Forum Settings
       
Reply To Thread

Titan HM trollFollow

#1 Oct 25 2013 at 8:19 PM Rating: Good
Scholar
***
3,825 posts
Just had a DF experience with a naked PLD named Zero Three, he aggros Titan and then stops moving so party dies.

Is it really that fun to troll folks? I know he wins because some one else will always take the 15 minute hit and as a tank he'll insta-queue... but where's the fun in that?

DF Titan is already a losing battle before you even start, why force it?

Has anyone else run into this?
____________________________
FFXI:Sylph - Perrin 75 Hume THF; Retired (At least from my use any way)
EVE Online:ScraperX; Retired
WAR:IronClaw- Peryn SW;SkullThrone- Grymloc BO; Retired


#2 Oct 25 2013 at 8:38 PM Rating: Default
******
48,722 posts
Perrin wrote:
Is it really that fun to troll folks?
Yes.
____________________________
George Carlin wrote:
I think it’s the duty of the comedian to find out where the line is drawn and cross it deliberately.
#3 Oct 25 2013 at 9:09 PM Rating: Decent
Scholar
Avatar
39 posts
Personally I think we should be able to ruin the ability of these pieces of **** to play the game, somehow. Some way to ruin their veil of anonymity.
#4 Oct 26 2013 at 4:07 AM Rating: Decent
4 posts
Funny thing you say this, Two days ago a whm and PLD did this exact thing... Funny thing is i went AFK and the rest of the party did too... When i came back 25 mins later they were still there. I went afk again... What tools.
#5 Oct 26 2013 at 1:20 PM Rating: Good
Scholar
***
3,825 posts
Did you guys just strip all of your armor off? Because that's the problem, they're forcing needless in game costs of repairs, and real world costs of time (dd DF wait time is ridiculous still). I thought about it, but honestly I don't have an hour plus of my time to waste letting an idiot have fun.
____________________________
FFXI:Sylph - Perrin 75 Hume THF; Retired (At least from my use any way)
EVE Online:ScraperX; Retired
WAR:IronClaw- Peryn SW;SkullThrone- Grymloc BO; Retired


#6 Oct 26 2013 at 1:47 PM Rating: Excellent
***
3,448 posts
And I assume everyone reported this guy for harassment...right?

I mean... he's using his privileged queuing in order to ruin your gameplay experience. I'd report him right up until SE tells me that this behavior is somehow ok.
____________________________
svlyons wrote:
If random outcomes aren't acceptable to you, then don't play with random people.
#7 Oct 26 2013 at 4:04 PM Rating: Good
Scholar
***
3,825 posts
My blacklist is almost full and I've reported at least half of the names on it... only two have ever shown as deleted. I dunno what SE is focusing on right now, but reported folks ain't one of them at this time.
____________________________
FFXI:Sylph - Perrin 75 Hume THF; Retired (At least from my use any way)
EVE Online:ScraperX; Retired
WAR:IronClaw- Peryn SW;SkullThrone- Grymloc BO; Retired


#8 Oct 26 2013 at 4:11 PM Rating: Good
Worst. Title. Ever!
*****
16,540 posts
Perrin wrote:
My blacklist is almost full and I've reported at least half of the names on it... only two have ever shown as deleted. I dunno what SE is focusing on right now, but reported folks ain't one of them at this time.


They don't delete the characters. Accounts are banned, locked, etc. I purged my blist weeks ago, the dozens that were on there are not active. Shout spam is almost non existent* these days. It's the random /tell. And that happens ever 30 minutes* or so.

Just because the character hasn't shown up as (Deleted) in your blist, that doesn't mean the character is still out there spamming.

*On Ultros Server
____________________________
Can't sleep, clown will eat me.
#9 Oct 26 2013 at 4:54 PM Rating: Good
**
598 posts
TirithRR wrote:
Perrin wrote:
My blacklist is almost full and I've reported at least half of the names on it... only two have ever shown as deleted. I dunno what SE is focusing on right now, but reported folks ain't one of them at this time.


They don't delete the characters. Accounts are banned, locked, etc. I purged my blist weeks ago, the dozens that were on there are not active. Shout spam is almost non existent* these days. It's the random /tell. And that happens ever 30 minutes* or so.

Just because the character hasn't shown up as (Deleted) in your blist, that doesn't mean the character is still out there spamming.

*On Ultros Server



You'll forgive me if I remain a bit gun shy for a little longer but that's encouraging to hear. I was starting to feel discouraged over my swelling blist list.
____________________________
Sour Cherry
#10 Oct 26 2013 at 5:08 PM Rating: Excellent
***
3,448 posts
The only time SE would actually delete a character themselves is if it's an RMT bank. So unless you just happened to blist one of those, you probably wouldn't see much change on there.

