Forum Settings
       
This thread is locked

ZAM FC - How is it going?Follow

#27 Nov 03 2013 at 3:59 PM Rating: Decent
Scholar
Avatar
**
560 posts
Llester wrote:
i took "outsider's perspective" to mean that you basically were making sh*t up /shrug



I was. I have no clue what went down. I could be so far off base that I made a fool of myself. Then again by just glancing at several of the thread titles on this page(one of which is even made by an admin) it doesnt seem like the end game folks are super happy fun guys that want to help out the rest of the community. So who knows I might not be that far off the mark. In my personal experience when a large block of people leave a guild/clan/LS/FC without saying "bye" so they can focus on end game content it isnt usually the super helpful, play for fun kind of guys. Its usually the ones who want to distinguish themselves as top end players. You know the epeen guys. Maybe this situation might be an exception but seeing how volatile the first response to my "outsiders perspective" was I think I could have hit a little closer to home than some may want to admit.

I mean lets be honest there is no reason to leave a FC to focus on end game content unless the FC just ran out of space for new players to join. You can stay in your original group and be super hardcore with a group of like minded players while still staying in the original FC for social reasons.

Anyways this isnt my fight so I will **** out. You guys have a great day.

Edited, Nov 3rd 2013 5:08pm by tpgsoldier
____________________________

[ffxivsig]304823[/ffxivsig]
#28 Nov 03 2013 at 4:27 PM Rating: Default
Avatar
*****
12,830 posts
tpgsoldier wrote:
Lol you got pretty upset there. I said "from an outsiders perspective" meaning I didnt know the whole story. Good job on the name calling there. You keep it classy.


I'm not on Ultros, so I have only information from outside too. I, unlike you, am not a ********* and therefore don't start throwing around *********** statements like you used. And I'm sorry if you have issues being called a ********* but act like a ********* and you will get called a *********
____________________________
Twitter: http://www.twitter.com/pawkeshup
YouTube: http://www.youtube.com/pawkeshup
Twitch: http://www.twitch.tv/pawkeshup
Blog: http://pawkeshup.blogspot.com
Olorinus the Ludicrous wrote:
The idea of old school is way more interesting than the reality
#29 Nov 03 2013 at 4:30 PM Rating: Good
Scholar
Avatar
**
560 posts
Pawkeshup the Meaningless wrote:
tpgsoldier wrote:
Lol you got pretty upset there. I said "from an outsiders perspective" meaning I didnt know the whole story. Good job on the name calling there. You keep it classy.


I'm not on Ultros, so I have only information from outside too. I, unlike you, am not a @#%^tard, and therefore don't start throwing around @#%^tardian statements like you used. And I'm sorry if you have issues being called a @#%^tard, but act like a @#%^tard, and you will get called a @#%^tard.



I made sure to respond fast and to rate you up just so you know being called a @#%^ with tard at the end made me smile.
____________________________

[ffxivsig]304823[/ffxivsig]
#30 Nov 03 2013 at 7:08 PM Rating: Good
Sage
**
551 posts
Pawkeshup the Meaningless wrote:
tpgsoldier wrote:
Lol you got pretty upset there. I said "from an outsiders perspective" meaning I didnt know the whole story. Good job on the name calling there. You keep it classy.


I'm not on Ultros, so I have only information from outside too. I, unlike you, am not a @#%^tard, and therefore don't start throwing around @#%^tardian statements like you used. And I'm sorry if you have issues being called a @#%^tard, but act like a @#%^tard, and you will get called a @#%^tard.


You do realize Tourettes Syndrome can be managed with good meds nowadays, right? Go get a scrip, you'll feel better.


Anyway, I have decided to try this "Reborn" after walking away from the original game long ago. So, which server is this FC on and how do I join?
____________________________


[ffxivsig]1815523[/ffxivsig]
#31 Nov 03 2013 at 9:56 PM Rating: Good
Avatar
*
82 posts
Zorvan wrote:
Pawkeshup the Meaningless wrote:
tpgsoldier wrote:
Lol you got pretty upset there. I said "from an outsiders perspective" meaning I didnt know the whole story. Good job on the name calling there. You keep it classy.


