Forum Settings
       
« Previous 1 2 3
Reply To Thread

Helpful info & advice for crafters from crafters. Follow

#1 Oct 02 2013 at 6:49 AM Rating: Excellent
Avatar
**
392 posts
Previously, the member Hairspray posted a thread about repeatable levequest for DoH's. This was a great list for anyone looking to level a DoH (repeat leves are only open once you hit lvl 20) and did not want to mindlessly grind through the levels simply by make a warehouse full of items.

Since I had just recently started WVR I checked out the list and did the quest "Hitting below the belt" in Ul'dah. As it goes it was easy enough to HQ the required items and collect my 16,281 EXP (5,427 base exp + 10,854 bonus exp, bonus is always double when HQ items are turned in). The Gil received is also always doubled, but the reward items such as shards/webs ect ect are not.

You should always aim for leve's lower then your current level to maximize your chances of HQing, obviously.

The quest "Hitting below the belt" is a repeatable levequest which means i can turn in additional items without having to use up another leve allowance. The NPC related to the quest will offer you this option once you turn in the first items.

This is **** good exp for what little effort is put into it, but repeatable leves are not always the best way to go. If you are really low on leve allowances and need the most bang for you buck, then doing repeatable leves are the best as 1 leve = 3 turn ins. However, if you have a good bit of leves built up then single use leves would be a better option.

I will compare WVR levequest (as it is the only craft i have leveled at this time) 'Hitting below the belt", a lvl 20 repeatable levequest, to "Getting handys" and "Doublet Jeopardy", both lvl 20 single levequests in terms of rewards (HQ results only) and items required.

Hitting below the Belt - Repeatable.
Items: 3 Cotton Breeches of Crafting.
- 3 Lightning shards
- 3 Wind shards.
- 3 Leathers.
- 6 Undyed Cotton Cloth.
- 3 Cotton Yarn.
TOTAL EXP: 16,281 per turn in.
EXP per leve: 48,843.
904.5 exp per ingredient used if you do 3 turn-ins for the leve.

Getting Handys - Single.
Items: 1 Cotton Dress Gloves.
- 1 Wind shard.
- 2 Lightning shards.
- 2 Cotton Cloth.
- 2 Cotton Yarn.
TOTAL EXP: 19,119 per turn in.
EXP per leve: 19,119
2,731.2 exp per ingredient used.

Doublet Jeopardy - Single.
Items: 1 Cotton Doublet Vest of Gathering.
- 2 Lightning shards.
- 1 Wind shard.
- 1 Brass Ingot.
- 1 Hard leather.
- 1 Cotton Cloth.
- 1 Cotton Yarn.
TOTAL EXP: 30,867 per turn in.
EXP per leve: 30,867
4,409.5 exp per ingredient used.

As you can see, the repeatable leve does net a greater amount of EXP per leve but the EXP per ingredient used is far lower when compared to the single use leves. So, if you are short on leve allowances then repeatable leves are better, but if you have allowances just lying around, as I do because i don't use them for anything else, then single use ones seem to be better.

"Getting Handys" leve is my personal favorite thus far due to the items being incredibly easy to farm up and to HQ. This leve alone took me from 28-33 in minutes.

I hope this was useful to those looking to level a DoH job. Happy crafting.



Edited, Oct 2nd 2013 9:11am by RyanSquires

Edited, Oct 3rd 2013 4:23pm by RyanSquires
____________________________
"You are what you are on paper."
-
Avirex Idyll - Faerie Server
#2 Oct 02 2013 at 6:51 AM Rating: Excellent
Avatar
**
425 posts
Also hurts less on the shard usage.
____________________________
FFXI character: Elathia ::F Tarutaru::87SCH/75RDM/70WHM/54BLM::Cerberus/Ragnarok/Bahamut::1/23/2004 - 3/25/2015 :: Retired
RDM First 75 Job :: RDM Maat victory: March 28, 2008 (1/3) :: San d'Oria R10 Long live King Destin :: Praise be to the late King Ranperre.
FFXIV character: Selene Silverstorm :: F Lalafell :: WAR60/WHM60/BLM60 :: Ragnarok :: 9/2013 -
Patch note archives for FFXIV: http://na.finalfantasyxiv.com/lodestone/special/patchnote_log/
#3 Oct 02 2013 at 6:53 AM Rating: Good
Avatar
**
392 posts
TwilightSkye wrote:
Also hurts less on the shard usage.


