Forum Settings
       
Reply To Thread

What would YOU choose for the next new job?Follow

#77 May 07 2013 at 12:53 PM Rating: Good
Avatar
***
3,112 posts
Thief for sure, although I am not sure how I would like to see it's progression. Thief>Ninja could work, but I'd like ninja to be its own entity.

I'd also like to see Geomancer in some form. It makes me a little sad that I stopped playing FFXI before its release. I haven
''t even been able to bring myself to read up on it to see how they balanced it lol...
____________________________
95THF, 95DRG, 90BRD, 94BLM, 95BLU, 90COR - Retired: Nov 2011
Someday soon my friends, this ride will come to and end, and we can't just get in line again.
#78 May 07 2013 at 1:02 PM Rating: Good
*******
50,733 posts
Why isn't anyone really exploiting the "topic didn't specify whether outside franchise was acceptable" loophole? I'm going with bionic Bounty Hunter from Wild ARMs 2, like Kanon.
____________________________
George Carlin wrote:
I think it’s the duty of the comedian to find out where the line is drawn and cross it deliberately.
#79 May 07 2013 at 1:39 PM Rating: Decent
Scholar
***
3,599 posts
Gaxe reminded me of something from way long ago during the original 14 hype. The world was supposed to be a more modern era, akin to ff7. We KINDA saw that with the empire and magiteck, but it would be nice for them to explore that modern aspect with new jobs.

I'm not clamoring for Gunbladers, but really any class we haven't seen before that uses magiteck would be nice.
____________________________

[ffxivsig]1183812[/ffxivsig]
#80 May 07 2013 at 1:47 PM Rating: Decent
Scholar
****
9,997 posts
Quote:
I'm not clamoring for Gunbladers,


WHY NOT?
____________________________
Hyrist wrote:
Ok, now we're going to get slash fiction of Wint x Kachi somehere... rule 34 and all...

Never confuse your inference as the listener for an implication of the speaker.

Good games are subjective like good food is subjective. You're not going to seriously tell me that there's not a psychological basis for why pizza is great and lutefisk is revolting. The thing about subjectivity is that, as subjects go, humans actually have a great deal in common.
#81 May 07 2013 at 2:06 PM Rating: Decent
Scholar
***
3,599 posts
Kachi wrote:
Quote:
I'm not clamoring for Gunbladers,


WHY NOT?


Duh.. Because Gun-Halberds have been introduced!

____________________________

[ffxivsig]1183812[/ffxivsig]
#82 May 07 2013 at 2:32 PM Rating: Excellent
**
660 posts
For that matter they could introduce Tinkerer as a class with Engineer being the job.

I have to admit it would be awesome to have a class that uses a buster sword (Soldier that I mentioned earlier) and a class that uses a gunblade. The nostalgia factor would go through the roof on that.

I love threads like these but it's bittersweet. The jobs that actually make it into the game are always much less creative than the ideas I read here.
____________________________


#83 May 07 2013 at 2:47 PM Rating: Good
Sage
***
1,675 posts
I liked the Edgar, machinist idea from FFIV (3).

It would be like a Puppetmaster, kinda, (turning the puppet into a weapon) but instead of having several different weapons you'd only have a couple (crossbow/chainsaw) and you'd be able to customize them with poison bolts, DoTs, elemental attacks, etc...

A Sabin-like class would be cool too. Yes, I know it's based off of a monk, but if you were able to do a few DDR-like button combos for a big TP move I think that might be interesting.
#84 May 08 2013 at 12:51 PM Rating: Good
+1 for Edgar type...and going along with the bionic bounty hunter idea, how about a class that replaced their limbs with magitek versions that give them various abilities? They'd be magical bionic bounty hunters.
#85 May 08 2013 at 1:08 PM Rating: Decent
Scholar
***
3,599 posts
Kierk wrote:
I liked the Edgar, machinist idea from FFIV (3).

It would be like a Puppetmaster, kinda, (turning the puppet into a weapon) but instead of having several different weapons you'd only have a couple (crossbow/chainsaw) and you'd be able to customize them with poison bolts, DoTs, elemental attacks, etc...

A Sabin-like class would be cool too. Yes, I know it's based off of a monk, but if you were able to do a few DDR-like button combos for a big TP move I think that might be interesting.


Relevant
____________________________

[ffxivsig]1183812[/ffxivsig]
#86 May 08 2013 at 1:12 PM Rating: Good
Louiscool wrote:
Kierk wrote:
I liked the Edgar, machinist idea from FFIV (3).

It would be like a Puppetmaster, kinda, (turning the puppet into a weapon) but instead of having several different weapons you'd only have a couple (crossbow/chainsaw) and you'd be able to customize them with poison bolts, DoTs, elemental attacks, etc...

A Sabin-like class would be cool too. Yes, I know it's based off of a monk, but if you were able to do a few DDR-like button combos for a big TP move I think that might be interesting.


