Forum Settings
       
« Previous 1 2
Reply To Thread

Housing Prices - Opinion PollFollow

#1 Dec 16 2013 at 12:57 PM Rating: Decent
***
3,178 posts
With the Housing prices recently announced, which players do you think the Housing system is actually designed for?
Casual Players:1 (1.0%)
People who play FFXIV to have fun:3 (3.1%)
The wealthiest and/or hardcore players:24 (24.7%)
Gil buyers:7 (7.2%)
Housing was created to help RMT make a big profit:5 (5.2%)
Clearly not me:16 (16.5%)
Housing was created as a trap to catch RMT players:10 (10.3%)
I think the prices are reasonable for this point in the game:10 (10.3%)
I don't care about housing, Patch 2.1 looks great!:8 (8.2%)
This poll is stupid:13 (13.4%)
Total:97


Well there you have it. Write in your own answer if you want. Let's see where the community stands on this.

Edited, Dec 16th 2013 1:57pm by Gnu
#2 Dec 16 2013 at 1:02 PM Rating: Decent
***
1,270 posts
Few things
1) this is fc housing and as such serves no purpose other than being a gil sink
2) I reserve my final judgement until they add player housing and we can see what they expect individual people to pay
3) with the tanking of the current market as there is nothing you can sell to make money reliably, have fun getting your 20k gil a week from grinding!
#3 Dec 16 2013 at 1:05 PM Rating: Good
***
3,178 posts
From what I understand, furniture gives you in-game buffs.

Therefore, a bigger house means more potential for buffs. A smaller house will forever limit how many consecutive buffs you can have. Maybe someone know of the references to furniture and the buffs they will give?

If the buffs are significant to battle, then the Housing is not just a vanity item.
#4 Dec 16 2013 at 1:10 PM Rating: Good
**
576 posts
dustinfoley wrote:
1) this is fc housing and as such serves no purpose other than being a gil sink


Clearly you don't enjoy just hanging out with your FC.

I was looking forward to us having our own place to hang out, chat emote, craft....
____________________________
FFXI, Siren: Pickins BST99.:~:.BLM75.:~:.RDM56
FFXIV, Siren: Miss Pickins - Builder of the Realm
#5 Dec 16 2013 at 1:11 PM Rating: Excellent
Needs More Smut
******
21,262 posts
If they follow the patterns from XI's housing, it could be stuff like this:
- Specific crafting boosts
- Reduction of death penalties (since no exp is lost, perhaps reduced wear and tear on gear)
- Elemental attack boosts / increased stats

That sort of thing. And probably a whole host of other things.
____________________________
FFXI: Catwho on Bismarck: Retired December 2014
Thayos wrote:
I can't understand anyone who skips the cutscenes of a Final Fantasy game. That's like going to Texas and not getting barbecue.

FFXIV: Katarh Mest and Taprara Rara on Lamia Server - Member of The Swarm
Curator of the XIV Wallpapers Tumblr and the XIV Fashion Tumblr
#6 Dec 16 2013 at 1:16 PM Rating: Excellent
I think this was a rare misstep by Yoshi-P and the development team. The only logical reason I can think of for prices being this high is they literally don't want people buying houses now because of infrastructure issues.

These prices only make housing viable for the most hardcore of players... yet FC housing is probably most appealing to the small, casual FCs that can't remotely afford these prices.
____________________________
Thayos Redblade
Jormungandr
Hyperion
#7 Dec 16 2013 at 1:25 PM Rating: Good
Avatar
***
1,080 posts
If I put down that much gil on housing, it'll be personal housing. Who knows what the status of your FC will be 6 mos to a year from now?
____________________________
A reader lives a thousand lives, the man who never reads lives only one. - George R.R. Martin
#8 Dec 16 2013 at 1:32 PM Rating: Excellent
***
3,178 posts
@CatWho
The increase stats possibility is the one that will really make this divisive. Although, the argument could be made that if you spend 60 mil gil the least you could get out it is +1 VIT.

@Thayos
You basically summed it up. I generally would say that casual players are patient, and understanding about their own limitations. It's just too bad that the feature has been loudly advertised as a casual player past-time.

Content for casual players that only hardcore players can access! Frustration ensues.
#9 Dec 16 2013 at 1:33 PM Rating: Decent
***
1,004 posts
I have to disagree. 20 million is definitely achievable, and so are a few of the larger plots of land.

I think the prices are like this so not everything would be taken over immediately, and to have something to work towards. You want that luxurious sized piece of land with a mansion on it? your going to have to work for it.

People also need to take into consideration that the prices fluctuate. 50% discount if left alone for 90 days? that doesn't seem unreasonable. I think people are more angry at the fact that the largest sized house is placed outside their reach and isn't affordable to people with an FC of 10 people. That's also because the largest house is designed FOR the groups with a lot of members.

In any case, at least for now, I voted "do not care" since having a house doesn't give any worthwhile benefits for the price tag. I'll still be thinking of it for later, but my FC currently has no plans to blow our money on useless content.

Edited, Dec 16th 2013 3:08pm by Keysofgaruda
#10 Dec 16 2013 at 1:48 PM Rating: Good
****
6,898 posts
Keysofgaruda wrote:
I have to disagree. 20 million is definitely achievable, and so are a few of the larger plots of land.

I think the prices are like this so not everything would be taken over immediately, and to have something to work towards. You want that luxurious sized piece of land with a mansion on it? your going to have to work for it.

People also need to take into consideration that the prices fluctuate. 50% discount if left alone for 90 days? that doesn't seem unreasonable. I think people are more angry at the fact that the largest sized house is placed outside their reach and isn't affordable to people with an FC of 10 people. That's also because the largest house is designed FOR the groups with a lot of members.

In any case, at least for now, I voted "do not care" since having a house doesn't give any benefits whatsoever. I'll still be thinking of it for later, but my FC currently has no plans to blow our money on useless content.


First off, 50% discount off of 300 million still puts houses at 150 million for a large. Even new servers are about 70 million for a large house for the grade five. That's as low as it gets currently. I'm not angry that the largest house is outside our reach. I expected it probably would be right off the bat. I'm angry that our FC of 50ish active members can't even come close to affording the SMALLEST house currently, let alone the largest. And with an FC of 50 active members, what's the point of owning a small house? It will take months and months for us to have enough gil for a large house. By then, who even knows the state of the game. Heck, half the members who contribute to the housing could be gone by then. It was supposed to be a casual, fun source of content for players and it's turned out to be a hardcore grind that most won't ever even sniff at the current prices.