True, and the single use ones usually do net you shards after so many uses. I know the getting handys one does offer diremite webs at first, then goes to lightning shards.
____________________________
"You are what you are on paper."
-
Avirex Idyll - Faerie Server
#4 Oct 02 2013 at 7:03 AM Rating: Decent
Scholar
****
4,511 posts
I have been thinking about the same things really.

It's true that 3 turn-ins worth a total of 9 HQ's will net you more EXP than simply doing 3 leves where you turn in one HQ each.

But that not only means you need to get more materials, it also means you need to get lucky and HQ those more frequently as well.

In the long run, if you simply have a lot of Leves left, it's probably best if you just turn in HQ singles instead of the 3/3 ones that turn into 9/9.

That said, i have been guilty spamming the 9 turn-in ones myself, but that was more because i could HQ the lower ones pretty much guaranteed when i hit mid-40s and wanted it over and done with.
____________________________
[XI] Surivere of Valefor
[XIV] Sir Surian Bedivere of Behemoth
http://na.finalfantasyxiv.com/lodestone/character/2401553/
#5 Oct 02 2013 at 7:08 AM Rating: Good
Avatar
**
392 posts
The "Getting handys" quest for me is still netting me great exp at lvl 33 so i will continue to do that until the exp loses it's luster. If i find another leve higher and it is just as easy to gather / HQ the items then i will move onto that one. But, for now "getting handys" is just to easy to pass up. Farming the cotton balls is all that is needed, super fast and easy.

EDIT: Doublet Jepordy is starting to get easier too due to the ingot getting easier to HQ too.



Edited, Oct 2nd 2013 9:11am by RyanSquires
____________________________
"You are what you are on paper."
-
Avirex Idyll - Faerie Server
#6 Oct 02 2013 at 7:31 AM Rating: Good
***
1,270 posts
Well one thing you will see as you start to get a few of the higher end skills (cul 37 and weaver 50) is that getting HQ on same level levequests gets easier and easier.

It takes me 4 leves to go from 35 to 40, using the repeatable (triple) levequests. On average I HQ 8/9 of the items, but usually i can get all 9 and just sell the non-hq ones on the market board and make up the difference. You dont even have to HQ the subs, its rather easy to make HQ with NQ raws, however HQ makes it WAY easier. What I will do is count how many of each reagent i need to do 4 leves, and try to HQ all the subs (more for exp than for needing the HQ), and that alone takes you from 35-36, then do 1 set of leves (9 combines at around 6-10k a combine depending on exp scroll and rest exp) and hand in for 150k+ exp. You only do 1 at a time so that you will level before you start the next set, thus making it easier.

Technically speaking, the best exp/leve are deemed 'courier'. It starts in town and asks you to deliver a single item to a level specific outpost. AKA "Doublet Jepordy", the snag being you need to favorite both locations or you lose money on teleporting back and forth. If I am doing courier i will set uldah (or w/e city they start in) as the home point, make a HQ item, TP to destination, and hand in, then do 1-2 hq single item leves while there while waiting on the return time to repop.
#7 Oct 02 2013 at 7:56 AM Rating: Good
Avatar
***
1,208 posts
I'll have to tell Crystal Light about the single turn-in ones. She doesn't mind burning the single ones as long as she gets levelled up faster and with less effort.