Relevant


Smiley: lol
#87 May 08 2013 at 1:12 PM Rating: Good
*******
50,733 posts
Kierk wrote:
A Sabin-like class would be cool too. Yes, I know it's based off of a monk, but if you were able to do a few DDR-like button combos for a big TP move I think that might be interesting.
I agree and disagree. A problem would arise dealing with lag and server load and such where fighting game inputs could get lost and cause heavy problems for people playing the class, and there's also people that might simply not be dexterous enough to pull off the moves themselves in in optimum settings. But, like Kanon, you could just set it as a combo. You start inputting a simple first level move, that branches off in two directions for a medium move, and each of those two moves branches to two more moves to build up combo points, and you build enough then you can instantly pull a full combo in a single combat round using 1+2+3 in rapid succession.

It gets the basic idea out without punishing lesser machines, connections, and players.
____________________________
George Carlin wrote:
I think it’s the duty of the comedian to find out where the line is drawn and cross it deliberately.
#88 May 08 2013 at 4:45 PM Rating: Good
Scholar
Avatar
**
412 posts
Kachi wrote:
GDLYL wrote:
I really want Samurai. Yet, I have this new urge for a Dark Knight. Something that really looks hellish lol. Skills similar to FFT: War of the Lions.


I really like the look of the Dark Knights in FFT-- I think they'd look especially cool with a katana. Actually, that's kind of a wet dream of mine.


Yes!Smiley: nod It would be so nice to have an aoe attack that just shoots out a mass amount of souls etc. I enjoyed the Hp for attack attacks. The potential is great with Dark Knight. Seeing as the Cap isn't here yet, Paladin still has room to get all "holy."

Edited, May 8th 2013 7:03pm by GDLYL
#89 May 08 2013 at 8:04 PM Rating: Decent
Scholar
****
9,997 posts
lolgaxe wrote:
Kierk wrote:
A Sabin-like class would be cool too. Yes, I know it's based off of a monk, but if you were able to do a few DDR-like button combos for a big TP move I think that might be interesting.
I agree and disagree. A problem would arise dealing with lag and server load and such where fighting game inputs could get lost and cause heavy problems for people playing the class, and there's also people that might simply not be dexterous enough to pull off the moves themselves in in optimum settings. But, like Kanon, you could just set it as a combo. You start inputting a simple first level move, that branches off in two directions for a medium move, and each of those two moves branches to two more moves to build up combo points, and you build enough then you can instantly pull a full combo in a single combat round using 1+2+3 in rapid succession.

It gets the basic idea out without punishing lesser machines, connections, and players.


With or without branches, it's not a problem if the input is client side. Lag and such aren't issues, either. It just makes it easy for players to macro it if you don't randomize the inputs needed in some way (which would still only be a matter of time before someone developed a script). You wouldn't have the server acknowledge every button press-- just make the button presses a client side check that gets sent to the server, no different from activating any other ability.

The combo idea could work fine, too. I believe that's the same kind of system used in Xenogears.
____________________________
Hyrist wrote:
Ok, now we're going to get slash fiction of Wint x Kachi somehere... rule 34 and all...

Never confuse your inference as the listener for an implication of the speaker.

Good games are subjective like good food is subjective. You're not going to seriously tell me that there's not a psychological basis for why pizza is great and lutefisk is revolting. The thing about subjectivity is that, as subjects go, humans actually have a great deal in common.
#90 May 08 2013 at 8:05 PM Rating: Default
Avatar
**
818 posts
Walter White
____________________________
The entire Universe to the furthest Galaxy, we are told, is no more than a closed electron existing as part of a much bigger Universe we can never see. And that Universe is only an elementary particle in a still grander Universe. An infinite regression, up and down. - Carl Sagan

Check out my Gamer Blog at http://www.baffledgamer.com/
#91 May 08 2013 at 8:19 PM Rating: Excellent
*
230 posts
Me personaly.. always loved Ninja and Samurai.. But since it is a tp master in XI idk how it would be implemented in XIV seeing as how you start out MAX tp and its generates rather quickly. I know alot of people make a big fuss over blink tank.. But I LOVED tanking on nin. Keeping hate was a challenge and kept me focused on what would be my next best move to keep hate but till have something up my sleeve for adds or he next pull etc. I wouldnt be bumed if it wasnt a blink tank in XIV though.

Just the thought of how much faster combat is coupled with ninja dual wield or sam two hand katana just.. Makes me scream like a school girl on the inside! XD

PS. I never got to level drk like I wanted but their AF was excellent! Fast combat with a Sythe!? MMMMM.. Yoshi get on these DDs! I know we still lack mages and what not so I guess MNK (Da combo masta) and DRG are going to have to hold me over till then.

Edited, May 8th 2013 10:25pm by SaitoMishima
____________________________
[IMG]http://www.avatarsdb.com/avatars/anime_avatar_01.gif[/IMG]
#92 May 08 2013 at 10:03 PM Rating: Good
*
210 posts
Should they not have "Jobs" come off from discipline of hands/land roles? Maybe Blacksmith/Pugilist to become a Puppet Master or something.
#93 May 08 2013 at 10:24 PM Rating: Good
***
1,313 posts
LebargeX wrote:
Catwho wrote:
LebargeX wrote:
reptiletim wrote:
I like the idea of Chemist simply because I want to see them breaking bottles over people's heads.


