68 is an actual number. Actual numbers are facts. That's a fact.

Edited, Sep 25th 2013 12:32pm by PhrozenFFXI
#50 Sep 25 2013 at 10:33 AM Rating: Decent
*****
12,622 posts
PhrozenFFXI wrote:
Furiousnixon wrote:
Well you've ruined it now. By even mentioning your secret hobo thread purchasing it's probably "trending" now somewhere. Next people will be "tweeting" the locations of these pop up hobo thread shops and taking pictures of the thread to post on their facebook "walls"... GG on mainstreaming hobo thread.

You'll know hobo thread is mainstream garbage when CNN sends Wolf Blitzer to do a special report on "Hobo Threading", maybe throws up some visual on a green screen of Wolf re-enacting the process of purchasing thread from a hobo.

Edited, Sep 25th 2013 12:22pm by Furiousnixon


Pfft. I get the cotton to make my thread straight from the field.

I was SO about to make a deep south/slave name/and-or spiritual song reference, but then I remembered this isn't The Asylum.
____________________________
Blah
#51 Sep 25 2013 at 10:34 AM Rating: Excellent
Avatar
*
154 posts
Lefein wrote:
PhrozenFFXI wrote:
Furiousnixon wrote:
Well you've ruined it now. By even mentioning your secret hobo thread purchasing it's probably "trending" now somewhere. Next people will be "tweeting" the locations of these pop up hobo thread shops and taking pictures of the thread to post on their facebook "walls"... GG on mainstreaming hobo thread.

You'll know hobo thread is mainstream garbage when CNN sends Wolf Blitzer to do a special report on "Hobo Threading", maybe throws up some visual on a green screen of Wolf re-enacting the process of purchasing thread from a hobo.

Edited, Sep 25th 2013 12:22pm by Furiousnixon


Pfft. I get the cotton to make my thread straight from the field.

I was SO about to make a deep south/slave name/and-or spiritual song reference, but then I remembered this isn't The Asylum.


I mention cotton and fields and the first place you go is a slavery reference?
You...you have some issues to work out, my friend.
« Previous 1 2
Reply To Thread

Colors Smileys Quote OriginalQuote Checked Help

 

Recent Visitors: 69 All times are in CST
Anonymous Guests (69)