Also, I believe the furniture offers buffs as has been mentioned above, so there are benefits. It also acts as a meeting place, and a fun thing for an FC to do when deciding how to decorate, what style to build in, how to furnish, etc.
____________________________
Bartel Hayward--- Ultros Server
The Kraken Club <ZAM>
50 WAR • 50 MNK • 50 MIN • 50 GSM • 50 ARM • 50 LTW • 50 CUL • 50 WVR
thekrakenclub.shivtr.com
#11 Dec 16 2013 at 1:57 PM Rating: Good
Scholar
***
1,658 posts
Thayos wrote:
I think this was a rare misstep by Yoshi-P and the development team. The only logical reason I can think of for prices being this high is they literally don't want people buying houses now because of infrastructure issues.

These prices only make housing viable for the most hardcore of players... yet FC housing is probably most appealing to the small, casual FCs that can't remotely afford these prices.



If do why bring it out at all now? Make people angry does not help things.
____________________________
FFXI: Nashred
Server: Phoenix

FFXIV : Sir Nashred
server: Ultros
#12 Dec 16 2013 at 1:58 PM Rating: Decent
Scholar
***
1,658 posts
BartelX wrote:
Keysofgaruda wrote:
I have to disagree. 20 million is definitely achievable, and so are a few of the larger plots of land.

I think the prices are like this so not everything would be taken over immediately, and to have something to work towards. You want that luxurious sized piece of land with a mansion on it? your going to have to work for it.

People also need to take into consideration that the prices fluctuate. 50% discount if left alone for 90 days? that doesn't seem unreasonable. I think people are more angry at the fact that the largest sized house is placed outside their reach and isn't affordable to people with an FC of 10 people. That's also because the largest house is designed FOR the groups with a lot of members.

In any case, at least for now, I voted "do not care" since having a house doesn't give any benefits whatsoever. I'll still be thinking of it for later, but my FC currently has no plans to blow our money on useless content.


First off, 50% discount off of 300 million still puts houses at 150 million for a large. Even new servers are about 70 million for a large house for the grade five. That's as low as it gets currently. I'm not angry that the largest house is outside our reach. I expected it probably would be right off the bat. I'm angry that our FC of 50ish active members can't even come close to affording the SMALLEST house currently, let alone the largest. And with an FC of 50 active members, what's the point of owning a small house? It will take months and months for us to have enough gil for a large house. By then, who even knows the state of the game. Heck, half the members who contribute to the housing could be gone by then. It was supposed to be a casual, fun source of content for players and it's turned out to be a hardcore grind that most won't ever even sniff at the current prices.

Also, I believe the furniture offers buffs as has been mentioned above, so there are benefits. It also acts as a meeting place, and a fun thing for an FC to do when deciding how to decorate, what style to build in, how to furnish, etc.


I agree....

Also I thought nothing has been said about furniture yet or even buffs.. That is all future stuff or did I read that wrong?

Edited, Dec 16th 2013 3:00pm by Nashred
____________________________
FFXI: Nashred
Server: Phoenix

FFXIV : Sir Nashred
server: Ultros
#13 Dec 16 2013 at 2:02 PM Rating: Decent
***
1,270 posts
Pickins wrote:
dustinfoley wrote:
1) this is fc housing and as such serves no purpose other than being a gil sink


Clearly you don't enjoy just hanging out with your FC.

I was looking forward to us having our own place to hang out, chat emote, craft....



Your right, i dont enjoy 'hanging' out. If i am on with my FC we are doing something.... I dont log on to a game to 'hang out' this isnt the sims, its not a chat room, its a game.

I have very limited play time (1-2 hrs a day tops) and im not wasting it to log on and shoot the breeze in a 300mil house made for the sole purpose of hanging out.

If they ever add a tangible benefit to housing then I will change my opinion, but even with all crafts at 50 i dont see me selling much furniture if only 1-2 fc per server will be getting a house due to their price lol. Currently there is no benefit/reason for the FC house.

They have stated that in the future they plan to add some stuff, but at the moment THERE IS NOTHING ergo it is a huge gil sink for potential later use that might be 3 months away.
#14 Dec 16 2013 at 2:09 PM Rating: Good
****
6,898 posts
dustinfoley wrote:
Pickins wrote:
dustinfoley wrote:
1) this is fc housing and as such serves no purpose other than being a gil sink


Clearly you don't enjoy just hanging out with your FC.

I was looking forward to us having our own place to hang out, chat emote, craft....



Your right, i dont enjoy 'hanging' out. If i am on with my FC we are doing something.... I dont log on to a game to 'hang out' this isnt the sims, its not a chat room, its a game.

I have very limited play time (1-2 hrs a day tops) and im not wasting it to log on and shoot the breeze in a 300mil house made for the sole purpose of hanging out.

If they ever add a tangible benefit to housing then I will change my opinion, but even with all crafts at 50 i dont see me selling much furniture if only 1-2 fc per server will be getting a house due to their price lol. Currently there is no benefit/reason for the FC house.

They have stated that in the future they plan to add some stuff, but at the moment THERE IS NOTHING ergo it is a huge gil sink for potential later use that might be 3 months away.


Wow... hanging out and chatting with friends is half the reason I play mmos. No I don't login solely to chat, but it's definitely an addition that I really enjoy in game. I agree with you that it's just a gil sink for very little benefit, but I kinda feel bad for you if hanging out and chatting aren't even on your radar. It's the relationships I've made in mmos that keep me coming back, but to each their own.

Edited, Dec 16th 2013 3:10pm by BartelX
____________________________
Bartel Hayward--- Ultros Server
The Kraken Club <ZAM>
50 WAR • 50 MNK • 50 MIN • 50 GSM • 50 ARM • 50 LTW • 50 CUL • 50 WVR
thekrakenclub.shivtr.com
#15 Dec 16 2013 at 2:12 PM Rating: Good
***
1,004 posts
BartelX wrote:
dustinfoley wrote:
Pickins wrote:
dustinfoley wrote:
1) this is fc housing and as such serves no purpose other than being a gil sink


Clearly you don't enjoy just hanging out with your FC.

I was looking forward to us having our own place to hang out, chat emote, craft....



Your right, i dont enjoy 'hanging' out. If i am on with my FC we are doing something.... I dont log on to a game to 'hang out' this isnt the sims, its not a chat room, its a game.

