On Monday, April 14, Square Enix will release FFXIV: ARR on the PlayStation 4.
On Monday, April 14th, Final Fantasy XIV: A Realm Reborn will officially launch on the PlayStation 4. We have some information for those looking to dive into the console version of the game!
- PC Players: Must purchase the PS4 version; players will not need to transfer accounts as all FFXIV players will play on the same servers
- PS3 Players: Do not need to purchase the PS4 version, but can freely transfer accounts from PS3 to PS4; however, players who transfer from PS3 to PS4 will no longer be able to play the PS3 version, so will need to purchase the PS4 version (rather than transfer) in order to play both versions
- PS3->PS4 transfer service begins on Friday, April 11th
- To transfer your PlayStation 3 account, you must have logged into it from a PS3 at least once
PlayStation 4 Special Features
- Stunning high-definition visuals; play in 1080p!
- Remote Play via the PlayStation®Vita system
- DUALSHOCK®4 Controller with Touchpad Support
- Player Content Sharing: livestream your gameplay or share screenshots!
- Mouse/Keyboard play capabilities
If you're still not sure whether or not to dive into the PS4 version after playing the PC, our Eorzea Examiner columnist, Michael "Ragar" Branham, shared his thoughts during the early March beta, and we hope that some of the limitations he encountered were improved upon in later beta versions. You can pre-order the PlayStation 4 edition at the official site!
Ann "Cyliena" Hosler, Managing Editor