I'm not on Ultros, so I have only information from outside too. I, unlike you, am not a @#%^tard, and therefore don't start throwing around @#%^tardian statements like you used. And I'm sorry if you have issues being called a @#%^tard, but act like a @#%^tard, and you will get called a @#%^tard.


You do realize Tourettes Syndrome can be managed with good meds nowadays, right? Go get a scrip, you'll feel better.


Anyway, I have decided to try this "Reborn" after walking away from the original game long ago. So, which server is this FC on and how do I join?

The ZAM FC is on Ultros and the people you can get in touch with are Andyman Seraph, August Flynn, Arilyn Moonsong, and Bartel Hayward. We also have a site found here. I'm sure there are people I'm leaving out that you can get in touch with but, well,.... adult beverages makes fools of us all.
____________________________
FFXIV - Goblin - Seraphan Amatsuka
#32 Nov 04 2013 at 1:46 AM Rating: Decent
Sage
**
551 posts
Seraphaniim wrote:

The ZAM FC is on Ultros and the people you can get in touch with are Andyman Seraph, August Flynn, Arilyn Moonsong, and Bartel Hayward. We also have a site found here. I'm sure there are people I'm leaving out that you can get in touch with but, well,.... adult beverages makes fools of us all.


Awesome, thank you.
____________________________


[ffxivsig]1815523[/ffxivsig]
#33 Nov 04 2013 at 10:29 AM Rating: Excellent
Avatar
***
2,550 posts
kainsilv wrote:
My experience has been that these types of Free Conpanies/Linkshell/Guilds which focus on helping others and have the patience to build the slow but steady players have longevity where most of the end game groups burn out and disappear. Good for you all.


I left ZAM. I was there during the "Great Split of '13". There seems to be some confusion. Sit around the circle childrens. Let me clarify.

To speak for those who split for RAGE (since we likely do not have much of a voice here) we do help out quite frequently with primals, chimera, hydra, etc for those new folks in our fc. We do not charge to help folks. We are not those kind of people. I cant speak for those who split for different reasons. Half of the people split for RAGE, others went other directions, some jumped servers (since that was the first weekend they could do so).

I do still hold ZAM in the highest respects, although I did not see eye to eye with the direction (at that time). And while I was not an officer in ZAM nor am I an officer in RAGE, I believe the issues stemmed over the fact that most of the top level officers running folks through primals (including me in my lowly member status) were not given enough access and acknowledgement to make their contributions rewarding. Leaders do not expect handouts, nor should they. But leaders must have motivation. And that motivation is promotion and recognition. People who helped were not recognized and promoted in a timely enough fashion, and those who constantly started trouble and were creeping out some of the women in the FC were not immediately dismissed or demoted. Someone opened the floodgate and let people who wouldnt even be good enough to be ranked as light blue trolls on these boards into the FC to wreak havoc. There should have been restrictions on who can invite. Coupled with the fact that at the time our contributions were a springboard for any and everyone who wanted to step on backs to get a leg up, only to turn tail for other FCs or suddenly concern themselves with only themselves, it became discouraging. Maybe it was just the times, but when high level crafters are setting up shop within their own FC and charging (instead of melding for free and making things for material cost like they should) it is time to clean house or you will lose good people. It is my hope that all those bad folks have vacated ZAM as well, since they were a pox on your community.

Perhaps these are lessons that have been learned. From what I am reading it appears that ZAM has settled into its groove nicely, and everyone is helping and all is well. Good for you guys, and I wish you success.


Edited, Nov 4th 2013 10:44am by Valkayree

Edited, Nov 4th 2013 1:45pm by Valkayree
____________________________
Character Name: Valk Ayree
Server: Lamia; Free Company Leader - The Swarm (Swarm)
http://na.finalfantasyxiv.com/lodestone/character/1746889/
- Blue Mage? FTW? -
#34 Nov 04 2013 at 11:54 AM Rating: Good
***
1,622 posts
I don't want to derail the threat but I don't think it warrants one on its own. Is the LS still around? I left the LS when the FC was formed, but I have since left the FC as well, for a smaller one. However I'd like to be in the LS again even though I'm not the most social person out there, it's nice to have a place to chat a little from time to time, especially with people I already interact with here on these forums.

