ok I have two issues with teh final boss in this dungeon:
1) the healer runs out of mp (same for the pld tank) is there no Refresh like spell/ability to help with mp management?
2) Our PLD is smart enough to move the dragon out of the toxic waste however it seems like after the dragon spews on the floor 2 or 3 times you run out of places to move him and to stand in yourself? i.e anywhere you go either the boss will be standing in poison getting healed or youll be standing in it getting damaged and the toxic waste doesnt seem to go away.. and IF it doe sit takes WAY too long.
Sooo all that being said.. any tips?
Like it was said before me, that boss is one of the first jump in the difficulty in the game. I've run this dungeon around 20 times to get all the gear (which look awesome) as a pld. Here is the indication that I give to the party before the run, it worked well so far.
1. Don't ever, ever get caught in frontal AoE, it huuurt (that include the tank as well). Getting hit once or twice isn't problematic, but if the pld can't dodge it, the healer WILL run out of MP before the end of the fight. The breath attack will do serious damage to all non-tank character and will most likely one-shot the mage-armor's one.
2. He will target a random party member and cast a poison pool. That pool will stay on the floor for a long time (almost the whole fight). So it's important for party member to not stay to close together (so not 2 people get hit at the same time) AND it's also important that all the party member stand in a place that a poison pool won't be too much in the way. This is specially important for dragoon and monk, who like to stand behind the boss (which is often, the middle of the room). That way, the tank can move the boss around the room easily, which will reduce the number of time the boss will heal himself.
It's totally ok for melee DPS to be in a spot were to they do a little less damage from not being on the side or behind the mob but is in a secure poison pool zone.
3. If you have a whm/cng, have him remove the poison on the tank, specially if it have more than 3 stack. At that number of stack it's more efficient than curing through the poison. Antidote doesn't work on that poison (I've tried)
With this, most run will be a cake with a proper equipped party (and even them)
Good luck on your run.