I have very limited play time (1-2 hrs a day tops) and im not wasting it to log on and shoot the breeze in a 300mil house made for the sole purpose of hanging out.

If they ever add a tangible benefit to housing then I will change my opinion, but even with all crafts at 50 i dont see me selling much furniture if only 1-2 fc per server will be getting a house due to their price lol. Currently there is no benefit/reason for the FC house.

They have stated that in the future they plan to add some stuff, but at the moment THERE IS NOTHING ergo it is a huge gil sink for potential later use that might be 3 months away.


Wow... hanging out and chatting with friends is half the reason I play mmos. No I don't login solely to chat, but it's definitely an addition that I really enjoy in game. I agree with you that it's just a gil sink for very little benefit, but I kinda feel bad for you if hanging out and chatting aren't even on your radar. It's the relationships I've made in mmos that keep me coming back, but to each their own.

Edited, Dec 16th 2013 3:10pm by BartelX


just for the sake of argument, you can do everything you mentioned without a house.
#16 Dec 16 2013 at 2:12 PM Rating: Excellent
**
576 posts
dustinfoley wrote:

Your right, i dont enjoy 'hanging' out. If i am on with my FC we are doing something.... I dont log on to a game to 'hang out'


More power to ya, but you have to remember that people play MMOs for all kinds of reasons. Yours are no more valid than theirs.


Quote:
this isnt the sims, its not a chat room, its a game.


I beg to differ with you here. MMOs have always been a cross between a game and a chat room. Some of us enjoy shooting the sh*t with our guild members, even when we're not actively engaged in attaining a goal.
____________________________
FFXI, Siren: Pickins BST99.:~:.BLM75.:~:.RDM56
FFXIV, Siren: Miss Pickins - Builder of the Realm
#17 Dec 16 2013 at 2:19 PM Rating: Excellent
Needs More Smut
******
21,262 posts
I voted "trap to catch RMT players."

1. Housing released with outrageous prices; everyone told up front it'll become cheaper later on, so wait
2. A handful Rich impatient FCs get all spendy and buy houses right away
3. SE has now narrowed down several thousand accounts to audit for RMT activities, either recent or in the past
4. SE bans the accounts that probably bought gil, and if enough members of a FC that bought a house did so, nukes the house
5. After a month, SE announces how much gil was removed from the economy, and simultaneously in a separate report announces with much fanfare that FC prices via Dutch auction are now 75% off with timer reset.

____________________________
FFXI: Catwho on Bismarck: Retired December 2014
Thayos wrote:
I can't understand anyone who skips the cutscenes of a Final Fantasy game. That's like going to Texas and not getting barbecue.

FFXIV: Katarh Mest and Taprara Rara on Lamia Server - Member of The Swarm
Curator of the XIV Wallpapers Tumblr and the XIV Fashion Tumblr
#18 Dec 16 2013 at 2:21 PM Rating: Excellent
BartelX wrote:
It also acts as a meeting place, and a fun thing for an FC to do when deciding how to decorate, what style to build in, how to furnish, etc.


It's all fun and games until we need to decide between a moogle or a behemoth over the mantle. Then it's time for WAR!
____________________________
Our team is like a flock of woodpeckers in a petrified forest. We just need to keep working and keep an eye open for opportunity.

FFXI
Toofar - Asura (Formerly of Lakshmi (Garuda)) - WHM BLM SMN
Rafoot - Asura (Formerly of Lakshmi (Garuda)) - THF SAM BRD
#19 Dec 16 2013 at 2:22 PM Rating: Excellent
Needs More Smut
******
21,262 posts
We already had a fight over the malboro lamp.
____________________________
FFXI: Catwho on Bismarck: Retired December 2014
Thayos wrote:
I can't understand anyone who skips the cutscenes of a Final Fantasy game. That's like going to Texas and not getting barbecue.

FFXIV: Katarh Mest and Taprara Rara on Lamia Server - Member of The Swarm
Curator of the XIV Wallpapers Tumblr and the XIV Fashion Tumblr
#20 Dec 16 2013 at 2:28 PM Rating: Good
****
6,898 posts
Catwho wrote:
I voted "trap to catch RMT players."

1. Housing released with outrageous prices; everyone told up front it'll become cheaper later on, so wait
2. A handful Rich impatient FCs get all spendy and buy houses right away
3. SE has now narrowed down several thousand accounts to audit for RMT activities, either recent or in the past
4. SE bans the accounts that probably bought gil, and if enough members of a FC that bought a house did so, nukes the house
5. After a month, SE announces how much gil was removed from the economy, and simultaneously in a separate report announces with much fanfare that FC prices via Dutch auction are now 75% off with timer reset.


If it actually happens like this, the exodus from the game would be incredible. I certainly wouldn't keep playing if this happened and know many others who wouldn't either. The sad thing is, I really could see this happening. I really, truly hope it doesn't come to this.

IKickYoDog wrote:
It's all fun and games until we need to decide between a moogle or a behemoth over the mantle. Then it's time for WAR!


Easy solution. A behemoth dressed in a moogle suit.

Edited, Dec 16th 2013 3:29pm by BartelX
#21 Dec 16 2013 at 2:29 PM Rating: Excellent
BartelX wrote:
Catwho wrote:
I voted "trap to catch RMT players."

1. Housing released with outrageous prices; everyone told up front it'll become cheaper later on, so wait
2. A handful Rich impatient FCs get all spendy and buy houses right away
3. SE has now narrowed down several thousand accounts to audit for RMT activities, either recent or in the past
4. SE bans the accounts that probably bought gil, and if enough members of a FC that bought a house did so, nukes the house
5. After a month, SE announces how much gil was removed from the economy, and simultaneously in a separate report announces with much fanfare that FC prices via Dutch auction are now 75% off with timer reset.


If it actually happens like this, the exodus from the game would be incredible. I certainly wouldn't keep playing if this happened and know many others who wouldn't either. The sad thing is, I really could see this happening. I really, truly hope it doesn't come to this.


Seriously. It'd be like an RMT version of an episode of Scooby Doo.
#22 Dec 16 2013 at 2:30 PM Rating: Decent
***
2,232 posts
BartelX wrote:
Catwho wrote:
I voted "trap to catch RMT players."

