Forum Settings
       
Reply To Thread

Weekend Accomplishment Thread (Nov 4)Follow

#1 Nov 04 2013 at 2:16 AM Rating: Excellent
**
589 posts
So how was everyone's weekend - all good I hope?!

Main story line finished.
Grand Companies questline complete (although I was the weakest link in Aurum Vale >.<)
Dragoon questline complete (my last 50 from 1.0 finally finished and up to date)
Got a few levels on Monk (46 now) and Weaver (25 now) and Alchemist 50.
____________________________
Solomon Grundy | Born on a Monday | Excalibur Server | Abyss: Welcome to a Higher Quality of Nerding™
#2 Nov 04 2013 at 3:25 AM Rating: Excellent
Scholar
*
66 posts
With lots of distractions and limitations I managed to clear the first 3 dungeons in the game.

Tiresome business, had to get down and dirty, but sailed through with the help of 3 FC-members, did it in recordtime(for me, hard eh?)

So now its only a few more missions to go before i can get my mount! Woohoo!

I found out duty finder for low level missions on a legacy server was not a viable solution as THM..
nearly 2 hours queuing with nothing happening.

Anyone know if there are any more non-endgame content i need to unlock with main story quests after grand companies?(Chocobo/mount)
____________________________
Actively playing Final Fantasy XIV! :)
Retired from: silkroad, cabal online, eve, age of conan, runes of magic, perfect world, darkfall, ++
Retired WoW player. Night Elf.
Retired FFXI player.
Galka!!
#3 Nov 04 2013 at 3:49 AM Rating: Excellent
*
70 posts
It was a pretty good weekend for me. I managed to hit all my crafting goals and start a new one. First I wanted to level the rest of my DoH classes that were in the mid twenties. Armorer, blacksmith, leatherworker, goldsmith, and carpenter are now all even at 30. Miner went 29-30 and botanist 31-32 while out gathering mats to level.

Since I've been banking my leves all week I then decided to see if I could take my culinarian to 50. I managed to go from 37-43 before I had to call it quits for the weekend. I might have to do some farming for more mats in between but I'm sure I'll be able to hit 50 this week.
#4 Nov 04 2013 at 3:56 AM Rating: Excellent
Scholar
****
4,506 posts
Before i called it a night yesterday i got both my Armorer to 50 (i have 3 crafting classes at 50 now! :D) and got a Unicorn from Conjurer. Not the most rough or intense weekend, but it was fun for me.
____________________________
[XI] Surivere of Valefor
[XIV] Sir Surian Bedivere of Behemoth
http://na.finalfantasyxiv.com/lodestone/character/2401553/
#5 Nov 04 2013 at 5:51 AM Rating: Excellent
***
1,430 posts
*Started out on Fishing and moved up to level 17. Wish I could do more with most of the fish I caught, though. Seems I've just been NPCing the majority of the fish I couldn't use for Culinarian.

*Gathered enough books for a Summoner's Horn (no way I'm wearing that Darklight hoodie. The Doublet's next) and some Relic oil. Titan's all that's left for me to get past now.

____________________________
Hayward: San d'Orian Elvaan Male. Cerberus Server.

*Current Project: Mog Garden*
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Hayward Timberwolf | Limsa Lominsa | Adamantoise | Elezen Male

Main class: ACN50
Other classes: THM50|ARC50|CNJ50|GLA50|MRD50|PGL50|LNC50|ROG50
DoH: CUL50|CRP50|ALC50|BSM50|ARM50|WVR50|LTW50|GSM50
DoL: Miner, Lv. 50|Botanist Lv. 50|Fisher Lv. 50
Jobs Unlocked: SMN|BLM|SCH|PLD|WHM|BRD|WAR|DRG|NIN
#6 Nov 04 2013 at 6:20 AM Rating: Good
31 posts
Not much. I moved. Booooo.... But on the FFXIV side I took BLM from 34 to mid 35 and completed the BLM 35 quest.
#7 Nov 04 2013 at 7:19 AM Rating: Excellent
Sage
Avatar
**
777 posts
Picked at my Monk, went from 44-45 and got my armor. Did a couple of Dzemael Darkhold runs for XP (I hate FATEs), but the wait times were stupid long so I didn't do many. Dragging my feet getting to 50, not keen on the environment there.

Made two full stacks and then some of lavender oil getting culinarian to 15, then turned it all in via Leves in Aleport and got to 20 in half an hour.