Is it still alive and is it still capped at 128 as it was back then?

Thanks!
____________________________

Nuit Midril - White Mage/Scholar on Ultros
Nuit the Insane! - Retired Druid on Sentinels.
Ombre - Retired Dragoon/bard on Phoenix.
#35 Nov 04 2013 at 12:06 PM Rating: Good
***
2,232 posts
PhoenixOmbre wrote:
I don't want to derail the threat but I don't think it warrants one on its own. Is the LS still around? I left the LS when the FC was formed, but I have since left the FC as well, for a smaller one. However I'd like to be in the LS again even though I'm not the most social person out there, it's nice to have a place to chat a little from time to time, especially with people I already interact with here on these forums.

Is it still alive and is it still capped at 128 as it was back then?

Thanks!

We still have the ZAM LS, but nobody really uses it. Yes, it is capped.

The crafting and end game LS's were deleted. We had a poll on it, and the decision was largely based on the fact that people we felt abandoned us were still using it to their advantage. One RAGE member went so far as trying to recruit more people for his BC static in the end game LS.

I deleted a lot of what I was going to say.

Edited, Nov 4th 2013 10:08am by LebargeX
____________________________
Character: Urzol Thrush
Server: Ultros
FC: The Kraken Club

Outshined

Teneleven wrote:
We secretly replaced your tank wemelchor with Foldgers Crystal's. Let's see what happens.

#36 Nov 04 2013 at 1:17 PM Rating: Good
Avatar
4 posts
I don't have a problem that they split off to form their own free company. Personally, I never got the vibe that the group that split off were helpful at all to anyone, unless they were in their clique, or you happened to be doing a dungeon that coincided with something they needed done.
____________________________
Character: Trellin Kellior
Server: Ultros
FC: The Kraken Club
#37 Nov 04 2013 at 1:48 PM Rating: Excellent
Avatar
***
2,550 posts
LebargeX wrote:

The crafting and end game LS's were deleted. We had a poll on it, and the decision was largely based on the fact that people we felt abandoned us were still using it to their advantage. One RAGE member went so far as trying to recruit more people for his BC static in the end game LS.
Edited, Nov 4th 2013 10:08am by LebargeX


I personally left the crafting and end game LS when I left. Many apologies that someone from RAGE was using the LS in this manner.
____________________________
Character Name: Valk Ayree
Server: Lamia; Free Company Leader - The Swarm (Swarm)
http://na.finalfantasyxiv.com/lodestone/character/1746889/
- Blue Mage? FTW? -
#38 Nov 04 2013 at 4:14 PM Rating: Excellent
***
1,622 posts
Thanks for the info and the rate downs. For the record I left before whatever drama that seem have taken place so your anger is misplaced.
____________________________

Nuit Midril - White Mage/Scholar on Ultros
Nuit the Insane! - Retired Druid on Sentinels.
Ombre - Retired Dragoon/bard on Phoenix.
#39 Nov 04 2013 at 4:24 PM Rating: Good
Avatar
*****
12,830 posts
Valkayree wrote:
Storytime!

Ugh, that's a shame, but not surprising. You'll always have freeloaders, shame that they blackened what was a cool thing when I was on Ultros for the beta. It was a tough choice when the servers opened, but in the end, I hopped to Malboro because my fiancee's cousin plays there as well as a group of my old friends. As it stands, I don't really chat much with them (miss having my keyboard just being there on my notebook or desk versus having to plop one in my lap every time I want to chat), but it is cool to see how they are progressing. As for her, her cousin barely ever talks to her, so I guess that didn't mean much.