1. Housing released with outrageous prices; everyone told up front it'll become cheaper later on, so wait
2. A handful Rich impatient FCs get all spendy and buy houses right away
3. SE has now narrowed down several thousand accounts to audit for RMT activities, either recent or in the past
4. SE bans the accounts that probably bought gil, and if enough members of a FC that bought a house did so, nukes the house
5. After a month, SE announces how much gil was removed from the economy, and simultaneously in a separate report announces with much fanfare that FC prices via Dutch auction are now 75% off with timer reset.


If it actually happens like this, the exodus from the game would be incredible. I certainly wouldn't keep playing if this happened and know many others who wouldn't either. The sad thing is, I really could see this happening. I really, truly hope it doesn't come to this.


While I do agree that it's an impossibly nasty thing to do, it 'feels' right. Like this has to be the reason they made it to uncontestably difficult to obtain.
____________________________
Character: Urzol Thrush
Server: Ultros
FC: The Kraken Club

Outshined

Teneleven wrote:
We secretly replaced your tank wemelchor with Foldgers Crystal's. Let's see what happens.

#23 Dec 16 2013 at 2:31 PM Rating: Good
****
6,898 posts
SkinwalkerAsura wrote:
BartelX wrote:
Catwho wrote:
I voted "trap to catch RMT players."

1. Housing released with outrageous prices; everyone told up front it'll become cheaper later on, so wait
2. A handful Rich impatient FCs get all spendy and buy houses right away
3. SE has now narrowed down several thousand accounts to audit for RMT activities, either recent or in the past
4. SE bans the accounts that probably bought gil, and if enough members of a FC that bought a house did so, nukes the house
5. After a month, SE announces how much gil was removed from the economy, and simultaneously in a separate report announces with much fanfare that FC prices via Dutch auction are now 75% off with timer reset.


If it actually happens like this, the exodus from the game would be incredible. I certainly wouldn't keep playing if this happened and know many others who wouldn't either. The sad thing is, I really could see this happening. I really, truly hope it doesn't come to this.


Seriously. It'd be like an RMT version of an episode of Scooby Doo.


It was Old Man Rivers the whole time. He would have gotten away with it too if it weren't for those meddling moogles.

edit: hmmm, a fitting post for #6666. Smiley: nod

Edited, Dec 16th 2013 3:33pm by BartelX
____________________________
Bartel Hayward--- Ultros Server
The Kraken Club <ZAM>
50 WAR • 50 MNK • 50 MIN • 50 GSM • 50 ARM • 50 LTW • 50 CUL • 50 WVR
thekrakenclub.shivtr.com
#24 Dec 16 2013 at 2:33 PM Rating: Decent
Scholar
***
3,599 posts
BartelX wrote:

First off, 50% discount off of 300 million still puts houses at 150 million for a large. Even new servers are about 70 million for a large house for the grade five. That's as low as it gets currently. I'm not angry that the largest house is outside our reach. I expected it probably would be right off the bat. I'm angry that our FC of 50ish active members can't even come close to affording the SMALLEST house currently, let alone the largest. And with an FC of 50 active members, what's the point of owning a small house? It will take months and months for us to have enough gil for a large house. By then, who even knows the state of the game. Heck, half the members who contribute to the housing could be gone by then. It was supposed to be a casual, fun source of content for players and it's turned out to be a hardcore grind that most won't ever even sniff at the current prices.

Also, I believe the furniture offers buffs as has been mentioned above, so there are benefits. It also acts as a meeting place, and a fun thing for an FC to do when deciding how to decorate, what style to build in, how to furnish, etc.


Another bummer is, I wanted the housing districts to be lively communities, where you could walk the district and see everyone's design flair, have neighbors, etc. While I could afford the smallest plot of land, it would take ALL of my friends 8 million lifetime savings to get it, and be the king of an empty district.
____________________________


#25 Dec 16 2013 at 2:34 PM Rating: Good
Scholar
***
1,658 posts
This isnt to trap rmt. Really spend all this time and money to develop something for that. Then anger your used base because of the high prices.. NAH it is just SE not thinking and make a bad decision.. I bet this changes fast.

Edited, Dec 16th 2013 3:34pm by Nashred
____________________________
FFXI: Nashred
Server: Phoenix

FFXIV : Sir Nashred
server: Ultros
#26 Dec 16 2013 at 2:36 PM Rating: Excellent
BartelX wrote:
SkinwalkerAsura wrote:
BartelX wrote:
Catwho wrote:
I voted "trap to catch RMT players."

1. Housing released with outrageous prices; everyone told up front it'll become cheaper later on, so wait
2. A handful Rich impatient FCs get all spendy and buy houses right away
3. SE has now narrowed down several thousand accounts to audit for RMT activities, either recent or in the past
4. SE bans the accounts that probably bought gil, and if enough members of a FC that bought a house did so, nukes the house
5. After a month, SE announces how much gil was removed from the economy, and simultaneously in a separate report announces with much fanfare that FC prices via Dutch auction are now 75% off with timer reset.


If it actually happens like this, the exodus from the game would be incredible. I certainly wouldn't keep playing if this happened and know many others who wouldn't either. The sad thing is, I really could see this happening. I really, truly hope it doesn't come to this.


Seriously. It'd be like an RMT version of an episode of Scooby Doo.


It was Old Man Rivers the whole time. He would have gotten away with it too if it weren't for those meddling moogles.

edit: hmmm, a fitting post for #6666. Smiley: nod

Edited, Dec 16th 2013 3:33pm by BartelX


If Yoshi does his next live letter wearing a neckerchief I'm out.

Quote:
Another bummer is, I wanted the housing districts to be lively communities, where you could walk the district and see everyone's design flair, have neighbors, etc. While I could afford the smallest plot of land, it would take ALL of my friends 8 million lifetime savings to get it, and be the king of an empty district.


This is what I was hoping for. Frat house row in digital form.
#27 Dec 16 2013 at 2:47 PM Rating: Excellent
****
6,898 posts
SkinwalkerAsura wrote:
This is what I was hoping for. Frat house row in digital form.


So much for the FC luncheon we had planned on the veranda for Tuesday. That's right, we'd be the classy Frat. Smiley: sly
____________________________
Bartel Hayward--- Ultros Server
The Kraken Club <ZAM>
50 WAR • 50 MNK • 50 MIN • 50 GSM • 50 ARM • 50 LTW • 50 CUL • 50 WVR
thekrakenclub.shivtr.com
#28 Dec 16 2013 at 2:52 PM Rating: Excellent
BartelX wrote:
SkinwalkerAsura wrote:
This is what I was hoping for. Frat house row in digital form.