Unlocked Thaumaturge as the first step in working on Black Mage, which I decided is going to be my second job to 50.

Hit a few trees with my axe.
#8 Nov 04 2013 at 7:25 AM Rating: Excellent
Avatar
***
1,208 posts
Got Leatherworker from 30-41

Did some mining to make some gil back... after gearing 3 level 50's, Miner, Goldsmith, and Armorer, I'm dead broke.

Luckily with that combination of level 50 jobs it doesn't take long to make some gil. I can make HQ Aetheryte Rings pretty easily, etc.

I'm taking Leatherworker to 50 because I need to be able to make the gear for the other jobs... but I'm getting tired of grinding crafting... (I know, weird huh?)... Crystal and I worked on our storyline some more, we're now in Coerthas closing in on the storyline quests at our own level... (we were behind.)

Hopefully we'll be on the level 50 track for DRG and WHM soon (Both of us are 41 now) Smiley: grin



Edited, Nov 4th 2013 10:35am by Hairspray
____________________________
The Kraken Club - (Ultros FC)
Character Name: Meat Mithkabob
#9 Nov 04 2013 at 8:17 AM Rating: Excellent
Avatar
*
88 posts
Grind fest weekend.... Got a my Tomes up to about 850 and took a shot at Titan again..(Figured if I win I have enough for relic oil and if not get some more DL) 9x 3 diff parties.. 3rd was the best we got past heart and got him down to about 20% and that was it , rest of tries weren't as good s used what I had to buy more DL and then Spammed AK,WP,and CM all weekend

other than that helped a few FC ppl in low dungeons
____________________________
Freaky Deaky Excalibur
#10 Nov 04 2013 at 8:34 AM Rating: Excellent
***
2,232 posts
Again, not a "weekend" reply, but the past week.

Cleared Darkhold with FC peeps!

GSM, WVR, BSM, ALC all @ 40+. Should have the rest to 40 in the next couple days.

Farmed up a metric *** ton of shards for push to 45.

BOT/MIN 36-37.

THM 0-20.

____________________________
Character: Urzol Thrush
Server: Ultros
FC: The Kraken Club

Outshined

Teneleven wrote:
We secretly replaced your tank wemelchor with Foldgers Crystal's. Let's see what happens.

#11 Nov 04 2013 at 8:57 AM Rating: Excellent
Scholar
***
2,426 posts
while leveling Bard, ended up 3-manning all of Qarn because our other dps left after someone made a minor mistake, and we never got a replacement. It was really fun. I actually got to use shadowbind and it mattered.
____________________________
monk
dragoon

#12 Nov 04 2013 at 9:13 AM Rating: Excellent
Avatar
***
2,550 posts
Cleared Turn 1 and 2 again, not enough time for 4 because my static got started late. Got the Allagan Ring of Casting. Smiley: grin
Reset my materia slots in my Vanya Hat because I realized accuracy was important (was missing 10% on ADS). Smiley: dubious
Brought Leatherworker from 1-36. Currently enjoying "Waste Not". Surprised that I can actually HQ stuff reliably while leveling (i.e. Im making my own quest turn ins) Smiley: grin
Beat chimera, hydra, garuda HM, and titan HM a few times with FC to help ppl. =) Smiley: cool
Got Paladin to 35 and I'm back in the tin can armor. Smiley: oyvey
Slowly regaining my fortune after vanya gear and FC donations brought me down 900k. Smiley: eek

____________________________
Character Name: Valk Ayree
Server: Lamia; Free Company Leader - The Swarm (Swarm)
http://na.finalfantasyxiv.com/lodestone/character/1746889/
- Blue Mage? FTW? -
#13 Nov 04 2013 at 9:46 AM Rating: Excellent
**
576 posts
Finished the last few levels of carpenter and took Weaver from 36 to 50. That was a bit pricey, mostly due to skyrocketing shard prices.

I really wish we could still break down crystals and clusters.

____________________________
FFXI, Siren: Pickins BST99.:~:.BLM75.:~:.RDM56
FFXIV, Siren: Miss Pickins - Builder of the Realm
#14 Nov 04 2013 at 9:49 AM Rating: Excellent
Needs More Smut
******
21,262 posts
Conjurer 35 and unlocked Wineport leves.

