Forum Settings
       
« Previous 1 2
Reply To Thread

Letter from the Producer LIVE Part IX Q&A Summary 10/30/13Follow

#1 Oct 30 2013 at 1:55 PM Rating: Good
Avatar
***
1,163 posts

http://forum.square-enix.com/ffxiv/threads/113554

Ill let someone else post the data. Its the Q and A answers in English.
#2 Oct 30 2013 at 2:23 PM Rating: Excellent
***
3,178 posts
At first things sounded good. Then I realized this game needs more playable content way more than housing.


Edited, Oct 30th 2013 5:20pm by Gnu
#3 Oct 30 2013 at 2:25 PM Rating: Decent
Avatar
***
1,163 posts
But what about...
Quote:

1:50:35
Q: Are you looking into mini-games or other elements where free company members can gather and play?
A: I think some staff members are starting to think about a card game…


And what does this mean?

Quote:
1:53:09
Q: What are the advantages of making things in your underground workshop?
A: You'll be able to build airships and go adventuring with them. We were stuck on deciding whether to go with boats or airships, but we decided to go with airships first. We'd also like to do boats, but for now crafters will be able to gather together and build airships in these underground workshops. We'd like to introduce this before the first expansion.



Edited, Oct 30th 2013 4:26pm by WFOAssassin
#4 Oct 30 2013 at 3:02 PM Rating: Good
Avatar
***
1,418 posts
I'm a little unsure what he means by inner beast for self healing is a bad thing. I understand the 15% curing bonus, but that is what that skill is for. I hit convalecense, then my str+20% ability...inner beast can do like 1400 dmg, so it's a self heal/spike dmg in one ability. Assuming that the 1400 is not just hp restored, but also dmg dealt.
____________________________

#5 Oct 30 2013 at 3:32 PM Rating: Decent
*****
12,830 posts
Quote:
There are users who have been streaming while using illegal third-party tools, and even though we've addressed this making them no longer useable, there have been reports of players who are still able to use them. Honestly, this is an obstruction of our operation. Players who see this kind of behavior are becoming increasingly worried, and although we tried to play down the issue at first, we will take steps to address this before it gets out of hand. We do not permit the streaming or posting of videos with players using illegal tools, so please avoid doing this.


So does this mean it's illegal to stream/post videos while using cheats, or illegal to steam/post videos of people using cheat?
____________________________
Twitter: http://www.twitter.com/pawkeshup
YouTube: http://www.youtube.com/pawkeshup
Twitch: http://www.twitch.tv/pawkeshup
Blog: http://pawkeshup.blogspot.com
Olorinus the Ludicrous wrote:
The idea of old school is way more interesting than the reality
#6 Oct 30 2013 at 3:41 PM Rating: Good
Sage
**
847 posts
Teneleven wrote:
I'm a little unsure what he means by inner beast for self healing is a bad thing. I understand the 15% curing bonus, but that is what that skill is for. I hit convalecense, then my str+20% ability...inner beast can do like 1400 dmg, so it's a self heal/spike dmg in one ability. Assuming that the 1400 is not just hp restored, but also dmg dealt.


Provided I'm not misreading your comment, I believe the way Inner Beast works is that it heals the user three times the amount of damage it deals.
____________________________
Pluh.

Koalagal wrote:
I was driving to work this morning, just zoning out, listening to my radio, and out of the corner of my eye, I saw a BLACK MAGE TARU HEALING ON THE SIDE OF THE ROAD! For one split second, I thought "Omg he needs to get out of there he's gonna aggro... what a noob."

Then, I realised it was a black garbage bag left out for pick up.

#7 Oct 30 2013 at 3:45 PM Rating: Good
Pawkeshup the Meaningless wrote:
Quote:
There are users who have been streaming while using illegal third-party tools, and even though we've addressed this making them no longer useable, there have been reports of players who are still able to use them. Honestly, this is an obstruction of our operation. Players who see this kind of behavior are becoming increasingly worried, and although we tried to play down the issue at first, we will take steps to address this before it gets out of hand. We do not permit the streaming or posting of videos with players using illegal tools, so please avoid doing this.


So does this mean it's illegal to stream/post videos while using cheats, or illegal to steam/post videos of people using cheat?


I read it as "Don't post videos of other people cheating." They just want us to report it and maybe send video to them, but not to youtube and other media sites.
____________________________
Our team is like a flock of woodpeckers in a petrified forest. We just need to keep working and keep an eye open for opportunity.