At least we got a somewhat more accurate view from at least one of the people actually there. I didn't think there would be any "elitist mentality" behind the split. We tend to be on the same page here, as far as that goes. I hope the FC's both keep finding success.
____________________________
Twitter: http://www.twitter.com/pawkeshup
YouTube: http://www.youtube.com/pawkeshup
Twitch: http://www.twitch.tv/pawkeshup
Blog: http://pawkeshup.blogspot.com
Olorinus the Ludicrous wrote:
The idea of old school is way more interesting than the reality
#40 Nov 04 2013 at 4:57 PM Rating: Excellent
Avatar
***
2,550 posts
Pawkeshup the Meaningless wrote:
I hope the FC's both keep finding success.


As do I Smiley: nod
____________________________
Character Name: Valk Ayree
Server: Lamia; Free Company Leader - The Swarm (Swarm)
http://na.finalfantasyxiv.com/lodestone/character/1746889/
- Blue Mage? FTW? -
#41 Nov 04 2013 at 7:23 PM Rating: Excellent
****
6,899 posts
I'd like to clear up some stuff since thee seems to be misinformation coming from both sides. First off, I'm not mad at anybody who left, nor should anyone else be. They did what they thought was best and that's all there was to it. They didn't like the direction of the shell and that is fine. I'm not going to lie and say that I agree with the move. I think it was a knee jerk reaction and kind of silly to split off without saying a word as to why, but like I said, they had their reasons. I still talk with some of them and said if they wished to return at some point they would be welcome to (as members, not officers for obvious reasons).

However, I would also point out that I made it abundantly clear to all my officers that I would be planning my wedding for the first month or so and asked for patience and support during this time. I asked them to step up, run events, and really help out because i just wouldn't have a lot of time, and the time I did have would be sporadic. I asked them to be leaders in my stead, and in the end it seemed like they either didn't want that responsibility or just weren't prepared for it. I'm not blaming them, it's a lot of work and a lot of commitment and I asked them to do it without a leader who was on a signifcant amount, so I can't say I'm surprised many left. It happens.

But to say they left because of the atmosphere of the fc is extremely unfair. I was informed all of one time about an issue in the fc, and as soon as I was I talked with the individual in question and gave a warning. I also wore in the forums to be alerted if anything like that ever happened again and never was. Not once. So to say the atmosphere drove people away seems pretty contrived to me. Same goes for who was let into the fc. I made it open so that members of the community wouldn't be left out. Yes, we grew too large too fast, but we were trying to be all-inclusive so people from this site didn't get left out.

As far as people not being promoted, again, I was never so much as asked to promote anyone until about a week before the exodus, just as I was starting to get back in the swing, but then they all left. I wish people had actually talked to me about stuff, but they didn't, so it's hard to know they aren't happy. Honestly though, the split was for the best. We've moved on and are a much closer knit group now, and RAGE seems to be doing well. Let's leave it at that. No more anger or assumptions. We're happy, they're happy, everyone wins. Sorry for grammar, on an iPhone at the airport.

Edited, Nov 4th 2013 8:25pm by BartelX
____________________________
Bartel Hayward--- Ultros Server
The Kraken Club <ZAM>
50 WAR • 50 MNK • 50 MIN • 50 GSM • 50 ARM • 50 LTW • 50 CUL • 50 WVR
thekrakenclub.shivtr.com
#42 Nov 04 2013 at 7:44 PM Rating: Excellent
***
3,716 posts
Keep in mind all this happened over a very short period of time. It's not like there have been tensions building between warring camps for years on end over blood feuds generations old.

Quote:
However, I would also point out that I made it abundantly clear to all my officers that I would be planning my wedding for the first month or so and asked for patience and support during this time.


How DARE you have a life! Don't you know that running an online community means a life of eternal servitude? And that you will be blamed for everything that happens, especially the things you had no part in? GAWD!
____________________________
svlyons wrote:
If random outcomes aren't acceptable to you, then don't play with random people.
#43 Nov 05 2013 at 12:56 AM Rating: Good
Sage
**
551 posts
Archmage Callinon wrote:
Keep in mind all this happened over a very short period of time. It's not like there have been tensions building between warring camps for years on end over blood feuds generations old.