I'm a big fan of the triple leves... for some reason I like seeing big huge EXP numbers fly by at the end.
____________________________
The Kraken Club - (Ultros FC)
Character Name: Meat Mithkabob
#8 Oct 02 2013 at 8:07 AM Rating: Good
Avatar
**
425 posts
I got extremely lucky on my first attempt of this. Hasty Touch didn't fail on an excellent(hate it when it does that.) But at my level(WVR21) I can't see myself consistently HQing. This is good though because I was dreading the triple turn ins for this reason. At least I only have to worry about failing to HQ the result. HQing the mats themselves is easy.
____________________________
FFXI character: Elathia ::F Tarutaru::87SCH/75RDM/70WHM/54BLM::Cerberus/Ragnarok/Bahamut::1/23/2004 - 3/25/2015 :: Retired
RDM First 75 Job :: RDM Maat victory: March 28, 2008 (1/3) :: San d'Oria R10 Long live King Destin :: Praise be to the late King Ranperre.
FFXIV character: Selene Silverstorm :: F Lalafell :: WAR60/WHM60/BLM60 :: Ragnarok :: 9/2013 -
Patch note archives for FFXIV: http://na.finalfantasyxiv.com/lodestone/special/patchnote_log/
#9 Oct 02 2013 at 8:25 AM Rating: Excellent
***
3,178 posts
I have been using the single use Leves in order to change the rewards offered. Rewards for all offered Leves will change whenever you turn in any Leve.

So I'm trying to horde Diremite Webs, I turn in the single turn-in Initiate's Slops until the reward for the Triple turn-in Leve changes to Diremite webs. Only then do I accept the Triple turn-in Leve.

If you have huge back-log of Leve allowances then you can use them however seems most beneficial, including manipulating the rewards before accepting a Leve.
#10 Oct 02 2013 at 8:32 AM Rating: Excellent
Scholar
***
1,910 posts
First off, this thread has gone this long without anyone commenting on "Getting Handys"...

Secondly, later when recipes require odd ingredients that you can't simply buy off the vendor is when you have to worry about things. Typically the multi-turn-in quests use lesser, or easier to gather, components and the single turn ins require more difficult/cross-class ingredients. But there is some logic, if you're hemorrhaging allowances then there's no reason you can't blow through some single-craft leves if you can HQ them--if the materials are available.

Edited, Oct 2nd 2013 9:34am by Krycis
____________________________
Ultros: Brinna Vahn
#11 Oct 02 2013 at 8:38 AM Rating: Good
***
2,214 posts
Krycis wrote:
First off, this thread has gone this long without anyone commenting on "Getting Handys"...

Secondly, later when recipes require odd ingredients that you can't simply buy off the vendor is when you have to worry about things. Typically the multi-turn-in quests use lesser, or easier to gather, components and the single turn ins require more difficult/cross-class ingredients. But there is some logic, if you're hemorrhaging allowances then there's no reason you can't blow through some single-craft leves if you can HQ them--if the materials are available.

Edited, Oct 2nd 2013 9:34am by Krycis

For a quick note on Alchemy (which I think people are either not leveling up, or are not familiar with), once you hit 35, you get nearly a free shot to 50. I found it interesting, because you can't actually sell the HQ result on the ward for this for some reason (nobody buying?)...

But Paralyzing Pots have some of the easiest to obtain ingredients in the game, and it's a 5x by 3x turn-in for the triple, giving nearly 90k to start, and by level 49 you are still getting 60K+ per turn in.

For the most part, I have found that the level 35 leves in general are the best ones to do for the repeat turn-ins, as they tend to use the easiest ingredients for the most exp gain. I have gotten Carpenter, Alchemy, and Weaving from 36-50 now just from those leves, and I am already almost back up to my full leve allowance.
#12 Oct 02 2013 at 8:53 AM Rating: Excellent
Avatar
**
392 posts
I found a good indication of weather or not i can reguarly create HQ items using NQ items is by doing a simple 'test run' which can change pattern depending on the condition of the item. The item has to be able to be completed with 1 CAREFUL SYNTHESIS.

