Forum Settings
       
Reply To Thread

Some Cool Patch 2.1 / 2.2 Info from Live Letter TranslationFollow

#1 Dec 04 2013 at 4:58 PM Rating: Excellent
Avatar
***
2,550 posts
Pulled this off of Reddit. Apparantly the guy Reinheart who does the Live Letter translations has this information for us:

http://forum.square-enix.com/ffxiv/threads/124675-Reinheart-Translations!-2.1-and-2.2

- Primal Extreme mode loot and Crystal Tower loot will have a 1 week lockout. You have to beat all three EM Primals to loot one item.
- Dungeon EXP increased by 150% from base EXP. On top of that you can put random roulette bonus + rest bonus. About 3x more than now.
- Treasure Hunt - When you try to open chest there is a trap spawning mobs. Can be soloed, however Grade 5 should have PT to win fight.
- Treasure Hunt - Gatherer finds map, but only battle class can open since it spawns mobs.
- Beastmen daily quest - In patch 2.1 will have quest for 2 beastmen tribes, in future will have episodes for all tribes.
- YoshiP mentions they are going to have FFXIV up on Steam
- Patch 2.2 will have about 1.5 times more than 2.1's amount of story
- YoshiP explains in future HM and EM primal battles coming and gives example for 2.2 will have HM/EM Leviathan.
- PvP will have rank - At 2.1 you can rank up to 30.
- YoshiP mentions every patch will have 2 HM dungeons and 1 completely new dungeon. Post expansion will have harder dungeon than BC.
- YoshiP mentions the cost for housing is still not decided, they are still looking at the economy to decide carefully.
- Once you place a furniture in your house, you can't sell them on market. (im hoping a preview system will be in place too)
- Primal EM - Aside from ilvl90 weapon reward, Primals drop chest which has high level accessories. (!!)
- Moggle Mog battle difficulty is in between Garuda HM and Titan HM. If you can beat Garuda but can't beat Titan, this is for you.
- New dungeon Sirius will be the current hardest 4 player dungeon.
____________________________
Character Name: Valk Ayree
Server: Lamia; Free Company Leader - The Swarm (Swarm)
http://na.finalfantasyxiv.com/lodestone/character/1746889/
- Blue Mage? FTW? -
#2 Dec 04 2013 at 5:24 PM Rating: Excellent
***
3,178 posts
Sweet. Thanks for the info Valk!

More dungeon EXP, woohoo!

I'd better go finish up Botany to get those Grade 5 Treasure Maps. Brilliant!

Need more details on how the 1 week Loot Lockout works.
#3 Dec 04 2013 at 5:28 PM Rating: Excellent
Yay for more 1 week lockouts...
____________________________
Our team is like a flock of woodpeckers in a petrified forest. We just need to keep working and keep an eye open for opportunity.

FFXI
Toofar - Asura (Formerly of Lakshmi (Garuda)) - WHM BLM SMN
Rafoot - Asura (Formerly of Lakshmi (Garuda)) - THF SAM BRD
#4 Dec 04 2013 at 5:32 PM Rating: Good
***
1,102 posts
I really hope they start keeping grieving in mind when they develope things instead of worrying about it after the fact.

I read somewhere that once you win Ioot in crystal tower you're locked from winning anything else.
Wins loot on first boss - leaves and doesn't queue again until next week, leaving the 23 other members to deal with it.

Note, though, I am very excited for the update! :)

Edited, Dec 4th 2013 5:36pm by Ryklin
____________________________
------------------
#5 Dec 05 2013 at 12:00 AM Rating: Good
Scholar
Avatar
**
322 posts
Well looks like tower is gonna suck, due to lockouts. Really hate to say it but its going to cause problems, unless loot only drops from final boss or people will be droping like flies when they get their loot. Treasure hunt sounds ok, and beastmen dailies too. EM primals have to beat all 3 to loot 1 piece of gear? Another bad idea imho. These lockouts are going to kill the game for me unless the new hm dungeon is fun, and ppl actually run it, and treasure hunt/beastmen dailies are worth it and fun. I have a few jobs to gear up, and seeing all this makes me kinda sad.
____________________________
Arucard (Retiered)
75 black mage 75 samurai 75 warrior 75 monk
75 Bard 69 Thief 75 White Mage
Formaly of Unicorn
-----------
FFXIV: Ashara Strangelove
Ultros Server
Whm 50, Blm 50, Smn/Sch 50, Drg 50, Pld 50, Brd 50
50 War, Bot 50, Mnr 50, Fsh 50