Quote:
However, I would also point out that I made it abundantly clear to all my officers that I would be planning my wedding for the first month or so and asked for patience and support during this time.


How DARE you have a life! Don't you know that running an online community means a life of eternal servitude? And that you will be blamed for everything that happens, especially the things you had no part in? GAWD!


Pretty much why I stopped leading guilds in games long ago. Not worth the hassle and headaches.
____________________________


[ffxivsig]1815523[/ffxivsig]
#44 Nov 05 2013 at 8:31 AM Rating: Good
Scholar
***
1,726 posts
Dawale wrote:
I don't have a problem that they split off to form their own free company. Personally, I never got the vibe that the group that split off were helpful at all to anyone, unless they were in their clique, or you happened to be doing a dungeon that coincided with something they needed done.


That is the problem with most LS or FC. I use LS because I came from FFXI... The FC should serve everyone not just leaders. I was in one LS in FFXI where I felt like a pop holder for the leaders. We just stood there and the leaders did everything.. They had all the points so they out lotted everyone on loot and gear.

FC should not be about promotion.. It should be about helping each other and friendship, it should be organized and have stuff going on for everyone at all levels several times a week. Sometimes even have two groups if there is enough and each doing something different at the same time. LS or FC that do nothing are bad too..

I am a member of Zam but have no idea what happened. I have not done much with them because work has me strapped and getting on has been tuff.. I feel like I am just trying to catch up now. I know because I am behind I will need help and I am looking forward to helping others out too... I am going to become involved. Winter is coming and I will have more time.

I have run ls and have run large gaming clans and realize it takes some time and effort and is not always easy because not everyone is on the same page. Mostly because there is one or two ### that try and ruin it for everyone.

I also thought the FC was a little big and some kind of split would eventually happen.. It is just too hard to plan that much stuff for that many people.. The one meeting there was to many people that kept talking even though it should have just been the leader.

I also know nothing of what happened because I have not been paying much attention.



Edited, Nov 5th 2013 9:36am by Nashred

Edited, Nov 5th 2013 9:37am by Nashred
____________________________
FFXI: Nashred
Server: Phoenix

FFXIV : Sir Nashred
server: Ultros
#45 Nov 05 2013 at 8:37 AM Rating: Excellent
***
2,232 posts
Nashred wrote:
Dawale wrote:
I don't have a problem that they split off to form their own free company. Personally, I never got the vibe that the group that split off were helpful at all to anyone, unless they were in their clique, or you happened to be doing a dungeon that coincided with something they needed done.


That is the problem with most LS or FC. I use LS because I came from FFXI... The FC should serve everyone not just leaders. I was in one LS in FFXI where I felt like a pop holder for the leaders. We just stood there and the leaders did everything.. They had all the points so they out lotted everyone on loot and gear.

FC should not be about promotion.. It should be about helping each other and friendship, it should be organized and have stuff going on for everyone at all levels several times a week. Sometimes even have two groups if there is enough and each doing something different at the same time. LS or FC that do nothing are bad too..

I am a member of Zam but have no idea what happened. I have not done much with them because work has me strapped and getting on has been tuff.. I feel like I am just trying to catch up now. I know because I am behind I will need help and I am looking forward to helping others out too... I am going to become involved. Winter is coming and I will have more time.

I also know nothing of what happened because I have not been paying much attention.


I feel the same way Nashred. And from my perspective, it seems the people still in the FC feel the same. I think the officers we have now are pretty solid, and the couple of events I participated in were run very well and went off without a hitch (though I did get my pt wiped our first try on Garuda SM). We had a learning run in Stone Vigil yesterday and even though we weren't able to complete it, we nearly did... 3 or 4 more minutes and we'd have won. Nobody mad, everybody happy. The MNK with us was saying something about our group working like poetry lol!

I've seen your name in the members list from time to time. I'm finally leveled high enough I can actually help out with stuff, so give a /sh if you ever need some heals!

IGN: Urzol Thrush
____________________________
Character: Urzol Thrush
Server: Ultros
FC: The Kraken Club

Outshined

Teneleven wrote:
We secretly replaced your tank wemelchor with Foldgers Crystal's. Let's see what happens.