For a basic run let's say that all the conditions are under normal;

STEADY HANDS > GREAT STRIDES > STANDARD TOUCH > STANDARD TOUCH > STANDARD TOUCH > CAREFUL SYNTHESIS.

This pattern will usually result in a minimum of 40% chance to HQ. But, odds are you will get at least one GOOD condition during the process, at which point you change up the pattern when you see a GOOD or EXCELLENT appear. Example:

STEADY HANDS > good condition > STANDARD TOUCH > GREAT STRIDES > STANDARD TOUCH
> STANDARD TOUCH > CAREFUL SYNTHESIS.

If an Excellent pops after STEADY HANDS, it's pretty much a 100% HQ. STANDARD TOUCH while under STEADY HANDS is a 100% success. (80% from ST and 20% increase from SH)

I also throw in a OBSERVE after GREAT STRIDES in hopes of turning a normal into a good condition.
There may be other methods, but for me currently (33 WVR), this works amazingly well for turning NQ cotton balls into HQ yarn. And usually i only need 1 NQ and 1 HQ yarn to make HQ cloth. This also works for "Getting Handys" leve.

Hope this helps.


____________________________
"You are what you are on paper."
-
Avirex Idyll - Faerie Server
#13 Oct 02 2013 at 9:14 AM Rating: Excellent
RyanSquires wrote:
I found a good indication of weather or not i can reguarly create HQ items using NQ items is by doing a simple 'test run' which can change pattern depending on the condition of the item. The item has to be able to be completed with 1 CAREFUL SYNTHESIS.

For a basic run let's say that all the conditions are under normal;

STEADY HANDS > GREAT STRIDES > STANDARD TOUCH > STANDARD TOUCH > STANDARD TOUCH > CAREFUL SYNTHESIS.

This pattern will usually result in a minimum of 40% chance to HQ. But, odds are you will get at least one GOOD condition during the process, at which point you change up the pattern when you see a GOOD or EXCELLENT appear. Example:

STEADY HANDS > good condition > STANDARD TOUCH > GREAT STRIDES > STANDARD TOUCH
> STANDARD TOUCH > CAREFUL SYNTHESIS.

If an Excellent pops after STEADY HANDS, it's pretty much a 100% HQ. STANDARD TOUCH while under STEADY HANDS is a 100% success. (80% from ST and 20% increase from SH)

I also throw in a OBSERVE after GREAT STRIDES in hopes of turning a normal into a good condition.
There may be other methods, but for me currently (33 WVR), this works amazingly well for turning NQ cotton balls into HQ yarn. And usually i only need 1 NQ and 1 HQ yarn to make HQ cloth. This also works for "Getting Handys" leve.

Hope this helps.




Interesting, I'll try this later. I've been having good success HQing completed items with the Hasty Touch method. Been getting a consistent 3 out of 5 with a solid chance at a fourth. I don't have Steady Hand 2 so I'm assuming that it will get better when I do.
#14 Oct 02 2013 at 9:20 AM Rating: Decent
**
576 posts
At that level, I did the same type of cost/benefit analysis, and decided to go with the single turn in leve in Uldah called "Don't Sash Me".

http://ffxiv.gamerescape.com/wiki/Don%27t_Sash_Me

The turn in is a single cotton sash, requiring only 3 cotton cloth and one cotton yarn.

In my lower 20's, I'd start with cotton bolls so I could HQ as much cloth/yarn as I could, but later in the 20's, I was buying cotton yarn from the alchemists guild and was still able to HQ reliably.

This worked very well, but I ran through 45 allowances very quickly. I recently switched to culinarian an have had to rely on repeatable leves to help with my allowances.

tl;dr : Single turn ins can be very good, but you're limited by allowances in the long run (especially if you're leveling multiple professions)
____________________________
FFXI, Siren: Pickins BST99.:~:.BLM75.:~:.RDM56
FFXIV, Siren: Miss Pickins - Builder of the Realm
#15 Oct 02 2013 at 9:30 AM Rating: Good
Avatar
**
392 posts
SkinwalkerAsura wrote:

Interesting, I'll try this later. I've been having good success HQing completed items with the Hasty Touch method. Been getting a consistent 3 out of 5 with a solid chance at a fourth. I don't have Steady Hand 2 so I'm assuming that it will get better when I do.