FC: Syn
#6 Dec 05 2013 at 10:08 AM Rating: Excellent
Scholar
***
3,599 posts
huhwhat wrote:
Well looks like tower is gonna suck, due to lockouts. Really hate to say it but its going to cause problems, unless loot only drops from final boss or people will be droping like flies when they get their loot. Treasure hunt sounds ok, and beastmen dailies too. EM primals have to beat all 3 to loot 1 piece of gear? Another bad idea imho. These lockouts are going to kill the game for me unless the new hm dungeon is fun, and ppl actually run it, and treasure hunt/beastmen dailies are worth it and fun. I have a few jobs to gear up, and seeing all this makes me kinda sad.


Not if they had a good rate of Tomes, as I'm eager for ANY OTHER WAY to get TOM's.
____________________________


#7 Dec 10 2013 at 3:20 PM Rating: Good
***
3,178 posts
I thought I heard the Duty Roulette is 200 Philo Bonus each day.
#8 Dec 10 2013 at 4:15 PM Rating: Good
Needs More Smut
******
21,262 posts
Cool, looks like they decided they afford afford to lose their pound of flesh to Steam for posting it up there. (Steam gets a 30% cut or something.)

Kind of figured they were okay with losing money on the client now since they've been giving XIV away with new Intel CPUs for the last few weeks and they've got over a million and a half copies sold, not counting all the extras they'll sell with PS4 release later on...
____________________________
FFXI: Catwho on Bismarck: Retired December 2014
Thayos wrote:
I can't understand anyone who skips the cutscenes of a Final Fantasy game. That's like going to Texas and not getting barbecue.

FFXIV: Katarh Mest and Taprara Rara on Lamia Server - Member of The Swarm
Curator of the XIV Wallpapers Tumblr and the XIV Fashion Tumblr
#9 Dec 10 2013 at 5:23 PM Rating: Default
****
4,957 posts
so if i read tat right you only get drops in crystal tower once a week?

Also you have to do ALL thee EM primals before you get a drop? meaning doing just one gets you nothing? and you only get drops once a week so fighting each one more than once a week is pointless?


As for dungeon EXP being 150% that means that plus rested exp bonus, roulette exp bonus...


then add another 100% from armory bonus and fc rank 5 bonus meaning you can get 350%= more exp? in that case yo should hit cap in hours lol whod do FATEs again?
#10 Dec 12 2013 at 7:02 AM Rating: Good
**
589 posts
DuoMaxwellxx wrote:
so if i read tat right you only get drops in crystal tower once a week?

Also you have to do ALL thee EM primals before you get a drop? meaning doing just one gets you nothing? and you only get drops once a week so fighting each one more than once a week is pointless?


As for dungeon EXP being 150% that means that plus rested exp bonus, roulette exp bonus...


then add another 100% from armory bonus and fc rank 5 bonus meaning you can get 350%= more exp? in that case yo should hit cap in hours lol whod do FATEs again?


Current thinking is once you get something through a need roll you are locked out for one week, but you can still greed. We'll find out for sure next week!

I hope you can do the daily beast quests for each tribe (i.e. with 2.1 you can do 2 every 24 hours), will be a nice distraction and way of getting Tomes other than hammering away at AK and WP.
____________________________
Solomon Grundy | Born on a Monday | Excalibur Server | Abyss: Welcome to a Higher Quality of Nerding™
#11 Dec 12 2013 at 9:23 AM Rating: Good
Avatar
***
2,550 posts
DuoMaxwellxx wrote:

Also you have to do ALL thee EM primals before you get a drop? meaning doing just one gets you nothing? and you only get drops once a week so fighting each one more than once a week is pointless?