#46 Nov 05 2013 at 9:18 AM Rating: Decent
Scholar
***
1,726 posts

LebargeX wrote:
Nashred wrote:
Dawale wrote:
I don't have a problem that they split off to form their own free company. Personally, I never got the vibe that the group that split off were helpful at all to anyone, unless they were in their clique, or you happened to be doing a dungeon that coincided with something they needed done.


That is the problem with most LS or FC. I use LS because I came from FFXI... The FC should serve everyone not just leaders. I was in one LS in FFXI where I felt like a pop holder for the leaders. We just stood there and the leaders did everything.. They had all the points so they out lotted everyone on loot and gear.

FC should not be about promotion.. It should be about helping each other and friendship, it should be organized and have stuff going on for everyone at all levels several times a week. Sometimes even have two groups if there is enough and each doing something different at the same time. LS or FC that do nothing are bad too..

I am a member of Zam but have no idea what happened. I have not done much with them because work has me strapped and getting on has been tuff.. I feel like I am just trying to catch up now. I know because I am behind I will need help and I am looking forward to helping others out too... I am going to become involved. Winter is coming and I will have more time.

I also know nothing of what happened because I have not been paying much attention.


I feel the same way Nashred. And from my perspective, it seems the people still in the FC feel the same. I think the officers we have now are pretty solid, and the couple of events I participated in were run very well and went off without a hitch (though I did get my pt wiped our first try on Garuda SM). We had a learning run in Stone Vigil yesterday and even though we weren't able to complete it, we nearly did... 3 or 4 more minutes and we'd have won. Nobody mad, everybody happy. The MNK with us was saying something about our group working like poetry lol!

I've seen your name in the members list from time to time. I'm finally leveled high enough I can actually help out with stuff, so give a /sh if you ever need some heals!

IGN: Urzol Thrush


Yea that sounds good...
I miss my FFXI LS almost everyday.. We were together almost 4 years and all were good friends.. We ran events 3 days a week. But most played together helping each other out when there were no events if someone need it. Everyone was friends. Everyone acted mature though and no drama ever. The leaders were not selfish at all like the ones I mentioned above. They took care of everyone else first. You do need people that have the same goals and somewhat the same demeanor. To many LS have to much drama and that is the death.

Edited, Nov 5th 2013 10:26am by Nashred
____________________________
FFXI: Nashred
Server: Phoenix

FFXIV : Sir Nashred
server: Ultros
#47 Nov 05 2013 at 9:37 AM Rating: Good
Needs More Smut
******
21,262 posts
I ran an FFXI linkshell for four years, and was an officer for several endgame shells. In a big LS organization, there was a lot of work that went on behind the scenes. FFDKP came about because I needed a better means of organizing the junk on the back end, and Ismarc of Seraph agreed to try rewriting EQ-DKP to match FFXI. It was eventually replaced by Guildworks, but it says a lot that we needed an SQL database and web front end just to friggin keep track of all the data of a 100+ body linkshell.

I'm a lot happier in FFXI now that I'm out of the end game rat race. I'm with a much smaller group of friends, and we log on twice a week to do things together. I got Captain rank last night, after six years. Six years! We're going to redo all the assaults again for everyone, too, since someone has decided she wants a mythic.

MMORPGs need to be viewed as what they are - entertainment. If they're not fun and relaxing, they're not worth doing.
____________________________
FFXI: Catwho on Bismarck: Retired December 2014
Thayos wrote:
I can't understand anyone who skips the cutscenes of a Final Fantasy game. That's like going to Texas and not getting barbecue.

FFXIV: Katarh Mest and Taprara Rara on Lamia Server - Member of The Swarm
Curator of the XIV Wallpapers Tumblr and the XIV Fashion Tumblr
#48 Nov 05 2013 at 9:37 AM Rating: Excellent
Avatar
**
377 posts
Valkayree wrote:
LebargeX wrote:

The crafting and end game LS's were deleted. We had a poll on it, and the decision was largely based on the fact that people we felt abandoned us were still using it to their advantage. One RAGE member went so far as trying to recruit more people for his BC static in the end game LS.
Edited, Nov 4th 2013 10:08am by LebargeX


I personally left the crafting and end game LS when I left. Many apologies that someone from RAGE was using the LS in this manner.