If you get SH II, then don't use STANDARD TOUCH as you will be basically wasting the CP. SH II will probably benefit more form BASIC TOUCH and reduce the amount of CP you use, therefore providing you more CP to use elsewhere during the process.

I am not saying the way I do it is best, just thought I'd mention my method. Food for thought. ^.^
____________________________
"You are what you are on paper."
-
Avirex Idyll - Faerie Server
#16 Oct 02 2013 at 9:46 AM Rating: Good
Avatar
**
425 posts
I can't do that at my level. Great Strides + Steady Hand = burn through my meager CP that TotT isn't going to help with.

When turning cotton into yarn(without using HQ cotton as a mat), I IQ+SH and Hasty Touch all the way and then Master Mend. 2-3 Hasty Touches and then Careful Synthesis the rest.

I'd say I HQ 40% of the time >_>.


Edited, Oct 2nd 2013 11:46am by TwilightSkye
____________________________
FFXI character: Elathia ::F Tarutaru::87SCH/75RDM/70WHM/54BLM::Cerberus/Ragnarok/Bahamut::1/23/2004 - 3/25/2015 :: Retired
RDM First 75 Job :: RDM Maat victory: March 28, 2008 (1/3) :: San d'Oria R10 Long live King Destin :: Praise be to the late King Ranperre.
FFXIV character: Selene Silverstorm :: F Lalafell :: WAR60/WHM60/BLM60 :: Ragnarok :: 9/2013 -
Patch note archives for FFXIV: http://na.finalfantasyxiv.com/lodestone/special/patchnote_log/
#17 Oct 02 2013 at 9:48 AM Rating: Good
**
589 posts
Very interesting, thanks for sharing. I find it quite easy to HQ now provided it's a 70 or 80 durability item. HQing the 40 ones are very tricky when the synth is around your actual level. Best thing I did was get Steady Hand II.
____________________________
Solomon Grundy | Born on a Monday | Excalibur Server | Abyss: Welcome to a Higher Quality of Nerding™
#18 Oct 02 2013 at 9:49 AM Rating: Good
***
2,214 posts
The one ability that I think is truly priceless when crafting is Inner Quiet. The steady increase of Quality for success is beyond awesome. Using that with Advanced touch (for later level crafting) has gotten me (on lucky attempts of having Great Strides up, with Excellent condition mind you) over 1500 points in a single action.
#19 Oct 02 2013 at 9:53 AM Rating: Good
**
287 posts
Ok thought I'd chime in on this. First off if you have Steady Hands II you obviously have access to Hasty Hands, this completely replaces Basic touch as long as you have the SH buff. While HH doesn't completely replace Basic touch, e.g. you have enough durability left to go for one more attempt at quality but only enough cp for BT but not enough for even a SH I, use BT. Second, never, ever use great strides early in a synth, use it when you have several stacks of Inner quiet, that way you get the most bang for your buck.

Basically my rotation is this for 40 dura items. IQ>SH II> Manip/Waste not I/II> HT > HT > Ht > Ht> Gs> largest available touch for the level> Gs> largest available touch for the level> Careful Synth I/II. if the Item requires more than Careful Synth to finish I subtract a HT from the rotation so i can tack on the end. Now if the item needs 3 or more careful synths to finish, you are going to need to be blessed by the RNG to HQ meaning its too high to play with or your craftsmanship is too low, either way its not worth ******** with.

I use a similar rotation for the 80 Dura synths but you have more leeway when it comes to those so you can experiment with them a bit to find what works with you, but my advice for a new synth you havent done before is increase progress till you need one more turn to finish then increase quality.
____________________________
Guns dont kill people. Rangers and Hunters with guns kill people.
Jefro420 wrote:
I won't be checking anyone in the BC ward that doesn't have star over their head from now on.