Fisher 41 and did the **** rain fishing quest in Gridania. Took me six hours on Saturday because it refused to rain. Once it did, I caught 17 fish total and tossed my extra 12 on the AH for a nice profit.
____________________________
FFXI: Catwho on Bismarck: Retired December 2014
Thayos wrote:
I can't understand anyone who skips the cutscenes of a Final Fantasy game. That's like going to Texas and not getting barbecue.

FFXIV: Katarh Mest and Taprara Rara on Lamia Server - Member of The Swarm
Curator of the XIV Wallpapers Tumblr and the XIV Fashion Tumblr
#15 Nov 04 2013 at 9:52 AM Rating: Excellent
**
589 posts
Pickins wrote:


I really wish we could still break down crystals and clusters.



I think it should be a Alchemy skill 1 Cluster > 5 Crystals > 50 Shards
____________________________
Solomon Grundy | Born on a Monday | Excalibur Server | Abyss: Welcome to a Higher Quality of Nerding™
#16 Nov 04 2013 at 9:55 AM Rating: Excellent
***
2,232 posts
SolomonGrundy wrote:
Pickins wrote:


I really wish we could still break down crystals and clusters.



I think it should be a Alchemy skill 1 Cluster > 5 Crystals > 50 Shards


I vote for this. :)
____________________________
Character: Urzol Thrush
Server: Ultros
FC: The Kraken Club

Outshined

Teneleven wrote:
We secretly replaced your tank wemelchor with Foldgers Crystal's. Let's see what happens.

#17 Nov 04 2013 at 9:57 AM Rating: Excellent
***
3,178 posts
Valkayree wrote:
Cleared Turn 1 and 2 again, not enough time for 4 because my static got started late. Got the Allagan Ring of Casting. Smiley: grin
Reset my materia slots in my Vanya Hat because I realized accuracy was important (was missing 10% on ADS). Smiley: dubious
Brought Leatherworker from 1-36. Currently enjoying "Waste Not". Surprised that I can actually HQ stuff reliably while leveling (i.e. Im making my own quest turn ins) Smiley: grin
Beat chimera, hydra, garuda HM, and titan HM a few times with FC to help ppl. =) Smiley: cool
Got Paladin to 35 and I'm back in the tin can armor. Smiley: oyvey
Slowly regaining my fortune after vanya gear and FC donations brought me down 900k. Smiley: eek



Sweet, grats on the Coil drop! Interesting using materia for stacked ACC. Would that be better than AF2 hat?

For myself, I capped Myth for the first time ever, then just kept on running for more Philo! Just need the boots for a complete BLM set of Darklight. Practiced a bit for Titan HM this Wednesday.

Ran Ifrit HM a ton of times for WHM staff. That run is getting pretty easy. It's fun to be one of the last 4 people and still win. And sometimes, WHM LB3 FTW! That's a good time!

Fingers crossed for a Wednesday Titan win!
#18 Nov 04 2013 at 9:59 AM Rating: Excellent
**
576 posts
SolomonGrundy wrote:
Pickins wrote:


I really wish we could still break down crystals and clusters.



I think it should be a Alchemy skill 1 Cluster > 5 Crystals > 50 Shards


That's pretty much how it was in 1.0, but I don't remember the conversion ratio.

I'd be fine with it being a general ability like the materia actions, or maybe a special one available to all crafting classes like dyes.

/derail
____________________________
FFXI, Siren: Pickins BST99.:~:.BLM75.:~:.RDM56
FFXIV, Siren: Miss Pickins - Builder of the Realm
#19 Nov 04 2013 at 10:05 AM Rating: Excellent
***
2,232 posts
Pickins wrote:
SolomonGrundy wrote:
Pickins wrote:


I really wish we could still break down crystals and clusters.



I think it should be a Alchemy skill 1 Cluster > 5 Crystals > 50 Shards


That's pretty much how it was in 1.0, but I don't remember the conversion ratio.

I'd be fine with it being a general ability like the materia actions, or maybe a special one available to all crafting classes like dyes.

/derail

I think this is an even better idea. It would keep ALC from overtaking the market, and put a big dent in the RMT market. Right now, shard gathering is such a HUGE timesink, even with the wards.
____________________________
Character: Urzol Thrush
Server: Ultros
FC: The Kraken Club

Outshined

Teneleven wrote:
We secretly replaced your tank wemelchor with Foldgers Crystal's. Let's see what happens.

