Forum Settings
       
Reply To Thread

FINAL FANTASY XIV: A Realm Reborn Hot Fixes (Oct. 17) Follow

#1 Oct 17 2013 at 2:02 PM Rating: Excellent
Avatar
***
2,550 posts
http://forum.square-enix.com/ffxiv/threads/71744-NA-FINAL-FANTASY-XIV-Hot-Fixes-%28Sep.-27-2013%29?p=1428768&viewfull=1#post1428768

Quote:

FINAL FANTASY XIV: A Realm Reborn Hot Fixes (Oct. 17)
The following feature has been implemented.

- A maximum limit has been placed on the number of players who can be in one area.
* If you attempt to move into an area which has already reached its maximum limit, you will receive a message saying you cannot enter that area. Should this happen, please wait awhile and try again.

The following issues have been addressed.

- When leaving the Duty Finder under certain circumstances, the player sometimes became undetectable to monsters.

- In the instanced dungeon "Amdapor Keep," monsters would become immobile under certain circumstances.

- After the 2.05 patch, players would occasionally receive the “90000 Error” or “Square Enix Account Authentication Error” and be disconnected from the server.


That last one has been bugging me since the patch.
____________________________
Character Name: Valk Ayree
Server: Lamia; Free Company Leader - The Swarm (Swarm)
http://na.finalfantasyxiv.com/lodestone/character/1746889/
- Blue Mage? FTW? -
#2 Oct 17 2013 at 2:18 PM Rating: Good
***
3,438 posts
Quote:
- A maximum limit has been placed on the number of players who can be in one area.
* If you attempt to move into an area which has already reached its maximum limit, you will receive a message saying you cannot enter that area. Should this happen, please wait awhile and try again.


Well that's lazy as ****.

So let's say Behemoth is up... All of Coerthas is now unusable unless you happened to already be in the zone?

I'm not a fan of band-aid fixes that don't solve the underlying problem.
____________________________
svlyons wrote:
If random outcomes aren't acceptable to you, then don't play with random people.
#3 Oct 17 2013 at 2:20 PM Rating: Excellent
Quote:
All of Coerthas is now unusable unless you happened to already be in the zone?


I hope this doesn't make progressing through the storyline difficult.
____________________________
Thayos Redblade
Jormungandr
Hyperion
#4 Oct 17 2013 at 2:30 PM Rating: Good
Scholar
Avatar
*
91 posts
Archmage Callinon wrote:
Quote:
- A maximum limit has been placed on the number of players who can be in one area.
* If you attempt to move into an area which has already reached its maximum limit, you will receive a message saying you cannot enter that area. Should this happen, please wait awhile and try again.


Well that's lazy as ****.

So let's say Behemoth is up... All of Coerthas is now unusable unless you happened to already be in the zone?

I'm not a fan of band-aid fixes that don't solve the underlying problem.


Okay... So if that's the case most ppl tend to hang out in mordhona while waiting for group does that mean it's gonna be harder for ppl to log on if the cap had been reached? Cause if that's the case that's pretty @#%^ed up..

Edited, Oct 17th 2013 4:46pm by Konfuzzle
#5 Oct 17 2013 at 2:41 PM Rating: Excellent
Avatar
*
53 posts
Yeah this is lazy as ****, imagine you log off in Coerthas and when you are going to login Behemoth spawn, bam Coerthas full and you can not login to the game Smiley: frown
#6ShadowofaDoubt, Posted: Oct 17 2013 at 3:07 PM, Rating: Sub-Default, (Expand Post) Good thing I always log in an inn
#7 Oct 17 2013 at 3:18 PM Rating: Excellent
***
3,438 posts
ShadowofaDoubt wrote:
Good thing I always log in an inn


I'm sorry. New Gridania is currently full. Please visit another zone or try again later. We apologize for any inconvenience.

Edited, Oct 17th 2013 4:18pm by Callinon
____________________________
svlyons wrote:
If random outcomes aren't acceptable to you, then don't play with random people.
#8 Oct 17 2013 at 3:22 PM Rating: Good
***
2,232 posts
Hey Cal... you forgot to put "Error 1017" in your message lol
____________________________
Character: Urzol Thrush
Server: Ultros
FC: The Kraken Club

Outshined

Teneleven wrote:
We secretly replaced your tank wemelchor with Foldgers Crystal's. Let's see what happens.

#9 Oct 17 2013 at 3:28 PM Rating: Good
**
660 posts
Didn't they do this with Beseiged in FFXI and it still didn't help?

I've got a bad feeling about this.
____________________________


#10 Oct 17 2013 at 3:33 PM Rating: Excellent
Avatar
***
2,550 posts
Konfuzzle wrote:
Archmage Callinon wrote:
Quote:
- A maximum limit has been placed on the number of players who can be in one area.
* If you attempt to move into an area which has already reached its maximum limit, you will receive a message saying you cannot enter that area. Should this happen, please wait awhile and try again.


Well that's lazy as ****.

So let's say Behemoth is up... All of Coerthas is now unusable unless you happened to already be in the zone?

I'm not a fan of band-aid fixes that don't solve the underlying problem.


Okay... So if that's the case most ppl tend to hang out in mordhona while waiting for group does that mean it's gonna be harder for ppl to log on if the cap had been reached? Cause if that's the case that's pretty @#%^ed up..

Edited, Oct 17th 2013 4:46pm by Konfuzzle


And when everyone starts into BC, bye bye Wineport.
____________________________
Character Name: Valk Ayree
Server: Lamia; Free Company Leader - The Swarm (Swarm)
http://na.finalfantasyxiv.com/lodestone/character/1746889/
- Blue Mage? FTW? -
#11 Oct 17 2013 at 3:39 PM Rating: Good
Scholar
***
2,426 posts
someone get Arenanet on the horn, i don't love GW2, but I love their overflow server tech.
____________________________
monk
dragoon

#12 Oct 17 2013 at 3:47 PM Rating: Good
Avatar
**
254 posts
reptiletim wrote:
I've got a bad feeling about this.

THIS^
____________________________
Skadi Scion / Ultros Server

formerly Skadisleeves of Lakshmi in FFXI
#13 Oct 17 2013 at 3:55 PM Rating: Decent
***
2,081 posts
Happy that they are fixing the 90k error, but area specific population restrictions? Really!? Isn't that kind of like putting a paper towel on a leaky roof and calling it fixed?
____________________________


Reply To Thread

Colors Smileys Quote OriginalQuote Checked Help

 

Recent Visitors: 67 All times are in CST
Anonymous Guests (67)