[ffxivsig]363957[/ffxivsig]
#20 Oct 02 2013 at 9:59 AM Rating: Excellent
TwilightSkye wrote:
I can't do that at my level. Great Strides + Steady Hand = burn through my meager CP that TotT isn't going to help with.

When turning cotton into yarn(without using HQ cotton as a mat), I IQ+SH and Hasty Touch all the way and then Master Mend. 2-3 Hasty Touches and then Careful Synthesis the rest.

I'd say I HQ 40% of the time >_>.


Edited, Oct 2nd 2013 11:46am by TwilightSkye


If you don't have it get ALC to 15 Tricks of the Trade and CRP to 15 for Rumination. Both help a ton for CP.
#21 Oct 02 2013 at 10:00 AM Rating: Excellent
****
5,745 posts
If you are constantly running out of levequest allowances, then a triple turn in leve is better than a single turn in, since you're maximizing the amount of exp per leve allowance. On the other hand, if you constantly have a surplus of levequest allowances, then single turn in leves tend to be better, since they maximize the amount of exp per materials used.

Even if you have a surplus of leve allowances, the triple turn in ones are worth doing if the reward offered is one of the more valuable staples (e.g. diremite webs, fleece, etc), since you get that reward for each turn in.

At lvl 46 Weaving, I have been sticking with mostly the lvl 40 or lvl 35 not because I have a better chance at HQing the required items as compared to the ones for the lvl 45 leves, but because the lvl 40 and lvl 35 ones just require linen (and flax is cheap). The lvl 45 ones require wool, and fleece costs 5 to 10 times as much as flax. So that's another factor worth considering.
____________________________
Lyonheart, like Eorzia, will be reborn in FFXIV!

FFXI veteran (Lyonheart and Lakiskline of Lakshmi)
1/467 on signed HQ Weskit!!!
#22 Oct 02 2013 at 10:14 AM Rating: Good
Avatar
**
425 posts
SkinwalkerAsura wrote:
TwilightSkye wrote:
I can't do that at my level. Great Strides + Steady Hand = burn through my meager CP that TotT isn't going to help with.

When turning cotton into yarn(without using HQ cotton as a mat), I IQ+SH and Hasty Touch all the way and then Master Mend. 2-3 Hasty Touches and then Careful Synthesis the rest.

I'd say I HQ 40% of the time >_>.


Edited, Oct 2nd 2013 11:46am by TwilightSkye


If you don't have it get ALC to 15 Tricks of the Trade and CRP to 15 for Rumination. Both help a ton for CP.

TotT = Tricks of the Trade, so I have that.

I've been putting off leveling CRP.
____________________________
FFXI character: Elathia ::F Tarutaru::87SCH/75RDM/70WHM/54BLM::Cerberus/Ragnarok/Bahamut::1/23/2004 - 3/25/2015 :: Retired
RDM First 75 Job :: RDM Maat victory: March 28, 2008 (1/3) :: San d'Oria R10 Long live King Destin :: Praise be to the late King Ranperre.
FFXIV character: Selene Silverstorm :: F Lalafell :: WAR60/WHM60/BLM60 :: Ragnarok :: 9/2013 -
Patch note archives for FFXIV: http://na.finalfantasyxiv.com/lodestone/special/patchnote_log/
#23 Oct 02 2013 at 10:45 AM Rating: Good
Avatar
**
392 posts
Happy to see so many others sharing their methods. This should be a good source for anyone looking to level a DoH.

Thanks everyone for sharing.
____________________________
"You are what you are on paper."
-
Avirex Idyll - Faerie Server
#24 Oct 02 2013 at 11:45 AM Rating: Good
Scholar
Avatar
**
340 posts
RyanSquires wrote:


STEADY HANDS > GREAT STRIDES > STANDARD TOUCH > STANDARD TOUCH > STANDARD TOUCH > CAREFUL SYNTHESIS.