So much for the FC luncheon we had planned on the veranda for Tuesday. That's right, we'd be the classy Frat. Smiley: sly


Yeah, we'd be the frat with the two story beer bong out front. If we were neighbors we'd have the makings of a frat comedy!
#29 Dec 16 2013 at 3:14 PM Rating: Excellent
Scholar
***
3,599 posts
SkinwalkerAsura wrote:
BartelX wrote:
SkinwalkerAsura wrote:
This is what I was hoping for. Frat house row in digital form.


So much for the FC luncheon we had planned on the veranda for Tuesday. That's right, we'd be the classy Frat. Smiley: sly


Yeah, we'd be the frat with the two story beer bong out front. If we were neighbors we'd have the makings of a frat comedy!


BartelIX is neat and tidy while SkinwalkerAsura is sloppy and casual. They share a Free Company Lot, and their different lifestyles inevitably lead to conflicts and laughs. Tune in at 8 PM every Tuesday night!
____________________________


#30 Dec 16 2013 at 3:41 PM Rating: Excellent
Too bad Yoshi-P didn't create less-expensive Free Company "encampments" that you could set up alongside rivers and in canyons. That would have fit from a lore perspective too, with all the refugee camps set up in the wake of The Calamity.
____________________________
Thayos Redblade
Jormungandr
Hyperion
#31 Dec 16 2013 at 3:45 PM Rating: Excellent
Smiley: lol
Louiscool wrote:
SkinwalkerAsura wrote:
BartelX wrote:
SkinwalkerAsura wrote:
This is what I was hoping for. Frat house row in digital form.


So much for the FC luncheon we had planned on the veranda for Tuesday. That's right, we'd be the classy Frat. Smiley: sly


Yeah, we'd be the frat with the two story beer bong out front. If we were neighbors we'd have the makings of a frat comedy!


BartelIX is neat and tidy while SkinwalkerAsura is sloppy and casual. They share a Free Company Lot, and their different lifestyles inevitably lead to conflicts and laughs. Tune in at 8 PM every Tuesday night!


Smiley: lol
#32 Dec 16 2013 at 3:53 PM Rating: Excellent
Avatar
***
1,416 posts
Louiscool wrote:
SkinwalkerAsura wrote:
BartelX wrote:
SkinwalkerAsura wrote:
This is what I was hoping for. Frat house row in digital form.


So much for the FC luncheon we had planned on the veranda for Tuesday. That's right, we'd be the classy Frat. Smiley: sly


Yeah, we'd be the frat with the two story beer bong out front. If we were neighbors we'd have the makings of a frat comedy!


BartelIX is neat and tidy while SkinwalkerAsura is sloppy and casual. They share a Free Company Lot, and their different lifestyles inevitably lead to conflicts and laughs. Tune in at 8 PM every Tuesday night!

Rate up for "The Odd Couple" refernce, even if it wasn't intended.
Now, as for the topic at hand, i believe there is good reason for the housing deal to go this way. Given Our past experiences with a million people trying to do the same thing at the same time, maybe the did it this way so they can judge the effects on the hardware. As it stands now, only a few ppl will be able to buy land, and it will tier over time giving Yoshi and crew time to make adjustments as needed.
____________________________

#33 Dec 16 2013 at 4:01 PM Rating: Good
Scholar
***
3,599 posts
Teneleven wrote:
Louiscool wrote:
SkinwalkerAsura wrote:
BartelX wrote:
SkinwalkerAsura wrote:
This is what I was hoping for. Frat house row in digital form.


So much for the FC luncheon we had planned on the veranda for Tuesday. That's right, we'd be the classy Frat. Smiley: sly


Yeah, we'd be the frat with the two story beer bong out front. If we were neighbors we'd have the makings of a frat comedy!


BartelIX is neat and tidy while SkinwalkerAsura is sloppy and casual. They share a Free Company Lot, and their different lifestyles inevitably lead to conflicts and laughs. Tune in at 8 PM every Tuesday night!

Rate up for "The Odd Couple" refernce, even if it wasn't intended.
Now, as for the topic at hand, i believe there is good reason for the housing deal to go this way. Given Our past experiences with a million people trying to do the same thing at the same time, maybe the did it this way so they can judge the effects on the hardware. As it stands now, only a few ppl will be able to buy land, and it will tier over time giving Yoshi and crew time to make adjustments as needed.


Totally intended :D

But yeah, I'm bummed but there's no real reason for outrage or anything. There's just gonna be a lot of us jealous people looking over the fence at the "haves" while we slum it at the Inn. Prices will be lowered when they expand the feature.

Edited, Dec 16th 2013 5:02pm by Louiscool
____________________________


#34 Dec 16 2013 at 4:53 PM Rating: Excellent
***
2,232 posts
Louiscool wrote:
Teneleven wrote:
Louiscool wrote:
SkinwalkerAsura wrote:
BartelX wrote:
SkinwalkerAsura wrote:
This is what I was hoping for. Frat house row in digital form.


So much for the FC luncheon we had planned on the veranda for Tuesday. That's right, we'd be the classy Frat. Smiley: sly


Yeah, we'd be the frat with the two story beer bong out front. If we were neighbors we'd have the makings of a frat comedy!


BartelIX is neat and tidy while SkinwalkerAsura is sloppy and casual. They share a Free Company Lot, and their different lifestyles inevitably lead to conflicts and laughs. Tune in at 8 PM every Tuesday night!

Rate up for "The Odd Couple" refernce, even if it wasn't intended.
Now, as for the topic at hand, i believe there is good reason for the housing deal to go this way. Given Our past experiences with a million people trying to do the same thing at the same time, maybe the did it this way so they can judge the effects on the hardware. As it stands now, only a few ppl will be able to buy land, and it will tier over time giving Yoshi and crew time to make adjustments as needed.


Totally intended :D

But yeah, I'm bummed but there's no real reason for outrage or anything. There's just gonna be a lot of us jealous people looking over the fence at the "haves" while we slum it at the Inn. Prices will be lowered when they expand the feature.

Edited, Dec 16th 2013 5:02pm by Louiscool


I think if they wanted to ease people into it there are plenty of other ways to do so.

Why not a lottery?
Why not a contest?

