Forum Settings
       
« Previous 1 2
Reply To Thread

Dev Reponse to EXP Increase in DungeonsFollow

#1 Oct 31 2013 at 12:58 PM Rating: Excellent
Avatar
***
1,208 posts
LINK

Quote:
Greetings,

As was mentioned during the Letter from the Producer LIVE Part IX, we'll be introducing a feature for the Duty Finder in patch 2.1 that will place you in a random dungeon in order to get people participating in a wider variety of dungeons.

Specifically, we will be breaking down dungeon content into different categories such as leveling dungeons, level 50+ dungeons, and primal battles, and players will be matched for random content. You'll be able to challenge each category once every real-world day and as a reward you will receive each kind of Allagan tomestones. Participants will be matched with priority on content that is lacking members.

Also, in order to strike a proper balance between this plan and the experience points gained by participating in FATE, we will be increasing the amount of experience points gained in dungeons in patch 2.1.


Credit to reseph on Reddit for posting this there first.
____________________________
The Kraken Club - (Ultros FC)
Character Name: Meat Mithkabob
#2 Oct 31 2013 at 1:10 PM Rating: Excellent
**
576 posts
I'm very pleased with this news. I'd much rather run dungeons for xp than Fates.

I just hope they have accounted for the increase in instances that is likely to result from these two changes. Otherwise we may be looking at another wave of 90000 errors.

I'll give SE the benefit of the doubt, though.
____________________________
FFXI, Siren: Pickins BST99.:~:.BLM75.:~:.RDM56
FFXIV, Siren: Miss Pickins - Builder of the Realm
#3 Oct 31 2013 at 1:13 PM Rating: Excellent
Guru
**
617 posts
Awesome news!
#4 Oct 31 2013 at 1:16 PM Rating: Excellent
Scholar
*
180 posts
does this mean I could potentially run the Manor or Cutters Cry and be getting my Myth and Philo cap?
#5 Oct 31 2013 at 1:17 PM Rating: Excellent
Avatar
***
1,208 posts
TheAnf wrote:
does this mean I could potentially run the Manor or Cutters Cry and be getting my Myth and Philo cap?


That's how I read it... any dungeon that is having trouble filling a group in the DF.
____________________________
The Kraken Club - (Ultros FC)
Character Name: Meat Mithkabob
#6 Oct 31 2013 at 1:18 PM Rating: Excellent
**
576 posts
Hairspray wrote:
TheAnf wrote:
does this mean I could potentially run the Manor or Cutters Cry and be getting my Myth and Philo cap?


That's how I read it... any dungeon that is having trouble filling a group in the DF.


Limited to once per day per category, though.
____________________________
FFXI, Siren: Pickins BST99.:~:.BLM75.:~:.RDM56
FFXIV, Siren: Miss Pickins - Builder of the Realm
#7 Oct 31 2013 at 1:20 PM Rating: Good
Scholar
*
180 posts
Pickins wrote:
Hairspray wrote:
TheAnf wrote:
does this mean I could potentially run the Manor or Cutters Cry and be getting my Myth and Philo cap?


That's how I read it... any dungeon that is having trouble filling a group in the DF.


Limited to once per day per category, though.


Category referring to Primal, Exp dungeon, 50+ dungeon?
#8 Oct 31 2013 at 1:27 PM Rating: Excellent
**
576 posts
TheAnf wrote:


Category referring to Primal, Exp dungeon, 50+ dungeon?


That's how I read it.
____________________________
FFXI, Siren: Pickins BST99.:~:.BLM75.:~:.RDM56
FFXIV, Siren: Miss Pickins - Builder of the Realm
#9 Oct 31 2013 at 1:28 PM Rating: Good
Needs More Smut
******
21,262 posts
Sounds like that's what they mean.

Right now, higher level players have zilch incentive to Duty Finder up for lower level dungeons (since if they're helping someone in the FC, they'll probably build a party outside.) Giving them the option to spam those lower level dungeons once a day in each category for tomes will fix some of the waiting times in the baby dungeons.
____________________________
FFXI: Catwho on Bismarck: Retired December 2014
Thayos wrote:
I can't understand anyone who skips the cutscenes of a Final Fantasy game. That's like going to Texas and not getting barbecue.

FFXIV: Katarh Mest and Taprara Rara on Lamia Server - Member of The Swarm
Curator of the XIV Wallpapers Tumblr and the XIV Fashion Tumblr
#10 Oct 31 2013 at 2:34 PM Rating: Excellent
Hopefully this is implemented right... if the tomes/hour don't match up, the speed runners will all just ignore this.
____________________________
Thayos Redblade
Jormungandr
Hyperion
#11 Oct 31 2013 at 2:41 PM Rating: Excellent
***
2,232 posts
Thayos wrote:
Hopefully this is implemented right... if the tomes/hour don't match up, the speed runners will all just ignore this.