#20 Nov 04 2013 at 10:27 AM Rating: Good
Avatar
***
1,208 posts
LebargeX wrote:
Pickins wrote:
SolomonGrundy wrote:
Pickins wrote:


I really wish we could still break down crystals and clusters.



I think it should be a Alchemy skill 1 Cluster > 5 Crystals > 50 Shards


That's pretty much how it was in 1.0, but I don't remember the conversion ratio.

I'd be fine with it being a general ability like the materia actions, or maybe a special one available to all crafting classes like dyes.

/derail

I think this is an even better idea. It would keep ALC from overtaking the market, and put a big dent in the RMT market. Right now, shard gathering is such a HUGE timesink, even with the wards.


I don't know about 1.0, but FFXI you could break clusters into crystals... (there was no such thing as shards in FFXI).

I would think the reason he said Alchemy is because it needs the help... all other DOH can be profitable, but name one person who uses potions in this game.
____________________________
The Kraken Club - (Ultros FC)
Character Name: Meat Mithkabob
#21 Nov 04 2013 at 10:53 AM Rating: Excellent
Avatar
***
2,550 posts
Gnu wrote:
Valkayree wrote:
Cleared Turn 1 and 2 again, not enough time for 4 because my static got started late. Got the Allagan Ring of Casting. Smiley: grin
Reset my materia slots in my Vanya Hat because I realized accuracy was important (was missing 10% on ADS). Smiley: dubious
Brought Leatherworker from 1-36. Currently enjoying "Waste Not". Surprised that I can actually HQ stuff reliably while leveling (i.e. Im making my own quest turn ins) Smiley: grin
Beat chimera, hydra, garuda HM, and titan HM a few times with FC to help ppl. =) Smiley: cool
Got Paladin to 35 and I'm back in the tin can armor. Smiley: oyvey
Slowly regaining my fortune after vanya gear and FC donations brought me down 900k. Smiley: eek



Sweet, grats on the Coil drop! Interesting using materia for stacked ACC. Would that be better than AF2 hat?

For myself, I capped Myth for the first time ever, then just kept on running for more Philo! Just need the boots for a complete BLM set of Darklight. Practiced a bit for Titan HM this Wednesday.

Ran Ifrit HM a ton of times for WHM staff. That run is getting pretty easy. It's fun to be one of the last 4 people and still win. And sometimes, WHM LB3 FTW! That's a good time!

Fingers crossed for a Wednesday Titan win!


You will come to the point in coil turn 2 where you kind of have to worry more about accuracy Gnu. If you can't find a combination to hit 432 acc, you will not be at hitting at 100% and your spells will have the dreaded "MISS". I was at 414 and was hitting 90%. When you consider that this could be your firestarter crit, or your blizzard III trigger to pick up your mana, you can run into big problems and your damage suffers so much more than it would have you just took the det and int hit. I personally had to slot the hat with acc and swap out my af2 ring and allagan gloves with the darklight versions last night just for coil 2 and i hit 434 accuracy. I didnt miss and all and we beat the run. Afterwards, I swapped back to my better INT pieces.

I am up to get another af2 piece this week. I was going to get the hat (which was so enticing becuase I want to convert my lvl 70 vanya hat for a guaranteed level IV materia (that will probably be ice IV)) but after discussions with the fc, they brought up that the boots might be better for me in my situation since they will give a big acc boost over the darklight and I wont have to lose all that int when I swap my gear. You start worrying about BiS (best in stat) gear at that point.

The struggle is getting that damage up there while maintaining that 432 accuracy (which is also the mark you need to hit 100% all the way through turn 5 as blm). And unfortunately, the first things to go are spell speed and determination =(

____________________________
Character Name: Valk Ayree
Server: Lamia; Free Company Leader - The Swarm (Swarm)
http://na.finalfantasyxiv.com/lodestone/character/1746889/
- Blue Mage? FTW? -
#22 Nov 04 2013 at 11:22 AM Rating: Excellent
Scholar
36 posts
did not play much but did Titan for my story and leveled 35-almost 38

mining 10-16
armor smithing 10-15
#23 Nov 04 2013 at 1:29 PM Rating: Excellent
Avatar
***
1,556 posts
Played a little less this weekend. Actually went outside and spent a lot of time with boyfriend. Smiley: flowers

Got BRD to 50 and did the relic quest once again (5th) but didn't have time to get the 900 philosophy item or gear it with DL.