FFXI
Toofar - Asura (Formerly of Lakshmi (Garuda)) - WHM BLM SMN
Rafoot - Asura (Formerly of Lakshmi (Garuda)) - THF SAM BRD
#8 Oct 30 2013 at 3:56 PM Rating: Decent
*****
12,830 posts
Hmm, that's what I thought they were saying. I'm not really sure why that is an issue, it pretty much provides 100% solid proof of cheating, but I guess they dislike the PR black eye it gives.
____________________________
Twitter: http://www.twitter.com/pawkeshup
YouTube: http://www.youtube.com/pawkeshup
Twitch: http://www.twitch.tv/pawkeshup
Blog: http://pawkeshup.blogspot.com
Olorinus the Ludicrous wrote:
The idea of old school is way more interesting than the reality
#9 Oct 30 2013 at 4:06 PM Rating: Excellent
***
3,728 posts
Pawkeshup the Meaningless wrote:
Hmm, that's what I thought they were saying. I'm not really sure why that is an issue, it pretty much provides 100% solid proof of cheating, but I guess they dislike the PR black eye it gives.


If that's so... perhaps they've never heard of the Steisand Effect
____________________________
svlyons wrote:
If random outcomes aren't acceptable to you, then don't play with random people.
#10 Oct 30 2013 at 4:11 PM Rating: Decent
*****
12,830 posts
Archmage Callinon wrote:
Pawkeshup the Meaningless wrote:
Hmm, that's what I thought they were saying. I'm not really sure why that is an issue, it pretty much provides 100% solid proof of cheating, but I guess they dislike the PR black eye it gives.


If that's so... perhaps they've never heard of the Steisand Effect


I never said it was a smart decision, I just figure that's the only reason why they'd be all snippy about it. It's blatantly stupid, never works, and just further ruins a company's reputation.
____________________________
Twitter: http://www.twitter.com/pawkeshup
YouTube: http://www.youtube.com/pawkeshup
Twitch: http://www.twitch.tv/pawkeshup
Blog: http://pawkeshup.blogspot.com
Olorinus the Ludicrous wrote:
The idea of old school is way more interesting than the reality
#11 Oct 30 2013 at 4:15 PM Rating: Good
Agreed. They at least want you to think that cheating is HARD and therefor not worth the effort.
____________________________
Our team is like a flock of woodpeckers in a petrified forest. We just need to keep working and keep an eye open for opportunity.

FFXI
Toofar - Asura (Formerly of Lakshmi (Garuda)) - WHM BLM SMN
Rafoot - Asura (Formerly of Lakshmi (Garuda)) - THF SAM BRD
#12 Oct 30 2013 at 4:22 PM Rating: Decent
Avatar
***
1,163 posts
Pawkeshup the Meaningless wrote:
Archmage Callinon wrote:
Pawkeshup the Meaningless wrote:
Hmm, that's what I thought they were saying. I'm not really sure why that is an issue, it pretty much provides 100% solid proof of cheating, but I guess they dislike the PR black eye it gives.


If that's so... perhaps they've never heard of the Steisand Effect


I never said it was a smart decision, I just figure that's the only reason why they'd be all snippy about it. It's blatantly stupid, never works, and just further ruins a company's reputation.


I think its just a matter of people being put off because they see people cheating. In FFXI these activities ruined the economy. I would have to think twice it if the only information I saw was someone cheating.
#13 Oct 30 2013 at 4:26 PM Rating: Decent
*****
12,830 posts
It isn't hard, but it is risky, requiring that you install some lovely mystery box of software that requires internet connectivity, so if it intends on sharing any information on your PC, it will. But then, anyone with half a brain that's played any game in the last ten years should know that PC games are easy to cheat at. What I think they see as worse is that it showcases their failures in an unremovable way, aside from threatening perfectly TOS-abiding players to keep the dirty little secret.

Regardless, I'll leave my two videos up. Ban me, and see what I do then lol
____________________________
Twitter: http://www.twitter.com/pawkeshup
YouTube: http://www.youtube.com/pawkeshup
Twitch: http://www.twitch.tv/pawkeshup
Blog: http://pawkeshup.blogspot.com
Olorinus the Ludicrous wrote:
The idea of old school is way more interesting than the reality
#14 Oct 30 2013 at 5:09 PM Rating: Good
***
3,728 posts
WFOAssassin wrote:
Pawkeshup the Meaningless wrote:
Archmage Callinon wrote:
Pawkeshup the Meaningless wrote:
Hmm, that's what I thought they were saying. I'm not really sure why that is an issue, it pretty much provides 100% solid proof of cheating, but I guess they dislike the PR black eye it gives.


If that's so... perhaps they've never heard of the Steisand Effect


I never said it was a smart decision, I just figure that's the only reason why they'd be all snippy about it. It's blatantly stupid, never works, and just further ruins a company's reputation.


I think its just a matter of people being put off because they see people cheating. In FFXI these activities ruined the economy. I would have to think twice it if the only information I saw was someone cheating.


Quite possible, though I think the odds of people ONLY finding videos of cheating when searching for general information about FFXIV are remote.