If you can cruise through a lowbie dungeon or kill ifrit in 5 minutes, they will definitely do it. Since it will only be once a day, i think it will be ok.
____________________________
Character: Urzol Thrush
Server: Ultros
FC: The Kraken Club

Outshined

Teneleven wrote:
We secretly replaced your tank wemelchor with Foldgers Crystal's. Let's see what happens.

#12 Oct 31 2013 at 2:51 PM Rating: Good
*
197 posts
Thayos wrote:
Hopefully this is implemented right... if the tomes/hour don't match up, the speed runners will all just ignore this.


And this is a problem how? Let those asshats stay in prea and CM..ill gladly run lower level dungeons to help people out and get tomes for it. They probably won't like it anyway cause they might have to actually talk and help someone.
____________________________
Character Name: Jeskradha Duskmantle
Free Company - The Kraken Club <ZAM>
Server: Ultros
#13 Oct 31 2013 at 3:35 PM Rating: Excellent
Scholar
*
180 posts
I agree I'd love to have a re-run the low dungeons over again and still "get something" out of it some of the low dungeons are awesome (I love the manor)

#14 Oct 31 2013 at 3:40 PM Rating: Good
***
3,712 posts
I wonder why the once-per-day limit.

Wouldn't it be beneficial to have people doing this all the time to fill DF groups?
____________________________
svlyons wrote:
If random outcomes aren't acceptable to you, then don't play with random people.
#15 Oct 31 2013 at 3:45 PM Rating: Excellent
***
2,232 posts
Archmage Callinon wrote:
I wonder why the once-per-day limit.

Wouldn't it be beneficial to have people doing this all the time to fill DF groups?


Maybe after they stand it up it would be worth reviewing. Let it run for a few weeks and re-assess?
____________________________
Character: Urzol Thrush
Server: Ultros
FC: The Kraken Club

Outshined

Teneleven wrote:
We secretly replaced your tank wemelchor with Foldgers Crystal's. Let's see what happens.

#16 Oct 31 2013 at 3:49 PM Rating: Excellent
*
197 posts
Archmage Callinon wrote:
I wonder why the once-per-day limit.

Wouldn't it be beneficial to have people doing this all the time to fill DF groups?



Yeah I kind of wonder about this also, In WoW, you got an initial reward for your first random, like lets say 20 tomes for arguments sake, cause I really cant remember what it was, and then 10 tomes for every random after that. Although that was for heroics where you were getting tomes in the dungeons on top of the rewards which made it more worth while to run random dungeons in the first place. Unless they plan to start handing out tomes for running low level dungeons, I don't see anyone doing this more then once a day, at least for the story mode dungeons.

Its so weird to me how they took so many things from other MMO's but missed some of the things that to me seemed common sense, or at least seemed to work, Like having Heroic, or Hard Mode, versions of all their dungeons that reward Tomes, thus not having everyone limited to running WP/AK or CM/Prea for Tomes. HM Manor or Brayflox would be epic IMO.

Edited, Oct 31st 2013 5:49pm by Jeskradha
____________________________
Character Name: Jeskradha Duskmantle
Free Company - The Kraken Club <ZAM>
Server: Ultros
#17 Oct 31 2013 at 5:06 PM Rating: Excellent
****
5,745 posts
Archmage Callinon wrote:
I wonder why the once-per-day limit.

Wouldn't it be beneficial to have people doing this all the time to fill DF groups?

The less commonly played dungeons are only going to have a small number of people queued up for them, so once-per-day is probably fine. The more players there are that need a dungeon, the less of a problem you have to start with for that dungeon.
____________________________
Lyonheart, like Eorzia, will be reborn in FFXIV!

FFXI veteran (Lyonheart and Lakiskline of Lakshmi)
1/467 on signed HQ Weskit!!!
#18 Oct 31 2013 at 7:10 PM Rating: Good
Scholar
**
972 posts
Archmage Callinon wrote:
I wonder why the once-per-day limit.

Wouldn't it be beneficial to have people doing this all the time to fill DF groups?

No limit would definitely increase the speed of getting parties for every dungeon.

I think any limit in place is for the other possible side of the equation?

People stop doing the harder dungeons as often for tomes,etc and spam the easier ones.
#19 Oct 31 2013 at 7:22 PM Rating: Good
***
3,712 posts
sandpark wrote:
Archmage Callinon wrote:
I wonder why the once-per-day limit.

Wouldn't it be beneficial to have people doing this all the time to fill DF groups?

No limit would definitely increase the speed of getting parties for every dungeon.

I think any limit in place is for the other possible side of the equation?