I think that may be the Hillbilly Berserker class you're thinking of lol.

Maybe a "Drunken" class would be kind of cool. Abilities would be turned on or upgraded depending on the type or volume of drink ingested. Or is that how chemist works already?


I had a character that was this - a "shot mage." She used shots of various alcohols to change her elemental affinity. The more she used, the less accurate her attacks were, but the more powerful.


Oh yeah... that's cool!

Whiskey for Fire, Schnapps Vodka for Ice, Moonshine for Lightning, Guiness Brandy for Dark Magic and Bass Gin for Light!!



We do not "shoot" Shnapps or Beer my friend...

Edited, May 9th 2013 12:25am by Transmigration
____________________________
Eithne Draocht
My IG: archaicmachinery - Friend me!
#94 May 08 2013 at 10:42 PM Rating: Good
***
3,736 posts
keflynmahon wrote:
Should they not have "Jobs" come off from discipline of hands/land roles? Maybe Blacksmith/Pugilist to become a Puppet Master or something.


That might be cool, except that the purpose of a job, as opposed to a class, is to fulfill a certain role in a party setting.

DoH and DoL classes don't have a place in parties. So a job for them would have to do something else.

That being said, it would be interesting if they COULD be integrated into parties so that endgame encounters were affected by their presence. Though off the top of my head I can only think of one way to do it.. so that'd get kinda redundant after a while. Still, I think having crafting and gathering classes as separate classes opens up some potentially innovative uses for them.
____________________________
svlyons wrote:
If random outcomes aren't acceptable to you, then don't play with random people.
#95 May 08 2013 at 10:47 PM Rating: Excellent
***
2,232 posts
Transmigration wrote:
LebargeX wrote:
Catwho wrote:
LebargeX wrote:
reptiletim wrote:
I like the idea of Chemist simply because I want to see them breaking bottles over people's heads.


I think that may be the Hillbilly Berserker class you're thinking of lol.

Maybe a "Drunken" class would be kind of cool. Abilities would be turned on or upgraded depending on the type or volume of drink ingested. Or is that how chemist works already?


I had a character that was this - a "shot mage." She used shots of various alcohols to change her elemental affinity. The more she used, the less accurate her attacks were, but the more powerful.


Oh yeah... that's cool!

Whiskey for Fire, Schnapps Vodka for Ice, Moonshine for Lightning, Guiness Brandy for Dark Magic and Bass Gin for Light!!



We do not "shoot" Shnapps or Beer my friend...

Edited, May 9th 2013 12:25am by Transmigration


Even better :)
____________________________
Character: Urzol Thrush
Server: Ultros
FC: The Kraken Club

Outshined

Teneleven wrote:
We secretly replaced your tank wemelchor with Foldgers Crystal's. Let's see what happens.

#96 May 08 2013 at 10:47 PM Rating: Good
*
210 posts
I don't have any experience with the job/class system. I just thought it would be an interesting and a good link to some Jobs.
#97 May 09 2013 at 10:57 AM Rating: Decent
Scholar
****
9,997 posts
I think it was a huge oversight to abandon the combat applications of DoH/DoL.
____________________________
Hyrist wrote:
Ok, now we're going to get slash fiction of Wint x Kachi somehere... rule 34 and all...

Never confuse your inference as the listener for an implication of the speaker.

Good games are subjective like good food is subjective. You're not going to seriously tell me that there's not a psychological basis for why pizza is great and lutefisk is revolting. The thing about subjectivity is that, as subjects go, humans actually have a great deal in common.
#98 May 09 2013 at 12:39 PM Rating: Good
Scholar
Avatar
**
412 posts
Repairing my weapons and farming dark matter are good enough 'combat applications' for them! That whole combat idea made the story very lack luster at the start. Parley Smiley: disappointed What they did for hamlet defense was awesome. I had more fun on my DOL/DOH than battle class. Pity it was limited to 8 people. Maybe F.A.T.E. still has a use for them. Maybe...
#99 Jun 02 2013 at 11:28 AM Rating: Decent
5 posts
Fell Knight > Dark Knight
Assassin > Ninja
Pilferer (Rogue) > Thief
Herder (Animist) > Beastmaster
are my top jobs I think I would like to see
#100 Jun 02 2013 at 11:32 AM Rating: Excellent
Avatar
**
655 posts
gonna go off the walls and say

The Orator (話術士, Wajutsushi?), also known as Mediator in the original version or Talker in the Japanese version, is a job class from Final Fantasy Tactics. A magical-based job, the Orators use their voice as their main form of attack, along with guns.

Could share a class with Musketeer job if they ever do it.
#101 Jun 02 2013 at 11:59 AM Rating: Good
Avatar
*
61 posts
I would like to see Bluemage or a Beastmaster
Reply To Thread

Colors Smileys Quote OriginalQuote Checked Help

 

Recent Visitors: 18 All times are in CST
Anonymous Guests (18)