Edited, Oct 30th 2013 6:09pm by Callinon
____________________________
svlyons wrote:
If random outcomes aren't acceptable to you, then don't play with random people.
#15 Oct 30 2013 at 5:20 PM Rating: Good
*
149 posts
Archmage Callinon wrote:
WFOAssassin wrote:
Pawkeshup the Meaningless wrote:
Archmage Callinon wrote:
Pawkeshup the Meaningless wrote:
Hmm, that's what I thought they were saying. I'm not really sure why that is an issue, it pretty much provides 100% solid proof of cheating, but I guess they dislike the PR black eye it gives.


If that's so... perhaps they've never heard of the Steisand Effect


I never said it was a smart decision, I just figure that's the only reason why they'd be all snippy about it. It's blatantly stupid, never works, and just further ruins a company's reputation.


I think its just a matter of people being put off because they see people cheating. In FFXI these activities ruined the economy. I would have to think twice it if the only information I saw was someone cheating.


Quite possible, though I think the odds of people ONLY finding videos of cheating when searching for general information about FFXIV are remote.

Edited, Oct 30th 2013 6:09pm by Callinon


I read it as more to keep otherwise legitimate players from trying cheats themselves after seeing a how-to, and creating more of an overall bad image of the game while keeping "legitimate" cheating to manageable levels to enforce. When guides and downloads start becoming popular to cheat a game, a company can become buried quickly unless they're quicker on the fix, and the fix isn't always quick or easy without breaking other things. The less information out there on how to cheat, the less volume of players that'll be tempted by the low-hanging fruit, so to speak.
#16 Oct 31 2013 at 3:32 AM Rating: Good
Avatar
***
1,418 posts
QSlick wrote:
Teneleven wrote:
I'm a little unsure what he means by inner beast for self healing is a bad thing. I understand the 15% curing bonus, but that is what that skill is for. I hit convalecense, then my str+20% ability...inner beast can do like 1400 dmg, so it's a self heal/spike dmg in one ability. Assuming that the 1400 is not just hp restored, but also dmg dealt.


Provided I'm not misreading your comment, I believe the way Inner Beast works is that it heals the user three times the amount of damage it deals.

Yeah, so i don't quite understand this:
Quote:
There's also the matter of Wrath and the use of Inner Beast. I believe that a lot of players are using Inner Beast to self-cure when taking a large amount of damage, but after becoming infuriated with five stacks of Wrath, players receive a 15% curing bonus, so instead of using Inner Beast right after taking heavy damage, I think it would be better to wait for heals from a white mage or scholar.
____________________________

#17 Oct 31 2013 at 4:31 AM Rating: Excellent
***
1,112 posts
I have to say, this annoyed me:

Square Enix wrote:

0:38:41
Q: How do you plan to address network lag in Europe
A: We've been receiving a lot of feedback on the EU forums about trouble with ISPs and network setups using WiFi. I believe information has already been shared by the European Community Team, but we would like players experiencing these issues to post further details that indicate the network card they are using, their provider, and any other pertinent information regarding their connections. Once we can define the issue, we would like to contact European providers to address connectivity problems, and we appreciate your cooperation in helping us.


That first sentence is utter tosh. Most of the complaints have been centered around the fact that SE has EU players use a Data Centre in Canada to play a very network timing sensitive game, nothing to do with our own ISPs or internet networks. The latency induced by the hops out of EU to US and then into Canada just put too much of a delay to reliably dodge AOEs.
____________________________
To endanger the soul endangers all,
when the soul is endangered it must become a Warrior.
#18 Oct 31 2013 at 5:10 AM Rating: Good
Teneleven wrote:
QSlick wrote:
Teneleven wrote:
I'm a little unsure what he means by inner beast for self healing is a bad thing. I understand the 15% curing bonus, but that is what that skill is for. I hit convalecense, then my str+20% ability...inner beast can do like 1400 dmg, so it's a self heal/spike dmg in one ability. Assuming that the 1400 is not just hp restored, but also dmg dealt.


Provided I'm not misreading your comment, I believe the way Inner Beast works is that it heals the user three times the amount of damage it deals.

Yeah, so i don't quite understand this:
Quote:
There's also the matter of Wrath and the use of Inner Beast. I believe that a lot of players are using Inner Beast to self-cure when taking a large amount of damage, but after becoming infuriated with five stacks of Wrath, players receive a 15% curing bonus, so instead of using Inner Beast right after taking heavy damage, I think it would be better to wait for heals from a white mage or scholar.


I could be misreading it also, but what I got out of that was that Warriors were not meant to gather their 5 wraths then use it automatically for "Inner Beast" but were meant to keep those 5 wraths for the 15% healing for a s long as feasible. Maybe using up the 5 wraths only when it is safe to, when you can use Infuriate right away, or when the fight is near the end anyway.