Well, each will drop a high level accessory upon completion (not sure what level of item). Then, upon completion of all three you will be able to select the level 90 weapon of your choice (no random lots). They are supposed to be comparable to relic+1 weapons.
____________________________
Character Name: Valk Ayree
Server: Lamia; Free Company Leader - The Swarm (Swarm)
http://na.finalfantasyxiv.com/lodestone/character/1746889/
- Blue Mage? FTW? -
#12 Dec 12 2013 at 12:23 PM Rating: Default
****
4,957 posts
Valkayree wrote:
DuoMaxwellxx wrote:

Also you have to do ALL thee EM primals before you get a drop? meaning doing just one gets you nothing? and you only get drops once a week so fighting each one more than once a week is pointless?


Well, each will drop a high level accessory upon completion (not sure what level of item). Then, upon completion of all three you will be able to select the level 90 weapon of your choice (no random lots). They are supposed to be comparable to relic+1 weapons.




ok i fyou get to select your wespon then ding it once a week now makes a lot more sense... i hav ethey bring up relic +2 though thus making EM primal weapons pointess lol.


I mean who wants to go through all the trouble doing the relic quest then taking minimm 3 weeks to farm the myth tomes to upgrade it... that at least 2 months of work (if you could lvling the job to 50 in the first place) otherwise 4 weeks. when you can just take an hou or 2 killing 3 primals that are gnna give you a better or equal weapon?
#13 Dec 12 2013 at 12:25 PM Rating: Excellent
***
2,232 posts
DuoMaxwellxx wrote:
Valkayree wrote:
DuoMaxwellxx wrote:

Also you have to do ALL thee EM primals before you get a drop? meaning doing just one gets you nothing? and you only get drops once a week so fighting each one more than once a week is pointless?


Well, each will drop a high level accessory upon completion (not sure what level of item). Then, upon completion of all three you will be able to select the level 90 weapon of your choice (no random lots). They are supposed to be comparable to relic+1 weapons.




ok i fyou get to select your wespon then ding it once a week now makes a lot more sense... i hav ethey bring up relic +2 though thus making EM primal weapons pointess lol.


I mean who wants to go through all the trouble doing the relic quest then taking minimm 3 weeks to farm the myth tomes to upgrade it... that at least 2 months of work (if you could lvling the job to 50 in the first place) otherwise 4 weeks. when you can just take an hou or 2 killing 3 primals that are gnna give you a better or equal weapon?


Something tells me it's gonna take a bit more than an hour or two to off them ;)
____________________________
Character: Urzol Thrush
Server: Ultros
FC: The Kraken Club

Outshined

Teneleven wrote:
We secretly replaced your tank wemelchor with Foldgers Crystal's. Let's see what happens.

#14 Dec 12 2013 at 1:00 PM Rating: Default
****
4,957 posts
LebargeX wrote:
DuoMaxwellxx wrote:
Valkayree wrote:
DuoMaxwellxx wrote:

Also you have to do ALL thee EM primals before you get a drop? meaning doing just one gets you nothing? and you only get drops once a week so fighting each one more than once a week is pointless?


Well, each will drop a high level accessory upon completion (not sure what level of item). Then, upon completion of all three you will be able to select the level 90 weapon of your choice (no random lots). They are supposed to be comparable to relic+1 weapons.




ok i fyou get to select your wespon then ding it once a week now makes a lot more sense... i hav ethey bring up relic +2 though thus making EM primal weapons pointess lol.


I mean who wants to go through all the trouble doing the relic quest then taking minimm 3 weeks to farm the myth tomes to upgrade it... that at least 2 months of work (if you could lvling the job to 50 in the first place) otherwise 4 weeks. when you can just take an hou or 2 killing 3 primals that are gnna give you a better or equal weapon?


Something tells me it's gonna take a bit more than an hour or two to off them ;)



sure until ppl learn what theyre doing ten itll be easy.. i.e im sure the fight itself isnt designed to take an hour each even if ppl doign it are experienced.... sure itll take a while the FIRST time but after ppl beat them and have strategies up for everyone else to follow..... 5-10 min each fights...
#15 Dec 12 2013 at 1:44 PM Rating: Excellent
Scholar
***
3,599 posts
DuoMaxwellxx wrote:
Valkayree wrote:
DuoMaxwellxx wrote:

Also you have to do ALL thee EM primals before you get a drop? meaning doing just one gets you nothing? and you only get drops once a week so fighting each one more than once a week is pointless?