I think everyone was just expecting that they'd be able to dive in when the patch was released. They could have let us know the butthumpery was coming months ago so that we'd be ready today. Just so many things that could have been done better
____________________________
Character: Urzol Thrush
Server: Ultros
FC: The Kraken Club

Outshined

Teneleven wrote:
We secretly replaced your tank wemelchor with Foldgers Crystal's. Let's see what happens.

#35 Dec 16 2013 at 5:08 PM Rating: Good
Avatar
**
725 posts
I lost 200gil on failed materia melds. And its taken a long time to get it back up. Unfortunately, my means is food making, and the prices of items I craft dropped considerably.

I can't imagine having enough gil for my FC or myself for housing.
____________________________
http://www.zam.com/Im/Image/242033

Name: Ghost Orchid - LEVEL 50 Bard, BLM, WHM, SMN Craft Level 7 Lucis, 6 4-star crafts: CUL, MIN, Wvr, Bsm, Gsm, Arm, Lth, Crp (Fishing and Alc at level 50)
World: Ultros
#36 Dec 16 2013 at 5:22 PM Rating: Excellent
Grandmomma wrote:
I lost 200gil on failed materia melds. And its taken a long time to get it back up. Unfortunately, my means is food making, and the prices of items I craft dropped considerably.

I can't imagine having enough gil for my FC or myself for housing.


Did I read that right? 200 gil? One leve or WP run would replenish that Smiley: tongue Glad I crafted up some triple turn-in leve items before last night. Cha-CHING!
____________________________
Our team is like a flock of woodpeckers in a petrified forest. We just need to keep working and keep an eye open for opportunity.

FFXI
Toofar - Asura (Formerly of Lakshmi (Garuda)) - WHM BLM SMN
Rafoot - Asura (Formerly of Lakshmi (Garuda)) - THF SAM BRD
#37 Dec 16 2013 at 11:16 PM Rating: Default
Scholar
Avatar
*
129 posts
This is group housing, which requires teamwork to get the gil. How much time it takes varies upon each FC and its members.
I think a lot of people freaked out at the pricing because they are thinking and relating to personal housing. I know for a fact raising 125mil to buy the largest plot by myself is impossible to do even if I played nonstop for the next year. But 125mil spread out among a bunch of people is **** of a lot easier to accomplish.

"But we're a smaller FC with only handful of people, we can't afford the largest house." Well no ****. That's why they came out with different size plots. If a smaller FC managed to get a large plot, well that would be impressive and they should be damned proud of achieving that goal.

"But we're a smaller FC with only handful of people, we can't afford the smallest house in a legacy server." Yeah, you guys are screwed. Sorry. But if you guys manage to purchase the smallest sized plot, then more power to you.
#38 Dec 17 2013 at 1:15 AM Rating: Good
Sage
**
847 posts
SkinwalkerAsura wrote:
BartelX wrote:
SkinwalkerAsura wrote:
BartelX wrote:
Catwho wrote:
I voted "trap to catch RMT players."

1. Housing released with outrageous prices; everyone told up front it'll become cheaper later on, so wait
2. A handful Rich impatient FCs get all spendy and buy houses right away
3. SE has now narrowed down several thousand accounts to audit for RMT activities, either recent or in the past
4. SE bans the accounts that probably bought gil, and if enough members of a FC that bought a house did so, nukes the house
5. After a month, SE announces how much gil was removed from the economy, and simultaneously in a separate report announces with much fanfare that FC prices via Dutch auction are now 75% off with timer reset.


If it actually happens like this, the exodus from the game would be incredible. I certainly wouldn't keep playing if this happened and know many others who wouldn't either. The sad thing is, I really could see this happening. I really, truly hope it doesn't come to this.


Seriously. It'd be like an RMT version of an episode of Scooby Doo.


It was Old Man Rivers the whole time. He would have gotten away with it too if it weren't for those meddling moogles.

edit: hmmm, a fitting post for #6666. Smiley: nod

Edited, Dec 16th 2013 3:33pm by BartelX


If Yoshi does his next live letter wearing a neckerchief I'm out.


Yoshi'd be going REALLY old school if he did that. I don't know how recent they are, but on "newer"? Scooby Doo cartoons, Fred has ditched the neckerchief for a plain collared shirt.
____________________________
Pluh.

Koalagal wrote:
I was driving to work this morning, just zoning out, listening to my radio, and out of the corner of my eye, I saw a BLACK MAGE TARU HEALING ON THE SIDE OF THE ROAD! For one split second, I thought "Omg he needs to get out of there he's gonna aggro... what a noob."

Then, I realised it was a black garbage bag left out for pick up.

#39 Dec 17 2013 at 3:56 AM Rating: Default
***
3,416 posts
Wealthiest players is rather close to the mark I'd say, since there is a certain amount of competition in being able to acquire the best plots (unless SE will just open more instances every time the old ones fill up, which negates the competition aspect completely. Considering the best plots are status symbols that would be unfortunate).

Then again I don't understand why you can only choose one option in this poll. Casual players will have no problems with how easy gil is to acquire. In FFXI I couldn't buy myself a HQ anything (haubergeon, scorpion harness, all the good stuff) no matter how many hours I put in while in XIV I can just casually amass enough gil to fund a mid-sized FC house by myself.

So in the end I had to go with the last option.
#40 Dec 17 2013 at 6:49 AM Rating: Good
****
6,898 posts
Hyanmen wrote:
Casual players will have no problems with how easy gil is to acquire. In FFXI I couldn't buy myself a HQ anything (haubergeon, scorpion harness, all the good stuff) no matter how many hours I put in while in XIV I can just casually amass enough gil to fund a mid-sized FC house by myself.


I play probably 2-3 hours a day, which is a bit more than casual I'd say, and there is no way in **** I'm funding enough money for even the smallest house by myself in a reasonable timeframe, even if I'm making 20k a day (which is what Yoshi said casual players will make post-2.1). At that rate, it would take me OVER TWO YEARS to afford a medium sized house alone, and that's if I play every single day and always make my 20k every single day. Is that your idea of casual? It certainly isn't mine. And yes, I realize in an FC there are others contributing, but you specifically mentioned how casual it is to do it solo, which it clearly is not. It's still not casual even for a group.

Edited, Dec 17th 2013 7:56am by BartelX
#41 Dec 17 2013 at 7:07 AM Rating: Excellent
Needs More Smut
******
21,262 posts
Real Life comics today sums it up.
____________________________
FFXI: Catwho on Bismarck: Retired December 2014
Thayos wrote:
I can't understand anyone who skips the cutscenes of a Final Fantasy game. That's like going to Texas and not getting barbecue.

