By experience Im referring to the community. My friend is on the verge of quitting because hes tired of the fact that everytime he runs a dungeon he has to deal with at least one person whos "gods gift to ffxiv" spending the entire dungeon either complaining about his performance (hes a tank) or complaining about the performance of the pt in general (i.e "this dps is too week for demon wall" or "my shoulders hurt from carrying you guys through xxxx fight". TO which I tell h im "yeah thats why we have a blacklist feature" but his excuse then is "I play this to relax after a long day at work. I shouldnt have to deal with frustration or have my stress ever increased by dealing with people who wanna be ***s everday, I also shouldnt have to blist people EVERY time I log on, surely the list would get full well before I get em all"
So then I point out the fact that everytime we played any other online multiplayer game we had to deal with people like that. Citing the multiplayer modes of Uncharted 2 and 3 for example. To which he says in those games its the "OTHER team talking crap, thats normal, No one on our team is doing it amongst eachother. FFXIV is a co op based game thus non of the crap talking should be happening as everyone is on the same team and supposed to be working together/helping eachother out" He just wants to play with people who dont mind taking 30-45 mins clearing a dungeon that the last group they were in did in 15-20 mins and only cares about at the end of the day the goal/objective was met (i.e the dungeon was cleared) and no ones time was wasted (i.e the dungeon WASNT cleared and you just spent 120 mins for the time to run out and accomplished nothing) even if it wasnt done in the most fastest/efficient way youve seen. Which makes SOME sense to me I mean if I wanted a 20 minute wrecking crew where everyone was geared like bosses and played like experts. I wouldnt have the common sense to NOT queue up for DF and just play soley with people in my FC or ppl I know in game personally who are geared well enough and have the skill to do just that. But I guess people with Royal attitudes lack Royal intellect. lol
long story short he wants to play with people to have fun not people who take the game to seriously (i myself couldnt care less as this isnt my first mmo i know dealing with idiots is normal and can easily ignore them.. especially through texts.. its not like i have to physically listen to them screaming in my ear on a mic lol). I can only think of three solutions to the problem but they all come with forseeable problems:
1) Make friends.
Well the random and solo nature of this game makes making friends kind ahard. I mean DF matches you with random peole who may or may not be on your server than youll most likely only see that one time. Then there's FATEs which I wouldnt exactly call a player bonding experience lol. SO what is one to do to make friends? RUn up and down uldah shouting "anyone wanna be my friend?" lol
2) Join a FC
Most the FCs I see advertised are way past relic procurement and DL and are mainly on Coil, thus even if you joined said FC while you may get help 20% of the time the remaining 80% may require you to get it done in DF or make your own party with randoms if you wanna get the stuff done when YOU want it done or get it done as fast as youd like as opposed to waiting til your FC is available/willing to help you.
3) Make an FC
Would you get enough members who are in that stage of the game (i.e just finished stoy and no w starting endgame) who arent already IN a FC? Id dont think Ive seen a level 50 yet who isnt in a FC so recruiting would be hard would it not?
tl;dr How would you suggest one should go about making th player interaction/community aspect pf the game more enjoyable?