Well, each will drop a high level accessory upon completion (not sure what level of item). Then, upon completion of all three you will be able to select the level 90 weapon of your choice (no random lots). They are supposed to be comparable to relic+1 weapons.




ok i fyou get to select your wespon then ding it once a week now makes a lot more sense... i hav ethey bring up relic +2 though thus making EM primal weapons pointess lol.


I mean who wants to go through all the trouble doing the relic quest then taking minimm 3 weeks to farm the myth tomes to upgrade it... that at least 2 months of work (if you could lvling the job to 50 in the first place) otherwise 4 weeks. when you can just take an hou or 2 killing 3 primals that are gnna give you a better or equal weapon?


lol whut? I can finish a relic in a day. What game are you playing? And with the increase in TOM cap, its 2 weeks to +1 relic. They are giving alternate progression and sidegrades. This is a GOOD thing. Weren't you complaining a while ago about tier progression, and how it makes for a stale game when items are clearly better?

This is going to be really cool, imo. They mentioned giving options, so possibly the Garuda ilvl90 weapon has crit, while Ifrit's is +dmg and Titan's is +someotherstat. This is how they used to be in 1.0, and you could choose a weapon based on your build and stat allocation and materia melds.

But hey, you just want something to wine about so carry on!
____________________________


#16 Dec 12 2013 at 2:13 PM Rating: Decent
****
4,957 posts
i never complained about progression lol if i wanted to complain about progression id be discussing Defiance...


and yeah you can complete relic quest in a day but rlic isnt il90 +1 is il90 which takes 3 weeks minimum to get 2 weeks once the cap increases.... will it take 2 weeks to take down all extreme mode primals? NO yet doing that give me a better or equal weapon to what I took 3 weeks to get? THATs what Im complaining about.. id say get rid of the myth tome caps period lol ppl complained about waiting ti;l jp midnight for stuff in ffxi of the 3 day dynamis wait but accept the myth tome cap weekly? at least raise the cap to 900 a week lol that way you can achieve one piece of armor (or +1) a week.... Id be ok with that since even with no cap Im sure noones getting more than 1 piece a week at 900 tomes when dungeons only give 40 tomes and take about 40 mins to complete lol


Which i really dont care about the cap but dont complain about one type of lockout (jp midnight in ffxi or 3 day dynamis wait) but happily accept another (300 tomes a week) lol


but anyway if relic DOES get upgraded in 2.1 (after all hey claimed relic will ALWYA Sbe the best weapon in game) then my whole complaint is pointless/invalid anyway/.. guess we'll find out on tuesday
#17 Dec 12 2013 at 2:30 PM Rating: Excellent
Scholar
***
3,599 posts
Duo, you don't understand their very clearly mapped out design principle, do you?

They explained it very well:



when considering the lifestyle of users in today's market, the freedom to play at a more leisurely pace is essential. With no option but to continue running through instances, with no guarantee that the desired can be obtained, users are more likely to become stressed and stop playing all together.

These concerns led to the birth of the token system, which we have adopted for FFXIV: ARR. The merit of this system is that, although there is a limit on tomestone acquisition, users are guaranteed to obtain desired items after obtaining a set number of tokens.

Because every duty in ARR offers a set number of tomestones, players can easily determine how many instances they need to clear and how much time it will take. They can then play at their own pace to acquire the gear they desire. Furthermore, the more difficult encounters also incorporate a more traditional system of drop rewards. This offers players two options:

Play through the Binding Coil of Bahamut and obtain gear from drops.

Collect Allagan tomestones of mythology to exchange for gear.

Although these methods are different, each allows for the acquisition of level 90 gear.



This is just more alternate progression. The casual players will take the measured progress in the token system for +1 relics while the hardcore players can get these faster, but in a riskier fashion that hinges on success.