FFXIV: Katarh Mest and Taprara Rara on Lamia Server - Member of The Swarm
Curator of the XIV Wallpapers Tumblr and the XIV Fashion Tumblr
#42 Dec 17 2013 at 7:19 AM Rating: Default
***
3,416 posts
BartelX wrote:
Hyanmen wrote:
Casual players will have no problems with how easy gil is to acquire. In FFXI I couldn't buy myself a HQ anything (haubergeon, scorpion harness, all the good stuff) no matter how many hours I put in while in XIV I can just casually amass enough gil to fund a mid-sized FC house by myself.


I play probably 2-3 hours a day, which is a bit more than casual I'd say, and there is no way in **** I'm funding enough money for even the smallest house by myself in a reasonable timeframe, even if I'm making 20k a day (which is what Yoshi said casual players will make post-2.1). At that rate, it would take me OVER TWO YEARS to afford a medium sized house alone, and that's if I play every single day and always make my 20k every single day. Is that your idea of casual? It certainly isn't mine. And yes, I realize in an FC there are others contributing, but you specifically mentioned how casual it is to do it solo, which it clearly is not. It's still not casual even for a group.


I was speaking for myself when I mentioned mid-sized houses, too bad I wasn't being clear about it I guess. I don't expect every casual fellow to be able to amass enough gil for a mid-sized FC house by themselves. However, small-sized FC house costs roughly four times less so that should be easily within their means. Six months for funding an FC house by yourself playing casually is hardly a massive amount of time for something that isn't designed to be obtained by yourself in the first place, much less if you're a casual player. If there's two of you casuals that's three months, for three people two months etc.

In reality you won't play every single day and always make 20k every single day but then again you're probably using the default prices of plots in your calculation and paying those amounts is also not a realistic scenario as the price is constantly going down.

Edited, Dec 17th 2013 4:20pm by Hyanmen
#43 Dec 17 2013 at 7:19 AM Rating: Decent
Scholar
Avatar
***
2,536 posts

Dunno if anyone suggested this yet.

Just like in real life where when you decide to buy a house, you don't buy the whole thing in cash. You put a down payment, then you pay a loan in monthly installments over the course of years.

It would be nice to have such a system in the game. You pay a down payment for the housing you want, then every week or so the server automatically takes out a specific sum from your guild bank until the full price (plus interest) is paid. If on any given week you have insufficient funds in the guild bank, your housing gets locked up until you've caught up with payments plus the late penalty. If you fail to catch up within a certain amount of time (a month?) your housing gets confiscated.

Confiscated houses are sold to other players at a discounted price.

____________________________
FF11 Server: Caitsith
Kalyna (retired, 2008)
100 Goldsmith
75 Rng, Brd
Main/Acc
Exp/Hybrid
Str/Attk
Spam/Others
#44 Dec 17 2013 at 7:24 AM Rating: Good
***
2,232 posts
Threx wrote:

Dunno if anyone suggested this yet.

Just like in real life where when you decide to buy a house, you don't buy the whole thing in cash. You put a down payment, then you pay a loan in monthly installments over the course of years.

It would be nice to have such a system in the game. You pay a down payment for the housing you want, then every week or so the server automatically takes out a specific sum from your guild bank until the full price (plus interest) is paid. If on any given week you have insufficient funds in the guild bank, your housing gets locked up until you've caught up with payments plus the late penalty. If you fail to catch up within a certain amount of time (a month?) your housing gets confiscated.

Confiscated houses are sold to other players at a discounted price.



I have a mortgage already, thanks though lol.

Seriously, it's something that could maybe work, but how long until you pay it off? So much happens so fast in this game. I could see this being an option for smaller FC's who have a very tight-knit group of friends. There's a reason I don't depend on anyone else to cover my housing costs though. As a rule, people are totally undependable. Now add to that anonymity, lack of accountability, and no real penalty for bailing and you're in big trouble.
____________________________
Character: Urzol Thrush
Server: Ultros
FC: The Kraken Club

Outshined

Teneleven wrote:
We secretly replaced your tank wemelchor with Foldgers Crystal's. Let's see what happens.

#45 Dec 17 2013 at 7:52 AM Rating: Excellent
Needs More Smut
******
21,262 posts
Yeah, I suggested a mortgage in another thread. It'd have to all be automated.

One of the problems we discovered while we were starting to save for our house is that only officers can deposit money into the gil bank. By giving someone deposit access, you automatically give them withdraw access. Very poor design.
____________________________
FFXI: Catwho on Bismarck: Retired December 2014
Thayos wrote:
I can't understand anyone who skips the cutscenes of a Final Fantasy game. That's like going to Texas and not getting barbecue.

FFXIV: Katarh Mest and Taprara Rara on Lamia Server - Member of The Swarm
Curator of the XIV Wallpapers Tumblr and the XIV Fashion Tumblr
#46 Dec 17 2013 at 7:54 AM Rating: Good
***
2,232 posts
Catwho wrote:
Yeah, I suggested a mortgage in another thread. It'd have to all be automated.

One of the problems we discovered while we were starting to save for our house is that only officers can deposit money into the gil bank. By giving someone deposit access, you automatically give them withdraw access. Very poor design.


Oh, I didn't know that part. It's just greyed out for me. lol
____________________________
Character: Urzol Thrush
Server: Ultros
FC: The Kraken Club

Outshined

Teneleven wrote:
We secretly replaced your tank wemelchor with Foldgers Crystal's. Let's see what happens.

#47 Dec 17 2013 at 8:03 AM Rating: Good
****
6,898 posts
Hyanmen wrote:
BartelX wrote:
Hyanmen wrote:
Casual players will have no problems with how easy gil is to acquire. In FFXI I couldn't buy myself a HQ anything (haubergeon, scorpion harness, all the good stuff) no matter how many hours I put in while in XIV I can just casually amass enough gil to fund a mid-sized FC house by myself.


I play probably 2-3 hours a day, which is a bit more than casual I'd say, and there is no way in **** I'm funding enough money for even the smallest house by myself in a reasonable timeframe, even if I'm making 20k a day (which is what Yoshi said casual players will make post-2.1). At that rate, it would take me OVER TWO YEARS to afford a medium sized house alone, and that's if I play every single day and always make my 20k every single day. Is that your idea of casual? It certainly isn't mine. And yes, I realize in an FC there are others contributing, but you specifically mentioned how casual it is to do it solo, which it clearly is not. It's still not casual even for a group.