I would suggest Great Strides first, before steady hands. Since Great Strides last for 3 steps but will go away at the first successful touch, you lose pretty much nothing (except if you fails your 2 first touchs) but gain one more steps at the end under the effect of Steady Hands. This is will allow you (if you have the CP) to do one more Great Strides in the middle of all the standard touchs.

And also, since you will have 2 step with the effect of Great Strides active, you have one more chance to hit excellent condition while Great Strides is there. Great Strides + Excellent condition = HQ (most of the time)

Finally, since your last step will be under Steady hand (even while following your way, you can use basic Synthesis, it's still gonna be 100%)

Edited, Oct 2nd 2013 1:48pm by Pryssant
____________________________
Pryssant Novio - Ultros Server.
<Chocobo> <cooking>? <Yes, please>!
HOOYA!!!!
http://www.vgcats.com/comics/?strip_id=97
#25 Oct 02 2013 at 11:49 AM Rating: Good
***
3,178 posts
Pryssant wrote:
RyanSquires wrote:


STEADY HANDS > GREAT STRIDES > STANDARD TOUCH > STANDARD TOUCH > STANDARD TOUCH > CAREFUL SYNTHESIS.



I would suggest Great Strides first, before steady hands. Since Great Strides last for 3 steps but will go away at the first successful touch, you lose pretty much nothing (except if you fails your 2 first touchs) but gain one more steps at the end under the effect of Steady Hands. This is will allow you (if you have the CP) to do one more Great Strides in the middle of all the standard touchs.

And also, since you will have 2 step with the effect of Great Strides active, you have one more chance to hit excellent condition while Great Strides is there. Great Strides + Excellent condition = HQ (most of the time)

Finally, since your last step will be under Steady hand (even while following your way, you can use basic Synthesis, it's still gonna be 100%)

Edited, Oct 2nd 2013 1:48pm by Pryssant


Oh, nice catch. I need to switch my starting order as well. Thanks!!
#26 Oct 02 2013 at 11:53 AM Rating: Good
Avatar
**
392 posts
Pryssant wrote:
RyanSquires wrote:


STEADY HANDS > GREAT STRIDES > STANDARD TOUCH > STANDARD TOUCH > STANDARD TOUCH > CAREFUL SYNTHESIS.



I would suggest Great Strides first, before steady hands. Since Great Strides last for 3 steps but will go away at the first successful touch, you lose pretty much nothing (except if you fails your 2 first touchs) but gain one more steps at the end under the effect of Steady Hands. This is will allow you (if you have the CP) to do one more Great Strides in the middle of all the standard touchs.

And also, since you will have 2 step with the effect of Great Strides active, you have one more chance to hit excellent condition while Great Strides is there. Great Strides + Excellent condition = HQ (most of the time)

Finally, since your last step will be under Steady hand (even while following your way, you can use basic Synthesis, it's still gonna be 100%)

Edited, Oct 2nd 2013 1:48pm by Pryssant


I used SH first because it makes my ST's 100%. so if i do GS then a GOOD or EXCELLENT pops and I follow w/ a ST, it's only 80% that it will hit, I have seen it miss on 80%, **** i've seen a miss on 90%. I do it this way because i know it won't miss.

So if i start w/ SH and a good or excellent pops, i just ST (guaranteed not to miss) it, then GS > ST. It still pretty much maxes out my HQ %. and I do use OBSERVE from time to time trying to get a better condition.

You way does work if you can afford another GS, but currently at 33 i cannot. The way i've shown is the way how i do it to make sure none of my ST's fail. And if you do it with my set up, your final attempt won't have SH's on it, which is why i use CS (again, another guarantee not to fail).




Edited, Oct 2nd 2013 2:05pm by RyanSquires
____________________________
"You are what you are on paper."
-
Avirex Idyll - Faerie Server
« Previous 1 2 3
Reply To Thread

Colors Smileys Quote OriginalQuote Checked Help

 

Recent Visitors: 88 All times are in CDT
Anonymous Guests (88)