So you say "well of course i will kill the primals!" Well... are you sure you can? Or you could wait 2 weeks and cap toms and get a guaranteed weapon. Titan HM is still giving people trouble, and you think Titan EM will be trouncable?

No, it's called options buddy.


ADD:

Are you even playing this game or do you just read about it and complain?

Quote:
when dungeons only give 40 tomes and take about 40 mins to complete lol


30 TOMs in 12 minutes, where have you been? Wanderer's Palace. Check it out when you hit level cap.

Edited, Dec 12th 2013 3:33pm by Louiscool
____________________________


#18 Dec 12 2013 at 4:33 PM Rating: Decent
****
4,957 posts
Louiscool wrote:
Duo, you don't understand their very clearly mapped out design principle, do you?

They explained it very well:



when considering the lifestyle of users in today's market, the freedom to play at a more leisurely pace is essential. With no option but to continue running through instances, with no guarantee that the desired can be obtained, users are more likely to become stressed and stop playing all together.

These concerns led to the birth of the token system, which we have adopted for FFXIV: ARR. The merit of this system is that, although there is a limit on tomestone acquisition, users are guaranteed to obtain desired items after obtaining a set number of tokens.

Because every duty in ARR offers a set number of tomestones, players can easily determine how many instances they need to clear and how much time it will take. They can then play at their own pace to acquire the gear they desire. Furthermore, the more difficult encounters also incorporate a more traditional system of drop rewards. This offers players two options:

Play through the Binding Coil of Bahamut and obtain gear from drops.

Collect Allagan tomestones of mythology to exchange for gear.

Although these methods are different, each allows for the acquisition of level 90 gear.



This is just more alternate progression. The casual players will take the measured progress in the token system for +1 relics while the hardcore players can get these faster, but in a riskier fashion that hinges on success.

So you say "well of course i will kill the primals!" Well... are you sure you can? Or you could wait 2 weeks and cap toms and get a guaranteed weapon. Titan HM is still giving people trouble, and you think Titan EM will be trouncable?

No, it's called options buddy.


ADD:

Are you even playing this game or do you just read about it and complain?

Quote:
when dungeons only give 40 tomes and take about 40 mins to complete lol


30 TOMs in 12 minutes, where have you been? Wanderer's Palace. Check it out when you hit level cap.

Edited, Dec 12th 2013 3:33pm by Louiscool



yeah but ak takes 45 and gives 40 tomes.. sure you can get 30 in 12 mins in WP but good luck with that if youre not a tank, whm blm or brd.... what about as mnks? or can we get a 12min WP run too? and even with the jobs i mentioned tats still AFTER they have full dl and relic or +1 which is still weeks or work AFTER you hit 50

Edited, Dec 12th 2013 4:36pm by DuoMaxwellxx
#19 Dec 13 2013 at 9:14 AM Rating: Good
Avatar
***
2,550 posts
DuoMaxwellxx wrote:


yeah but ak takes 45 and gives 40 tomes.. sure you can get 30 in 12 mins in WP but good luck with that if youre not a tank, whm blm or brd.... what about as mnks? or can we get a 12min WP run too? and even with the jobs i mentioned tats still AFTER they have full dl and relic or +1 which is still weeks or work AFTER you hit 50

Edited, Dec 12th 2013 4:36pm by DuoMaxwellxx


You have a point. Being a blm, WP is the one area I am spoiled. And without blm+blm, blm+brd, or brd+brd (or summoner thrown in somewhere), WP is a bit slower but still doable.

For me, up until this point it has been this:
300 cap per week
50 for Turn 1
50 for Turn 2
50 for Turn 4
150 for 5 WP runs

BC will give you 50 myth for each of the boss turns (turn 3 does not give tomes)
____________________________
Character Name: Valk Ayree
Server: Lamia; Free Company Leader - The Swarm (Swarm)
http://na.finalfantasyxiv.com/lodestone/character/1746889/
- Blue Mage? FTW? -
Reply To Thread

Colors Smileys Quote OriginalQuote Checked Help

 

Recent Visitors: 59 All times are in CST
Anonymous Guests (59)