Last night, the FFXIV servers went down for four hours for scheduled maintenance. Today, Square Enix posted details about the version update on The Lodestone.
Read under the jump for the full details and discuss this on the ZAM forums!
A version update of FINAL FANTASY XIV was performed at the following time.
* The software client will begin updating automatically the next time you run FINAL FANTASY XIV.
[Date & Time]
Oct. 8, 2010 at 2:30 (PDT)
-FINAL FANTASY XIV
[Important Update Details]
- Made an adjustment to how experience points are distributed amongst party members. Instead of dividing a total number of experience points by the number of players who participated in the battle, it now distributes the total amount of experience points equally amongst all players in the party.
- The chat log will no longer close while entering text during the following processes:
- When viewing a bazaar
- When setting up a bazaar
- During gathering
- During synthesis
- An issue wherein a player would be unable to progress with the quest "Futures Perfect," if they join a party during the cutscene has been addressed.
- An issue wherein a player would be unable to start a levequest if they initiate a teleport at the same time has been addressed.
- Implemented a countermeasure for an issue which prevented players from gaining skill points during battle.
- An issue wherein the FINAL FANTASY XIV client would shut down when a player adds or removes a new party member has been addressed.
- An issue wherein players would take damage when executing a macro command for an area of effect action that is centered on themselves has been addressed.
- An issue wherein messages in tell, party, or linkshell chat would not go through properly has been addressed.
- Implemented a countermeasure for an issue where an item would not display properly under a certain condition.
- A rare issue wherein an item data would get corrupted during a server outage has been addressed.
* We have confirmed that if a player attempts to put this corrupted item into their bazaar, it would cause the server to go down. We are currently in the process of addressing this issue, but until then, we have placed a temporarily restriction on these corrupted items which were being sold by certain players. We will be providing an update on this situation once we have a better idea on when the the actual fix will take place. We deeply apologize for any inconvenience this may have caused.
- An issue wherein the login queue would not work as intended during server congestion has been addressed.
- Implemented a countermeasure to prevent server outages under a certain condition.
- Other miscellaneous issues have been addressed.
* The previously announced improvements to the market system are currently in the final preparation stages and will be ready by the version update next week. Please keep an eye out for future announcements regarding this matter.