Halloween is just around the corner and the citizens of Eorzea have likely already begun their preparations for the spookiest and creepiest time of year. In order to do our part to get everyone into the spirit of things, the ZAM Pumpkin Carving Contest is back for its fourth year! Get your knives and scrapers ready in what should be a fun and exciting chance to display both your creativity and love for Eorzea!
Grand Prize: Prize packet including:
First Place: Moogle Plushie, 2 month ZAM premium membership
Second Place: Sunflex controller, 1 month ZAM premium membership
Entries should be emailed to firstname.lastname@example.org. LIMIT ONE APPROVED ENTRY PER PERSON. For tips on photographing your pumpkin, visit Pumpkin Carving 101. Please include all of the following:
Images can and will be re-sized for contest display. Please do not submit cropped and re-sized images.
Contestants that submit entries approved for the contest will receive an entry number. Contestants that have their entries rejected may submit another entry for consideration. If confirmation is not received within 24 hours, please email to inquire about your entry.
1. All pumpkin entries must be carved by the entrant and must have been carved in October 2010.
2. No offensive or pornographic entries will be accepted. All entries must be "Safe for Work".
3. Entries must be Final Fantasy XIV related.
4. Entries must be submitted between October 11 and October 29, 2010. The cutoff time for submission is 6 PM EST.
6. Limit of ONE full-sized pumpkin per entry. Up to two miniature pumpkins may be used as needed for additional creative effort.
7. Limit one entry per person.
This year, the ZAM team will be choosing 25 finalists from all pumpkins submitted to move on to a final judging phase where ZAM staff will determine the winning entries.
The 25 finalists will be posted on October 30th to showcase the talent of our community. The winner will be announced on October 31, 2010.
ZAM.com reserves the right to disqualify any entry based on photographic quality, pumpkin theme, or any other reason that may deem the entry as offensive or unacceptable. Winner(s) may be asked to provide additional photographs of the winning pumpkin(s) for verification purposes.
Carving an FFXI Pumpkin by Pikko