#19 Oct 31 2013 at 5:23 AM Rating: Excellent
Avatar
**
392 posts
WFOAssassin wrote:
But what about...
Quote:

1:50:35
Q: Are you looking into mini-games or other elements where free company members can gather and play?
A: I think some staff members are starting to think about a card game…


And what does this mean?
Edited, Oct 30th 2013 4:26pm by WFOAssassin


Triple Triad from FF8! <YES PLEASE!>
____________________________
"You are what you are on paper."
-
Avirex Idyll - Faerie Server
#20 Oct 31 2013 at 7:07 AM Rating: Good
Avatar
***
1,163 posts
RyanSquires wrote:
WFOAssassin wrote:
But what about...
Quote:

1:50:35
Q: Are you looking into mini-games or other elements where free company members can gather and play?
A: I think some staff members are starting to think about a card game…


And what does this mean?
Edited, Oct 30th 2013 4:26pm by WFOAssassin


Triple Triad from FF8! <YES PLEASE!>


I think I would become a professional player if that happened. I can't wait to see what they bring us. Although Tetra Master was a fun game I really, REALLY hope its Triple Triad too.
#21 Oct 31 2013 at 7:31 AM Rating: Good
Scholar
***
2,426 posts
Gnu wrote:
At first things sounded good. Then I realized this game needs more playable content and stable servers way more than housing.


Edited, Oct 30th 2013 5:20pm by Gnu


borrowed and edited to reflect my growing rage
____________________________
monk
dragoon
[ffxivsig]477065[/ffxivsig]
#22 Oct 31 2013 at 8:00 AM Rating: Good
Scholar
Avatar
*
181 posts
RyanSquires wrote:
WFOAssassin wrote:
But what about...
Quote:

1:50:35
Q: Are you looking into mini-games or other elements where free company members can gather and play?
A: I think some staff members are starting to think about a card game…


And what does this mean?
Edited, Oct 30th 2013 4:26pm by WFOAssassin


Triple Triad from FF8! <YES PLEASE!>


is that anything like the card game in ff9 which was my fav
#23 Oct 31 2013 at 8:59 AM Rating: Good
***
2,232 posts
Gnu wrote:
At first things sounded good. Then I realized this game needs more playable content way more than housing.


Edited, Oct 30th 2013 5:20pm by Gnu


I don't understand this comment. I've been playing since P4 (P3 really) and don't even have one thing level 50 yet. I just downed story Garuda last night and now have access to Darkhold.

I feel that there is a LOT to do in this game.
____________________________
Character: Urzol Thrush
Server: Ultros
FC: The Kraken Club

Outshined

Teneleven wrote:
We secretly replaced your tank wemelchor with Foldgers Crystal's. Let's see what happens.

#24 Oct 31 2013 at 9:05 AM Rating: Decent
Scholar
***
3,599 posts
Wow, it is literally just "house house house," huh?

We need content, and strangely lounging in a hammock is not my idea of content.
____________________________

[ffxivsig]1183812[/ffxivsig]
#25 Oct 31 2013 at 9:12 AM Rating: Good
Scholar
***
2,426 posts
agree, but i'm more concerned with how server lag is making what little endgame content (coil) there is kind of borderline not worth doing, at least for me. Last night i was getting hit by repelling cannons before the red aoe even showed up, then passed a rot to someone (without imnmunity) who didn't get it even though my character was clearly on top of theirs facehumping them....ugh it's just getting ridiculous and I'm pretty sure at least some of my FC thinks i suck at the game when its the game that sucks at working correctly.


apologies for rant just....man its frustrating.
____________________________
monk
dragoon
[ffxivsig]477065[/ffxivsig]
#26 Oct 31 2013 at 9:20 AM Rating: Good
Avatar
***
1,163 posts
domice wrote:
RyanSquires wrote:
WFOAssassin wrote:
But what about...
Quote:

1:50:35
Q: Are you looking into mini-games or other elements where free company members can gather and play?
A: I think some staff members are starting to think about a card game…


And what does this mean?
Edited, Oct 30th 2013 4:26pm by WFOAssassin


Triple Triad from FF8! <YES PLEASE!>


is that anything like the card game in ff9 which was my fav


Well, FFIX's card game is called Tetra Master and FFVIII's is called Triple Triad. It has similarities but is much different. Here: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=264wi-_Yxmw It is a little simpler but I has a lot of strategy too. I just like it more. There is a debate over what card game is better and I'm sure Yoshi will take that into consideration. Its possible they create a new card game too, maybe? Either way, one group will be upset but in the end we will all like the results. Ill play either I just like the mechanics and gathering of Triple Triad. That's me though.

Edited, Oct 31st 2013 11:22am by WFOAssassin
« Previous 1 2
Reply To Thread

Colors Smileys Quote OriginalQuote Checked Help

 

Recent Visitors: 0 All times are in CDT