People stop doing the harder dungeons as often for tomes,etc and spam the easier ones.


It'd be perfectly fine to reduce the tomestone reward after the first one each day. I just don't see the reason for limiting people to one random dungeon per day. Unless there's some technical reason they can't do it... we already know their instancing system is less than stellar, maybe they don't think they can handle a ton of people spamming random dungeons?
____________________________
svlyons wrote:
If random outcomes aren't acceptable to you, then don't play with random people.
#20 Oct 31 2013 at 8:14 PM Rating: Default
Scholar
Avatar
*****
12,810 posts
Archmage Callinon wrote:
I wonder why the once-per-day limit.

Wouldn't it be beneficial to have people doing this all the time to fill DF groups?


The Irony is: SE was moving away with it for XI but other MMOs does once a day/week stuff so of course ARR has to. It makes little sense since myth wise you're capped to 300/week as is.

____________________________

#21 Oct 31 2013 at 8:45 PM Rating: Decent
Scholar
***
3,653 posts
Quote:
If you can cruise through a lowbie dungeon or kill ifrit in 5 minutes, they will definitely do it. Since it will only be once a day, i think it will be ok.


Nah, people who cap their tomes in a couple of hours via Coil and WP will have no reason at all to go back and do level capped dungeons. The only thing that would encourage them is if the tome cap for dailies is unrelated to the current one.

Edited, Nov 1st 2013 2:45am by blowfin
____________________________
I tell you, we are here on Earth to **** around, and don’t let anybody tell you different.
#22 Oct 31 2013 at 10:07 PM Rating: Good
Scholar
Avatar
**
412 posts
Lol... Then we should all end up in Titan then no?
#23 Oct 31 2013 at 11:37 PM Rating: Excellent
****
5,745 posts
Archmage Callinon wrote:
sandpark wrote:
Archmage Callinon wrote:
I wonder why the once-per-day limit.

Wouldn't it be beneficial to have people doing this all the time to fill DF groups?

No limit would definitely increase the speed of getting parties for every dungeon.

I think any limit in place is for the other possible side of the equation?

People stop doing the harder dungeons as often for tomes,etc and spam the easier ones.


It'd be perfectly fine to reduce the tomestone reward after the first one each day. I just don't see the reason for limiting people to one random dungeon per day. Unless there's some technical reason they can't do it... we already know their instancing system is less than stellar, maybe they don't think they can handle a ton of people spamming random dungeons?

There are plenty of low tech ways for players to pick quasi-random dungeons with no additional rewards after the once-per-day limit. Darts. Coin flipping. Rolling dice. Just pick something you haven't done in a while.

A once-a-day limit really isn't that big of a deal.
____________________________
Lyonheart, like Eorzia, will be reborn in FFXIV!

FFXI veteran (Lyonheart and Lakiskline of Lakshmi)
1/467 on signed HQ Weskit!!!
#24 Nov 01 2013 at 4:45 AM Rating: Good
Avatar
*
72 posts
With there being so many dungeons, and considering the time it takes to create them, they should be made a staple activity. Keep tombs, keep rng drops, but add a token system reward for all dungeons to trade in for gear, vanity items, crafting mats, ect. Provide a wide array of rewards to appeal to different play styles and that will provide incentive for people to run that content.
#25 Nov 01 2013 at 5:20 AM Rating: Good
Worst. Title. Ever!
*****
16,883 posts
SistinasAria wrote:
With there being so many dungeons, and considering the time it takes to create them, they should be made a staple activity. Keep tombs, keep rng drops, but add a token system reward for all dungeons to trade in for gear, vanity items, crafting mats, ect. Provide a wide array of rewards to appeal to different play styles and that will provide incentive for people to run that content.


Player and Free Company housing rewards (furniture, trophies, sculptures, etc.) from dungeon tokens, unique to each specific dungeon (not just categories). Free Company boosts similar to those now that can be purchased with the same unique dungeon tokens.

Completely optional stuff, but an incentive to do these dungeons and keep doing them down the road.
____________________________
Can't sleep, clown will eat me.
#26 Nov 01 2013 at 7:18 AM Rating: Good
***
3,712 posts
Quote:
There are plenty of low tech ways for players to pick quasi-random dungeons with no additional rewards after the once-per-day limit. Darts. Coin flipping. Rolling dice. Just pick something you haven't done in a while.

A once-a-day limit really isn't that big of a deal.


Of course, you could do that now. But people won't do it if there's no reward for it. That's just a fact of how MMO players work.
____________________________
svlyons wrote:
If random outcomes aren't acceptable to you, then don't play with random people.
« Previous 1 2
Reply To Thread

Colors Smileys Quote OriginalQuote Checked Help

 

Recent Visitors: 68 All times are in CDT
Anonymous Guests (68)