When I was in game, I was running WP or AK over and over again for philosophy. My FC attempted T5 outside of our static groups on Friday and realized that 4000 HP was the bare minimum you needed to not be one shot by a fireball or aetheric profusion. So, I was pretty stressed trying to make some accessories with VIT in them. Only managed to get the ring done.

Attempted T5 Sunday. Had to buy some pretty pricey VIT food and was sitting at around 3990 HP. Didn't get one shot but came close a few times (170 HP).

Spent remaining time studying for EMF test/doing DPS homework while being sick due to flu shot!

I hope everyone had a better weekend. :3

Edited, Nov 4th 2013 4:05pm by HitomeOfBismarck
#24 Nov 04 2013 at 1:55 PM Rating: Excellent
Avatar
***
2,550 posts
HitomeOfBismarck wrote:

My FC attempted T5 outside of our static groups on Friday and realized that 4000 HP was the bare minimum you needed to not be one shot by a fireball or aetherial profusion. So, I was pretty stressed trying to make some accessories with VIT in them. Only managed to get the ring done.

Attempted T5 Sunday. Had to buy some pretty pricey VIT food and was sitting at around 3990 HP. Didn't get one shot but came close a few times (170 HP).


Good advice. Uh oh, I'm at like ~3600 base... Guess I'll use that last slot in the hat for vit, and work on slotting some rose gold earrings (since I cant bring myself to replace my allagan / hero's ring combo).

Also, is aetherial profusion the tornado attack? or does that still one shot everyone? Only been up to turn 4.

Edited, Nov 4th 2013 1:56pm by Valkayree
____________________________
Character Name: Valk Ayree
Server: Lamia; Free Company Leader - The Swarm (Swarm)
http://na.finalfantasyxiv.com/lodestone/character/1746889/
- Blue Mage? FTW? -
#25 Nov 04 2013 at 2:06 PM Rating: Excellent
***
3,178 posts
Valkayree wrote:

The struggle is getting that damage up there while maintaining that 432 accuracy (which is also the mark you need to hit 100% all the way through turn 5 as blm). And unfortunately, the first things to go are spell speed and determination =(



Did you see Hitome's latest awesome thread?

1st order of business is beat Titan, then I'm going to be really digging into this info to see what gear I need for Coil!
#26 Nov 04 2013 at 2:18 PM Rating: Excellent
I'm finally starting to feel better, so I managed to get a bit of gaming done this weekend, for the first time in weeks!

Friday I finished getting my Gla to 30, then did the 30 class quest and did the Pal job quest! Then my guild had GW2 missions later that night so I switched to that and did them. Saturday I continuted to level my Arcanist (was already level 15 for Whm), because I also want be a Scholar. Then my guild again wanted to do some stuff in GW2 so did that. (Multi game guild if anyone was curious as to why I switch back and forth)
____________________________
Things I sometimes play...

"What do you want to be when you grow up?"
"I want to be a unicorn!"
"Awww, why's that?"........
"So I can stab people with my face."
#27 Nov 04 2013 at 2:21 PM Rating: Excellent
Avatar
***
2,550 posts
Gnu wrote:
Valkayree wrote:

The struggle is getting that damage up there while maintaining that 432 accuracy (which is also the mark you need to hit 100% all the way through turn 5 as blm). And unfortunately, the first things to go are spell speed and determination =(



Did you see Hitome's latest awesome thread?

1st order of business is beat Titan, then I'm going to be really digging into this info to see what gear I need for Coil!


I have indeed. The only thing i can gather is that there is a difference of opinion in what is BiS. Some say Allagan gloves are better than AF2. Some say AF2 is better. Some say the Vanya hat slotted is better than petasos.

Bottom line, you work with what you have. Personally I will go AF2 boots - AF2 Tonban - AF2 Robe - AF2 Earrings / Choker - AF2 Hat - AF2 Bracelet.

Much depends on your coil drops. I know some folks who have ran coil a bunch and have no drops. I consider myself very fortunate to have received two (one per week I have run coil and actually beat it)
____________________________
Character Name: Valk Ayree
Server: Lamia; Free Company Leader - The Swarm (Swarm)
http://na.finalfantasyxiv.com/lodestone/character/1746889/
- Blue Mage? FTW? -
#28 Nov 04 2013 at 3:16 PM Rating: Excellent
Avatar
***
1,556 posts
Valkayree wrote:
Good advice. Uh oh, I'm at like ~3600 base... Guess I'll use that last slot in the hat for vit, and work on slotting some rose gold earrings (since I cant bring myself to replace my allagan / hero's ring combo).

