Just hours ago, Square Enix announced on the official Final Fantasy XIV Twitter account that select net cafes in Japan will be hosting the Final Fantasy XIV beta. In total, there will be nine establishments players can turn to for access to Eorzea:
- Monkey Net (もんきーねっと) in Chiyoda ward, Tokyo
- Comic Buster (コミックバスター) in Machida, Tokyo
- Net Cafe Warehouse (ネットカフェウェアハウス) in Kawasaki city, Kanagawa
- GRAN CYBER CAFE BAGUS in Osaka city, Osaka
- Internet Cafe @wan (インターネットカフェアットワン) in Osaka city, Osaka
- MUSE CLUB in Uji city, Kyoto
- Internet & Manga Kissa-ciao (インターネット＆まんが喫茶チャオ in Nishio city, Aichi
- Conpara (コンパラ) in Toyokawa city, Aichi
- Aprecio (アプレシオ) in Shizuoka-city, Shizuoka
According to the promotional site, prospective adventurers can go to the service counter at any of these locations to check if any booths with the beta installed are available. If there is a spot open, the customer will receive a registration code, which is then used on the Square Enix Account Management page to register the account for the FFXIV beta. Once that is complete, the customer is in!
If you happen to live in any of the areas listed above, you can get more details by clicking here. Links beside each location will open a page with a full address and map to your desired cafe. For players in Japan waiting for that ever-elusive beta code -- or with a less than stellar computer -- this could be a good opportunity to experience the beta first-hand.
Discuss this in the ZAM Forums!