You shouldn't have to apologize for other people Valk, we don't hold it against you. Also, to be honest, you are one of the ones that left that is missed (more then most of the other) because you were always willing to help out along with Ghost Orchid (this is my opinion, feel free to disagree) and I would be more then happy to help y'all run stuff as long as I am free and able to do so.

PhoenixOmbre wrote:
Thanks for the info and the rate downs. For the record I left before whatever drama that seem have taken place so your anger is misplaced.


I rated you back up some. And yes the LS is still full though, I am thinking about making a non-FC LS for ZAM members as long as everyone doesn't try to leech people from thier current FC's.

LebargeX wrote:
Nashred wrote:
Dawale wrote:
I don't have a problem that they split off to form their own free company. Personally, I never got the vibe that the group that split off were helpful at all to anyone, unless they were in their clique, or you happened to be doing a dungeon that coincided with something they needed done.


That is the problem with most LS or FC. I use LS because I came from FFXI... The FC should serve everyone not just leaders. I was in one LS in FFXI where I felt like a pop holder for the leaders. We just stood there and the leaders did everything.. They had all the points so they out lotted everyone on loot and gear.

FC should not be about promotion.. It should be about helping each other and friendship, it should be organized and have stuff going on for everyone at all levels several times a week. Sometimes even have two groups if there is enough and each doing something different at the same time. LS or FC that do nothing are bad too..

I am a member of Zam but have no idea what happened. I have not done much with them because work has me strapped and getting on has been tuff.. I feel like I am just trying to catch up now. I know because I am behind I will need help and I am looking forward to helping others out too... I am going to become involved. Winter is coming and I will have more time.

I also know nothing of what happened because I have not been paying much attention.


I feel the same way Nashred. And from my perspective, it seems the people still in the FC feel the same. I think the officers we have now are pretty solid, and the couple of events I participated in were run very well and went off without a hitch (though I did get my pt wiped our first try on Garuda SM). We had a learning run in Stone Vigil yesterday and even though we weren't able to complete it, we nearly did... 3 or 4 more minutes and we'd have won. Nobody mad, everybody happy. The MNK with us was saying something about our group working like poetry lol!

I've seen your name in the members list from time to time. I'm finally leveled high enough I can actually help out with stuff, so give a /sh if you ever need some heals!

IGN: Urzol Thrush


Very well said. Also, If you need a tank for anything, just ask and I will help you when I am avalible.
____________________________
What? Did you expect something witty?

The Kraken Club - FC on Ultros
Arylin Moonsong - Ultros
Mimiroo Underhill - Ultros
#49 Nov 05 2013 at 10:23 AM Rating: Decent
Scholar
***
1,726 posts
princessary wrote:
Valkayree wrote:
LebargeX wrote:

The crafting and end game LS's were deleted. We had a poll on it, and the decision was largely based on the fact that people we felt abandoned us were still using it to their advantage. One RAGE member went so far as trying to recruit more people for his BC static in the end game LS.
Edited, Nov 4th 2013 10:08am by LebargeX


I personally left the crafting and end game LS when I left. Many apologies that someone from RAGE was using the LS in this manner.


You shouldn't have to apologize for other people Valk, we don't hold it against you. Also, to be honest, you are one of the ones that left that is missed (more then most of the other) because you were always willing to help out along with Ghost Orchid (this is my opinion, feel free to disagree) and I would be more then happy to help y'all run stuff as long as I am free and able to do so.

PhoenixOmbre wrote:
Thanks for the info and the rate downs. For the record I left before whatever drama that seem have taken place so your anger is misplaced.


I rated you back up some. And yes the LS is still full though, I am thinking about making a non-FC LS for ZAM members as long as everyone doesn't try to leech people from thier current FC's.

