Forum Settings
       
1 2 Next »
Reply To Thread

PC Gamer ARR Review up... not so greatFollow

#52 Nov 08 2013 at 4:31 PM Rating: Decent
Scholar
**
970 posts
Whether a keyboard drops the score or not is of no meaning. You do need a qwerty type interface to type alot efficiently. You don't need to do a whole lot of typing in ARR to get the job done though.

If only Sony or someone would make a hybrid controller/keyboard about the size of the WII-U controller, then all this debate would be poopsies.
Smiley: wink
#53 Nov 08 2013 at 7:33 PM Rating: Excellent
Guru
***
1,310 posts
FilthMcNasty wrote:
Yoshi's own personal explanation for their reasoning in using a subscription payment model, increased content, hasn't yet materialized. I think that's a fair beef at least for now.


Actually there was an intrepid reporter who gave the Zam community an in depth commentary on Yoshi's personal explanation for his reasoning in using a subscription payment model about five months ago. Let's see...

Ah here it is. Written by someone named...

FilthMcNasty.

Heh.

http://ffxiv.zam.com/forum.html?forum=152&mid=137187022772773488&h=50
#54 Nov 08 2013 at 8:20 PM Rating: Default
****
4,145 posts
Xoie wrote:
FilthMcNasty wrote:
Yoshi's own personal explanation for their reasoning in using a subscription payment model, increased content, hasn't yet materialized. I think that's a fair beef at least for now.


Actually there was an intrepid reporter who gave the Zam community an in depth commentary on Yoshi's personal explanation for his reasoning in using a subscription payment model about five months ago. Let's see...

Ah here it is. Written by someone named...

FilthMcNasty.

Heh.

http://ffxiv.zam.com/forum.html?forum=152&mid=137187022772773488&h=50


That's exactly what I was speaking about. From the link...

Yoshi wrote:
We believe that the bigger the game, the larger the scale of the MMO, it’s going to be better for the game if it’s on a subscription model.


Their reasoning for going with a subscription based model was that it would allow them to pump out more content than games with other payment models. All I did here was reaffirm that. To be fair, I did also say that they had the extra burden of keeping old players with something to do. Another reason why I was a supporter of a complete job level reset. In hindsight, I don't think that would have helped all that much.

Edited, Nov 8th 2013 9:42pm by FilthMcNasty
____________________________
Rinsui wrote:
Only hips + boobs all day and hips + boobs all over my icecream

HaibaneRenmei wrote:
30 bucks is almost free

cocodojo wrote:
Its personal preference and all, but yes we need to educate WoW players that this is OUR game, these are Characters and not Toons. Time to beat that into them one at a time.
#55 Nov 08 2013 at 8:51 PM Rating: Excellent
Guru
***
1,310 posts
FilthMcNasty wrote:
Xoie wrote:
FilthMcNasty wrote:
Yoshi's own personal explanation for their reasoning in using a subscription payment model, increased content, hasn't yet materialized. I think that's a fair beef at least for now.


Actually there was an intrepid reporter who gave the Zam community an in depth commentary on Yoshi's personal explanation for his reasoning in using a subscription payment model about five months ago. Let's see...

Ah here it is. Written by someone named...

FilthMcNasty.

Heh.

http://ffxiv.zam.com/forum.html?forum=152&mid=137187022772773488&h=50


That's exactly what I was speaking about. From the link speaking on SWtoR...

Yoshi wrote:
If they were able to produce as much content as players wanted, then people would have stayed there. We don’t really believe it’s a problem with the business model.





Oh. I thought you were trying to say he hasn't provided an explanation for subscriptions at all which is nonsense as even you've commented on it. Those commas in your sentence seemed like a list. But I guess what you meant to say is that the content-paid-for-by-subscription-money is what is missing, not the explanation itself.

Sorry for the misunderstanding.

Although, I believe Yoshi has been forthcoming that his plan is to have a major content patch 4 times a year. It's too soon to judge if it's worth the wait and expense.

#56 Nov 08 2013 at 9:13 PM Rating: Decent
Scholar
**
356 posts
Who cares about videogame reviews, most websites are giving games like GTA 5 9.0-10.0s and i think its boring violence **** with crappy controls.
IGN gave the new pokemon a "Perfect" score when its just the same game I played 15 years ago with shinier graphics and new pokemon to catch.
Not to rip on anyone who enjoys these games, by all means do so, but I take videogame, and movie reviews with a grain of salt. Most of my favorite movies didnt score very well either while ones I would never like are praised as "the best thing ever."



Edited, Nov 8th 2013 10:15pm by aadrenry
#57 Nov 08 2013 at 9:15 PM Rating: Decent
****
4,145 posts
Xoie wrote:
Sorry for the misunderstanding.

Although, I believe Yoshi has been forthcoming that his plan is to have a major content patch 4 times a year. It's too soon to judge if it's worth the wait and expense.


No sweat.

I think I'd honestly prefer content to come in smaller, more frequent updates. Even if you're only capable of releasing the same amount of content you would in the long run, it puts content in the player's hands sooner and makes the game feel like it's constantly being updated.
____________________________
Rinsui wrote:
Only hips + boobs all day and hips + boobs all over my icecream

HaibaneRenmei wrote:
30 bucks is almost free

cocodojo wrote:
Its personal preference and all, but yes we need to educate WoW players that this is OUR game, these are Characters and not Toons. Time to beat that into them one at a time.
1 2 Next »
Reply To Thread

Colors Smileys Quote OriginalQuote Checked Help

 

Recent Visitors: 66 All times are in CST
Anonymous Guests (66)