Forum Settings
       
Reply To Thread

Eorzea Examiner #1: Story, Battle, and CraftingFollow

#1 Nov 13 2013 at 9:44 AM Rating: Excellent
Anterograde Amnesia
Avatar
*****
12,363 posts
http://www.zam.com/story.html?story=33380

____________________________
"Choosy MMO's choose Wint." - Louiscool
The greatest trick the devil ever pulled was to convince the world he didn't exist.
Keyser Soze - Ultros
Guide to Setting Up Mumble on a Raspberry Pi
#2 Nov 13 2013 at 9:49 AM Rating: Good
***
2,232 posts
Do you know how often he will be publishing?
____________________________
Character: Urzol Thrush
Server: Ultros
FC: The Kraken Club

Outshined

Teneleven wrote:
We secretly replaced your tank wemelchor with Foldgers Crystal's. Let's see what happens.

#3 Nov 13 2013 at 10:13 AM Rating: Excellent
Anterograde Amnesia
Avatar
*****
12,363 posts
I don't, I'll see if he wants to respond though Smiley: thumbsup

I haven't been on as much, the holidays, my son's birthday, and RL has been a bit crazy lately. Hoping to be around a bit more as soon as a couple of RL projects are finished.
____________________________
"Choosy MMO's choose Wint." - Louiscool
The greatest trick the devil ever pulled was to convince the world he didn't exist.
Keyser Soze - Ultros
Guide to Setting Up Mumble on a Raspberry Pi
#4 Nov 13 2013 at 11:22 AM Rating: Good
Avatar
***
1,208 posts
I posted a reply to it, but wow how similar that is to my own story!
____________________________
The Kraken Club - (Ultros FC)
Character Name: Meat Mithkabob
#5 Nov 13 2013 at 11:27 AM Rating: Good
***
2,232 posts
Hairspray wrote:
I posted a reply to it, but wow how similar that is to my own story!

Yup, me too. My first 50 was CRP. Looking like my 2nd will be ALC.
____________________________
Character: Urzol Thrush
Server: Ultros
FC: The Kraken Club

Outshined

Teneleven wrote:
We secretly replaced your tank wemelchor with Foldgers Crystal's. Let's see what happens.

#6 Nov 13 2013 at 11:30 AM Rating: Good
Avatar
***
1,208 posts
LebargeX wrote:
Hairspray wrote:
I posted a reply to it, but wow how similar that is to my own story!

Yup, me too. My first 50 was CRP. Looking like my 2nd will be ALC.


I think I'm taking Carpenter to 50 next for BB, I was going to do it before Leatherworker but I just wanted to make all my own crafting and gathering gear HQ... plus Leatherworker is a money-maker! So LTW won out this time, but CRP is next for sure!
____________________________
The Kraken Club - (Ultros FC)
Character Name: Meat Mithkabob
#7 Nov 13 2013 at 11:33 AM Rating: Good
***
2,232 posts
Hairspray wrote:
LebargeX wrote:
Hairspray wrote:
I posted a reply to it, but wow how similar that is to my own story!

Yup, me too. My first 50 was CRP. Looking like my 2nd will be ALC.


I think I'm taking Carpenter to 50 next for BB, I was going to do it before Leatherworker but I just wanted to make all my own crafting and gathering gear HQ... plus Leatherworker is a money-maker! So LTW won out this time, but CRP is next for sure!


Yeah, I have LTW and WVR at 40 or 41. I was going to make a whole set of the level 43-45 gear, but I think I'm just going to push them all to 50 and make the highest non class-specific gear. Then I plan to use that to start making my jewelry and class specific stuff. It just seems like stopping to make the stuff between 40 and 48 is kind of a waste.

ETA: I also am not really interested in wasting time spiritbonding anything below ilvl 45 any more ;)

Edited, Nov 13th 2013 9:36am by LebargeX
____________________________
Character: Urzol Thrush
Server: Ultros
FC: The Kraken Club

Outshined

Teneleven wrote:
We secretly replaced your tank wemelchor with Foldgers Crystal's. Let's see what happens.

#8 Nov 13 2013 at 11:38 AM Rating: Good
Avatar
***
1,208 posts
LebargeX wrote:
Yeah, I have LTW and WVR at 40 or 41. I was going to make a whole set of the level 43-45 gear, but I think I'm just going to push them all to 50 and make the highest non class-specific gear. Then I plan to use that to start making my jewelry and class specific stuff. It just seems like stopping to make the stuff between 40 and 48 is kind of a waste.


You can laugh if you want, but I honestly wore the same gear from 30-50 and just changed out the weapons here and there to get the extra craftsmanship and control needed to grind out the levequests... then when I hit 50, all of that stuff was 100% spiritbonded so I converted the level 30+ stuff into Tier II crafting materia for my class specific armor that I made HQ for myself...

IMHO crafting armor 40+ is a waste, you don't really need it unless you're trying to HQ stuff to sell on the AH. I just grinded leves so I didn't bother.



Edited, Nov 13th 2013 12:38pm by Hairspray
____________________________
The Kraken Club - (Ultros FC)
Character Name: Meat Mithkabob
#9 Nov 13 2013 at 11:46 AM Rating: Good
***
2,232 posts
Hairspray wrote:
LebargeX wrote:
Yeah, I have LTW and WVR at 40 or 41. I was going to make a whole set of the level 43-45 gear, but I think I'm just going to push them all to 50 and make the highest non class-specific gear. Then I plan to use that to start making my jewelry and class specific stuff. It just seems like stopping to make the stuff between 40 and 48 is kind of a waste.


