The land of Eorzea is a region in the world of Hydaelyn encompassing the continent of Aldenard and its surrounding islands. As depicted in the first official trailer for Final Fantasy XIV, Eorzea is where players will start out in Haiderin.
The region of Eorzea is covered with mountains, water and lush forests, according to images displayed in the trailer. A complete daily cycle -- including a day and night -- passes in one earth hour. The region contains many types of weather, sometimes benign and other times harsh. Eorzea is not said to be a hospitable place.
- Limsa Lominsa - A bustling port and pirate hub
- Ul'dah - A desert city rich in mineral wealth
- Gridania - A place nestled deep within an ageless wood
- Ishgard - A bastion atop the mountains
- Ala Mhigo - A city once considered the most power of the six Eorzean cities but has since fallen to the Garlean Empire
- Thanalan - Thanalan is the area right outside the city-state of Ul'Dah
- La Noscea - La Noscea is located near the city-state of Limsa Lominsa
- The Black Shroud - The Black Shroud is the forest region to the south of Gridania
- Coerthas - Coerthas is a mountainous region leading to the city of Ishgard
- Mor Dhona - Mor Dhona is the home of an ancient battle that has left the landscape a wasteland
Despite the breathtaking landscape of Eorzea, the land is said to have several science fiction elements intertwined with fantasy and natural features.
This page last modified 2010-10-13 21:33:31.