Most of the time they won't bother, because perma-banning the account is just as good.
____________________________
svlyons wrote:
If random outcomes aren't acceptable to you, then don't play with random people.
#11 Oct 26 2013 at 7:40 PM Rating: Excellent
Sage
****
8,779 posts
Perrin wrote:
...and real world costs of time (dd DF wait time is ridiculous still).


To be fair, that isn't a DF issue so much as it is an issue of player choice.

There are 2 tank jobs (PLD and WAR), 2 healer jobs (WHM and SCH), and 5 DD jobs (BRD, SMN, DRG, MNK, BLM).

Since DF breakdown consists of 2 Tank + 2 Healer + 4 DD, that means if all things were equal, there would be almost no wait for tanks and healers, and a short wait for DD (by virtue of the fact that they have five classes attempting to fit into four spots).

But, as is the case in many MMO's, most people want to deal the big damage. Tanking is the most unpopular role overall, with healing a close second. DD's are a dime a dozen however, which is why I can get on my WAR and get a DF pop almost instantly, but my DRG takes anywhere from 5-60 minutes, with the tank almost always being the slot to fill last.

SMN has an advantage in this, in that they are also a SCH (assuming they have done the quests, which are trivial for a 50 SMN to accomplish). There is some disparity in gear usage as the levels tick past 40, but I know of more than one SMN who opts to run SCH when it comes time for Myth and Phil tome farming, simply because the Q's are faster.

Having said that, yes, it sucks when some ******* tank comes along and ruins the DF run of anyone's instance. DD can be replaced (and often are). But the DF itself is not the problem. It would be wonderful if SE implemented some sort of rating system however, where you rate someone's performance in a dungeon (something simple, such as a 1-5 rating scale on three questions). If someone leaves early, a new option pops up allowing you and your group to label them a "leaver." If a person accrues enough "leaver" score in, say, the course of 2-3 days, then they are punished in some way, such as being unable to access any DF content (or BC too for that matter) for a period of 24-72 hours. They can still play the game, do FATE's, craft or what have you, but they can't run into an instance and troll the crap out of people.
____________________________
Quote:
The thing about me is that apparently it's very hard to tell when I'm drunk. So I feel like I'm walking sideways on a UFO and everyone else sees me doing the robot like a pro.
- MojoVIII
i have bathed in the blood of many. my life was spent well.
feral druids do it on all fours.
The One True Prophet of Tonkism.

http://therewillbebrawl.com/
#12 Oct 26 2013 at 7:58 PM Rating: Decent
Scholar
Avatar
**
611 posts
They are implementing a rating system I believe...
____________________________
FFXI Ronyn RDM 75 (R.I.P.) -Fairy / BarretJax 95 MNK (Non-Active) - Asura
Ronin Olorin / Ronyn Oloryn (Active) - Ultros Server

"Go placidly amid the noise and haste, and remember what peace there may be in silence." - Max Ehrmann
#13 Oct 27 2013 at 2:55 PM Rating: Good
*
149 posts
ShindaUsagi wrote:
TirithRR wrote:
Perrin wrote:
My blacklist is almost full and I've reported at least half of the names on it... only two have ever shown as deleted. I dunno what SE is focusing on right now, but reported folks ain't one of them at this time.


They don't delete the characters. Accounts are banned, locked, etc. I purged my blist weeks ago, the dozens that were on there are not active. Shout spam is almost non existent* these days. It's the random /tell. And that happens ever 30 minutes* or so.

Just because the character hasn't shown up as (Deleted) in your blist, that doesn't mean the character is still out there spamming.

*On Ultros Server



You'll forgive me if I remain a bit gun shy for a little longer but that's encouraging to hear. I was starting to feel discouraged over my swelling blist list.


I clear my blist weekly and have yet to see any of those name pop back up, and find myself adding far fewer names week by week as well. SE's making progress here.
#14 Oct 27 2013 at 5:11 PM Rating: Good
14 posts
Just saw a new FC on Excalibur called "Trollin Dutyfinder" with the tag <GRIEF>.

http://na.finalfantasyxiv.com/lodestone/freecompany/9236460623271830339/

Hope this is a joke. D:

#15 Oct 27 2013 at 6:19 PM Rating: Good
Worst. Title. Ever!
*****
16,540 posts
Medieve wrote:
I clear my blist weekly and have yet to see any of those name pop back up, and find myself adding far fewer names week by week as well. SE's making progress here.


The big one now on Ultros is Goldceo Com<randomletters> sending /tells every 30-60 minutes. "Politely" asking me to go to the website in his name. This one is actually in decent English, not the broken garbage that is usually sent. Probably 3-5 of those a day playing. Makes me wish I could blist all characters with the Goldceo as their first name.

The occasional "1337" garbage website spam, pv bank or what not, but that's only maybe one every other day.