LebargeX wrote:
Nashred wrote:
Dawale wrote:
I don't have a problem that they split off to form their own free company. Personally, I never got the vibe that the group that split off were helpful at all to anyone, unless they were in their clique, or you happened to be doing a dungeon that coincided with something they needed done.


That is the problem with most LS or FC. I use LS because I came from FFXI... The FC should serve everyone not just leaders. I was in one LS in FFXI where I felt like a pop holder for the leaders. We just stood there and the leaders did everything.. They had all the points so they out lotted everyone on loot and gear.

FC should not be about promotion.. It should be about helping each other and friendship, it should be organized and have stuff going on for everyone at all levels several times a week. Sometimes even have two groups if there is enough and each doing something different at the same time. LS or FC that do nothing are bad too..

I am a member of Zam but have no idea what happened. I have not done much with them because work has me strapped and getting on has been tuff.. I feel like I am just trying to catch up now. I know because I am behind I will need help and I am looking forward to helping others out too... I am going to become involved. Winter is coming and I will have more time.

I also know nothing of what happened because I have not been paying much attention.


I feel the same way Nashred. And from my perspective, it seems the people still in the FC feel the same. I think the officers we have now are pretty solid, and the couple of events I participated in were run very well and went off without a hitch (though I did get my pt wiped our first try on Garuda SM). We had a learning run in Stone Vigil yesterday and even though we weren't able to complete it, we nearly did... 3 or 4 more minutes and we'd have won. Nobody mad, everybody happy. The MNK with us was saying something about our group working like poetry lol!

I've seen your name in the members list from time to time. I'm finally leveled high enough I can actually help out with stuff, so give a /sh if you ever need some heals!

IGN: Urzol Thrush


Very well said. Also, If you need a tank for anything, just ask and I will help you when I am avalible.


Thank you both of you. I am always looking for more people to game with... The community is what I missed most from FFXI... I really just have not had time to put into this game lately. When I am on it is just pound to catch up, I have mainly been playing with Tesee most and Xando, both are in the FC also. They both are from FFXI and same LS. I also just recently signed up for the forum for the FC. Anyway I will be getting on more now because there is less to do outside of work because of winter and they finally decided to hire someone soon and get me some help at work.. .

Edited, Nov 5th 2013 11:24am by Nashred
____________________________
FFXI: Nashred
Server: Phoenix

FFXIV : Sir Nashred
server: Ultros
#50 Nov 05 2013 at 11:15 AM Rating: Good
***
1,622 posts
princessary wrote:
I rated you back up some. And yes the LS is still full though, I am thinking about making a non-FC LS for ZAM members as long as everyone doesn't try to leech people from thier current FC's.


Thanks! I wasn't aware of what happened, and I felt like I stepped on a landmine there Smiley: lol

I'd be interested in joining a ZAM LS if another one is formed, especially if the goal is simply for people on this board to connect, and not for specific goals. Just a place to hang out, chat and call Odin pops, you know, something like that.
____________________________

Nuit Midril - White Mage/Scholar on Ultros
Nuit the Insane! - Retired Druid on Sentinels.
Ombre - Retired Dragoon/bard on Phoenix.
#51 Nov 05 2013 at 11:44 AM Rating: Excellent
Avatar
***
2,550 posts
princessary wrote:

You shouldn't have to apologize for other people Valk, we don't hold it against you. Also, to be honest, you are one of the ones that left that is missed (more then most of the other) because you were always willing to help out along with Ghost Orchid (this is my opinion, feel free to disagree) and I would be more then happy to help y'all run stuff as long as I am free and able to do so.


Ghost is good people. We helped her get her blm relic not too long ago, and I think she is up to titan on her bard relic quest. As for me, I try to help when I can.
____________________________
Character Name: Valk Ayree
Server: Lamia; Free Company Leader - The Swarm (Swarm)
http://na.finalfantasyxiv.com/lodestone/character/1746889/
- Blue Mage? FTW? -
This thread is locked
You cannot post in a locked topic!
Recent Visitors: 1 All times are in CST
Anonymous Guests (1)