With the Open Beta ending on September 19th and the official launch only days later, Square Enix has released information regarding the launch of Final Fantasy XIV. Details such as the worlds available upon the launch, name transfers of beta characters, payment method selection, and in-game bonus item retrieval is available, as well as the date of the official launch of The Lodestone, Final Fantasy XIV's official player site.
Read below the jump for full details on this information release, and feel free to discuss this on the Zam Forums!
We would like to take this moment to provide details on the preparation for the official service of FINAL FANTASY XIV.
- Official Service Launch Date
At 18:00 (PDT) on Sep. 21, 2010, early access to the Realm of Eorzea will begin. The official service is scheduled to begin on Sep. 30, 2010.
* Along with the start of early access, the download of client patch will become available.
- Official Launch of "FINAL FANTASY XIV, The Lodestone"
Before the launch of early access, which is scheduled for 18:00 (PDT) on Sep. 21, 2010, the official players' site "FINAL FANTASY XIV, The Lodestone" will become available. "The Lodestone" is scheduled to become available at 8:00 (PDT) on Sep. 21, 2010.
All the news, topics and version update details on FINAL FANTASY XIV will be posted on "The Lodestone."
The URL of "FINAL FANTASY XIV, The Lodestone" is: http://lodestone.finalfantasyxiv.com
* As of now, the players' site is only available to certain beta testers. However, it will become available to all users starting at 8:00 (PDT) on Sep. 21, 2010.
- Uninstallation of the Beta Client After the Completion of FINAL FANTASY XIV Open Beta Test After the Open Beta Test comes to an end, please uninstall the client software "FINAL FANTASY XIV Beta Version."
Installing the release version of “FINAL FANTASY XIV” or other software developed by our company while “FINAL FANTASY XIV Beta Version” remains installed may cause certain issues. Should you try to uninstall “FINAL FANTASY XIV Beta Version” after installing the release version, certain settings may be reset.
* The language setting of the operating system will be used to determine the default language setting for the release version of FINAL FANTASY XIV.
- Worlds Available Upon the Launch
The following worlds will be available upon the start of the early access that is scheduled for Sep. 21, 2010.
* Depending on the server population, new worlds may be added.
* If server congestion occurs, character creation may temporarily become unavailable.
- Transferring Character Names to the Official Release Participants of the Open Beta Test will be able to transfer their character names from the FINAL FANTASY XIV Open Beta Test to the official release. As long as the worlds selected in the open beta test and the official release are the same, the character name used in the open beta test will be usable in the official release.
* Upon the transfer of the character name, both selection of the world and character name input need to be done properly. Please make sure to remember both the world you belonged to and the name of the character you used during the open beta yest.
*If the character name has been determined to be improper by Square Enix, the transfer may not be done.
* After the open beta test has concluded, the character names still existing on the account will be transferable.
-Transferring Character Appearance to the Official Release During the open beta test, saving a character’s data at the time of its creation will allow you to create a character with the same appearance in the commercial release of the game.
* Data on character appearance will be saved under My Documents. Please be aware that the transfer cannot be done if the My Documents directory is deleted. Uninstalling the beta client "FINAL FANTASY XIV Beta Version" will not cause the data saved in My Documents to be deleted.
- Reminder to the Players Who Have Purchased "FINAL FANTASY XIV Collector's Edition"
Upon the start of early access to the Realm of Eorzea, server congestion on the Square Enix Account Management System is expected. By completing the following process on Square Enix Account Management System, you will be able to smoothly begin your adventure.
1. Register Square Enix Account Beforehand For those of you who have not obtained a Square Enix account, please click here and complete the registration process.
2. Selecting the Payment Method
Square Enix Crysta can be selected as the payment method for monthly service fees.
*Additional payment methods will become available after the Square Enix Account Management System maintenance, which will be completed between Sep. 20, 2010 from 19:00 to 23:00 (PDT).
- Transferal of FINAL FANTASY XI Player Character Name to FINAL FANTASY XIV When creating a new FINAL FANTASY XIV character, FINAL FANTASY XI players’ character names will be prioritized. The character’s name will become “Given Name: the Player Character’s name in FINAL FANTASY XI” + “Surname: the name of the Player Character’s World.”
* Please note that you will not be able to transfer your Player Character name in the following cases:
- If you have created a character before linking your PlayOnline ID (It is, however, possible to transfer Player Character names by deleting the characters you created, linking your PlayOnline ID, and then re-creating your characters).
- If, at the time of creating your FINAL FANTASY XIV character, the linked PlayOnline ID’s FINAL FANTASY XI Content IDs are invalid (the Content IDs have been canceled and are thus not being billed).
- If the linked PlayOnline ID’s FINAL FANTASY XI is in the free trial period.
- If there are no FINAL FANTASY XI characters on the linked PlayOnline ID.
* If you have recently created a character, transferred Worlds, or used the Character Reactivation Service on FINAL FANTASY XI, it may take some time before you can transfer your Player Character name to FINAL FANTASY XIV.
* Users can create characters with new names, regardless of whether a PlayOnline ID is linked or not.
- In-Game Bonus Items
→ To receive the in-game bonus items that come with FINAL FANTASY XIII (initial batch only), FINAL FANTASY XIV Collector's Edition, or FINAL FANTASY XIV Standard Edition, you will need to register the item codes which comes with the corresponding product. To register an item code, please follow the steps below:
1. Log into the Square Enix Account Management System (https://secure.square-enix.com/account/)
2. Select the "Select Service" option under "Service and Options"
3. Select "FINAL FANTASY XIV," and then "Add a service account"
4. Enter the corresponding item code, and then select "Next"
* The in-game bonus item will apply to the corresponding FINAL FANTASY XIV service account once the registration is complete.
* When you create a character on the corresponding FINAL FANTASY XIV service account, the character will start off with the in-game bonus item in possession. Please note that characters created prior to the registration of the item code(s) will not receive the in-game bonus item, so make sure you register the code prior to the creation process.
→ Perks for Simultaneous Players of Both FINAL FANTASY XI and FINAL FANTASY XIV If a PlayOnline ID with an active FINAL FANTASY XI Content ID is linked to a Square Enix account with a FINAL FANTASY XIV service account, all new characters created on that FINAL FANTASY XIV service account will start out possessing an in-game bonus item.
* Please note that you will not be able to receive a special in-game item in the following cases:
- If you have created a character before linking your PlayOnline ID (It is, however, possible to receive the in-game item by deleting the characters you created, linking your PlayOnline ID, and then re-creating your characters).
- If, at the time of creating your FINAL FANTASY XIV character, the linked PlayOnline ID’s FINAL FANTASY XI Content IDs are invalid (the Content IDs have been cancelled and are thus not being billed).
- If the linked PlayOnline ID’s FINAL FANTASY XI is in the free trial period.