Forum Settings
       
1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 Next »
Reply To Thread

Come back! Need discussion...2020 PresidentialFollow

#277 May 25 2020 at 4:39 PM Rating: Decent
The All Knowing
Avatar
*****
10,219 posts
Seriously, all we need is term limits. Everything else would follow.
#278 May 26 2020 at 7:50 PM Rating: Good
Official Shrubbery Waterer
*****
14,658 posts
Jophiel wrote:
Demea wrote:
Justin Amash announced he's no longer seeking the Libertarian Party nomination for President only 3 weeks after announcing that he would seek it. Presumably he changed his mind after spending the intervening time actually talking to Libertarians.

Jo Jorgensen is going to win it for the Libertarians this year.

Enter a hundred thousand JoJo memes on Reddit...
____________________________
Jophiel wrote:
I managed to be both retarded and entertaining.

#279 May 31 2020 at 11:48 PM Rating: Good
Avatar
****
6,530 posts
So the world is on fire I hear. Men have shot arrows into crowds of people, charged at them with swords, run them over with cars and tanker trucks. Despite all of this, it sounds like no one has been killed in all of this chaos somehow. Realistically, I would expect bloody confrontations between police and rioters, or protestors and counter protestors. It almost feels like the real world has been rewritten into some kind of family friendly Disney cartoon. -or, as if some higher power were protecting everyone. I imagine if that tanker truck managed to kill even one person, the violence would escalate to new heights of the like that has never been seen in the modern world. I feel like there is such a fragile balance. I keep thinking of the Hunger Games. All it would take is a little push.

I don't know why, but seeing all this destruction pleases me. Part of me, if not all, wishes to see it continue to escalate until everything has been burned to the ground. Maybe I could be the last straw. "The shot heard around the world" sort of thing.
____________________________
Galkaman wrote:
Kuwoobie will die crushed under the burden of his mediocrity.

#280 Jun 01 2020 at 7:31 AM Rating: Good
Skelly Poker Since 2008
*****
16,718 posts
Kuwoobie wrote:
Part of me, if not all, wishes to see it continue to escalate until everything has been burned to the ground. Maybe I could be the last straw. "The shot heard around the world" sort of thing.
You still need help.

In other election news, I hear that Biden is running against trump for president or the US this fall. Who will win?
____________________________
Alma wrote:
I lost my post
#281 Jun 01 2020 at 11:51 AM Rating: Good
Avatar
****
6,530 posts
Elinda wrote:
Kuwoobie wrote:
Part of me, if not all, wishes to see it continue to escalate until everything has been burned to the ground. Maybe I could be the last straw. "The shot heard around the world" sort of thing.
You still need help.



You keep saying that again and again. Has it not occurred to you that there isn't any help, or are you making a joke of it?
____________________________
Galkaman wrote:
Kuwoobie will die crushed under the burden of his mediocrity.

#282 Jun 02 2020 at 4:00 AM Rating: Good
***
3,908 posts
Elinda wrote:
I hear that Biden is running against trump for president or the US this fall. Who will win?


Why are those the choices? President OR US?

Edited, Jun 2nd 2020 2:01am by stupidmonkey
____________________________
Dandruffshampoo wrote:
Curses, beaten by Professor stupidopo-opo.
Annabella, Goblin in Disguise wrote:
Stupidmonkey is more organized than a bag of raccoons.
#283 Jun 09 2020 at 12:09 PM Rating: Good
*******
50,738 posts
stupidmonkey wrote:
Elinda wrote:
Who will win?
Why are those the choices? President OR US?
Well, it's never us.
____________________________
George Carlin wrote:
I think it’s the duty of the comedian to find out where the line is drawn and cross it deliberately.
#284 Jun 12 2020 at 5:28 AM Rating: Good
Skelly Poker Since 2008
*****
16,718 posts
stupidmonkey wrote:
Elinda wrote:
I hear that Biden is running against trump for president or the US this fall. Who will win?


Why are those the choices? President OR US?

Edited, Jun 2nd 2020 2:01am by stupidmonkey

I think it was supposed to say 'president for the US this fall'. The devil is in the details eh. Smiley: confused
____________________________
Alma wrote:
I lost my post
#285 Jun 14 2020 at 10:49 AM Rating: Excellent
Liberal Conspiracy
*******
TILT
Trump was a hot mess yesterday, obviously unsteady while walking, slurring his words during a speech and needing two hands to guide a glass of water to his mouth. If he wins re-election, we might end up with President Melania, a la Woodrow Wilson.
____________________________
Belkira wrote:
Wow. Regular ol' Joph fan club in here.
#286 Jun 14 2020 at 5:38 PM Rating: Excellent
Scholar
37 posts
Jophiel wrote:
Trump was a hot mess yesterday, obviously unsteady while walking, slurring his words during a speech and needing two hands to guide a glass of water to his mouth. If he wins re-election, we might end up with President Melania, a la Woodrow Wilson.