I was speaking for myself when I mentioned mid-sized houses, too bad I wasn't being clear about it I guess. I don't expect every casual fellow to be able to amass enough gil for a mid-sized FC house by themselves. However, small-sized FC house costs roughly four times less so that should be easily within their means. Six months for funding an FC house by yourself playing casually is hardly a massive amount of time for something that isn't designed to be obtained by yourself in the first place, much less if you're a casual player. If there's two of you casuals that's three months, for three people two months etc.

In reality you won't play every single day and always make 20k every single day but then again you're probably using the default prices of plots in your calculation and paying those amounts is also not a realistic scenario as the price is constantly going down.

Edited, Dec 17th 2013 4:20pm by Hyanmen


No,I was using the half price after 3 month period, assuming that the house is still available and hasn't sold, on the new servers, giving you the best benefit of the doubt in terms of pricing. Now if you're on a legacy server, it's going to take you about 5x as long. So for 1 person that would be 10 years for a medium house. For 10 people, which is what a medium is designed for, that would take them a year. That's if all 10 of them play every day and contribute every penny they make every day. FOR A YEAR. That's of course not including any of the money they'd have to spend for repairs, teleports, gear, materia, food, etc. It doesn't matter how you slice it, it's not casual. Even a small house would take a single person 2 years on a legacy server making 20k every single day. TWO YEARS.

Not to mention, even if it does only take a few months on your server... why the heck should it take a few months to gather enough money for content that is supposed to be vanity and social only at this point? It's more of a grind than anything else in the game. How does that make any sense in a game that was touted as "casual friendly"? I don't want it handed to me. Our FC has been saving since launch for it. I expected to have to pay for it. But for us to get the house we want for our large FC, it will take us YEARS at the current pricing model, even for the 5th grade large house. How is that casual?


Edited, Dec 17th 2013 11:44am by BartelX
____________________________
Bartel Hayward--- Ultros Server
The Kraken Club <ZAM>
50 WAR • 50 MNK • 50 MIN • 50 GSM • 50 ARM • 50 LTW • 50 CUL • 50 WVR
thekrakenclub.shivtr.com
#48 Dec 17 2013 at 8:24 AM Rating: Default
***
3,416 posts
BartelX wrote:
No,I was using the half price after 3 month period, assuming that the house is still available and hasn't sold, on the new servers, giving you the best benefit of the doubt in terms of pricing. Now if you're on a legacy server, it's going to take you about 5x as long. So for 1 person that would be 10 years for a medium house. For 10 people, which is what a medium is designed for, that would take them a year. That's if all 10 of them play every day and contribute every penny they make every day. FOR A YEAR. That's of course not including any of the money they'd have to spend for repairs, teleports, gear, materia, food, etc. It doesn't matter how you slice it, it's not casual.

Not to mention, even if it does only take a few months on your server... why the heck should it take a few months to gather enough money for content that is supposed to be vanity and social only at this point? It's more of a grind than anything else in the game. How does that make any sense in a game that was touted as "casual friendly"? I don't want it handed to me. Our FC has been saving since launch for it. I expected to have to pay for it. But for us to get the house we want for our large FC, it will take us YEARS at the current pricing model, even for the 5th grade large house. How is that casual?


Even with taking all that into account you were still talking about the medium plot essentially making the price four times larger than it needs to be. Like I said even if I could play casually and buy the medium plot didn't mean everyone can do the same. But they can still participate in the content (solo) using the small plots.

Legacy server plot prices will match that of the highest new server prices in a matter of three months.

You're asking why it should take a few months to participate in vanity/social content. Let me ask you why it shouldn't take few months to participate in completely optional content that has nothing to do with your character's progression. Why should there not be inherent value in obtaining a house that is not so easily obtainable, making it much more than a vanity and or social feature (a status symbol)? If you take the value of a status symbol away a vanity system like this will not have nearly as much value to it. Why strip it away, especially when individual housing will co-exist with it in few month's time either way?

At least a vanity system like transmogrification modifies your character's appearance directly, justifying it's existence in a much more direct way.

Edited, Dec 17th 2013 5:27pm by Hyanmen
#49 Dec 17 2013 at 8:27 AM Rating: Good
Scholar
20 posts

I doubt it has been stated officially yet .. But I am curious - Will the plot size deturmine the number of eventual enhancements you can attach to it later on? Garden, Stable, Crafting Room, Airship Dock?

If people are going to sink in a sizable chunk of Gil into a small/medium plot, when the features they really want later are only available on a large plot, it would be good to know now.
#50 Dec 17 2013 at 8:41 AM Rating: Good
****
4,148 posts
If you don't want RMT in your game, make housing accessible enough that players don't feel the need to buy gil. That seems pretty common sense to me. Instead, SE release a feature that isn't ready and charge astronomical prices so no one can afford it and people won't realize just how incomplete it is.

There were so many good ideas involved in trying to rebirth XIV. Where did they all go? Seems like they're trying to sabotage themselves with some of the recent announcements and changes.
____________________________
Rinsui wrote:
Only hips + boobs all day and hips + boobs all over my icecream

HaibaneRenmei wrote:
30 bucks is almost free

cocodojo wrote:
Its personal preference and all, but yes we need to educate WoW players that this is OUR game, these are Characters and not Toons. Time to beat that into them one at a time.
#51 Dec 17 2013 at 9:30 AM Rating: Default
***
3,416 posts
FilthMcNasty wrote:
If you don't want RMT in your game, make housing accessible enough that players don't feel the need to buy gil. That seems pretty common sense to me. Instead, SE release a feature that isn't ready and charge astronomical prices so no one can afford it and people won't realize just how incomplete it is.


If you don't want RMT in your game, don't give gil any value.

The playerbase has a decision to make. The problem is that nobody seems to get the big picture so their judgment is too hasty.

You either make gil a near meaningless currency or you deal with the consequences of gil having value (RMT and gil buyers).

But to state that one solution is soooo much better than the other is just an insult. Why is it so horrible to wish for money to be actually valuable?
« Previous 1 2
Reply To Thread

Colors Smileys Quote OriginalQuote Checked Help

 

Recent Visitors: 63 All times are in CST
Anonymous Guests (63)