What's going to change for the Open Beta?
4Gamer sat with Final Fantasy XIV developers Hiromichi Tanaka, Nobuaki Komoto and Sage Sundi to discuss the big changes coming for the open beta. Check out the details below:
- Many players are still requesting faster battles and quicker action, and the developers are working on fulfilling their wishes.
- So far, players are very happy with the ease of solo play. In FFXI, players complained they couldn't get parties, but in FFXIV, they don't even mind not joining one.
- New types of Guildleve quests will open up for players as they increase in level.
- The open beta phase will last about 2-3 weeks. Tanaka believes they will be able to handle several hundred thousand players.
- The game currently has 10 servers, with more possibly planned for when service begins in September.
- The distance between each city-state is very far, allowing players to really explore the vast landscape of Eorzea for the first time. Getting to and from Limsa-Lominsa will require access to a ship.
- Once the open beta is complete, all data will be deleted. However the developers are hoping to allow players to retain their names for the release version.
- The game has been designed in a way that players cannot monopolize certain monsters in an area.
- A new version of the benchmark software is under development.
Discuss this in the ZAM Forums!