What are you talking about? He's in such good health, he -ran- the last 10 feet of the ramp. I don't think we've ever had a more fit president. Maybe Ben Garrison is onto something with all those musclebound portrayals of Trump.
#287 Jun 14 2020 at 7:21 PM Rating: Excellent
Liberal Conspiracy
*******
TILT
It's funny he tried to defend it with that because the only people who run down the last ten feet of a ramp are seven year olds and unsteady people trying to get onto flat ground before they spill.
____________________________
Belkira wrote:
Wow. Regular ol' Joph fan club in here.
#288 Jun 15 2020 at 8:27 AM Rating: Good
Skelly Poker Since 2008
*****
16,718 posts
Trumps seeming mental state has been wacko since his election. I don't see it declining - well maybe. He's post 70 now, physical limitations are to be expected. My hands shake too when drinking a glass of water. Apparently a genetic thing that gets worse with age. My granny's shaking, just before she died, was like a quaking aspen leaf on a breezy day. (I don't have any problem with ramps) But I've heard trump wears lifts in his shoes - that would make a ramp hard. Pelosi, too, slurs her words.

Regardless, trumps gotta go cuz his policy decisons and/or lack of, his divisiveness, his bigotry, his ignorance and his isolationism are very bad for our country. He's the president, his words matter bigly.


Edited, Jun 15th 2020 3:28pm by Elinda
____________________________
Alma wrote:
I lost my post
#289 Jun 15 2020 at 11:24 AM Rating: Excellent
Scholar
37 posts
Elinda wrote:
Trumps seeming mental state has been wacko since his election. I don't see it declining - well maybe. He's post 70 now, physical limitations are to be expected. My hands shake too when drinking a glass of water. Apparently a genetic thing that gets worse with age. My granny's shaking, just before she died, was like a quaking aspen leaf on a breezy day. (I don't have any problem with ramps) But I've heard trump wears lifts in his shoes - that would make a ramp hard. Pelosi, too, slurs her words.
Edited, Jun 15th 2020 3:28pm by Elinda


I feel that I should clarify that I have no problems with an elderly man in poor health having issues walking. I don't think that should be enough to remove him (or anyone) from office. Physical bodies break down.

Definitely not trying to body shame him when there's a plethora of other things that make him a garbage person.
#290 Jun 15 2020 at 6:05 PM Rating: Excellent
Liberal Conspiracy
*******
TILT
Elinda wrote:
My hands shake too when drinking a glass of water. Apparently a genetic thing that gets worse with age. My granny's shaking, just before she died, was like a quaking aspen leaf on a breezy day.

I'm not saying I'd feel confident in you as president either Smiley: grin
____________________________
Belkira wrote:
Wow. Regular ol' Joph fan club in here.
#291 Jun 16 2020 at 6:27 AM Rating: Good
Skelly Poker Since 2008
*****
16,718 posts
Jophiel wrote:
Elinda wrote:
My hands shake too when drinking a glass of water. Apparently a genetic thing that gets worse with age. My granny's shaking, just before she died, was like a quaking aspen leaf on a breezy day.

I'm not saying I'd feel confident in you as president either Smiley: grin

After last nights town meeting I think many in my community would feel the same way. It's not easy being in charge of a small town planning board. Every project is controversial with no answer that pleases all. Smiley: eek
____________________________
Alma wrote:
I lost my post
#292 Jun 16 2020 at 11:14 AM Rating: Excellent
Scholar
37 posts
Elinda wrote:
Jophiel wrote:
Elinda wrote:
My hands shake too when drinking a glass of water. Apparently a genetic thing that gets worse with age. My granny's shaking, just before she died, was like a quaking aspen leaf on a breezy day.

I'm not saying I'd feel confident in you as president either Smiley: grin

After last nights town meeting I think many in my community would feel the same way. It's not easy being in charge of a small town planning board. Every project is controversial with no answer that pleases all. Smiley: eek


Have you tried hiring a sizeable private security force, embezzling money for defensive projects, seceding and installing your own totalitarian regime?

I bet you could get some quality projects passed.
#293 Jun 16 2020 at 3:55 PM Rating: Excellent
GBATE!! Never saw it coming
Avatar
****
9,802 posts
Jophiel wrote:
Elinda wrote:
My hands shake too when drinking a glass of water. Apparently a genetic thing that gets worse with age. My granny's shaking, just before she died, was like a quaking aspen leaf on a breezy day.

I'm not saying I'd feel confident in you as president either Smiley: grin
Better her than a racist, rapist Cheeto.




Granted, that's a pretty low bar...
____________________________
remorajunbao wrote:
One day I'm going to fly to Canada and open the curtains in your office.

1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 Next »
Reply To Thread

Colors Smileys Quote OriginalQuote Checked Help

 

Recent Visitors: 7 All times are in CST
Anonymous Guests (7)