Early details on the upcoming World Transfer Service for Final Fantasy XIV.
Not happy with your world on Final Fantasy XIV?
Community Representative Camate reached out with a message to the community: the World Transfer Service is coming "soon". Transfers will be free for the first five days. Camate provides a very detailed post outlining the requirements and risks, but here’s our summary:
Requirements of a transfer:
- You cannot belong to a Free Company (If you do, please leave the Free Company).
- Make sure the character you wish to transfer is logged out.
- Make sure there are no items being sold on the market boards.
- There will be a limitation on the maximum amount of gil you can bring.
Risks of a transfer:
- You may have to rename your character in very rare cases.
- You may have log-in restrictions at peak hours if your new World is popular.
- You may lose gil if it's a new World and you try to transfer a large amount.
- You may not be able to log in for a few days if the free transfer period is busy.
Although the post covers lots of detail, a more official announcement will soon be available.
Colt "ShdwFlm" Casey