Forum Settings
       
1 2 Next »
Reply To Thread

Housing PricesFollow

#52 Dec 16 2013 at 1:01 PM Rating: Excellent
****
6,898 posts
That's actually a really cool idea. I'd be down for a mortgage-style payment plan. Then again... do I really want to have 2 mortgages in real life AND an in-game mortgage to worry about? Smiley: lol
____________________________
Bartel Hayward--- Ultros Server
The Kraken Club <ZAM>
50 WAR • 50 MNK • 50 MIN • 50 GSM • 50 ARM • 50 LTW • 50 CUL • 50 WVR
thekrakenclub.shivtr.com
#53 Dec 16 2013 at 1:02 PM Rating: Excellent
Catwho wrote:
SkinwalkerAsura wrote:
Quote:
They could have used FC points, or offered some type of challenge that players could compete for through PvE or even the new PvP system.


This would have been the best way. Land gets deeded to to your FC by you allied GC in a feudal type arrangement. The plot of land gets bigger as your FC ranks up. ****, they could have even added a tithe system if they wanted it to be a gil sink.


Let players take out a mortgage.

Siphon off 10% of everyone's gil every week as long as they're in the FC, until the "cost" of housing is paid off. That way players can get to enjoy the housing from Day 1, but still have to pay for it over time.

Or make it so that the small house is a 5% weekly fee, medium houses are 10%, etc etc, and the biggest primest choice housing will knock each FC player 25% of their income (considered the most anyone should have to pay by world humanitarian standards) - again, til the house is paid off.

Make it so no one person pays more than their percentage of the house they "own" - a FC with 10 people will never make someone pay more than 10% total of the housing cost.

This way, even a small fry in a big FC can contribute toward the cost of the house, but it'll just take them longer. Rich FC members will initially pay more up front, but their percent of the total cost will be paid off a lot quicker so after, say, a month, they've kicked in their million gil and they're done. If someone joins the FC, they start contributing since they now have access to the house (unless the house is paid off.) If someone quits the FC, they are no longer dinged for their cost of the house, but they don't get anything back either.

Edited, Dec 16th 2013 1:55pm by Catwho


Or this. Either way small FCs get to participate instead of being the only kid not picked for dodge ball.
#55 Dec 16 2013 at 1:43 PM Rating: Good
Scholar
***
1,658 posts
Warby wrote:
Ill admit i was taking a guess at like 20M at most for a large land. 250M on my server is just way too much. The whole point of housing is for your FC community to hang out, now your just going to get FC's inviting everyone and their dog to the FC in order to get more hand on the deck, losing that sense of community along with it.

Either way, yes im unhappy at this but lets be honest, there is alot of content coming to take our minds off it ^^


Exactly and the thing is you get nothing for that money but a place to hang out in... there is no extra storage absolutely nothing for that money... You dont even get your own room... This has turned into he dumbest thing ever. SE you need to rethink this whole thing. How are you supposed to earn that amount of money in a game where the best gear is farmed.




Edited, Dec 16th 2013 2:45pm by Nashred
____________________________
FFXI: Nashred
Server: Phoenix

FFXIV : Sir Nashred
server: Ultros
#56 Dec 16 2013 at 1:52 PM Rating: Excellent
HonkeyKong29 wrote:
SkinwalkerAsura wrote:
Catwho wrote:
SkinwalkerAsura wrote:
Quote:
They could have used FC points, or offered some type of challenge that players could compete for through PvE or even the new PvP system.


This would have been the best way. Land gets deeded to to your FC by you allied GC in a feudal type arrangement. The plot of land gets bigger as your FC ranks up. ****, they could have even added a tithe system if they wanted it to be a gil sink.


Let players take out a mortgage.

Siphon off 10% of everyone's gil every week as long as they're in the FC, until the "cost" of housing is paid off. That way players can get to enjoy the housing from Day 1, but still have to pay for it over time.

Or make it so that the small house is a 5% weekly fee, medium houses are 10%, etc etc, and the biggest primest choice housing will knock each FC player 25% of their income (considered the most anyone should have to pay by world humanitarian standards) - again, til the house is paid off.

Make it so no one person pays more than their percentage of the house they "own" - a FC with 10 people will never make someone pay more than 10% total of the housing cost.

This way, even a small fry in a big FC can contribute toward the cost of the house, but it'll just take them longer. Rich FC members will initially pay more up front, but their percent of the total cost will be paid off a lot quicker so after, say, a month, they've kicked in their million gil and they're done. If someone joins the FC, they start contributing since they now have access to the house (unless the house is paid off.) If someone quits the FC, they are no longer dinged for their cost of the house, but they don't get anything back either.

Edited, Dec 16th 2013 1:55pm by Catwho


Or this. Either way small FCs get to participate instead of being the only kid not picked for dodge ball.



I feel like noone saved their gil. My FC has been saving for housing since 8/26.... there were a ton of warning signs about the large cost. We were thinking 5 mil.... turned out we even lowballed it.... but 8 million isnt awful. That being said.... new ways to make gil need to be introduced.... (i.e. new items to gather/craft, etc.)


My FC did save. We have 7 mil in our FC chest so we are not in a horrible position. Even then, the smallest plot in the worst location will run 10 mil on our server after 90 days. The prices are ridiculous.

Quote:
How are you supposed to earn that amount of money in a game where the best gear is farmed.


Not to mention this. With prices as high as they are people will start hoarding gil tanking the economy.

Edited, Dec 16th 2013 11:54am by SkinwalkerAsura
#57 Dec 16 2013 at 1:54 PM Rating: Decent
Scholar
***
1,658 posts
I bet with all the people angry about this it changes fast. One thing SE does with this game it seems is listen!
____________________________
FFXI: Nashred
Server: Phoenix

FFXIV : Sir Nashred
server: Ultros
#58 Dec 16 2013 at 2:39 PM Rating: Good
Scholar
***
3,599 posts
HonkeyKong29 wrote:

I feel like noone saved their gil. My FC has been saving for housing since 8/26.... there were a ton of warning signs about the large cost. We were thinking 5 mil.... turned out we even lowballed it.... but 8 million isnt awful. That being said.... new ways to make gil need to be introduced.... (i.e. new items to gather/craft, etc.)


How big is your FC? The smallest plot is designed for an FC of 4-5 members and is the size of the Inn room (stated by the man himself, smallest plots are designed for casual FC's with 4-5 members.)

Think about that before your 50 member FC buys it.....


____________________________


1 2 Next »
Reply To Thread

Colors Smileys Quote OriginalQuote Checked Help

 

Recent Visitors: 62 All times are in CST
BrokenFox, Callinon, Lyrailis, Anonymous Guests (59)