Due to login and character creation restrictions set in place after the start of official service, many players were unable to create characters on their desired Worlds. In order to address this issue, players will be allowed to use the World Transfer Service free of charge from Tuesday, October 15, 2013, to Sunday, October 21, 2013, 01:00 a.m.
After reading the guidelines below, please proceed to the FFXIV: Mog Station to use the World Transfer Service.
- What is the World Transfer Service?
Using the World Transfer Service, players can move characters on their service accounts to be from one World to another.
Although multiple characters can be transferred from one World to another with a single use of this service, multiple characters from different Worlds cannot be transferred to the same World, nor can multiple characters from a single World be transferred to separate Worlds.
- World Population Status (October 10, 2013)
- Crowded Worlds
Japan Data Center NA/EU Data Center Alexander Behemoth Anima Cactuar Atomos Excalibur(LEGACY) Carbuncle Hyperion(LEGACY) Fenrir Moogle(EU) Garuda Ultros Ifrit Ramuh Tiamat Titan
Japan Data Center NA/EU Data Center Asura Coeurl Belias Brynhildr Pandaemonium Faerie Unicorn Famfrit Yojimbo Goblin Zeromus Lamia Lich(EU) Malboro Mateus Siren Zalera
* Characters cannot be transferred to a World which has already reached the limit for character creation.
* Characters can also be transferred between data centers.
- Transfers Involving Legacy Worlds
In order to allow the economy of newly established Worlds to stabilize, the following restrictions have been set in place for Legacy Worlds.
Transferrable Current Destination World World ○ Non-Legacy World -> Legacy World ○ Legacy World -> Legacy World × Legacy World -> Non-Legacy World
- How to use the World Transfer Service
Step 1: Confirm Your Eligibility
The following conditions must be met before using the World Transfer Service:
- You must possess an active service account for FINAL FANTASY XIV: A Realm Reborn.
- You must be logged out of the game.
- Your character cannot be enlisted in a free company, holding a free company petition, or signed to a free company petition.
- Your character cannot have items for sale on the market.
- Your character cannot have items entrusted to the Calamity Salvager NPC.
- Your character must rehire any retainers carried over from Version 1.0.
- Your character must be logged out outside of any instanced areas.
- Your free trial period must be expired.
- The character you wish to transfer must be at least three days old.
- Your service account cannot be suspended due to a violation of Terms of Service or a hold on the account.
Furthermore, characters can only transfer 3 million gil, while retainers can only transfer 1 million gil. Please be aware that excess gil will be lost.
* Regarding Login Restrictions During the Transfer Process
Once you begin the World transfer process, you cannot create new characters or log into the game until the transfer is complete.
Characters will be transferred in the order applications were submitted. Furthermore, additional time may be required for all transfers to complete. A notification will be sent to the e-mail address registered to your Square Enix account when the transfer is complete. Do not attempt to log in before receiving this notification, as doing so may cause an error in the transfer, prolonging the process.
Step 2: Log into the FINAL FANTASY XIV: Mog Station
Log into the FINAL FANTASY XIV: Mog Station with the Square Enix account containing characters you wish to be transferred. The status of your service account and available characters can be confirmed on the Account Services page.
To begin the application process, select World Transfer Service on the Optional Services page.
* In the event you possess multiple service accounts for FINAL FANTASY XIV, please select the tab of the service account containing characters you wish to be transferred.
Step 3: Apply for a World Transfer
Follow the onscreen instructions to complete the World transfer process. Please also bear in mind the following before submitting your application:
- Subscription Type Restrictions
Accounts with entry subscriptions are only allowed one character per World; therefore, for these accounts, characters cannot be transferred to a World on which a character is already present. With a standard subscription, players are allowed up to eight characters on a single World.
- Characters with the Same Name
In the event the name of your character has already been chosen by another character on the destination World, you will be required to change your character's name when logging in for the first time.
Although it is possible to confirm the availability of your character's name when submitting your application, multiple applications bearing characters with the same name may necessitate the renaming of your character, depending on the order in which the applications are processed.
* Once service fees are instated for this service, characters transferring from another World will take priority in the event a character on the destination World has the same name but is associated with an inactive service account at the time of transfer.
- Retainers with the Same Name
In the event the name of your retainer is already being used by another retainer on the destination World, you will be required to change your retainer's name upon first summoning them. Please be advised that it cannot be determined beforehand if your retainers will require name changes.
- Data Retained After Transfer
- The following will be transferred along with your character:
- All items, including gear and minions
- Retainers and all items in their possession.
- Moogle letters
- Gil (3 million gil per character, 1 million gil per retainer)
* Please note that any gil exceeding the above limit will be lost.
- The following will not be transferred along with your character:
- Friend lists
- Free companies
* The World Transfer Service cannot be used for characters enlisted in a free company. Please make sure your character is not a member of a free company before using this service.
* Characters will be withdrawn from linkshells automatically.
- The following data will be updated automatically.
- Character data on the Lodestone
- Blogs and comments posted on the Lodestone
* World transfers will not affect your list of followers and those whom you are following.
- Character avatars on the official forum
- The World Transfer Service cannot be used when the Square Enix Account Management System, FINAL FANTASY XIV: A Realm Reborn, or the FINAL FANTASY XIV: Mog Station is undergoing maintenance.
- With the introduction of the World Transfer Service, there may be cases where players are requested to transfer to other Worlds due to fluctuations in population. We may also consider the splitting or merger of Worlds. Because of this, there may be instances where players who have used the World Transfer Service are requested to move to a different World. Please note that in such cases, applications for World transfers cannot be canceled or refunded.
- If you should encounter problems when using the World Transfer Service, please contact the Square Enix Support Center. Please note that the Square Enix Support Center cannot assist with certain problems if more than one week has passed since using this service.
- Service Fees
Please note that the paid service is estimated to start at the end of October. Details on the paid service will become available once they are finalized.
Edited, Oct 10th 2013 12:18pm by Szabo