You can laugh if you want, but I honestly wore the same gear from 30-50 and just changed out the weapons here and there to get the extra craftsmanship and control needed to grind out the levequests... then when I hit 50, all of that stuff was 100% spiritbonded so I converted the level 30+ stuff into Tier II crafting materia for my class specific armor that I made HQ for myself...

IMHO crafting armor 40+ is a waste, you don't really need it unless you're trying to HQ stuff to sell on the AH. I just grinded leves so I didn't bother.



Edited, Nov 13th 2013 12:38pm by Hairspray


I do make the new tools for each class as soon as they're ready. It's another reason I've kept everything pretty even.

Yeah, I have the level 40-41 gear right now, with mythril jewelry (need to make a red coral earring!). My biggest reason for wanting the ilvl 45+ stuff is so I can start converting some t3 materia to slot into my craft spec stuff. I'm going to need a lot of it lol.
____________________________
Character: Urzol Thrush
Server: Ultros
FC: The Kraken Club

Outshined

Teneleven wrote:
We secretly replaced your tank wemelchor with Foldgers Crystal's. Let's see what happens.

#10 Nov 13 2013 at 1:02 PM Rating: Good
Avatar
***
1,208 posts
LebargeX wrote:
Hairspray wrote:
LebargeX wrote:
Yeah, I have LTW and WVR at 40 or 41. I was going to make a whole set of the level 43-45 gear, but I think I'm just going to push them all to 50 and make the highest non class-specific gear. Then I plan to use that to start making my jewelry and class specific stuff. It just seems like stopping to make the stuff between 40 and 48 is kind of a waste.


You can laugh if you want, but I honestly wore the same gear from 30-50 and just changed out the weapons here and there to get the extra craftsmanship and control needed to grind out the levequests... then when I hit 50, all of that stuff was 100% spiritbonded so I converted the level 30+ stuff into Tier II crafting materia for my class specific armor that I made HQ for myself...

IMHO crafting armor 40+ is a waste, you don't really need it unless you're trying to HQ stuff to sell on the AH. I just grinded leves so I didn't bother.



Edited, Nov 13th 2013 12:38pm by Hairspray


I do make the new tools for each class as soon as they're ready. It's another reason I've kept everything pretty even.

Yeah, I have the level 40-41 gear right now, with mythril jewelry (need to make a red coral earring!). My biggest reason for wanting the ilvl 45+ stuff is so I can start converting some t3 materia to slot into my craft spec stuff. I'm going to need a lot of it lol.


That's not a bad point, but I didn't think I would be using the 40-50 level gear long enough to get it spiritbonded though... I put on my Class-Specific gear ASAP so I can start crafting the 1 and 2 star items.

I'm thinking about getting a set of Patrician's Gear for crafting now that I've been reading a thread on Reddit about it
____________________________
The Kraken Club - (Ultros FC)
Character Name: Meat Mithkabob
#11 Nov 13 2013 at 6:57 PM Rating: Good
***
2,232 posts
I could definitely see myself using this Patrician stuff as my melding stock. Just fill it up with T1 material and craft a bunch of whatever. Bond it. Convert it. Make it again. Then use the material I get to either fill in my actual AF or make some mad lewtz. I haven't seen this stuff in my log since my WVR isn't quite that high yet.

Thanks for bringing it up. :)
____________________________
Character: Urzol Thrush
Server: Ultros
FC: The Kraken Club

Outshined

Teneleven wrote:
We secretly replaced your tank wemelchor with Foldgers Crystal's. Let's see what happens.

#12 Nov 14 2013 at 11:56 AM Rating: Good
Avatar
***
1,208 posts
LebargeX wrote:
I could definitely see myself using this Patrician stuff as my melding stock. Just fill it up with T1 material and craft a bunch of whatever. Bond it. Convert it. Make it again. Then use the material I get to either fill in my actual AF or make some mad lewtz. I haven't seen this stuff in my log since my WVR isn't quite that high yet.

Thanks for bringing it up. :)


Yeah same here, but Crystal is level 50 WVR so I might have her make it for me...or just buy it and have her meld it with cheap materia... either way, sounds like an awesome way to make crafting materia.
____________________________
The Kraken Club - (Ultros FC)
Character Name: Meat Mithkabob
#13 Nov 14 2013 at 11:58 AM Rating: Excellent
***
2,232 posts
Hairspray wrote:
LebargeX wrote:
I could definitely see myself using this Patrician stuff as my melding stock. Just fill it up with T1 material and craft a bunch of whatever. Bond it. Convert it. Make it again. Then use the material I get to either fill in my actual AF or make some mad lewtz. I haven't seen this stuff in my log since my WVR isn't quite that high yet.

Thanks for bringing it up. :)


Yeah same here, but Crystal is level 50 WVR so I might have her make it for me...or just buy it and have her meld it with cheap materia... either way, sounds like an awesome way to make crafting materia.

Yeah, and after learning today that you can bond crafting gear by wearing it while blowing up naughties I'm pretty sure this is exactly what I'll do.
____________________________
Character: Urzol Thrush
Server: Ultros
FC: The Kraken Club

Outshined

Teneleven wrote:
We secretly replaced your tank wemelchor with Foldgers Crystal's. Let's see what happens.

Reply To Thread

Colors Smileys Quote OriginalQuote Checked Help

 

Recent Visitors: 107 All times are in CDT
Callinon, DuoMaxwellxx, lolgaxe, Vaaniks, Anonymous Guests (103)