Also, is aetheric profusion the tornado attack? or does that still one shot everyone? Only been up to turn 4.


You should be ok, Valk. Just a little more VIT. Remember, 4000 HP includes the VIT buff you gain with the tanks in your party. You can eat some of the recommended food I listed to push you over if you guys are starting to attempt it.

Aetheric profusion is the ability that will one shot you if you're not in the neurolinks (pieces of her collar that break off during the fight) that she has dropped throughout the beginning of the fight up till that point. Even when you're in the neurolinks, it can hit upward of 3800 HP I'm told. Our SMN who tried it on Friday was killed a few times at 3900 HP I believe due to fireball and perhaps even aetheric. I haven't had a chance to talk to him.

The two major abilities you're looking out for are fireball (this is started at 85% to 55%) and aetheric profusion (54/55% to 30%)

Here's a list of what goes on:

http://bluegarter.guildwork.com/forum/threads/5271d01fc16e4d64875e52dd-order-of-the-blue-garters-twintania-coloring-and-activity-book

And here's the video:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=TDJde_SZfNw

You can see fireball at the following times: 3:32, 3:56 (this one is cast while conflag is up..notice how it doesn't go off because the person targeted runs into the conflag?), 4:21, 4:46, 5:13 (again, this one doesn't go off; you see what's happening? :) ), 5:36, 6:02, 6:26, 6:51

You can see aetheric profusion at the following time: 9:35

She will always start out phase 2 (85%) with a fireball that cannot be mitigated. Every fireball after may be mitigated by abilities (including manaward!).

Notice how their BLM has 4.42k HP? :P



Allagan gloves definitely are better as long as you're at the appropriate ACC. ^^ The poster I had quoted had the wrong stats for the Allagan gloves, though, so I linked to the appropriate database entry.

I definitely wouldn't recommend the AF2 legs. :P
#29 Nov 04 2013 at 4:55 PM Rating: Excellent
Avatar
***
2,550 posts
HitomeOfBismarck wrote:


I definitely wouldn't recommend the AF2 legs. :P


Thanks for those vids. Definitely enlightening. I see now whats going on with the tornado. So why not the legs? They are defintely better than darklight... You think I should go for the coat first?
____________________________
Character Name: Valk Ayree
Server: Lamia; Free Company Leader - The Swarm (Swarm)
http://na.finalfantasyxiv.com/lodestone/character/1746889/
- Blue Mage? FTW? -
#30 Nov 04 2013 at 8:42 PM Rating: Excellent
Guru
Avatar
*****
11,082 posts
50'd Weaver, Leatherworker, and Alchemy, adding to my previous Goldsmithing and Carpenter. Still trying to get a feel for the abilities for HQing harder stuff, can pretty much do anything non-star now. Materia's still hella expensive for all the crafter AF, though. And presently 80 tomes away from my +1 relic, so I'll have that tackled in a day or two. Otherwise, I've just been making HQ to meld junk materia to and SB/break hoping for some good stuff. Got a T4 Crit one I'm trying to sell now, but have been doing the undercut dance with someone else.
____________________________
Violence good. **** bad. Yay America.
#31 Nov 04 2013 at 11:05 PM Rating: Excellent
Avatar
***
1,556 posts
Valkayree wrote:
HitomeOfBismarck wrote:


I definitely wouldn't recommend the AF2 legs. :P


Thanks for those vids. Definitely enlightening. I see now whats going on with the tornado. So why not the legs? They are defintely better than darklight... You think I should go for the coat first?


Yeah because coat is BiS. Solid investment. Gives great ACC, VIT, and all the other stats we need. If you are hellbent on Vanya, go for it. But I think the hat is a better goal in the long run. Though, Vanya hat will allow you to socket more HP.

So since these two items are BiS, there's no fear that you'll spend the myth, get the drop the next week, and then you would have wasted the myth you spent on the AF2.

The pants are really crappy in terms of stats. We want to have crit. DET is nice but spell speed isn't too great for us. It will be once we can stack a ton of it on but that isn't the case yet.

I went ahead and bought the AF2 boots today because they didn't drop in T2. Still way below the hit cap but not noticing a big loss, actually.

