Answer the call and push forward to Heavensward!
The teaser trailer for Heavensward still says Spring, however the confirmed release date for the upcoming expansion will be June 23rd (early access around June 19th), with pre-orders for the game beginning on March 16th.
The team stated that the pushback for the release was to ensure the game's continued quality, since they are providing enough content for this expansion to be considered a stand-alone RPG. Some of the things players can expect to see include:
- Three new Jobs (Dark Knight, Astrologian, Machinist)
- Level cap increase to lv. 60
- New Playable Race – Au Ra
- Flying Mounts (including personal Airships)
- Free Company Airships
- Massive Areas
- New Raid – Alexander (with both normal and hard difficulty)
- New Primals
- New Job-specific armor
- & More
It was also confirmed that there will be Mac version of the game client which will be released at the same time as the Heavensward expansion. While exact pricing has not been discussed as of yet, the three editions of the game include:
- The Collector's Edition – Comes with physical and digital items
- Standard Edition – Comes with the Heavensward expansion
- Bundle Edition – Comes with FFXIV: A Realm Reborn & FFXIV: Heavensward
Lastly, shown during the was panel a sneakpeak video detailing some of the new zones players can expect to see in Heavensward. You can check out the video here.
For more information, news and updates on Final Fantasy XIV and the upcoming Heavensward expansion, keep it locked to ZAM.
Corey "Cyglaive" Jenkins
Follow Corey on Twitter @Cyglaive