I think in the last three weeks I have had to blist one character for /shout spam.
____________________________
Can't sleep, clown will eat me.
#16 Oct 27 2013 at 6:22 PM Rating: Good
Worst. Title. Ever!
*****
16,540 posts
OnionGuardian wrote:
Just saw a new FC on Excalibur called "Trollin Dutyfinder" with the tag <GRIEF>.

http://na.finalfantasyxiv.com/lodestone/freecompany/9236460623271830339/

Hope this is a joke. D:



You'll be happy to know that there are only 5 members and it looks like 2 or 3 of them are only level 1. And the others are not very high either.
____________________________
Can't sleep, clown will eat me.
#17 Oct 27 2013 at 9:30 PM Rating: Decent
***
2,081 posts
Report them and move on. I do the same with the 8 man leechers. Have the group report them, drop out, and reque. Sure it sucks, because some type of kick feature needs to be added, but the situation is what it is. These players are acting stupidly and being incredibly reckless. This is ban worthy behavior and it will catch up to them. Just don't enable their enjoyment/benefit.
____________________________


#18 Oct 27 2013 at 11:50 PM Rating: Decent
Scholar
Avatar
**
322 posts
Ran into a few this weekend, nothing like that, but they would fight till heart phase and then jump off ledge or just drop from group. Biggest issue I have seen is ppl just not tring to dodge after the heart is down. Dont know if they are trollin or not, but I have seen alot of ppl just giving up on fight at that point.
____________________________
Arucard (Retiered)
75 black mage 75 samurai 75 warrior 75 monk
75 Bard 69 Thief 75 White Mage
Formaly of Unicorn
-----------
FFXIV: Ashara Strangelove
Ultros Server
Whm 50, Blm 50, Smn/Sch 50, Drg 50, Pld 50, Brd 50
50 War, Bot 50, Mnr 50, Fsh 50

FC: Syn
#19 Oct 28 2013 at 12:31 AM Rating: Decent
Scholar
**
826 posts
DrCapricious wrote:
Report them and move on. I do the same with the 8 man leechers. Have the group report them, drop out, and reque. Sure it sucks, because some type of kick feature needs to be added, but the situation is what it is. These players are acting stupidly and being incredibly reckless. This is ban worthy behavior and it will catch up to them. Just don't enable their enjoyment/benefit.


That's really all you can do at this point, until they implement further countermeasures. Lord, I wish they had a kick function.
____________________________
Jerri Blank (Strangers with Candy):
"I may still be doing all the wrong things, but now i'm doing them the right way!"
#20 Oct 28 2013 at 4:19 AM Rating: Decent
Scholar
***
2,153 posts
TirithRR wrote:
Medieve wrote:
I clear my blist weekly and have yet to see any of those name pop back up, and find myself adding far fewer names week by week as well. SE's making progress here.


The big one now on Ultros is Goldceo Com<randomletters> sending /tells every 30-60 minutes. "Politely" asking me to go to the website in his name. This one is actually in decent English, not the broken garbage that is usually sent. Probably 3-5 of those a day playing. Makes me wish I could blist all characters with the Goldceo as their first name.

The occasional "1337" garbage website spam, pv bank or what not, but that's only maybe one every other day.

I think in the last three weeks I have had to blist one character for /shout spam.

Those goldceo guys have infested Hades and Pandaemonum as well. That is, until about a week ago or so.
I always reported them, never blacklisting (because then I couldn't report them over and over). Seems to have helped.
#21 Oct 28 2013 at 12:09 PM Rating: Good
***
2,214 posts
The good news is, they are implementing require iLevel gear on some of the DF activities (if not all), and a rating system.

The bad news is, there is nothing that can stop people who want to mess with people. They have been here since the dawn of online interactive gaming, and they will never leave.

Time to time, they get suspended or banned, but currently there is no known cure for stupid.
#22 Oct 29 2013 at 6:22 AM Rating: Good
*
129 posts
Interesting story. I wonder if dying on purpose to demoralize people to the point of paying for Titan clears is still a thing, seems it must be. Also, don't speak ill of my Goldceo friends... they're the only people that ever send me tells... Oh Goldceo, the conversations we've had about how you'd like me to visit some website to buy gold from you and then you don't reply when I tell you of my unrequited love for you... you're so witty and charming... but distant and mysterious.
____________________________
- The artist usually known as Angrynixon
#23 Oct 29 2013 at 7:49 AM Rating: Good
Scholar
***
2,426 posts
Furiousnixon wrote:
Interesting story. I wonder if dying on purpose to demoralize people to the point of paying for Titan clears is still a thing,


it was never a thing; think about how ridiculous that idea is, there's no shortage of people willing to pay for titan, and it would be a huge waste of time to throw fights on the off chance that one of the players would then come to you with gil for a win. it's just crappy people trolling fr the lulz.
____________________________
monk
dragoon

Reply To Thread

Colors Smileys Quote OriginalQuote Checked Help

 

Recent Visitors: 79 All times are in CST
BrokenFox, Seriha, Thayos, Anonymous Guests (76)