Really, it's the Allagan legs that make or break us. Great VIT, tons of accuracy, and crit.

Buying the boots put me above 4k HP with food. I'm sitting in T5 and not even sweating the fireballs or aetheric profusion now. Manaward also negates fireball so...you have very high EHP for this encounter if you time your cooldowns correctly!

Edited, Nov 5th 2013 12:06am by HitomeOfBismarck
#32 Nov 05 2013 at 9:24 AM Rating: Excellent
Avatar
***
2,550 posts
HitomeOfBismarck wrote:

Yeah because coat is BiS. Solid investment. Gives great ACC, VIT, and all the other stats we need. If you are hellbent on Vanya, go for it. But I think the hat is a better goal in the long run. Though, Vanya hat will allow you to socket more HP.


Since we are reliably beating turn 2, i have hope that i will eventually get the legs and boots (they both drop in 2 i think). I have the gloves already but from what i hear they are not BiS. They are still better than darklight.

I'll go for coat, then hat, then boots (assuming they havent dropped by then). Then I'll probably try to shell out the big bucks for a two star earring, bracelet or choker to slot some vit into.

=/

Edited, Nov 5th 2013 9:25am by Valkayree
____________________________
Character Name: Valk Ayree
Server: Lamia; Free Company Leader - The Swarm (Swarm)
http://na.finalfantasyxiv.com/lodestone/character/1746889/
- Blue Mage? FTW? -
#33 Nov 05 2013 at 11:14 AM Rating: Excellent
***
1,270 posts
Not to derail the BC chatter but:

Got Miner/Botanist 44->50, level 45/50 quests complete, and crafted a full suit of level 50 gear for them, then used all my materia left over from leveling to meld to 340gat/361perc/600gp.

monks relic (2nd) (760/900 for +1)

Pld from 40-43.


Gotta say, leveling DoL didn;t take very long. 44-50 was about 5 leves per level, and just used exp scroll the whole time. Same gear from 38 to 50, just upgrading the main/off hands. The jump from 38hq to 50 hq + melds in gear was like 270 gathering to 340.
#34 Nov 05 2013 at 4:14 PM Rating: Excellent
Avatar
****
4,150 posts
SolomonGrundy wrote:
So how was everyone's weekend - all good I hope?!

Sadly, no. I've been sick for the last week, so I haven't felt like playing.

Congrats on getting your stuff done. Enjoy your Magitek mount. Smiley: smile
____________________________
FFXI-Garuda 2003-2009; Lakshmi 2011-8/20/13 (retired)
FFXIV: ARR - Ghost Bear, Balmung server
#35 Nov 05 2013 at 4:26 PM Rating: Excellent
Avatar
*
53 posts
Not much really, done Turn 1-3 BC, and keep getting slap around by Dread in T4 o.x

Also been busy with BF4 Smiley: wink
#36 Nov 05 2013 at 10:01 PM Rating: Excellent
Needs More Smut
******
21,262 posts
It's not the weekend any more but ***** that, I just beat Titan.
____________________________
FFXI: Catwho on Bismarck: Retired December 2014
Thayos wrote:
I can't understand anyone who skips the cutscenes of a Final Fantasy game. That's like going to Texas and not getting barbecue.

FFXIV: Katarh Mest and Taprara Rara on Lamia Server - Member of The Swarm
Curator of the XIV Wallpapers Tumblr and the XIV Fashion Tumblr
#37 Nov 05 2013 at 10:28 PM Rating: Decent
Scholar
***
2,426 posts
congrats, that **** feels soooo good
____________________________
monk
dragoon

#38 Nov 06 2013 at 8:05 AM Rating: Excellent
Needs More Smut
******
21,262 posts
Yeah, I'm really grateful I went in with a FC group. Three friends are way more forgiving on a fight that takes you ten tries than three strangers would be.
____________________________
FFXI: Catwho on Bismarck: Retired December 2014
Thayos wrote:
I can't understand anyone who skips the cutscenes of a Final Fantasy game. That's like going to Texas and not getting barbecue.

FFXIV: Katarh Mest and Taprara Rara on Lamia Server - Member of The Swarm
Curator of the XIV Wallpapers Tumblr and the XIV Fashion Tumblr
Reply To Thread

Colors Smileys Quote OriginalQuote Checked Help

 

Recent Visitors: 70 All times are in CST
Anonymous Guests (70)